TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Forum Extras > TiVo Search Feedback - Beta Release (Archive)
TiVo Community
View Poll Results: If Tivo could work on 1 feature, How important is cooperative scheduling?
Most important (if I could have one feature this year, this would be the one) 34 51.52%
Somewhat important (there are some other features that I would prefer, what are they?) 17 25.76%
Not important at all (this one is not even on the radar) 15 22.73%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump

Old 04-13-2009, 07:21 PM   #31
magnus
Tivo User

Or my latest suggestion is:

Create the SP on your main Tivo, then when conflicts arise... look for the Tivo on your network that has an open tuner. That Tivo records the show and after recording is complete... it auto-MVRs to the Tivo with the SP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeoTiVo View Post
exactly - once a show is setup I rarely miss a recording due to conflict and can not even recall the last time that happened. The Trouble I have is that I see something I want to record but it conflicts and then I have to shuffle off to see if I have an opening on another TiVo.

Useful would be to have the beta search be able to allow me to set it up on another TiVo on my account with instant feedback.
Awesome would be to say i want a season pass and the search screen shows me the DVRs that have an open slot.

Old 04-15-2009, 10:57 AM   #32
MichaelK

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnus View Post

Create the SP on your main Tivo, then when conflicts arise... look for the Tivo on your network that has an open tuner. That Tivo records the show and after recording is complete... it auto-MVRs to the Tivo with the SP.

nice!
Old 04-15-2009, 05:45 PM   #33
ZeoTiVo
I can't explain

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnus View Post

that requires work on main code running on TiVo and is basically what coop scheduling is. That works for me just fine but is a bigger project for TiVo - and I rarely have conflicts AFTER I schedule up shows.

My way is just code in the HME app itself versus in the DVR codebase and I assume less work for TiVo resources and certainly less risk as they can maintain/patch the HME app pretty easily versus pumping out updates to every DVR.

It has bonus points in getting people to use beta search which seems to be a goal of TiVo.
Old 09-26-2010, 12:23 PM   #34
magnus
Tivo User

Now that Tivo has added this search capability to the Premiere's... it just makes even more sense to do this.

Tivo A should be able to schedule a season pass to Tivo B, if Tivo A's tuners are both being used already. I'm not sure why Tivo only put 2 tuners into the Premiere but because they did then they need to get onto this idea soon in order to compete.

Once the show is on Tivo B then when I use search (from Tivo A) it should show me the availabilty of that recorded show and either stream it to Tivo A or allow me to MRV to Tivo A. Another option would be to auto MRV it to Tivo A after it has been recorded.

I'm not sure how difficult this can be to do but didn't Replay TV already have a similar feature years ago??