TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs
TiVo Community
Reply
Forum Jump
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2010, 07:31 AM   #901
SCSIRAID
Registered User
 
SCSIRAID's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Vero Beach, FL
Posts: 2,298
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrustratedInGP View Post
Update ... I canceled my Sunday apt & re-scheduled it for tonight ... tech came in, explained to me it's never going to work, removed both cablecards, connected his JDSU meter, says signal comming into the prem is fine, which actually just makes me realize he never tested with the TA in-line, anyway, made a call to whom ever the techs call, they advised is should be working, I should note at this point that when the tech & I were first chatting, I told him, that I was told by TWC NCCC to have the tech call them first, since the tech couldn't seem to get the answer he need from the first call, he then called the NCCC, they told him there was some sort of provisioning error & that they couldn't fix it ... thanks for calling, tech then had to call back into his normal resource center they call, he called back in, explained what he was told by the NCCC about the provisioning error, which they couldn't see. Tech at this point was somewhat frustrated & figured he need to speak to his manager, stepped outside ... I then decided to call the NCCC myself, explained there was a twc tech on-site, they told me they couldn't talk to me (???) & that the tech had to call them ... I asked for some slack since this was a on-going issue for 2& half months now ... they said "sorry" ... have the tech call back ... I was polite & said ok ... then me being braininess ... decided todo a full re-tune ... tech stepped back in ... tivo is re-tuning ... explained to the tech about the re-tune ... tech then asked i was going to be back in tomorrow night ... I said sure ... so the tech + manager are supposed to be in tomorrow night ... meanwhile ... the tivo is re-tuning ... this is with one of the cablecards, the same TA, someone asked about if I have splitters etc ... the only splitter which I can think of would be somewhere in the attic of the apt I'm in ... I'm renting & TWC are the bulk supplier to this apt complex & the cable is part of my rent ... the feed for the TA is coming out of the wall into the TA via a new "monster" coax cable, out of the TA via another new "monster" coax cable & into the tivo ... no splitters ... the only other cable outlet in the apt is in our bedroom which I've run another "monster" coax cable (25ft) back into our 2nd bedroom & into a NetGear Cable modem which is our broadband connection to the world ... of the NetGear modem/router I've connected via Cat5 a Cisco Firewall/Router which my PC, my wife's iMac & my PowerBook all plug up for internet access ... which in "theory" has nothing to do with anything ... so the tivo has re-tuned & surprise, surprise ... I got's nothen ... no lower channels ... no mid channels ... what the !!! ... ah the joy of technology ... just to let ya'll know ... for two weeks now, been watching tv sans cablecards & TA ... so I know the tivo can tune the normal 2 to 100 channel range ...
I would suggest the following.... I assume you still have the cablecard installed...

1) Hook the TiVo straight to the wall behind the unit for RF... no splitters no passthru no TA USB.
2) power cycle the TiVo and let it boot up completely past the 'acquiring channels' screen.
3) Go to live tv and attempt to tune two of your local HD channels and note and report what messages you get when you do this.
4) if you hit live tv it should cycle back and forth between those two channels and you should see their info in the title banner
5) Go into DVR Diags and take a picture of all the screens and post them here
6) Go into the cablecard CA screens and check its state. Here is a link to TiVo's doc on those screens. check 'em all

http://support.tivo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/137

Last edited by SCSIRAID : 10-01-2010 at 07:41 AM.
SCSIRAID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 10:03 AM   #902
Stone1555
./1337
 
Stone1555's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrustratedInGP View Post
Update ... I canceled my Sunday apt & re-scheduled it for tonight ... tech came in, explained to me it's never going to work, removed both cablecards, connected his JDSU meter, says signal comming into the prem is fine, which actually just makes me realize he never tested with the TA in-line, anyway, made a call to whom ever the techs call, they advised is should be working, I should note at this point that when the tech & I were first chatting, I told him, that I was told by TWC NCCC to have the tech call them first, since the tech couldn't seem to get the answer he need from the first call, he then called the NCCC, they told him there was some sort of provisioning error & that they couldn't fix it ... thanks for calling, tech then had to call back into his normal resource center they call, he called back in, explained what he was told by the NCCC about the provisioning error, which they couldn't see. Tech at this point was somewhat frustrated & figured he need to speak to his manager, stepped outside ... I then decided to call the NCCC myself, explained there was a twc tech on-site, they told me they couldn't talk to me (???) & that the tech had to call them ... I asked for some slack since this was a on-going issue for 2& half months now ... they said "sorry" ... have the tech call back ... I was polite & said ok ... then me being braininess ... decided todo a full re-tune ... tech stepped back in ... tivo is re-tuning ... explained to the tech about the re-tune ... tech then asked i was going to be back in tomorrow night ... I said sure ... so the tech + manager are supposed to be in tomorrow night ... meanwhile ... the tivo is re-tuning ... this is with one of the cablecards, the same TA, someone asked about if I have splitters etc ... the only splitter which I can think of would be somewhere in the attic of the apt I'm in ... I'm renting & TWC are the bulk supplier to this apt complex & the cable is part of my rent ... the feed for the TA is coming out of the wall into the TA via a new "monster" coax cable, out of the TA via another new "monster" coax cable & into the tivo ... no splitters ... the only other cable outlet in the apt is in our bedroom which I've run another "monster" coax cable (25ft) back into our 2nd bedroom & into a NetGear Cable modem which is our broadband connection to the world ... of the NetGear modem/router I've connected via Cat5 a Cisco Firewall/Router which my PC, my wife's iMac & my PowerBook all plug up for internet access ... which in "theory" has nothing to do with anything ... so the tivo has re-tuned & surprise, surprise ... I got's nothen ... no lower channels ... no mid channels ... what the !!! ... ah the joy of technology ... just to let ya'll know ... for two weeks now, been watching tv sans cablecards & TA ... so I know the tivo can tune the normal 2 to 100 channel range ...
Any update on this?
Stone1555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 07:35 AM   #903
dcstager
1st Gen Tivo Owner
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Skagit County, WA
Posts: 558
I'm getting more and more missed recordings after months of flawless operation. Maybe it's the new fall season and more people are watching TV whereas in July and August, not much was on and so this is affecting the switched digital video servers at the Time Warner end. Tivo really needs to implement a workaround that re-tunes SDV channels to make sure so many scheduled recordings are not missed. The whole idea of the Tivo is to reliably record your shows and on SDV systems like Time Warner it no longer does.
dcstager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 08:58 AM   #904
cwoody222
Registered User
 
cwoody222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 11,007
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcstager View Post
I'm getting more and more missed recordings after months of flawless operation. Maybe it's the new fall season and more people are watching TV whereas in July and August, not much was on and so this is affecting the switched digital video servers at the Time Warner end. Tivo really needs to implement a workaround that re-tunes SDV channels to make sure so many scheduled recordings are not missed. The whole idea of the Tivo is to reliably record your shows and on SDV systems like Time Warner it no longer does.
TiVo DOES re-tune at the start of every recording even if it's on the same channel already.

So if you're missing recordings, that's not the reason.
__________________
--Chris
cwoody222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 09:34 AM   #905
SCSIRAID
Registered User
 
SCSIRAID's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Vero Beach, FL
Posts: 2,298
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwoody222 View Post
TiVo DOES re-tune at the start of every recording even if it's on the same channel already.

So if you're missing recordings, that's not the reason.
He is talking about doing a retune in the case of a tune failure. The failure mode being seen is that a tune fails to complete and you get a black screen. You can go into DVR diags when this happens and see Program Lock = No. At this point your recording is toast. TiVo does no recovery in this case and you miss your recording. Ive seen it quite a few times. All TiVo would have to do to deal with this is detect the situation where the tune does not result in program lock = yes within a reasonable time and then execute a retune.
SCSIRAID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 09:36 AM   #906
SCSIRAID
Registered User
 
SCSIRAID's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Vero Beach, FL
Posts: 2,298
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcstager View Post
I'm getting more and more missed recordings after months of flawless operation. Maybe it's the new fall season and more people are watching TV whereas in July and August, not much was on and so this is affecting the switched digital video servers at the Time Warner end. Tivo really needs to implement a workaround that re-tunes SDV channels to make sure so many scheduled recordings are not missed. The whole idea of the Tivo is to reliably record your shows and on SDV systems like Time Warner it no longer does.
The new fall shows are on broadcast TV which should actually lighten the load on SDV.... I had a 'miss' just the other day.
SCSIRAID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 09:45 AM   #907
dlfl
Cranky old novice
 
dlfl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Near Dayton, Ohio
Posts: 6,096
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcstager View Post
I'm getting more and more missed recordings after months of flawless operation. Maybe it's the new fall season and more people are watching TV whereas in July and August, not much was on and so this is affecting the switched digital video servers at the Time Warner end. Tivo really needs to implement a workaround that re-tunes SDV channels to make sure so many scheduled recordings are not missed. The whole idea of the Tivo is to reliably record your shows and on SDV systems like Time Warner it no longer does.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwoody222 View Post
TiVo DOES re-tune at the start of every recording even if it's on the same channel already.

So if you're missing recordings, that's not the reason.
Yes TiVo does re-tune a channel at the start (and at the end) of a recording. Unfortunately, if the channel is SDV, it can fail that re-tune, just like it can fail an initial tuning to any SDV channel. Thus you can be sitting there with channel ### already tuned and when TiVo starts a recording on that same channel, it can fail the re-tune and you get no recording.

What dcstager is talking about is tuning re-tries, i.e., TiVo would detect it has failed to tune (or re-tune) a channel, and retry tuning. DVR Diagnostics for a channel that has failed to tune show "Program Lock: No", so obviously the TiVo has the information right at hand to know it hasn't made a successful tune of the channel.

TiVo recently has taken the public position that SDV tuning failures are purely the problem of the Cable Cos and their TA devices (see **this post**). This has come around to bite them in the rear in their controversy with the cable operators in regard to FCC Proceedings #79-80 (**here**). Just look at the recent NCTA and TiVo filings. TiVo has blamed the cable operators (correctly I think) for numerous problems with TA's but the operators are throwing TiVo's own recent statements that there are no know issues with TA's back in their face. Note that TiVo's TA Troubleshooting web page (**here**) has recently changed its wording so the "no known issues" statement is no longer there. A year ago, this same web page gave the work-around for SDV tuning failures, i.e., channel-up/channel-down for a manual retune (which doesn't help for scheduled recordings, of course). The wording on that page has changed (at least) twice since then.

EDIT: SCSIRAID's post #905 came in while I was composing this post, so we cross-posted. No disagreement, however, I think.
__________________

"It must be swell to be so perfect and odor-free" -- Del Griffith


VideoReDo users: Try
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

pyTivo users: Try
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
dlfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 10:34 AM   #908
SCSIRAID
Registered User
 
SCSIRAID's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Vero Beach, FL
Posts: 2,298
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlfl View Post

EDIT: SCSIRAID's post #905 came in while I was composing this post, so we cross-posted. No disagreement, however, I think.
Absolutely agree... Not enough info to say whose problem this really is... but... its interesting that Im not seeing this complaint from Moto systems.

However, reguardless of whose problem it is... TiVo could easily work around it and improve TIVO CUSTOMER satisfaction... Just pointing to the cableco doesnt cut it with me. I can only hope that they are acting as an advocate for their own customers to get this issue fixed.... either by working with Cisco to fix it or by including their own workaround.
SCSIRAID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 02:03 PM   #909
dcstager
1st Gen Tivo Owner
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Skagit County, WA
Posts: 558
SCSIRAID and dlfl have summarized the problem I'm complaining about correctly. Tivo could and should implement a fix because the problem undercuts the primary appeal of Tivo, i.e., set it and forget it. I'm getting ready to cut the cable cord and just go with over the air and Internet purchases to see the shows. Now that Austin has Clear (WiMAX internet) I can dump cable completely. The TW people in Austin are already doing everything possible. As you say, Tivo could fix this even if they don't have to. This is the last bug to be swatted and then they can move on to newer and better machines and leave the existing customer base with a reliable product. I can get the next generation Tivo if I want the new bells and whistles.
dcstager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 02:51 PM   #910
SCSIRAID
Registered User
 
SCSIRAID's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Vero Beach, FL
Posts: 2,298
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcstager View Post
This is the last bug to be swatted and then they can move on to newer and better machines and leave the existing customer base with a reliable product. .
Well.... there is one more bug in need of swatting.... Thats the 'no suggestions with a TA attached' bug. My S3 and THD are both suffering from it. My Premiere is recording suggestions just fine. The Premiere also suffers from the tune fail issue by the way.
SCSIRAID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 05:25 PM   #911
cwoody222
Registered User
 
cwoody222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 11,007
Maybe I'm just lucky (and I hope I don't jinx myself) but since getting my first CableCards and TA in June the only problems I've had are:

- when the problem is at TW's end with something provisioned wrong with my cards or something they've messed up with the SDV "map" for TiVo's. Both times were fixed in a day (due to me not putting up with crap! ) and I missed a total of 2 shows.

- 1 channel (FX) would routinely "freeze" when coming and or out of commercials and never recover. That problem seems to have fixed itself as it hasn't happened in months now.

Like I said, maybe I'm lucky or maybe it's just because I pressed and pressed to MAKE them fix things and get it working right but my SDV & TA setup is fairly reliable. More reliable than my OTA antenna was (it was only a small indoor one... but I was OTA for 3+ years so it wasn't that bad).

Other than when TW did not have my account provisioned properly has my TiVo ever missed a channel change due to the TA.

I don't want to sound like a shill for TiVo or TW and I I fully believe things are FAR from perfect with installs and tech support but the hardware & software CAN work.

PS I have a Series3 bought the first month they came out. So, "old" hardware.

PPS I don't use Suggestions. Never had. So I don't know about that.
__________________
--Chris
cwoody222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 06:49 PM   #912
dcstager
1st Gen Tivo Owner
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Skagit County, WA
Posts: 558
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSIRAID View Post
Well.... there is one more bug in need of swatting.... Thats the 'no suggestions with a TA attached' bug. My S3 and THD are both suffering from it. My Premiere is recording suggestions just fine. The Premiere also suffers from the tune fail issue by the way.
The suggestions recording bug truly is out of Tivo's hands. The cable operator sets the flag that blocks speculative recordings. That's part of the SDV software. How could Tivo "fix" this if they wanted to? You accurately described how to fix the tune fail issue and you successfully fixed the picture break up bug with your expert troubleshooting.

If TivoJerry is out there -- lobby the Tivo masters to address the serious and crippling tune fail issue -- even if it's not Tivo's fault. More and more operators are going to SDV and Tivo must act in spite of it being someone else's problem. The fix is harmless even if the cable operators later figure it all out.
dcstager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 06:54 PM   #913
SCSIRAID
Registered User
 
SCSIRAID's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Vero Beach, FL
Posts: 2,298
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcstager View Post
The suggestions recording bug truly is out of Tivo's hands. The cable operator sets the flag that blocks speculative recordings. That's part of the SDV software. How could Tivo "fix" this if they wanted to? You accurately described how to fix the tune fail issue and you successfully fixed the picture break up bug with your expert troubleshooting.
Not true in this case. TWC Carolinas does not block speculative recordings as that would impact their DVR also. I went all thru that with TWC Engineering while working with them on the pixelation issue. To back that up further, note my statement that My S3 and THD with TA are recording zero suggestions... and my Premiere with TA is recording hundreds of suggestions.... If suggestions were being blocked by TWC SDV policy... then Premiere wouldnt record any either.

Adding more evidence, check the 'Find Programs' / 'TiVo suggestions' page and you will find zero suggestions being queued up for recording. If the issue were blocked tunes, you should expect to still see suggestions queued up but ultimately failing to record.

I find the evidence overwhelming that this is a TiVo SW problem.

Also... note Jerry's post on the subject...

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...80#post8156580

Last edited by SCSIRAID : 10-05-2010 at 07:21 PM.
SCSIRAID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 11:07 PM   #914
dlfl
Cranky old novice
 
dlfl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Near Dayton, Ohio
Posts: 6,096
kudos to grumock!

My TA did not get it's authorization renewed (the "Sub Expires" date in the third screen of the "Power Key" section of TA Diagnostics) so, it started the 8-blink dance (and I lost all SDV channels) at the exact time predicted by Sub Expires (10:40 pm Eastern) tonight.

I called TWC SW Ohio support and explained what was happening to the (somewhat dumbfounded) rep, who said she was going to have to transfer me to "Customer Service" since "they handle TiVo stuff" (yet another new wrinkle in their support facade -- never heard that one before).

But, I asked her if she had a "Screen 07" on her computer. At first she didn't know what I meant but then she found it. I asked her to hit the Enter key and she did -- voila! My Sub Expires date jumped 30 days ahead, the TA light went steady -- all fixed as quick as that! BTW, the name she knows that screen by is the "Customer Balancing" screen.

Forum member grumock is who I remember telling us about "Screen 07" and I had tried this once before but the rep in that case didn't get it. But it worked this time, so thanks, grumock!

I had gone 3 months with the Sub Expires date getting updated once a week but starting about 3 weeks ago the automatic hits they were sending stopped. I asked the rep to send a message to the techies that I wasn't getting the hits anymore. Actually if it could be this easy every time, I don't mind all that much doing it once a month.
__________________

"It must be swell to be so perfect and odor-free" -- Del Griffith


VideoReDo users: Try
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

pyTivo users: Try
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
dlfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 10:14 AM   #915
Grumock
Registered User
 
Grumock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Nowhere close to reality
Posts: 412
Thanks Del! I guess this means I'm not always making it up as I go along LOL.
__________________
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
Grumock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 10:39 AM   #916
pL86
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: New York City
Posts: 72
SDV macroblocking and audio dropouts in NYC

The SDV channels in NYC have been macroblocking and dropping audio since Friday night (October 8). It only occurs during the primetime evening hours, starting around 7 pm. The SDV channels are otherwise fine during the day or overnight. I did some searching and found some similar posts in the TWC Carolinas thread from over a year ago. Apparently, the conclusion was that it was related to some MPEG issues? Was that ever fixed? Can we in NYC expect to deal with this for several months before someone figures it out?
pL86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 10:42 AM   #917
Grumock
Registered User
 
Grumock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Nowhere close to reality
Posts: 412
Quote:
Originally Posted by pL86 View Post
The SDV channels in NYC have been macroblocking and dropping audio since Friday night (October 8). It only occurs during the primetime evening hours, starting around 7 pm. The SDV channels are otherwise fine during the day or overnight. I did some searching and found some similar posts in the TWC Carolinas thread from over a year ago. Apparently, the conclusion was that it was related to some MPEG issues? Was that ever fixed? Can we in NYC expect to deal with this for several months before someone figures it out?
QUICK QUESTION: What type of tuning adapter are you using there? Cisco STA1520 or Motorola MTR700?
__________________
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
Grumock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 10:52 AM   #918
SCSIRAID
Registered User
 
SCSIRAID's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Vero Beach, FL
Posts: 2,298
Quote:
Originally Posted by pL86 View Post
The SDV channels in NYC have been macroblocking and dropping audio since Friday night (October 8). It only occurs during the primetime evening hours, starting around 7 pm. The SDV channels are otherwise fine during the day or overnight. I did some searching and found some similar posts in the TWC Carolinas thread from over a year ago. Apparently, the conclusion was that it was related to some MPEG issues? Was that ever fixed? Can we in NYC expect to deal with this for several months before someone figures it out?
Yes... It was a TiVo SW problem and is fixed in 11.0h.
SCSIRAID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 10:55 AM   #919
pL86
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: New York City
Posts: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumock View Post
QUICK QUESTION: What type of tuning adapter are you using there? Cisco STA1520 or Motorola MTR700?
Cisco 1520.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSIRAID View Post
Yes... It was a TiVo SW problem and is fixed in 11.0h.
Strange because I have the latest software but the problem just started for me (and others based on some responses in the TWC NYC thread on avsforums).

Update: A TWC NYC viewer with a company DVR and STB says on avsforums that he's also having the same problem. So it appears that this incidence of pixellation isn't being caused by Tivo or the tuning adapter.

Last edited by pL86 : 10-10-2010 at 01:00 PM.
pL86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 10:57 AM   #920
SCSIRAID
Registered User
 
SCSIRAID's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Vero Beach, FL
Posts: 2,298
Quote:
Originally Posted by pL86 View Post
Cisco 1520.



Strange because I have the latest software but the problem just started for me (and others based on some responses in the TWC NYC thread on avsforums).
What do you see in DVR Diags when you see the macroblocking? Is RS Uncorrected incrementing? What signal strength and SNR is indicated in both TiVo DVR Diags and the TA Diags?
SCSIRAID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 11:02 AM   #921
pL86
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: New York City
Posts: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSIRAID View Post
What do you see in DVR Diags when you see the macroblocking? Is RS Uncorrected incrementing? What signal strength and SNR is indicated in both TiVo DVR Diags and the TA Diags?
I'll check tonight when I assume it will happen again. I did glance at the menu briefly yesterday night and I think the RS Uncorrected value wasn't going up at all. Nor did my signal strength or SNR seem out of whack at all.
pL86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 11:04 AM   #922
Grumock
Registered User
 
Grumock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Nowhere close to reality
Posts: 412
Quote:
Originally Posted by pL86 View Post
I'll check tonight when I assume it will happen again. I did glance at the menu briefly yesterday night and I think the RS Uncorrected value wasn't going up at all. Nor did my signal strength or SNR seem out of whack at all.
only at night & only SDV channels?
__________________
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
Grumock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 11:10 AM   #923
pL86
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: New York City
Posts: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumock View Post
only at night & only SDV channels?
Yes. The linear channels are never affected but ALL the SDV channels macroblock simultaneously. It starts around 7 pm, continues until 11 or midnight and then it clears up until primetime the next day. I've been tuned to an SDV channel for the last hour and it's been perfect. All the other SDV channels are fine right now but they start pixellating like clockwork around 7 pm. That's been the pattern the last two days.
pL86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 03:22 PM   #924
cwoody222
Registered User
 
cwoody222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 11,007
Anyone in the Northeast (with MSG Network) having problems with HD hockey coverage?

If so, can you PM me?

NEVERMIND: Problem solved.
__________________
--Chris

Last edited by cwoody222 : 10-13-2010 at 07:39 PM.
cwoody222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 07:48 PM   #925
SCSIRAID
Registered User
 
SCSIRAID's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Vero Beach, FL
Posts: 2,298
I heard thru the grapevine that TWC Raleigh TA's will be getting an update on Thursday.....
SCSIRAID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 08:21 PM   #926
Grumock
Registered User
 
Grumock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Nowhere close to reality
Posts: 412
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSIRAID View Post
I heard thru the grapevine that TWC Raleigh TA's will be getting an update on Thursday.....
is that going to be the 1202 FW?
__________________
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
Grumock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 08:32 PM   #927
SCSIRAID
Registered User
 
SCSIRAID's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Vero Beach, FL
Posts: 2,298
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumock View Post
is that going to be the 1202 FW?
The grape didnt go into that level of detail... ;>) but I would imagine that it will be 1202. We will find out...
SCSIRAID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 08:42 PM   #928
dlfl
Cranky old novice
 
dlfl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Near Dayton, Ohio
Posts: 6,096
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSIRAID View Post
The grape didnt go into that level of detail... ;>) but I would imagine that it will be 1202. We will find out...
Is 1202 going to eliiminate the need for periodic re-authorization signals (i.e., updating the Sub Expires date, thus preventing the 8-blink outage)? I've heard grape both ways on this one.

Next question is when TWC SW Ohio gets around to this update -- never mind that's imponderable.
__________________

"It must be swell to be so perfect and odor-free" -- Del Griffith


VideoReDo users: Try
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

pyTivo users: Try
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
dlfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 08:43 PM   #929
Grumock
Registered User
 
Grumock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Nowhere close to reality
Posts: 412
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlfl View Post
Is 1202 going to eliiminate the need for periodic re-authorization signals (i.e., updating the Sub Expires date, thus preventing the 8-blink outage)? I've heard grape both ways on this one.

Next question is when TWC SW Ohio gets around to this update -- never mind that's imponderable.
Your Luck? I am thinking next year. Sry u do have the 1001 though right?
__________________
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
Grumock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 07:07 AM   #930
SCSIRAID
Registered User
 
SCSIRAID's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Vero Beach, FL
Posts: 2,298
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumock View Post
is that going to be the 1202 FW?
Grape was right... The downstairs TA shows that it rebooted at 1:26 am and now has .1202 code. Ill have to check the upstairs two later. Whether this will make a difference remains to be seen. Ive had two lost recordings due to the tune failure issue in the last two days.
SCSIRAID is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Forum Jump




Thread Tools


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Advertisements

TiVo Community
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media

(C) 2013 Magenium Solutions - All Rights Reserved. No information may be posted elsewhere without written permission.
TiVoŽ is a registered trademark of TiVo Inc. This site is not owned or operated by TiVo Inc.
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:32 AM.
OUR NETWORK: MyOpenRouter | TechLore | SansaCommunity | RoboCommunity | MediaSmart Home | Explore3DTV | Dijit Community | DVR Playground |