TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-14-2010, 07:23 PM   #2731
KevinG

Is there any way to configure autotransfers of different shows to end up in different directories?

So, let's say I want all Spongebob episodes in a /Kids folder and all Boardwalk Empire in an /Adults folder?
KevinG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 09:35 PM   #2732
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinG View Post
Is there any way to configure autotransfers of different shows to end up in different directories?

So, let's say I want all Spongebob episodes in a /Kids folder and all Boardwalk Empire in an /Adults folder?
No. You can use [/] keyword in File Naming configuration to generate folders though. For example:
Code:
[mainTitle][/][episodeTitle] ([monthNum]_[mday]_[year])
Using above for example all Spongebob episodes end up in "Spongebob" folder.
See details about file naming options in configuring_kmttg wiki page.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by moyekj : 10-14-2010 at 09:44 PM.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 07:12 AM   #2733
KevinG

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
No. You can use [/] keyword in File Naming configuration to generate folders though. For example:
Code:
[mainTitle][/][episodeTitle] ([monthNum]_[mday]_[year])
Using above for example all Spongebob episodes end up in "Spongebob" folder.
See details about file naming options in configuring_kmttg wiki page.
Hmm, not entirely sure I can make that work for me... I need these to end up on completely different shared volumes since I'm trying to get it so the "Adult" shows aren't exposed to my kids' WD Live media players.
Old 10-15-2010, 10:16 AM   #2734
moyekj

Quote:
Hmm, not entirely sure I can make that work for me... I need these to end up on completely different shared volumes since I'm trying to get it so the "Adult" shows aren't exposed to my kids' WD Live media players.
Only other suggestion I have is to setup a "custom" script that moves titles to where you want them according to their names.

Old 10-16-2010, 10:00 AM   #2735
Marceneiro

qsfix failed (exit code: 4 )

Hi, I'm new to kmttg, and I've been trying to get the VRD QS fix running from the GUI, but I keep getting this type of error, no matter the file:

Code:
qsfix failed (exit code: 4 ) - check command: C:\WINDOWS\system32\cscript.exe //nologo C:\DOCUME~1\Mar\LOCALS~1\Temp\VRD2478777492916378502.vbs "S:\TiVo Downloads\New Yankee Workshop - Kitchen Cabinet Basics (10_12_2010).mpg" "S:\TiVo Downloads\New Yankee Workshop - Kitchen Cabinet Basics (10_12_2010).mpg.qsfix" /l:C:\DOCUME~1\Mar\LOCALS~1\Temp\VRDLock5644255066559464974.tmp 
? Problem opening output file: S:\TiVo Downloads\New Yankee Workshop - Kitchen Cabinet Basics (10_12_2010).mpg.qsfix
I can open the file in VideoReDo and run the Quickstream Fix manually, so I don't think it is a problem with the files. Does anyone have any ideas as to what is going wrong?
Marceneiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 11:08 AM   #2736
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marceneiro View Post
Hi, I'm new to kmttg, and I've been trying to get the VRD QS fix running from the GUI, but I keep getting this type of error, no matter the file:

Code:
qsfix failed (exit code: 4 ) - check command: C:\WINDOWS\system32\cscript.exe //nologo C:\DOCUME~1\Mar\LOCALS~1\Temp\VRD2478777492916378502.vbs "S:\TiVo Downloads\New Yankee Workshop - Kitchen Cabinet Basics (10_12_2010).mpg" "S:\TiVo Downloads\New Yankee Workshop - Kitchen Cabinet Basics (10_12_2010).mpg.qsfix" /l:C:\DOCUME~1\Mar\LOCALS~1\Temp\VRDLock5644255066559464974.tmp 
? Problem opening output file: S:\TiVo Downloads\New Yankee Workshop - Kitchen Cabinet Basics (10_12_2010).mpg.qsfix
I can open the file in VideoReDo and run the Quickstream Fix manually, so I don't think it is a problem with the files. Does anyone have any ideas as to what is going wrong?
Most likely you are using a recent beta version of VRD TVS4? There were changes to the VRD COM code recently that makes it non-backwards compatible. I already addressed the issue but haven't released a version of kmttg yet containing support for newer VRD, however you can download latest beta version here.

Old 10-16-2010, 12:16 PM   #2737
Marceneiro

Quote:
Most likely you are using a recent beta version of VRD TVS4? There were changes to the VRD COM code recently that makes it non-backwards compatible. I already addressed the issue but haven't released a version of kmttg yet containing support for newer VRD, however you can download latest beta version...
That was it exactly! I'm using the latest beta of VRD TVS4. I tried the latest beta of kmttg, and it worked perfectly.

Thanks so much!
Marceneiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 06:52 PM   #2738
moyekj

v0p7p version released

Highlights of this release include support for latest versions of VideoRedo, configuration option to show estimated time remaining for downloads and better configuration options to support downloads from your TiVos from internet.

NOTE: In this release the custom VideoRedo COM scripts reside in VRDscripts folder in kmttg installation. This gives more transparency as to what they are doing as well as making it a little easier to debug and/or customize further for your own needs if desired.

See release notes for full details.

Old 10-16-2010, 07:42 PM   #2739
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

I just loaded v0p7p and now it will not recognize my S2 and gives me an exit code 6, but it does read my THD with no problem. The MAK is the same on both. I also tried to re-enter my network settings and its been on static IP. PyTivo and my web browser will read the playlist, but not v0p7p.

Edit: now it will not read my THD when I pressed on refresh.
Edit2: I restarted kmttg and it seems to work again.
OTA! OTA! OTA!

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!

Last edited by ThAbtO : 10-16-2010 at 07:47 PM.
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 07:48 PM   #2740
moyekj

Nothing changed compared to last release related to downloads/playlist retrieval methods. Are you using curl method (if so which version) or Java method for downloads? Try switching methods to see if it makes any difference.

Old 10-16-2010, 08:10 PM   #2741
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Quote:
Nothing changed compared to last release related to downloads/playlist retrieval methods. Are you using curl method (if so which version) or Java method for downloads? Try switching methods to see if it makes any difference.
I found the problem, when I activated the estimated time remaining feature, the Exit code 6 reappeared, just had to restart without the time remaining and no problems.
OTA! OTA! OTA!

~~~~~

Old 10-16-2010, 08:19 PM   #2742
KevinG

Has anyone ever experienced the kmttg v0p7l UI disappearing?

I remoted into my server, and left the GUI up. Shut down my client machine. Woke my client machine, and remoted into the server again.

kmttg was still running (it's icon was in the task bar), but the UI was no where to be found. I killed it, and relaunched it...but the UI never appears again. I don't want to have to reboot the server every time I need to access the UI, so this is somewhat of a problem...

Thanks!
Old 10-16-2010, 08:48 PM   #2743
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThAbtO View Post
I found the problem, when I activated the estimated time remaining feature, the Exit code 6 reappeared, just had to restart without the time remaining and no problems.
Doesn't make much sense to me. Time remaining is only related to show downloads, not Now Playings lists. My guess is the S2 web server is borderline and sometimes responds, sometimes doesn't. Probably a state that a reboot would cure.

Old 10-16-2010, 09:40 PM   #2744
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

In the end, I reverted back to 7j and then restarted the PC because even firefox stopped working but IE works.

BTW, when I double-clicked on a job, a window opens with STDOUT and STDERR, the download data appears in STDERR. Shouldn't it be in STDOUT?
OTA! OTA! OTA!

~~~~~

Old 10-17-2010, 05:29 PM   #2745
orangeboy
yes, I AM orangeboy!

Quote:
Has anyone ever experienced the kmttg v0p7l UI disappearing?

I remoted into my server, and left the GUI up. Shut down my client machine. Woke my client machine, and remoted into the server again.

kmttg was still running (it's icon was in the task bar), but the UI was no where to be found. I killed it, and relaunched it...but the UI never appears again. I don't want to have to reboot the server every time I need to access the UI, so this is somewhat of a problem...

Thanks!
Need more info. Wait OSs are you using?
orangeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 08:22 PM   #2746
KevinG

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeboy View Post
Need more info. Wait OSs are you using?

Yes, of course...I forgot this thing runs just about anywhere.

In this case, I'm running it on Windows Home Server (which is basically Windows Server 2003).

As it turns out, the window ends up being a tiny window the size of the title bar. I have to find it, and then resize it. This could have more to do with Remote login (mstsc) than anything else...
Old 10-19-2010, 04:04 PM   #2747
shelleye

Problem Episode....

I've been using KMTTG for a few weeks now, happily downloading, decrypting, commercial cutting, transcoding, all in the background. So great!!!

I have bumped into a problem episode, and I wonder if somebody might have an explanation: the show is Blood Brothers, recorded in HD (1900 x ??). I have tried downloading it several times, first running kmttg as a service, then manually. Each time it hangs at 20% when outputting the "cut" version. So I decided to just download and decrypt using kmttg, then do the cutting and transcoding myself. Come to find out that the downloaded and decrypted file is downright weird, with all kids of audio speedups and what looks like dropped frames. Unwatchable, and crashes Videoredo when I try to open it. Quickstream fix with filters makes it possible to open the file in Videoredo, but doesn't repair what looks like a completely corrupted stream. I can play the same .tivo file just fine on my tivo. All other programs seems to be transferring just fine. At the moment I'm downloading it again (as a .tivo, no decrypting) and I'm going to try using direct show dump, or something else to decrypt, and see if I still get the weird stream.

Any thoughts about what might be going on?
shelleye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 12:09 PM   #2748
CerwinVega

Tivo Fails to Respond After 1 Download

With each new release, I continue to give KMTTG a try. However, I never have success download/decrypting/etc more than 1 episode at a time. Thus, I have not found it any more useful than Tivo Desktop and Handbrake separately, although I continue to hope that I can make it my all-in-one solution.

If I start a queue of jobs with more than 1 episode on my Tivo HD, almost every time, the 2nd episode will fail, the 3rd will finish successfully, and then nothing else will respond after that. And the only solution that I've found to get things working again is to reboot the Tivo HD. Using the "reset tivo web server" menu option doesn't seem to do anything. In addition, even when KMTTG isn't getting a response from the Tivo, I can get Tivo Desktop to read the Now Playing list and successfully download episodes. When it "fails", one of the episodes will throw and error and get placed back in the queue. The following episode will show as downloading, but nothing will happen. And then it's hung. The Tivo will also respond to ping and telnet requests when it's "hung".

I'ved tried curl as well as the Java download methods. I've tried increasing the timeout to larger values. And I've lowered the number of simultaneous jobs to 1. I've tried Bonjour as well as the Tivo beacon for finding the Tivo.

I'm really at wits end but really love the idea of KMTTG and would love it someone could tell me what I'm doing wrong.
CerwinVega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 12:58 PM   #2749
moyekj

CerwinVega. Stay tuned... another user I exchanged emails with recently was having same issue with his THD. What he found seems to solve the problem is to put a delay between download attempts on the same TiVo (in his case he hard coded 30 second delay). So since that does seem to help I will be adding an option for a configurable delay between downloads. When I have implemented something I'll post a beta version with the option that you can give a try if you wish.

Old 10-20-2010, 05:56 PM   #2750
CerwinVega

Quote:
CerwinVega. Stay tuned... another user I exchanged emails with recently was having same issue with his THD. What he found seems to solve the problem is to put a delay between download attempts on the same TiVo (in his case he hard coded 30 second delay). So since that does seem to help I will be adding an option for a configurable delay between downloads. When I have implemented something I'll post a beta version with the option that you can give a try if you wish.
Fantastic! I thought that the setting that's already there for the delay between download retry attempts already handled this, but based on what you're saying, this setting is only for the delay between failures then? If the download is successful, I'm guessing the program tries to download the new episode right away?

Is it possible that the code isn't doing a clean disconnect also after a successful download? Are you re-using the same connection?

I just downloaded the Java source code and am looking through it now. I might try doing the same thing with the hard coded delay if I can find the right location.

Last edited by CerwinVega : 10-20-2010 at 06:10 PM.
Old 10-20-2010, 07:55 PM   #2751
KevinG

Maybe this isn't the right place for this question, since I think this is a tivodecode problem, and not a kmttg problem...but here goes.

I've started grabbing all "spongebob" episodes to my home server via kmttg. It is set to only "decode" (and a custom command that moves the results to the right place, but does nothing to the files otherwise).

I've noticed that most, if not all, of the files end up with no audio (when played via a wd hd live). When I examine them in MediaInfo, some look okay, some don't (as far as audio goes).

Some searching around led me to MPEG Streamclip, and File->Convert To MPEG... absolutely solves the problem 100% of the time.

So, here's the question...does anyone know what that is doing? And, better yet...what *other* tools will do the same thing via the command-line, so I can add that step to kmttg?

Thanks.
-Kevin
Old 10-20-2010, 08:03 PM   #2752
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Whenever I try to use v0p7p, it crashes my Tivo's network and I have to reboot the Tivo. It happened several times and most of the time, its just from opening v0p7p. So, now I am back to v0p7j.

Note: If you get Exit Code: 7 in v0p7p, I believe it lost connection to the Tivo.
OTA! OTA! OTA!

~~~~~

Old 10-20-2010, 10:05 PM   #2753
sanjonny

Hi there, I am having a problem mostly with an encode setting for converting a hi res tivo file to exactly what I want and hopefully you can help. I have tried several of the built in encoder settings and my own versions of them, but cannot get the exact right thing to happen. So I already have the file decoded (5 minute file for testing)
I want to just pass thru the video in the mpg wrapper and convert the audio from AC3 to standard audio in mpg format. The player I am using will not easily read the mp4 formats and it reads SD files fine, except if the audio is AC3. So I guess I would need the same setting to pass thru basically all video, but demux/remux or whatever any audio input to whatever the basic .mpg standard is (2 channel?) Is this possible or do I have to change the settings if it is high res vs. non high res, etc. Or AC3 vs 3 channel.
The current encode settings basically transfer the Ac3 audio across to the wrapper (and make it an mp4 instead of mpg) in most cases for the encoding such as the tivo_hd profile. I basically just want to take the decrypted file and downgrade the audio properly for testing.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Last edited by sanjonny : 10-20-2010 at 10:15 PM.
sanjonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 10:07 PM   #2754
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThAbtO View Post
Whenever I try to use v0p7p, it crashes my Tivo's network and I have to reboot the Tivo. It happened several times and most of the time, its just from opening v0p7p. So, now I am back to v0p7j.

Note: If you get Exit Code: 7 in v0p7p, I believe it lost connection to the Tivo.
There's a bug in v0p7p, so should not be used. It's adding extra ":" character at end of IP address which causes failed downloads when using curl downloads. I'm working on a fix to release hopefully by tomorrow.

Old 10-21-2010, 02:50 AM   #2755
moyekj

v0p7q bug fix release

Just released v0p7q release to fix a couple of bugs introduced in last release, especially the bug with extra ":" character at end of IP address.

Also added new configuration option under *Program Options* tab called *delay in seconds between multiple downloads* to help relieve stress on TiVo server when there are multiple downloads queued up from same TiVo.

See release notes for details.

Old 10-21-2010, 11:20 AM   #2756
CerwinVega

Quote:
Just released v0p7q release to fix a couple of bugs introduced in last release, especially the bug with extra ":" character at end of IP address.

Also added new configuration option under *Program Options* tab called *delay in seconds between multiple downloads* to help relieve stress on TiVo server when there are multiple downloads queued up from same TiVo.

See release notes for details.
I can't thank you enough for incorporating this "delay between" feature. I am kicking myself for not reaching out to you months ago. I'm really surprised that I'm the first person to bring this up. I just downloaded and decrypted 6 shows consecutively without issue. I'm beyond excited!

Now I can start playing with some of the handbrake encode features and commercial trimming, etc
Old 10-21-2010, 11:27 AM   #2757
stalemate
McGruber

How many seconds of delay did you use to get it to work?

stalemate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 11:34 AM   #2758
CerwinVega

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalemate View Post
How many seconds of delay did you use to get it to work?
I left the setting at the default 10 seconds. I'm sure pretty much anything would work. I think my Tivo was being overloaded by receiving additional requests before the previous item in the queue fully finished (or disconnected cleanly).
Old 10-21-2010, 01:48 PM   #2759
txporter
One sec, almost done

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjonny View Post
Hi there, I am having a problem mostly with an encode setting for converting a hi res tivo file to exactly what I want and hopefully you can help. I have tried several of the built in encoder settings and my own versions of them, but cannot get the exact right thing to happen. So I already have the file decoded (5 minute file for testing)
I want to just pass thru the video in the mpg wrapper and convert the audio from AC3 to standard audio in mpg format. The player I am using will not easily read the mp4 formats and it reads SD files fine, except if the audio is AC3. So I guess I would need the same setting to pass thru basically all video, but demux/remux or whatever any audio input to whatever the basic .mpg standard is (2 channel?) Is this possible or do I have to change the settings if it is high res vs. non high res, etc. Or AC3 vs 3 channel.
The current encode settings basically transfer the Ac3 audio across to the wrapper (and make it an mp4 instead of mpg) in most cases for the encoding such as the tivo_hd profile. I basically just want to take the decrypted file and downgrade the audio properly for testing.

Your help is greatly appreciated.
Not sure what sort of audio that you want exactly. Here is a ffmpeg profile that copies the video and converts the AC3 audio to 2ch MP2 @ 192k. It keeps the file as .mpg. Just download, remove the .txt extension and drop into your kmttg/encode directory.

You can also use AAC audio if you want. Just change the '-acodec mp2' in the string to '-acodec aac' and adjust bitrate (-ab) to whatever you want.

This should work with any mpg file, regardless of resolution. It is simply copying the video over.
Attached Files
File Type: txt ff_mpeg2_mp2.enc.txt (407 Bytes, 0 views)
Series2 540 400GB Seagate DB35 (lifetime)
txporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 10:20 PM   #2760
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Got this when I doubled clicked on the current job on v0p7q, under Java download.

Code:
java.lang.NullPointerException
	at com.tivo.kmttg.gui.taskInfo.<init>(taskInfo.java:123)
	at com.tivo.kmttg.gui.jobTable.MouseClicked(jobTable.java:66)
	at com.tivo.kmttg.gui.jobTable.access$000(jobTable.java:24)
	at com.tivo.kmttg.gui.jobTable$1.mouseClicked(jobTable.java:53)
	at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseClicked(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseClicked(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
	at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

OTA! OTA! OTA!

~~~~~