TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-23-2010, 05:16 PM   #2881
psywzrd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvatar View Post
If you are running pyTivoX to access your media files on the TiVo then thats what you have. pyTivoX is just a frontend that allows easy configuration and access to both pyTivo and StreamBaby which are normally separate programs.

To replace the FFmpeg that pyTivoX uses:

-Make sure pyTivoX is no longer running
-Extract the files from the updated FFmpeg file you downloaded.
-Navigate to the location your pyTivoX app is stored
-Right click on the application and select "Show Package Contents", an new window will open showing the files that make up pyTivoX
-In the window that opened navigate to /Contents/Resources/
-Drag and drop the new FFmpeg files onto this window. It will ask you if you want to replace the existing files, say yes.

That's all it takes to upgrade your FFmpeg. If you have any new issues after this post here. Since pyTivoX is no longer updated I am uncertain what version of pyTivo the app is running and it may need to have those files updated as well to run the latest FFmpeg.
Thank you for that! It does seem to be working better now since I started transferring an MKV file and it didn't quit after a second or two like it was before. I'll let it run all the way through just to make sure it grabs the whole file.

Since you mentioned that pyTivoX is no longer being updated, I'm wondering if there's anything similar out for Mac that is still being updated. Do you know of anything (preferably free or at least cheap)?
psywzrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 05:54 PM   #2882
Iluvatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by psywzrd View Post
Thank you for that! It does seem to be working better now since I started transferring an MKV file and it didn't quit after a second or two like it was before. I'll let it run all the way through just to make sure it grabs the whole file.

Since you mentioned that pyTivoX is no longer being updated, I'm wondering if there's anything similar out for Mac that is still being updated. Do you know of anything (preferably free or at least cheap)?
pyTivoX is the only frontend for pyTivo on the Mac that I am aware of. If you dont care about losing the pretty frontend you may want to check out the original pyTivo website. This is the real program that runs in the background and transfers the videos to and from your TiVo and is still developed by wmcbrine and others. The current snapshot can be downloaded here by selecting the tar.gz or zip links on the right. As it doesn't have a pretty frontend you may find it more difficult to utilize than pyTivoX but it's the best way to stay up to date with pyTivo developments.
Iluvatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 08:43 PM   #2883
psywzrd

Thx iluvatar. I'll just stick with pytivox for now. I don't use it all that much anyway so it should suffice for my needs.
psywzrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 07:37 AM   #2884
jbernardis

pytivo failed to push mp4 file

pytivo filed to push an mp4 video file to my tivo. I find the following in my log file. ANy clue as to what's wrong here? Could it be something is wrong with the file? I am concerned about "moov atom not found" message, but I don't know what that means. It seems to try to send it anyway. I can play it with VLC.

2010-08-26 00:42:00,578 INFO pyTivo.video.video: [26/Aug/2010 00:42:00] Start sending "\\BSERVER\media\My Videos\NHL\2009 Playoffs\Round 1 - Philadelphia\Game 4.mp4" to Master Bedroom
2010-08-26 00:42:00,578 DEBUG pyTivo.video.video: "\\BSERVER\media\My Videos\NHL\2009 Playoffs\Round 1 - Philadelphia\Game 4.mp4" is tivo compatible
2010-08-26 00:42:00,671 DEBUG pyTivo.video.qt-faststart: moov atom not found, is this a valid MOV/MP4 file?
2010-08-26 00:42:00,671 DEBUG pyTivo.video.qt-faststart: mp4 already streamable -- copying
2010-08-26 00:42:01,750 INFO pyTivo.video.video: [Errno 10054] An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
2010-08-26 00:42:01,750 INFO pyTivo.video.video: [26/Aug/2010 00:42:01] Done sending "\\BSERVER\media\My Videos\NHL\2009 Playoffs\Round 1 - Philadelphia\Game 4.mp4" to Master Bedroom, 0 bytes, 0.00 KBps
2010-08-26 00:55:19,765 DEBUG pyTivo.mind: __login

this file was encoded using kmttg profile ff_tivo_hd
1 Win7 HTPC with Ceton Quad Tuner

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by jbernardis : 08-26-2010 at 07:43 AM.
jbernardis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 09:08 AM   #2885
moyekj

qt-faststart (at least the one built into pyTivo) is failing find the moov atom and move it to the front of the file which is required for TiVo playback of mp4 files. Have you pushed mp4 files via pyTivo from a network share (i.e. \\BSERVER) before? I'm not sure if the qt-faststart method works from a network share or not which is why I ask.

Perhaps try streaming it with streambaby and/or manually run qt-faststart on it:
qt-faststart file.mp4 file_new.mp4
(Then of course try pushing file_new.mp4 if qt-faststart works)

moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 10:55 AM   #2886
jbernardis

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
qt-faststart (at least the one built into pyTivo) is failing find the moov atom and move it to the front of the file which is required for TiVo playback of mp4 files....
Thank you!!

I ran qt-faststart directly on the file and it was successful. At this moment, the file is pushing. I will let you know if it was successful.

I'm not sure what the issue was - qa-faststart did not complain, although it did take a good 20 minutes to process the file. This is quite a large file ~5.5GB as an mp4; the original .tivo file was about 12GB.

On a separate note, I am having good success with the latest version of curl in conjunction with kmttg. Prior to this, kmttg was almost unusable to me because of the frequent transmission failures. With curl 7.21.1 I haven't had a single failure yet.

Old 08-26-2010, 11:43 AM   #2887
jbernardis

ok - push was successful and file played perfectly on the tivo. I guess I just need to incorporate qa-faststart into my workflow between kmttg and pytivo.

Thanks again.

Old 08-26-2010, 01:39 PM   #2888
moyekj

I used to run qt-faststart automatically in kmttg as part of encode tasks intended for playback on TiVo, but since both streambaby & pyTivo added qt-faststart processing if necessary I took it out a while back. Still would be curious to know why the built in pyTivo qt-faststart doesn't work in this case. I wonder if it's related to network share or some other problem?

Old 08-26-2010, 05:17 PM   #2889
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

It's possible that I broke the bundled version of qt-faststart at some point. I don't have a good test suite of recordings for it. If you can point me to some that are known to require it, I'll check it out.

wmcbrine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 06:38 PM   #2890
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcbrine View Post
It's possible that I broke the bundled version of qt-faststart at some point. I don't have a good test suite of recordings for it. If you can point me to some that are known to require it, I'll check it out.
Here is a very small 1 min SD clip with moov atom at the end. NOTE, I haven't updated my pyTivo installation in a couple of months but I know the version I have is working fine for that and various other clips.

Old 08-27-2010, 08:29 AM   #2891
jbernardis

I was thinking that it had to do with integer precision. The file is greater than 4 GB and so seekinh it at the end would require an offset of more than 32 bits. But I've also read that python (since 2.2} autotatically gives you as much precision as you need - so I don't know - unless it's a limitation of the seek/tell implementation.

Old 08-27-2010, 08:59 AM   #2892
moyekj

FYI, I created and tried pushing an mp4 file > 4GB (6.2GB) and get exactly the same issue. A bunch of smaller ones pushed fine. Manually running qt-faststart.exe on the big one worked and then pushed fine.
Code:
DEBUG:pyTivo.video.transcode:CACHE HIT! c:\home\dvd\I_Am_Legend.mp4
DEBUG:pyTivo.video.transcode:TRANSCODE=NO, all compatible, c:\home\dvd\I_Am_Lege
nd.mp4
INFO:pyTivo:192.168.1.107 [27/Aug/2010 06:54:13] "GET /videos/I_Am_Legend.mp4?Fo
rmat=video%2Fmp4 HTTP/1.1" 206 -
INFO:pyTivo.video.video:[27/Aug/2010 06:54:13] Start sending "c:\home\dvd\I_Am_L
egend.mp4" to Bedroom
DEBUG:pyTivo.video.video:"c:\home\dvd\I_Am_Legend.mp4" is tivo compatible
DEBUG:pyTivo.video.qt-faststart:moov atom not found, is this a valid MOV/MP4 fil
e?
DEBUG:pyTivo.video.qt-faststart:mp4 already streamable -- copying
INFO:pyTivo.video.video:(10054, 'Connection reset by peer')
INFO:pyTivo.video.video:[27/Aug/2010 06:54:15] Done sending "c:\home\dvd\I_Am_Le
gend.mp4" to Bedroom, 0 bytes, 0.00 Mb/s

Old 08-28-2010, 01:03 PM   #2893
PeskyPete

Need help with getting directory to name correctly

When I push the files to tivo, they go into a directory, and adding 'Episode x" to the episodeTitle field, I get the episode number showing up ok.
However, the directory is 'The Office (US)'
I would like it to say: The Office Season 5.
How to I modify the txt file to achieve this?
Sample txt file:
seriesTitle : The Office Season 5
title : Weight Loss
episodeTitle : Episode 1 Weight Loss
originalAirDate : 2008-09-25T00:00:00Z
description : Michael tries to motivate the Scranton branch to lose weight as part of an interoffice competition. Jim is lost after Pam leaves for art school in New York, and Angela continues to see Dwight even though she is now engaged to Andy.
isEpisode : true
seriesId : SH726133
episodeNumber : 501
vProgramGenre : Comedy
vSeriesGenre : Comedy
vDirector : Paul Feig
vWriter : Lee Eisenberg
vWriter : Gene Stupnitsky
vGuestStar : Amy Ryan
vActor : Steve Carell
vActor : John Krasinski
vActor : Jenna Fischer
vActor : Rainn Wilson
vActor : Craig Robinson
vActor : David Denman
vActor : Paul Lieberstein
vActor : Melora Hardin
vActor : Creed Bratton
vActor : Mindy Kaling
vActor : Kate Flannery
vActor : Ed Helms
vActor : Phyllis Smith
vActor : Angela Kinsey
vActor : B.J. Novak
vActor : Oscar Nuņez
vActor : Brian Baumgartner
vActor : Leslie David Baker
vActor : Ellie Kemper
PeskyPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 02:17 PM   #2894
Rdian06

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeskyPete View Post
When I push the files to tivo, they go into a directory, and adding 'Episode x" to the episodeTitle field, I get the episode number showing up ok.
However, the directory is 'The Office (US)'
I would like it to say: The Office Season 5.
How to I modify the txt file to achieve this?
Sample txt file:
seriesTitle : The Office Season 5
title : Weight Loss
episodeTitle : Episode 1 Weight Loss
originalAirDate : 2008-09-25T00:00:00Z
description : Michael tries to motivate the Scranton branch to lose weight as part of an interoffice competition. Jim is lost after Pam leaves for art school in New York, and Angela continues to see Dwight even though she is now engaged to Andy.
isEpisode : true
seriesId : SH726133
episodeNumber : 501
vProgramGenre : Comedy
vSeriesGenre : Comedy
vDirector : Paul Feig
vWriter : Lee Eisenberg
vWriter : Gene Stupnitsky
vGuestStar : Amy Ryan
vActor : Steve Carell
vActor : John Krasinski
vActor : Jenna Fischer
vActor : Rainn Wilson
vActor : Craig Robinson
vActor : David Denman
vActor : Paul Lieberstein
vActor : Melora Hardin
vActor : Creed Bratton
vActor : Mindy Kaling
vActor : Kate Flannery
vActor : Ed Helms
vActor : Phyllis Smith
vActor : Angela Kinsey
vActor : B.J. Novak
vActor : Oscar Nuņez
vActor : Brian Baumgartner
vActor : Leslie David Baker
vActor : Ellie Kemper
I believe you need to use a different seriesId. If you use the real seriesId that already exists in the Tivo guide, the folder will be named according to the guide data.

If you pick an unused seriesId and do a Push, then I believe the folder name will be whatever you specify as the seriesTitle in the first file pushed.

Works on Windows, Mac and Linux.
Rdian06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 05:34 PM   #2895
PeskyPete

Ok thanks for this tip.
What would be a typical example of an used id? SH999999?
Old 08-28-2010, 07:51 PM   #2896
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

If it's really a Push, the seriesId shouldn't matter. That is to say, they work for grouping purposes, but they don't get recognized as real, existing seriesIds. So it doesn't matter if it's unused or not. But for Push purposes, you might as well leave it out altogether.

Old 08-30-2010, 10:55 PM   #2897
hotwire32

Oh is that why I can get something from like Amazon VOD and it will list the right grouping even though the show isn't in the current listings, because they pushed it to my Tivo? Does pyTivo let you push?
hotwire32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 12:23 AM   #2898
bwall23

Web Configuration->Global Server Settings->debug:

Using Windows7-64-bit, Python version 2.6.5, snapshot wmcbrine-2010-07-02-af4ac219c26f90baa3a59daef57f91e13e920a36, FFmpeg version SVN-r21085

Is there a debug setting left enabled?

I get an ffmpeg like output in the "Hosts:" section of an MP4 file on my server that I'm browsing from my TiVo shares. It looks like a response from pyTiVo querying the container and deciding what to do with it. Is this the result of a debug setting not disabled?

I ONLY see it when I have Global Server Settings->debug: True

What does Global Server Settings->debug: True DO???

I'm also having problems with the "threads=#" and the docs don't cover what it applies to. Currently it's a problem and without knowing what it applies to, I don't know how to solve it.

Last edited by bwall23 : 08-31-2010 at 12:41 AM. Reason: docs would be nice, A real WiKi would 2
bwall23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 01:30 AM   #2899
bwall23

Quote:
Originally Posted by innocentfreak View Post
I just want to make sure I am not missing it. There isn't a tool for automated metadata for existing files?

I saw the one that does it during current transfers and the one that does one file at a time, but I was hoping there was one similar to the various metadata tools out there.
kmttg will give you accurate metadata in a .txt file. I also posted a Windows command script that will give you an xml file of metadata gen'd from a .TiVo file here.
Old 08-31-2010, 03:30 PM   #2900
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotwire32 View Post
Oh is that why I can get something from like Amazon VOD and it will list the right grouping even though the show isn't in the current listings, because they pushed it to my Tivo?
Yes... all pushes (aka TiVoCasts) create their own seriesIds/do their own grouping.

Quote:
Does pyTivo let you push?
Yes. As noted, you do it from the web interface.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwall23 View Post
I get an ffmpeg like output in the "Hosts:" section of an MP4 file on my server that I'm browsing from my TiVo shares. ... I ONLY see it when I have Global Server Settings->debug: True
Yes, that's normal.

Quote:
What does Global Server Settings->debug: True DO???
Apart from the Hosts data, it adds extra log/console output.

Quote:
I'm also having problems with the "threads=#" and the docs don't cover what it applies to.
pyTivo doesn't have a "threads" option, although it's an option for ffmpeg. Where are you seeing this?

Quote:
Currently it's a problem
Why?

Old 08-31-2010, 09:33 PM   #2901
bwall23

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwall23
I get an ffmpeg like output in the "Hosts:" section of an MP4 file on my server that I'm browsing from my TiVo shares. ... I ONLY see it when I have Global Server Settings->debug: True
Yes, that's normal.
Thanks

Quote:
Quote:
I'm also having problems with the "threads=#" and the docs don't cover what it applies to.
pyTivo doesn't have a "threads" option, although it's an option for ffmpeg. Where are you seeing this?
Yes, in the Global Server Settings->ffmpeg_pram:

Quote:
Quote:
Currently it's a problem
Why?
Now that I know it's just for ffmpeg, I've figured it out
Old 09-02-2010, 05:23 PM   #2902
hotwire32

Ah I installed the lastest version on my MacMini and now I see the push services! VERY COOL, Thank you thank you thank you .

Now i've got to figure out is it default.txt that you put in each folder you want to push?

Also another quick question, there use to be a software package that I had that would search TVDB to get episode information? I'm using pyTivoMetadataManager but it doesn't appear to get episode info. Thanks again everyone!

Last edited by hotwire32 : 09-02-2010 at 05:34 PM.
hotwire32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 09:39 PM   #2903
Eamus Catuli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kivo View Post
I have a Tivo HD and a Premiere. I've been using pyTivo (and kmttg) to push H.264 files encoded with Handbrake to the Tivo HD. It's been working flawlessly for months and still does. However, when I try to push the same exact files to the Premiere, the video only fills a 4:3 portion of the screen with black bars on the sides.

Does anyone know why this is happening? Is there a setting in pyTivo somewhere that I need to change?
I had the same problem and tried the same solution, but it didn't work for me. I was about the pose a question of why but then I found the answer myself - you need to make sure when you apply the updated code that it overwrites the previous versions.

I noticed when I tried to update it the first time, I just added a "wmcbine" subdirectory and in the pyTivo directory, there were whole bunch of ".py" files dated 2009-03-19. When I took the contents of "wmcbine" an overwrote "pyTivo", everything was fine.

I hope someone might find this useful in the future. It's an easy mistake to make.

I'm now running pyTivo with:

Windows 7 x64
Python 2.6.6
wmcbrine-2fb21cf9579762e6dead74dee95f50b3378209a5 (Aug. 8, 2010)
ffmpeg 1.01

Last edited by Eamus Catuli : 09-02-2010 at 09:39 PM. Reason: typo
Eamus Catuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 11:17 AM   #2904
PeskyPete

Quote:
If it's really a Push, the seriesId shouldn't matter. That is to say, they work for grouping purposes, but they don't get recognized as real, existing seriesIds. So it doesn't matter if it's unused or not. But for Push purposes, you might as well leave it out altogether.
Sorry for the late follow up - been oot.
I am still not clear on the seriesid command.

From your post, you say that I don't need it if I am 'pushing' from computer to Tivo with pytivo - right?
Now does that mean I leave off the entire line, or do I still need:

seriesId_:_ (where _= space, before and after the colon).

The program is very case/character sensitive, so you need to be VERY specific.

If I want the files to go into a directory of a particular name, can you actually give an example of acouple of txt files please?

For example, say I have a series of shows:
My Home Movie 1.mkv
My Home Movie 2.mkv

I want these to appear on my Tivo under a folder called "Home Movies 2010"
Would these txt files work?:

seriesTitle : Home Movies 2010
episodeTitle : My Home Movie 1
description : Cat takes a bath
episodeNumber : 101

seriesTitle : Home Movies 2010
episodeTitle : My Home Movie 2
description : Dog takes a bath
episodeNumber : 102

Thanks
Pete

Last edited by PeskyPete : 09-06-2010 at 11:55 AM.
Old 09-09-2010, 01:59 AM   #2905
bwall23

Question Strange copy protected problem

I'm running pytivo wmcbrine-2010-07-02-af4ac219c26f90baa3a59daef57f91e13e920a36.zip in console mode on WIN7-64bit.
tivodecode 0.3pre4 Copyright (c) 2006-2007, Jeremy Drake
tdcat same as tivodecode

Everything has been and is working great, except for a problem I've just discovered with 4 TiVo files on my share.

My one share has 50 folders and 410 TiVo files.
From my TiVo NPL I go into my video share and then select one of these 4 problem TiVo files and it says "Transferring prohibited by the copyright holder." and shows the duration as 0:00 and doesn't display the Title, episodeTitle or Description. It just displays the filename.
TiVo Desktop v2.8.1 allows me to share them, pull them to my TiVo and they are viewable.
I can play them on my PC with Windows Media Player.
I've looked at the metadata xml chunks gen'd from both tivodecode and tdcat and everything looks fine.
kmttg v0p7m generates good metadata text from them.
The TiVo filenames don't seem to be the problem as they're like all my others;
1) Disaster in the Gulf A Race Against Time (Thu Jun 10, 2010 1700 DSCHD).TiVo"
2) Louisiana (Fri Jul 30, 2010 1800 DSCHD).TiVo
3) Hidden Predator #007 (Thu Aug 05, 2010 1800 DSCHD).TiVo
4) After the Fall #202 (Tue Aug 03, 2010 1900 DSCHD).TiVo

Attempting to push these from the pytivo web interface throws an error that the duration is zero.

I'm not sure what I should be looking for.
Old 09-09-2010, 12:01 PM   #2906
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

It means ffmpeg can't read them. It tries to read them without decoding, a process which at first appeared to work quite consistently (for purposes of finding the duration and other details), but has since turned out to be iffy. Try a different version of ffmpeg. (Alternatively, with no ffmpeg at all, pyTivo will switch to passthrough mode, where only common MPEG extensions and ".TiVo" will be recognized.)

Old 09-09-2010, 08:43 PM   #2907
bwall23

Quote:
It means ffmpeg can't read them. It tries to read them without decoding, a process which at first appeared to work quite consistently (for purposes of finding the duration and other details), but has since turned out to be iffy. Try a different version of ffmpeg. (Alternatively, with no ffmpeg at all, pyTivo will switch to passthrough mode, where only common MPEG extensions and ".TiVo" will be recognized.)
Removing ffmpeg from the pytivo config file works, but then I don't get the recording duration listed.

Using a new version of ffmpeg did not fix the problem.

Original version I was using on a problem recording

Code:
T:\>ffmpeg -i "Disaster in the Gulf A Race Against Time (Thu Jun 10, 2010 1700 DSCHD).TiVo"
FFmpeg version SVN-r21085, Copyright (c) 2000-2010 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
  built on Jan  8 2010 06:05:02 with gcc 4.2.4
  configuration: --enable-memalign-hack --prefix=/mingw --cross-prefix=i686-mingw32- --cc=ccache-i686-mingw32-gcc --target-os=mingw32 --arch=i686 --cpu=i686 --enable-avisynth --enable-gpl --enable-version3 --enable-zlib --enable-bzlib --enable-libgsm --enable-libfaad --enable-pthreads --enable-libvorbis --enable-libtheora --enable-libspeex --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libopenjpeg --enable-libxvid --enable-libschroedinger --enable-libx264 --enable-libopencore_amrwb --enable-libopencore_amrnb
  libavutil     50. 7. 0 / 50. 7. 0
  libavcodec    52.45. 0 / 52.45. 0
  libavformat   52.46. 0 / 52.46. 0
  libavdevice   52. 2. 0 / 52. 2. 0
  libswscale     0. 8. 0 /  0. 8. 0

Seems stream 1 codec frame rate differs from container frame rate: inf (1/0) -> nan (0/0)
Input #0, mpeg, from 'Disaster in the Gulf A Race Against Time (Thu Jun 10, 2010 1700 DSCHD).TiVo':
  Duration: 01:00:01.10, start: 1.000000, bitrate: 10929 kb/s
    Stream #0.0[0x1bd]: Audio: ac3, 48000 Hz, 5.1, s16, 384 kb/s
    Stream #0.1[0x1e0]: Video: mpeg2video, 90k tbn
At least one output file must be specified
New version I'm trying on a problem recording

Code:
T:\>ffmpeg -i "Disaster in the Gulf A Race Against Time (Thu Jun 10, 2010 1700 DSCHD).TiVo"
FFmpeg version SVN-r21659-rdian06-1.02-win-x86_32, Copyright (c) 2000-2010 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
  built on Aug 24 2010 20:46:16 with gcc 4.4.0
  configuration: --enable-memalign-hack --disable-debug --enable-hardcoded-tables --enable-runtime-cpudetect --enable-static --disable-shared --disable-ffserver --disable-ffplay --enable-gpl --enable-pthreads --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libvorbis --enable-libtheora --enable-libspeex --enable-libgsm --enable-libx264 --enable-libschroedinger --enable-libfaad --enable-libxvid --disable-decoder=aac --enable-avisynth --enable-postproc --enable-avfilter --enable-avfilter-lavf
  libavutil     50. 8. 0 / 50. 8. 0
  libavcodec    52.52. 0 / 52.52. 0
  libavformat   52.50. 0 / 52.50. 0
  libavfilter    1.17. 0 /  1.17. 0
  libswscale     0.10. 0 /  0.10. 0
  libpostproc   51. 2. 0 / 51. 2. 0

Seems stream 1 codec frame rate differs from container frame rate: inf (1/0) -> nan (0/0)
Input #0, mpeg, from 'Disaster in the Gulf A Race Against Time (Thu Jun 10, 2010 1700 DSCHD).TiVo':
  Duration: 00:55:49.55, start: 1.000000, bitrate: 11750 kb/s
    Stream #0.1[0x1e0]: Video: mpeg2video, 90k tbn
Original version I was using on a good recording

Code:
T:\>ffmpeg -i "Hunting the Lost Symbol (Sun Nov 01, 2009 1300 DSCHD).TiVo"
FFmpeg version SVN-r21085, Copyright (c) 2000-2010 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
  built on Jan  8 2010 06:05:02 with gcc 4.2.4
  configuration: --enable-memalign-hack --prefix=/mingw --cross-prefix=i686-mingw32- --cc=ccache-i686-mingw32-gcc --target-os=mingw32 --arch=i686 --cpu=i686 --enable-avisynth --enable-gpl --enable-version3 --enable-zlib --enable-bzlib --enable-libgsm --enable-libfaad --enable-pthreads --enable-libvorbis --enable-libtheora --enable-libspeex --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libopenjpeg --enable-libxvid --enable-libschroedinger --enable-libx264 --enable-libopencore_amrwb --enable-libopencore_amrnb
  libavutil     50. 7. 0 / 50. 7. 0
  libavcodec    52.45. 0 / 52.45. 0
  libavformat   52.46. 0 / 52.46. 0
  libswscale     0. 8. 0 /  0. 8. 0
[mpeg2video @ 0x17e4d80]mpeg_decode_postinit() failure
    Last message repeated 3 times
[mpeg2video @ 0x17e4d80]ignoring pic after 100
[mpeg2video @ 0x17e4d80]ac-tex damaged at 0 0
[mpeg2video @ 0x17e4d80]ac-tex damaged at 0 1
[mpeg2video @ 0x17e4d80]ac-tex damaged at 0 2
[mpeg2video @ 0x17e4d80]ac-tex damaged at 0 3
[mpeg2video @ 0x17e4d80]ac-tex damaged at 0 4
[mpeg2video @ 0x17e4d80]skipped MB in I frame at 1 5
[mpeg2video @ 0x17e4d80]invalid mb type in I Frame at 0 6
[mpeg2video @ 0x17e4d80]ac-tex damaged at 0 7
[mpeg2video @ 0x17e4d80]ac-tex damaged at 0 8
[mpeg2video @ 0x17e4d80]ac-tex damaged at 0 9
[mpeg2video @ 0x17e4d80]ac-tex damaged at 0 10
[mpeg2video @ 0x17e4d80]ac-tex damaged at 0 11
[mpeg2video @ 0x17e4d80]invalid mb type in I Frame at 0 12
[mpeg2video @ 0x17e4d80]invalid mb type in I Frame at 0 13
[mpeg2video @ 0x17e4d80]ac-tex damaged at 0 14
[mpeg2video @ 0x17e4d80]ac-tex damaged at 0 15
[mpeg2video @ 0x17e4d80]ac-tex damaged at 0 16
[mpeg2video @ 0x17e4d80]ac-tex damaged at 0 17
[mpeg2video @ 0x17e4d80]ac-tex damaged at 0 18
[mpeg2video @ 0x17e4d80]ac-tex damaged at 0 19
[mpeg2video @ 0x17e4d80]ac-tex damaged at 0 20
[mpeg2video @ 0x17e4d80]ac-tex damaged at 0 21
[mpeg2video @ 0x17e4d80]ac-tex damaged at 0 22
[mpeg2video @ 0x17e4d80]ac-tex damaged at 0 23
[mpeg2video @ 0x17e4d80]invalid mb type in I Frame at 0 24
[mpeg2video @ 0x17e4d80]invalid mb type in I Frame at 0 25
[mpeg2video @ 0x17e4d80]invalid mb type in I Frame at 0 26
[mpeg2video @ 0x17e4d80]skipped MB in I frame at 1 27
[mpeg2video @ 0x17e4d80]ac-tex damaged at 0 28
[mpeg2video @ 0x17e4d80]ac-tex damaged at 0 29
[mpeg2video @ 0x17e4d80]invalid mb type in I Frame at 0 30
[mpeg2video @ 0x17e4d80]invalid mb type in I Frame at 0 31
[mpeg2video @ 0x17e4d80]ac-tex damaged at 0 32
[mpeg2video @ 0x17e4d80]ac-tex damaged at 0 33
[mpeg2video @ 0x17e4d80]mb incr damaged
[mpeg2video @ 0x17e4d80]ac-tex damaged at 0 35
[mpeg2video @ 0x17e4d80]ac-tex damaged at 1 36
[mpeg2video @ 0x17e4d80]skipped MB in I frame at 1 37
[mpeg2video @ 0x17e4d80]invalid mb type in I Frame at 0 38
[mpeg2video @ 0x17e4d80]ac-tex damaged at 0 39
[mpeg2video @ 0x17e4d80]skipped MB in I frame at 1 40
[mpeg2video @ 0x17e4d80]invalid mb type in I Frame at 0 41
[mpeg2video @ 0x17e4d80]ac-tex damaged at 0 42
[mpeg2video @ 0x17e4d80]ac-tex damaged at 0 43
[mpeg2video @ 0x17e4d80]skipped MB in I frame at 1 44
[mpeg2video @ 0x17e4d80]skipped MB in I frame at 1 45
[mpeg2video @ 0x17e4d80]ac-tex damaged at 0 46
[mpeg2video @ 0x17e4d80]ac-tex damaged at 0 47
[mpeg2video @ 0x17e4d80]ac-tex damaged at 0 48
[mpeg2video @ 0x17e4d80]ac-tex damaged at 0 49
[mpeg2video @ 0x17e4d80]ac-tex damaged at 1 50
[mpeg2video @ 0x17e4d80]ac-tex damaged at 0 51
[mpeg2video @ 0x17e4d80]invalid mb type in I Frame at 1 52
[mpeg2video @ 0x17e4d80]ac-tex damaged at 0 53
[mpeg2video @ 0x17e4d80]invalid mb type in I Frame at 0 54
[mpeg2video @ 0x17e4d80]invalid mb type in I Frame at 0 55
[mpeg2video @ 0x17e4d80]ac-tex damaged at 0 56
[mpeg2video @ 0x17e4d80]ac-tex damaged at 0 57
[mpeg2video @ 0x17e4d80]ac-tex damaged at 0 58
[mpeg2video @ 0x17e4d80]ac-tex damaged at 0 59
[mpeg2video @ 0x17e4d80]ac-tex damaged at 1 60
[mpeg2video @ 0x17e4d80]ac-tex damaged at 0 61
[mpeg2video @ 0x17e4d80]ac-tex damaged at 0 62
[mpeg2video @ 0x17e4d80]ac-tex damaged at 0 63
[mpeg2video @ 0x17e4d80]ac-tex damaged at 0 64
[mpeg2video @ 0x17e4d80]mb incr damaged
[mpeg2video @ 0x17e4d80]ac-tex damaged at 0 66
[mpeg2video @ 0x17e4d80]ac-tex damaged at 1 67
[mpeg2video @ 0x17e4d80]Warning MVs not available
[mpeg2video @ 0x17e4d80]concealing 8160 DC, 8160 AC, 8160 MV errors
[mpeg @ 0x19acd70]MAX_READ_SIZE:5000000 reached

Seems stream 1 codec frame rate differs from container frame rate: 59.94 (60000/1001) -> 29.97 (30000/1001)
Input #0, mpeg, from 'Hunting the Lost Symbol (Sun Nov 01, 2009 1300 DSCHD).TiVo':
  Duration: 02:00:00.72, start: 1.000000, bitrate: 11057 kb/s
    Stream #0.1[0x1e0]: Video: mpeg2video, yuv420p, 1920x1080 [PAR 1:1 DAR 16:9], 20000 kb/s, 29.97 fps, 29.97 tbr, 90k tbn, 59.94 tbc
New version I'm trying on a good recording

Code:
T:\>ffmpeg -i "Hunting the Lost Symbol (Sun Nov 01, 2009 1300 DSCHD).TiVo"
FFmpeg version SVN-r21659-rdian06-1.02-win-x86_32, Copyright (c) 2000-2010 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
  built on Aug 24 2010 20:46:16 with gcc 4.4.0
  configuration: --enable-memalign-hack --disable-debug --enable-hardcoded-tables --enable-runtime-cpudetect --enable-static --disable-shared --disable-ffserver --disable-ffplay --enable-gpl --enable-pthreads --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libvorbis --enable-libtheora --enable-libspeex --enable-libgsm --enable-libx264 --enable-libschroedinger --enable-libfaad --enable-libxvid --disable-decoder=aac --enable-avisynth --enable-postproc --enable-avfilter --enable-avfilter-lavf
  libavutil     50. 8. 0 / 50. 8. 0
  libavcodec    52.52. 0 / 52.52. 0
  libavformat   52.50. 0 / 52.50. 0
  libavfilter    1.17. 0 /  1.17. 0
  libswscale     0.10. 0 /  0.10. 0
  libpostproc   51. 2. 0 / 51. 2. 0
[mpeg2video @ 0x3304d80]mpeg_decode_postinit() failure
    Last message repeated 3 times
[mpeg2video @ 0x3304d80]ignoring pic after 100
[mpeg2video @ 0x3304d80]ac-tex damaged at 0 0
[mpeg2video @ 0x3304d80]ac-tex damaged at 0 1
[mpeg2video @ 0x3304d80]ac-tex damaged at 0 2
[mpeg2video @ 0x3304d80]ac-tex damaged at 0 3
[mpeg2video @ 0x3304d80]ac-tex damaged at 0 4
[mpeg2video @ 0x3304d80]skipped MB in I frame at 1 5
[mpeg2video @ 0x3304d80]invalid mb type in I Frame at 0 6
[mpeg2video @ 0x3304d80]ac-tex damaged at 0 7
[mpeg2video @ 0x3304d80]ac-tex damaged at 0 8
[mpeg2video @ 0x3304d80]ac-tex damaged at 0 9
[mpeg2video @ 0x3304d80]ac-tex damaged at 0 10
[mpeg2video @ 0x3304d80]ac-tex damaged at 0 11
[mpeg2video @ 0x3304d80]invalid mb type in I Frame at 0 12
[mpeg2video @ 0x3304d80]invalid mb type in I Frame at 0 13
[mpeg2video @ 0x3304d80]ac-tex damaged at 0 14
[mpeg2video @ 0x3304d80]ac-tex damaged at 0 15
[mpeg2video @ 0x3304d80]ac-tex damaged at 0 16
[mpeg2video @ 0x3304d80]ac-tex damaged at 0 17
[mpeg2video @ 0x3304d80]ac-tex damaged at 0 18
[mpeg2video @ 0x3304d80]ac-tex damaged at 0 19
[mpeg2video @ 0x3304d80]ac-tex damaged at 0 20
[mpeg2video @ 0x3304d80]ac-tex damaged at 0 21
[mpeg2video @ 0x3304d80]ac-tex damaged at 0 22
[mpeg2video @ 0x3304d80]ac-tex damaged at 0 23
[mpeg2video @ 0x3304d80]invalid mb type in I Frame at 0 24
[mpeg2video @ 0x3304d80]invalid mb type in I Frame at 0 25
[mpeg2video @ 0x3304d80]invalid mb type in I Frame at 0 26
[mpeg2video @ 0x3304d80]skipped MB in I frame at 1 27
[mpeg2video @ 0x3304d80]ac-tex damaged at 0 28
[mpeg2video @ 0x3304d80]ac-tex damaged at 0 29
[mpeg2video @ 0x3304d80]invalid mb type in I Frame at 0 30
[mpeg2video @ 0x3304d80]invalid mb type in I Frame at 0 31
[mpeg2video @ 0x3304d80]ac-tex damaged at 0 32
[mpeg2video @ 0x3304d80]ac-tex damaged at 0 33
[mpeg2video @ 0x3304d80]mb incr damaged
[mpeg2video @ 0x3304d80]ac-tex damaged at 0 35
[mpeg2video @ 0x3304d80]ac-tex damaged at 1 36
[mpeg2video @ 0x3304d80]skipped MB in I frame at 1 37
[mpeg2video @ 0x3304d80]invalid mb type in I Frame at 0 38
[mpeg2video @ 0x3304d80]ac-tex damaged at 0 39
[mpeg2video @ 0x3304d80]skipped MB in I frame at 1 40
[mpeg2video @ 0x3304d80]invalid mb type in I Frame at 0 41
[mpeg2video @ 0x3304d80]ac-tex damaged at 0 42
[mpeg2video @ 0x3304d80]ac-tex damaged at 0 43
[mpeg2video @ 0x3304d80]skipped MB in I frame at 1 44
[mpeg2video @ 0x3304d80]skipped MB in I frame at 1 45
[mpeg2video @ 0x3304d80]ac-tex damaged at 0 46
[mpeg2video @ 0x3304d80]ac-tex damaged at 0 47
[mpeg2video @ 0x3304d80]ac-tex damaged at 0 48
[mpeg2video @ 0x3304d80]ac-tex damaged at 0 49
[mpeg2video @ 0x3304d80]ac-tex damaged at 1 50
[mpeg2video @ 0x3304d80]ac-tex damaged at 0 51
[mpeg2video @ 0x3304d80]invalid mb type in I Frame at 1 52
[mpeg2video @ 0x3304d80]ac-tex damaged at 0 53
[mpeg2video @ 0x3304d80]invalid mb type in I Frame at 0 54
[mpeg2video @ 0x3304d80]invalid mb type in I Frame at 0 55
[mpeg2video @ 0x3304d80]ac-tex damaged at 0 56
[mpeg2video @ 0x3304d80]ac-tex damaged at 0 57
[mpeg2video @ 0x3304d80]ac-tex damaged at 0 58
[mpeg2video @ 0x3304d80]ac-tex damaged at 0 59
[mpeg2video @ 0x3304d80]ac-tex damaged at 1 60
[mpeg2video @ 0x3304d80]ac-tex damaged at 0 61
[mpeg2video @ 0x3304d80]ac-tex damaged at 0 62
[mpeg2video @ 0x3304d80]ac-tex damaged at 0 63
[mpeg2video @ 0x3304d80]ac-tex damaged at 0 64
[mpeg2video @ 0x3304d80]mb incr damaged
[mpeg2video @ 0x3304d80]ac-tex damaged at 0 66
[mpeg2video @ 0x3304d80]ac-tex damaged at 1 67
[mpeg2video @ 0x3304d80]Warning MVs not available
[mpeg2video @ 0x3304d80]concealing 8160 DC, 8160 AC, 8160 MV errors
[mpeg @ 0x153cdf0]MAX_READ_SIZE:5000000 reached

Seems stream 1 codec frame rate differs from container frame rate: 59.94 (60000/1001) -> 29.97 (30000/1001)
Input #0, mpeg, from 'Hunting the Lost Symbol (Sun Nov 01, 2009 1300 DSCHD).TiVo':
  Duration: 02:00:00.72, start: 1.000000, bitrate: 11057 kb/s
    Stream #0.1[0x1e0]: Video: mpeg2video, yuv420p, 1920x1080 [PAR 1:1 DAR 16:9], 20000 kb/s, 29.97 fps, 29.97 tbr, 90k tbn, 59.94 tbc

Last edited by bwall23 : 09-09-2010 at 08:48 PM.
Old 09-09-2010, 09:44 PM   #2908
Rdian06

Seems ffmpeg can't determine the video resolution in the two problematic examples. Do those recordings have resolution changes near the beginning?

Works on Windows, Mac and Linux.
Rdian06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 11:35 PM   #2909
bwall23

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdian06 View Post
Seems ffmpeg can't determine the video resolution in the two problematic examples. Do those recordings have resolution changes near the beginning?
Not that I could tell by viewing it with WMP, on my TiVo HD or opening it in VideoRedo TVSuite 4. 1920x1080i HD, 3-15 secs of previous HD program, fade to black for <1 sec to 2 secs, then fade from black to new program. Anything in particular I should look for?

The one problem recording I showed the ffmpeg output for has 114 frames or 3.24 secs of the previous program, fades to black (23 frames/0.95 secs of black), then fades to new program which was recorded. All in HD.
Here's the Video Program Info from VideoReDo TVSuite 4;

File Name: T:\Disaster in the Gulf A Race Against Time (Thu Jun 10, 2010 1700 DSCHD).TiVo
File Size: 4919987881 ( 4.58 GB )
Program Duration: 00:59:59.17
File Type: TiVo
Encoding: MPEG2
Video stream Id: xE0
Encoding Dimensions: 1920 x 1080
Display Size: 1920 x 1080
Aspect Ratio: 16:9
Frame Rate: 29.97 FPS
Bit Rate: 20.000 Mbps
VBV_Buffer: 976 KB
Profile: Main/High
Progressive: Prog or Int
Chroma: 4:2:0
Audio Format: 5.1
Audio Stream Id: AC3: 0 (x80)
Audio Bit Rate: 384 Kbps
Audio Sampling Rate: 48000 Hz
TS Mux Rate (bps): -1
Est. video bit rate: 10.130 (Mbps)
Old 09-10-2010, 02:06 AM   #2910
bwall23

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwall23 View Post
Not that I could tell by viewing it with WMP, on my TiVo HD or opening it in VideoRedo TVSuite 4. 1920x1080i HD, 3-15 secs of previous HD program, fade to black for <1 sec to 2 secs, then fade from black to new program. Anything in particular I should look for?

The one problem recording I showed the ffmpeg output for has 114 frames or 3.24 secs of the previous program, fades to black (23 frames/0.95 secs of black), then fades to new program which was recorded. All in HD.
Here's the Video Program Info from VideoReDo TVSuite 4;

File Name: T:\Disaster in the Gulf A Race Against Time (Thu Jun 10, 2010 1700 DSCHD).TiVo
File Size: 4919987881 ( 4.58 GB )
Program Duration: 00:59:59.17
File Type: TiVo
Encoding: MPEG2
Video stream Id: xE0
Encoding Dimensions: 1920 x 1080
Display Size: 1920 x 1080
Aspect Ratio: 16:9
Frame Rate: 29.97 FPS
Bit Rate: 20.000 Mbps
VBV_Buffer: 976 KB
Profile: Main/High
Progressive: Prog or Int
Chroma: 4:2:0
Audio Format: 5.1
Audio Stream Id: AC3: 0 (x80)
Audio Bit Rate: 384 Kbps
Audio Sampling Rate: 48000 Hz
TS Mux Rate (bps): -1
Est. video bit rate: 10.130 (Mbps)
A bit blurry eyed right now (lack of sleep) but I figured it out.

Video Dimension Change 1920x1080 -> 1280x720 at a point where the local cableco inserted a local commercial in the 1920x1080 broadcast half-way through it. VRD QSFIX takes care of it. I didn't know and so was amazed that VRD TVSuite 4 QSFIX's a TiVo file. I'll have to look into it further, but looks like you can also do commercial cuts on a TiVo file and keep it in it's native format.

UPDATE: I've since found other TiVo files that don't have a problem with pyTiVo, but VRD shows a Video Dimension Change and can't edit them without first doing a QSF to eliminate the other Video Dimension. These are programs broadcast as 1920x1080 and have 1-3 minute commercial segments inserted at 1920x1088 resolution.

Last edited by bwall23 : 09-13-2010 at 11:19 PM. Reason: UPDATE: also found Video Dimension Change 1920x1080 -> 1920x1088