TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-29-2010, 12:36 AM   #2581
bwall23

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
No. But attempting to change channels for a tuner that is busy recording will simply fail which is the desired behavior (if background tuner is not also recording then the channel change will happen on that tuner). There actually is a network command for "force tuning" which will force a tune to that channel, canceling recording in progress if necessary, but obviously that is not desirable for most cases.
I agree that should be the default behavior.

I can always check the NPL using kmttg to see if something's recording, but what if there's a recording scheduled in another second, minute, hour, etc?

I have to go from one room to another in order to archive my recordings using kmttg. The TV & TiVo are in one room and the PC in another.

If I'm recording something in HD to replace an SD recording that I've already watched and have saved in SD, I just do a quick check to make sure it's the right content (Program Info is not always 100%) and fast forward all the way through to make sure it's all there before going to the room where the PC is to start the archive transfer with kmttg.

If I'm recording something I haven't seen before, I'll watch the full content and then go to the room the PC is in to start the archive with kmttg.

Would be nice to do all this from one place, either the TiVo or the PC.

How hard would it be to get kmttg to display the TODO list?

P.S. Are any TiVo owners using FlexRAID or FlexRAID-View? Looks like a good solution for an archived video library once they pull the docs together in one place.
bwall23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 01:39 AM   #2582
moyekj

TODO list is not available via HME/HMO AFAIK. However as your probably know you can see TODO lists for your TiVos from a PC via tivo.com (with your login & password):
https://www3.tivo.com/tivo-tco/go.do?def=tco.todo.page
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 06:57 AM   #2583
PaulS

How are the various Now Playing web interfaces able to show that a program is currently being recorded ? That might be another method to determine if a tuner's busy at the moment.
PaulS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 09:39 AM   #2584
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
How are the various Now Playing web interfaces able to show that a program is currently being recorded ? That might be another method to determine if a tuner's busy at the moment.
That is easy if you just get Now Playing list via http interface, and one could grab just the first 2 shows which would be enough. kmttg indicates currently recording programs already and won't attempt to download a recording show. Point is it doesn't really matter as attempting to change channels on a recording tuner will simply be denied just like when you are sitting in front of TiVo and trying to do the same with the remote.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-29-2010, 11:59 AM   #2585
wireman121

Could everyone post their setup as well as their average kmttg download speeds (and if they are using PS or TS?) I am trying to determine what might be causing me to have low transfer speeds...

Thanks!
wireman121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 05:59 PM   #2586
wireman121

I'm also noticing the TWP delete function isnt working. It was working for a short period of time but it seems to has stopped, through the auto-transfers in GUI. Any suggestions?
Old 09-01-2010, 07:13 PM   #2587
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by wireman121 View Post
I'm also noticing the TWP delete function isnt working. It was working for a short period of time but it seems to has stopped, through the auto-transfers in GUI. Any suggestions?
Haven't touched that code since the release you confirmed was working, so some change must have happened in your environment...

Old 09-01-2010, 08:54 PM   #2588
wireman121

Hmm. What is required to make it work? I have Tivo Premiere and kmttg v0p7m
Old 09-01-2010, 09:39 PM   #2589
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by wireman121 View Post
Hmm. What is required to make it work? I have Tivo Premiere and kmttg v0p7m
So you have a hacked Premiere? TWP delete obviously only works on hacked units running TiVo Web Plus.

Old 09-01-2010, 09:41 PM   #2590
wireman121

I did not know that. It worked on my series 3, so i thought, and i could swear it worked on my premiere - guess I was mistaken. Thanks for clearing that up :-)
Old 09-04-2010, 06:13 PM   #2591
shiffrin

I've got some questions about running kmttg on a Windows Home Server. I'd like to use VideoRedo to do the QS fix and the decrypt step (in place of tivodecode).

I have the program path set to point to the folder where VideoRedo is installed. I have the checkbox for VRD QS Fix checked.

I don't see any indication in the log that VideoRedo is being called for the QS fix. Should I be seeing this?

The Wndows Home Server has no display of its own and no sound capability. I use Remote desktop to access the server and do any program configuration. If I bring up VideoRedo on the server using Remote Desktop and try to load any .tivo or.mpg file, I get an error that VideoRedo can't run since there is no sound capability. I'm wondering if Videoredo is failing when kmttg tries to call it.

Could you tell me the command line that you use to call VideoRedo for the QS fix? I'll try to run this manually on the server and see if there are any error messages. If I can get this working, I'll next try to get the VideoRedo decryption step working.
Old 09-04-2010, 11:45 PM   #2592
moyekj

You should at least see kmttg attempting to run QS Fix with following message:
>> Running qsfix on ...

kmttg actually creates and runs a custom VBS script for QS Fix and other VRD tasks. However you can run the following for testing (replace path to vp.vbs according to your installation and obviously modify inputFile & outputFile accordingly):
Code:
cscript //nologo "C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoReDoTVSuite4\vp.vbs" inputFile outputFile /t1 /d /q /na
However if you can't run the GUI on that server due to missing sound card probably the batch run will fail as well.
Note that for VideoRedo TiVo decryption to work you need at least a partial TiVo Desktop installation with TiVoDirectShowFilter.dll installed. Also, it takes one successful run via GUI for VRD to register COM objects in Windows, so it's quite likely the VRD COM job won't launch properly with your current setup.

Old 09-05-2010, 06:08 AM   #2593
reneg

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiffrin View Post
I've got some questions about running kmttg on a Windows Home Server. I'd like to use VideoRedo to do the QS fix and the decrypt step (in place of tivodecode).

I have the program path set to point to the folder where VideoRedo is installed. I have the checkbox for VRD QS Fix checked.

I don't see any indication in the log that VideoRedo is being called for the QS fix. Should I be seeing this?

The Wndows Home Server has no display of its own and no sound capability. I use Remote desktop to access the server and do any program configuration. If I bring up VideoRedo on the server using Remote Desktop and try to load any .tivo or.mpg file, I get an error that VideoRedo can't run since there is no sound capability. I'm wondering if Videoredo is failing when kmttg tries to call it.

Could you tell me the command line that you use to call VideoRedo for the QS fix? I'll try to run this manually on the server and see if there are any error messages. If I can get this working, I'll next try to get the VideoRedo decryption step working.
There is a configuration option in VideoRedo to Edit without Audio that may help. It is located under Tools -> Options -> Playback Devices - Audio Device
reneg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 07:14 AM   #2594
shiffrin

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneg View Post
There is a configuration option in VideoRedo to Edit without Audio that may help. It is located under Tools -> Options -> Playback Devices - Audio Device
Thanks, I never saw that option. That has solved one of my problems, now I'll try the cscript that moyekj suggested. I'll report my results later today.
Old 09-05-2010, 11:42 AM   #2595
shiffrin

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
You should at least see kmttg attempting to run QS Fix with following message:
>> Running qsfix on ...

kmttg actually creates and runs a custom VBS script for QS Fix and other VRD tasks. However you can run the following for testing (replace path to vp.vbs according to your installation and obviously modify inputFile & outputFile accordingly):
Code:
cscript //nologo "C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoReDoTVSuite4\vp.vbs" inputFile outputFile /t1 /d /q /na
However if you can't run the GUI on that server due to missing sound card probably the batch run will fail as well.
Note that for VideoRedo TiVo decryption to work you need at least a partial TiVo Desktop installation with TiVoDirectShowFilter.dll installed. Also, it takes one successful run via GUI for VRD to register COM objects in Windows, so it's quite likely the VRD COM job won't launch properly with your current setup.
I checked through my logs again and there is no log entry for 'qsfix'. I modified VideoredoPlus to turn off the sound device as suggested by reneg. This fixed the error I was getting, but on my next transfer, it still didn't show 'running qsfix' in the log.

I ran your code sample which did run without error,but the .mpg file it created was only 1K in size and wouldn't load in any video program.

I had already installed Tivo Desktop and then did a partial removal to leave the files so that media player could play .tivo files. This hasn't helped. VideoRedo can't play a .tivo file.

Windows Home Server is a version of Microsoft Server and is not working for me with VideoRedo.

I'm going to give up for now and leave out the Videoredo settings in kmttg. If anyone has gotten kmttg to work on Windows Home Server, I'd appreciate knowing what you did to make it work.

Thanks for all your suggestions. The program works great the way it is - I had hoped to make it better by using VideoRedo.
Old 09-05-2010, 02:38 PM   #2596
reneg

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiffrin View Post
I checked through my logs again and there is no log entry for 'qsfix'. I modified VideoredoPlus to turn off the sound device as suggested by reneg. This fixed the error I was getting, but on my next transfer, it still didn't show 'running qsfix' in the log.

I ran your code sample which did run without error,but the .mpg file it created was only 1K in size and wouldn't load in any video program.

I had already installed Tivo Desktop and then did a partial removal to leave the files so that media player could play .tivo files. This hasn't helped. VideoRedo can't play a .tivo file.

Windows Home Server is a version of Microsoft Server and is not working for me with VideoRedo.

I'm going to give up for now and leave out the Videoredo settings in kmttg. If anyone has gotten kmttg to work on Windows Home Server, I'd appreciate knowing what you did to make it work.

Thanks for all your suggestions. The program works great the way it is - I had hoped to make it better by using VideoRedo.
I don't run kmttg/videoredo on my WHS. I manually review commercial cuts so I run kmttg/videoredo on a PC. After final edits, I copy the files out to the WHS.

On my WHS, I am unable to play .mpg or .tivo files. I'd guess there is no mpeg-2 decoder installed on the WHS. Perhaps installing something like the K-lite Codec pack would help. The .tivo files don't play because I have not installed Tivo Desktop on the WHS.
reneg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 04:28 PM   #2597
shiffrin

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneg View Post
I don't run kmttg/videoredo on my WHS. I manually review commercial cuts so I run kmttg/videoredo on a PC. After final edits, I copy the files out to the WHS.

On my WHS, I am unable to play .mpg or .tivo files. I'd guess there is no mpeg-2 decoder installed on the WHS. Perhaps installing something like the K-lite Codec pack would help. The .tivo files don't play because I have not installed Tivo Desktop on the WHS.
I think I'm going to give up on my quest and just run it the way it is (no videoredo). The base software for WHS is pretty old and there is a new version coming (no idea when), which may work better. I like having kmttg on the WHS so I don't have to worry about how much space is used by all my files.
Old 09-07-2010, 12:36 PM   #2598
gweempose

Error decrypting TS files ...

Yesterday, I used KMTTG to download a file in the TS format for the first time. I was very impressed by the transfer speed, but I got an error when the program attempted to decrypt the .TiVo file. Is there some other program/plug-in that I need to successfully decrypt TS files? For the record, I am running KMTTG on a machine with Windows 7 64-bit.
gweempose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 12:55 PM   #2599
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweempose View Post
Yesterday, I used KMTTG to download a file in the TS format for the first time. I was very impressed by the transfer speed, but I got an error when the program attempted to decrypt the .TiVo file. Is there some other program/plug-in that I need to successfully decrypt TS files? For the record, I am running KMTTG on a machine with Windows 7 64-bit.
I assume you are using latest version of tivodecode with TS decrypt support - if not obviously that is the first thing to try. Several others have reported issues with TS decrypt and/or TS downloads from TiVo. Only other option to decrypt is using VideoRedo and you have to have at least a partial TiVo Desktop installation with TiVoDirectShowFilter.dll installed. But no guarantees VRD will work either. These TS container TiVo files are unstable at best right now. Even some users of latest TiVo Desktop version which apparently defaults to TS transfers from Premiere units have reported some issues, so if you want stability you are better off sticking with PS transfers which are a lot more stable.

Old 09-07-2010, 09:47 PM   #2600
RossoNeri
Tech Geek

AtomicParsley and iTunes release date

When I download the files from my THD's, the metadata file has the OAD set to the proper date, but the time is 00:00:00Z. When I import the file into iTunes for iPhone/iPad syncing, iTunes displays the date (Release Date specifically) as the previous day.

If I manually edit the metadata file before AP runs, and set the OAD to be the proper time of the recording, iTunes sets the date properly.

Presumably, AtomicParsley is setting the date to midnight UTC (as contained in the metadata file) and iTunes is adjusting for my local time zone.

Is this something that kmttg can account for and modify the date used in the AP command line? Simply adding the UTC time zone offset should be enough to have the correct date set in iTunes (the time is not used, as far as I can tell).

TiVo's: (2) TiVo HD

Thanks for any advise. I don't relish having to edit the metadata files before AP runs (or rerunning AP manually).

Cheers.
RossoNeri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 10:58 PM   #2601
bwall23

Quote:
Originally Posted by RossoNeri View Post
When I download the files from my THD's, the metadata file has the OAD set to the proper date, but the time is 00:00:00Z. When I import the file into iTunes for iPhone/iPad syncing, iTunes displays the date (Release Date specifically) as the previous day.

If I manually edit the metadata file before AP runs, and set the OAD to be the proper time of the recording, iTunes sets the date properly.

Presumably, AtomicParsley is setting the date to midnight UTC (as contained in the metadata file) and iTunes is adjusting for my local time zone.

Is this something that kmttg can account for and modify the date used in the AP command line? Simply adding the UTC time zone offset should be enough to have the correct date set in iTunes (the time is not used, as far as I can tell).

TiVo's: (2) TiVo HD

Thanks for any advise. I don't relish having to edit the metadata files before AP runs (or rerunning AP manually).

Cheers.
Yah, that's a funky part of it. A TiVo gets the OAD from the Tribune Guide Data (date only, no time) and stuffs the correct date in, but zeroes out the time since that's not important to the TiVo. It's in that format because that's what the TiVo uses internally. For all other Date/Time info the TiVo will adjust it internally to compensate for your time zone, but not for the OAD, it just looks at the date portion. If it actually adjusted it for your time zone, the date may end up being off if you're not in the GMT/UTC time zone. I guess the best thing to do would be to change the time portion of the OAD in the metadata to 12:00:00, since there are 25 time zones (GMT/UTC to GMT/UTC +/- 12 hrs). Since the TiVo ignores the time portion of the OAD, it won't cause a problem with the metadata for pyTiVo users.

Last edited by bwall23 : 09-08-2010 at 12:14 AM.
bwall23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 11:53 PM   #2602
krar4

New "Volume_Boost" encoding profile possible for Ipod?

Kevin,

I have been using kmttg very successfully for a couple of years now. Early on, I had an Archos player and you did me a great favor by making a personalized encoding profile that worked for that player that you called "Volume_Boost" that increased the volume on the encoded file by 30% to give me sufficient available volume for when I'm flying. I just updated to the new 4th Gen Ipod Touch tonight. I confirmed that the "ff_ipod_high_res" encoding profile works for the Ipod Touch, so I'm writing to ask if you would consider writing another personalized "Volume Boost" version of the Ipod profile that would also increase the volume by 30%. That was a perfect amount.

I appreciate any assistance, and thanks again for a wonderful program!

Rick
krar4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 12:15 AM   #2603
krar4

Volume boost for Ipod Touch video

Quote:
Originally Posted by krar4 View Post
Kevin,

I have been using kmttg very successfully for a couple of years now. Early on, I had an Archos player and you did me a great favor by making a personalized encoding profile that worked for that player that you called "Volume_Boost" that increased the volume on the encoded file by 30% to give me sufficient available volume for when I'm flying. I just updated to the new 4th Gen Ipod Touch tonight. I confirmed that the "ff_ipod_high_res" encoding profile works for the Ipod Touch, so I'm writing to ask if you would consider writing another personalized "Volume Boost" version of the Ipod profile that would also increase the volume by 30%. That was a perfect amount.
Kevin,

I think I figured out what I need to do on this. I found this instruction from 6/2009 when you created the last "Boost" profile for me. You said:

"NOTE: You can also increase or decrease volume by changing volume=15 up or down as desired in the volume_boost.enc file."

I copied the "volume=15" instruction from the "volume_boost.enc" profile into the ff_ipod_high_res.enc profile. Will that do what I'm looking for?

Thanks,
Rick
Old 09-09-2010, 12:36 AM   #2604
krar4

Nope - Tried it, but the conversion failed. What am I missing? Is there a specific spot in the encoding profile where the volume instruction needs to be?

Thanks,
Rick
Old 09-09-2010, 07:40 AM   #2605
moyekj

Quote:
Kevin,

I think I figured out what I need to do on this. I found this instruction from 6/2009 when you created the last "Boost" profile for me. You said:

"NOTE: You can also increase or decrease volume by changing volume=15 up or down as desired in the volume_boost.enc file."

I copied the "volume=15" instruction from the "volume_boost.enc" profile into the ff_ipod_high_res.enc profile. Will that do what I'm looking for?

Thanks,
Rick
That profile is for mencoder. ffmpeg is different. Below is the ff_ipod_high_res.enc profile with -vol 512 added which gives a 2x volume boost. A setting of 256 is nominal volume, higher means amplification, lower means attenuation. You may want to experiment with different values to find suitable one for you.
Create ff_ipod_high_res_boost.enc file in the "encode" folder with following contents:
Code:
# Description (single line, keep short)
<description>
mpeg4 container, res x=640 30fps h.264 video, 48KHz/128Kbps 2 chan amplified aac audio

# Encode command or script (single line)
# Known keywords: FFMPEG, HANDBRAKE, MENCODER, PERL, INPUT, OUTPUT, PWD, CPU_CORES, SRTFILE
<command>
FFMPEG -y -i INPUT -threads CPU_CORES -vcodec libx264 -level 30 -subq 6 -me_range 16 -qmin 15 -qmax 20 -g 300 -s 640xHEIGHT -r 29.97 -b 1500k -maxrate 2000k -acodec aac -ac 2 -ab 128k -ar 48000 -f mp4 -vol 512 OUTPUT

# Encoded output file extension
<extension>
mp4

Old 09-09-2010, 08:39 PM   #2606
richklein

Hi,

I am using version p7m (latest) & I am having an issue. When I download a show, it downloads the .tivo file (Raiders of the Lost Ark (06_19_2010).tivo), then makes two files:

Raiders of the Lost Ark (06_19_2010).mp4
Raiders of the Lost Ark (06_19_2010).mpg

Why is it making both files? I just want the MPG file.

Thanks,
Rich
richklein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 08:55 PM   #2607
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by richklein View Post
Hi,

I am using version p7m (latest) & I am having an issue. When I download a show, it downloads the .tivo file (Raiders of the Lost Ark (06_19_2010).tivo), then makes two files:

Raiders of the Lost Ark (06_19_2010).mp4
Raiders of the Lost Ark (06_19_2010).mpg

Why is it making both files? I just want the MPG file.

Thanks,
Rich
Do you have ENCODE checked on Kmttg?

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 12:14 AM   #2608
krar4

Kevin,

I changed my ff_ipod_high_res.enc profile to what you showed above to increase the volume and make a "boost" profile out of it, but kmttg errored out and failed. I noticed you made several changes to the ff_ipod_high_res.enc profile besides just the volume boost change, so I went back to the original profile, added the "-vol 512" change to the profile only and tried again. This time the file encoded without any problems, and the volume was noticeably louder.

Thanks again for your assistance.

Rick
Old 09-10-2010, 12:22 AM   #2609
moyekj

Quote:
Kevin,

I changed my ff_ipod_high_res.enc profile to what you showed above to increase the volume and make a "boost" profile out of it, but kmttg errored out and failed. I noticed you made several changes to the ff_ipod_high_res.enc profile besides just the volume boost change, so I went back to the original profile, added the "-vol 512" change to the profile only and tried again. This time the file encoded without any problems, and the volume was noticeably louder.

Thanks again for your assistance.

Rick
You must be on older versions of kmttg & ffmpeg then. There was an update a couple of versions that updated several encoding profiles & ffmpeg. All the ipod profiles were updated to use the better H.264 video encoding among other changes. But if you are happy with what you have then no reason to update.

Old 09-10-2010, 12:27 AM   #2610
orangeboy
yes, I AM orangeboy!

Has there ever been an GUI enhancement request for an option to download all programs from a specific channel?

orangeboy is offline   Reply With Quote