TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Reply
Forum Jump
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2010, 02:14 PM   #2851
Rdian06
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 463
Quote:
Originally Posted by txporter View Post
It used to run in interactive mode for me as well. It works as PeskyPete describes now for me in XP and Vista.
I just downloaded a fresh copy of pyTivoMetaThis 0.22 and placed it in a directory alongside three files (0 bytes, only the name matters) named:

The Office S03E01.mpg
The Office S03E02.mpg
The Office S03E03.mpg

Now if you double click the script from the Windows Explorer, it runs in non-interactive mode and will create two files:

The Office S03E01.mpg
The Office.seriesID (which contains 172751)

This is because of all the possible matches, the first returned match is "The Office (DE)" with a thetvdb seriesID of 172751. In non-interactive mode, the first match is automatically used and "The Office.seriesID" is created.

Now, if you then switch to the command line and run pyTivoMetaThis from there in interactive mode, it will reuse the data in "The Office.seriesID" and NOT prompt you.

If you go to Season 3 of The Office (DE) (172751) on thetvdb, there is only one episode in the database - so trying to query S02 and S03 will fail and no metadata files will be created for them.

Now delete The Office.seriesID and the bogus .txt files so you start again with just the three dummy office mpgs and the pyTivoMetaThis script. Then run pyTivoMetaThis from a command line and because no "The Office.seriesID" file is found AND there are multiple matches for "The Office", the script will prompt you to choose which thetvdb seriesID to use.

Final note, thetvdb seriesID is NOT the pyTivo/Tivo seriesId (notice the slightly different spellings). They have similar names, but very different formats. thetvdb seriesIDs are assigned by thetvdb and are just numbers. pyTivo/Tivo seriesId values begin with EP or SH and are followed by 6 or 8 digits (you may see some of them written as EP or SH followed by 7 digits in thetvdb database, but these are invalid for Tivo grouping and must be padded with a leading 0 - see http://pytivo.sourceforge.net/forum/...fix-t1058.html.)

Tivo seriesIds are stored in the thetvdb database as the "Zap2it / SchedulesDirect ID". If you're browsing thetvdb website, you must be logged in to your thetvdb account to see them (go to the Series main page and under Information, click "show/hide edit".) For shows that don't have the Zap2it ID field filled in, you can go to zap2it.com, find the shows main page, and then look at the end of the URL to find the Tivo/Zap2it seriesId (begins with EP.)
__________________
Why be frustrated with Tivo Desktop Plus when you could use pyTivo (open source).
Get
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Works on Windows, Mac and Linux.
Rdian06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 02:55 PM   #2852
txporter
One sec, almost done
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdian06 View Post
I just downloaded a fresh copy of pyTivoMetaThis 0.22 and placed it in a directory alongside three files (0 bytes, only the name matters) named:

The Office S03E01.mpg
The Office S03E02.mpg
The Office S03E03.mpg

Now if you double click the script from the Windows Explorer, it runs in non-interactive mode and will create two files:

The Office S03E01.mpg
The Office.seriesID (which contains 172751)

This is because of all the possible matches, the first returned match is "The Office (DE)" with a thetvdb seriesID of 172751. In non-interactive mode, the first match is automatically used and "The Office.seriesID" is created.

Now, if you then switch to the command line and run pyTivoMetaThis from there in interactive mode, it will reuse the data in "The Office.seriesID" and NOT prompt you.

If you go to Season 3 of The Office (DE) (172751) on thetvdb, there is only one episode in the database - so trying to query S02 and S03 will fail and no metadata files will be created for them.

Now delete The Office.seriesID and the bogus .txt files so you start again with just the three dummy office mpgs and the pyTivoMetaThis script. Then run pyTivoMetaThis from a command line and because no "The Office.seriesID" file is found AND there are multiple matches for "The Office", the script will prompt you to choose which thetvdb seriesID to use.

Final note, thetvdb seriesID is NOT the pyTivo/Tivo seriesId (notice the slightly different spellings). They have similar names, but very different formats. thetvdb seriesIDs are assigned by thetvdb and are just numbers. pyTivo/Tivo seriesId values begin with EP or SH and are followed by 6 or 8 digits (you may see some of them written as EP or SH followed by 7 digits in thetvdb database, but these are invalid for Tivo grouping and must be padded with a leading 0 - see http://pytivo.sourceforge.net/forum/...fix-t1058.html.)

Tivo seriesIds are stored in the thetvdb database as the "Zap2it / SchedulesDirect ID". If you're browsing thetvdb website, you must be logged in to your thetvdb account to see them (go to the Series main page and under Information, click "show/hide edit".) For shows that don't have the Zap2it ID field filled in, you can go to zap2it.com, find the shows main page, and then look at the end of the URL to find the Tivo/Zap2it seriesId (begins with EP.)
Yes, following you now. I was double-clicking the .py file. If I create a simple batch file that just calls the .py file, it goes back to interactive and asks me to pick the correct series.
__________________
Tivo Premiere 2TB WD20EARS (lifetime)
TivoHD 1TB WD10EACS + 1TB WD10EVCS Antec MX-1 (lifetime)
TivoHD 1TB WD10EACS (lifetime)
Series2 540 400GB Seagate DB35 (lifetime)
txporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 05:19 PM   #2853
PeskyPete
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 63
I tried pushing 14 files to Tivo, but only 3 went through. Is there an issue sometimes with sending a lot of files?
I am trying again, but doing 3 at a time.
I sent a whole bunch more than that before, so I am a bit surprised.

Edit:
Seems to be ok now, sent 3, then 5, and now I'm sending 6 over.
Network glitch??

Last edited by PeskyPete : 07-08-2010 at 10:21 PM.
PeskyPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 08:36 PM   #2854
Kivo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 34
I have a Tivo HD and a Premiere. I've been using pyTivo (and kmttg) to push H.264 files encoded with Handbrake to the Tivo HD. It's been working flawlessly for months and still does. However, when I try to push the same exact files to the Premiere, the video only fills a 4:3 portion of the screen with black bars on the sides.

Does anyone know why this is happening? Is there a setting in pyTivo somewhere that I need to change?
Kivo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 09:59 PM   #2855
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless
 
wmcbrine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 9,150
Perhaps you need to upgrade to a version of pyTivo that will recognize the Premiere as an HD unit. That change was made on March 3rd. If it's not that, then I'd look at the settings on the TiVo itself -- make sure the aspect ratio and zoom settings are correct. (Or, if the ostensibly correct setting doesn't work, just set zoom mode to "Full".)
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 09:30 PM   #2856
Kivo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcbrine View Post
Perhaps you need to upgrade to a version of pyTivo that will recognize the Premiere as an HD unit. That change was made on March 3rd. If it's not that, then I'd look at the settings on the TiVo itself -- make sure the aspect ratio and zoom settings are correct. (Or, if the ostensibly correct setting doesn't work, just set zoom mode to "Full".)
How do I install a new version? I tried downloading the latest zip file and copying the files to my pyTivo directory, but it didn't work. The service started, but when I tried to go to the configuration page I got an error.
Kivo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 08:31 PM   #2857
Kivo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kivo View Post
How do I install a new version? I tried downloading the latest zip file and copying the files to my pyTivo directory, but it didn't work. The service started, but when I tried to go to the configuration page I got an error.
I finally got the new pyTivo installed by following Scott's instructions here: http://scottsoapbox.com/2010/04/20/p...ions/#more-976. Thank you, Scott!

Now, pyTivo is pushing the files perfectly, except for one thing. The audio is stereo, instead of 5.1. The files I'm pushing are MP4 with AC3 and AAC tracks, in that order. The 5.1 plays on the Tivo HD, but not on the Premiere.

UPDATE: My audio problem was a problem with my system setup. Everything seems to be working great now.

Last edited by Kivo : 07-28-2010 at 07:54 AM.
Kivo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 10:57 PM   #2858
sdzc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 101
I am trying to get this installed and am just not getting it.

I have Python 2.7 installed
I try to run pyTivo-wmcbrine-2009.03.19-RC1, but this asks for a version of Python of 2.4, 2.5 or 2.6. How/Where do I get a newer version that will work with 2.7?

Thanks in advance for any help.
sdzc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 08:50 AM   #2859
jcthorne
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Houston
Posts: 2,000
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdzc View Post
I am trying to get this installed and am just not getting it.

I have Python 2.7 installed
I try to run pyTivo-wmcbrine-2009.03.19-RC1, but this asks for a version of Python of 2.4, 2.5 or 2.6. How/Where do I get a newer version that will work with 2.7?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Click on the link in WMCBRINE's signature a few messages up....download and install the latest version from a few weeks ago.
__________________
Current : Roamio Base with 2TB drive and 2 Premieres and a mini. OTA. kmttg, pyTivo, running with a 78TB Synology 1511 NAS....serving up the world.

Setup help for pytivo under windows:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jcthorne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 07:38 PM   #2860
sdzc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
Click on the link in WMCBRINE's signature a few messages up....download and install the latest version from a few weeks ago.
I was at that site last night, but which link on the page is the one I want? The "Download Source" button?? If so, I did download that zip file, but what do I do with the unzipped stuff in the folder?

To be honest, I am looking for an exe file, but do not see one.

I have this folder now: \wmcbrine-pytivo-af4ac21.zip\wmcbrine-pytivo-af4ac21 on my PC. Just do not know what to do with it.

edit:

I uninstalled 2.7 and installed 2.6.6. That allowed the wmcbrine to install, but I cannot open the config file (windows does not recognize the extension and wants to know what program to open it with)

Last edited by sdzc : 07-28-2010 at 10:39 PM.
sdzc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 08:02 AM   #2861
jcthorne
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Houston
Posts: 2,000
Try these instructions to walk you through:

http://scottsoapbox.com/2010/04/20/p...-instructions/

There is no up to date windows installer or exe file. Its a Python program that runs on multiple operating systems. You install the python interpreter for windows and then the pyTivo system runs in a command line window.
__________________
Current : Roamio Base with 2TB drive and 2 Premieres and a mini. OTA. kmttg, pyTivo, running with a 78TB Synology 1511 NAS....serving up the world.

Setup help for pytivo under windows:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jcthorne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 05:06 PM   #2862
stlarenas
Registered User
 
stlarenas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: near St Louis MO
Posts: 1,622
I have been using pytivo for a couple of years with no issues. I have been able to transfer all sorts of files to both of my s2 tivos at about real time speed (sometimes slightly longer by 5 or 10 minutes).

Both tivos are connected to the network via Ethernet cables, and the transfers speeds have been the same whether I push or pull the files.

Recently anytime I try and transfer a file it is very slow...close to 4 hours for a 45 min file.

I reset my tivo's and upgraded my pytivo to the most recent build but nothing has helped.

Any idea where to go next to troubleshoot this issue?

Thanks
diane
stlarenas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 05:55 PM   #2863
Phantom Gremlin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Tualatin, Oregon
Posts: 1,542
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlarenas View Post
Any idea where to go next to troubleshoot this issue?
Try power cycling your Ethernet switch and/or router.

Are there lights on your Ethernet switch? Do they indicate 100 Mbit full duplex?

Do you have any other Ethernet cables you could try?

Do you have any way of monitoring traffic on you Ethernet network? If nothing else, look at all the blinky lights on the switch when things should be relatively quiet. Are the lights flashing madly? If so, your transfers might be fighting with a lot of other network traffic. Maybe some Windoze exploit just made you part of a botnet. If so, replace all your Windoze machines with Macs.
Phantom Gremlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 04:42 PM   #2864
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser
 
MikeAndrews's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Northern Illinois (Dn Nr WI)
Posts: 12,336
I know I'm repeating a discussion from here:
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...t=418958&page= but I'm looking for the latest information and the downloads from last year have gone into hiding.

I'm trying to install pyTiVo on a G4 Mac Mini running OS X 10.4.11 Tiger. I have kmttg working for file transfers.

First where is the latest version of pyTivo that isn't pyTiVoX and OS X 10.5 specific? The download page on Sourceforge only offers me pyTivoX and Google isn't being too helpful other than pointing here.

It's looking like the version of ffmeg packaged with kmttg_v0p71 doesn't run on 10.4. I get a bus error and decodes aren't working in kmttg. Where can I find the latest version of ffmeg that will run on 10.4?

EDIT: tivodecode gives a bus error, too. ARGGH!


Thanks for any pointers!
__________________
1) Series 4 Premiere - Lifetime
2) Series 3 OLED - Lifetime.
2) Series 2 DT 500GB
Mac Mini NAS with 9 7 x 2TB drives.
UVerse and OTA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MikeAndrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 05:36 PM   #2865
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless
 
wmcbrine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 9,150
Quote:
Originally Posted by netringer View Post
First where is the latest version of pyTivo that isn't pyTiVoX and OS X 10.5 specific?
Link in my sig -- select "Download source" -- or use one of the other two mirrors.

http://github.com/wmcbrine/pytivo
http://repo.or.cz/w/pyTivo/wmcbrine.git
http://pytivo.git.sourceforge.net/gi...tivo;a=summary
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 02:05 AM   #2866
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser
 
MikeAndrews's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Northern Illinois (Dn Nr WI)
Posts: 12,336
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcbrine View Post
Link in my sig -- select "Download source" -- or use one of the other two mirrors.

http://github.com/wmcbrine/pytivo
http://repo.or.cz/w/pyTivo/wmcbrine.git
http://pytivo.git.sourceforge.net/gi...tivo;a=summary
THANKS, Bill!

Just to show I'm not as clueless as it appears I managed to compile and install from source a working copy of tivodecode-0.2pre4!

configure in the ffmpeg0.6 package makes a corrupt Makefile? make keeps telling me there's mismatched parens on line 28 of common.mak but I sure don't see it. I found an old download of ffmpeg on my Macbook so I have hope. Oh. It's on the Wiki. Same version.

Code:
netringer-Mac-mini:/Applications/local/pyTiVo netringer$ cat pyTivo.conf
[MyMovies]
type = video
path = /Volumes/WDC20two/Movies/TiVo

[Server]
port = 9032
ffmpeg = /usr/local/bin/ffmpeg
netringer-Mac-mini:/Applications/local/pyTiVo netringer$ ./pyTivo.py
ERROR: pyTivo.conf does not exist.
You must create this file before running pyTivo.
netringer-Mac-mini:/Applications/local/pyTiVo netringer$ cat /etc/pyTivo.conf
[MyMovies]
type = video
path = /Volumes/WDC20two/Movies/TiVo

[Server]
port = 9032
ffmpeg = /usr/local/bin/ffmpeg
netringer-Mac-mini:/Applications/local/pyTiVo netringer$
*sigh*
How much more exist does pyTivo.conf have to be?

I give up. I'll upgrade to OS X 10.5 as soon as I can. Event that is looking to be an adventure.
__________________
1) Series 4 Premiere - Lifetime
2) Series 3 OLED - Lifetime.
2) Series 2 DT 500GB
Mac Mini NAS with 9 7 x 2TB drives.
UVerse and OTA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MikeAndrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 07:13 AM   #2867
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless
 
wmcbrine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 9,150
That is odd. I can't account for it. I can only tell you that I have no problem running pyTivo on my own Mini with 10.4.

Oh -- you do need at least Python 2.4 to run pyTivo. OS X 10.4 comes with Python 2.3.5, which won't cut it. I installed 2.5, and later 2.6, on my Mini. /usr/bin/python is still 2.3.5, so it doesn't mess anything up.

Edit: Confirmed -- this is the error I get if I try to run pyTivo with 2.3.5 on my Mini. I'll see about making it give a more appropriate error message.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by wmcbrine : 08-01-2010 at 07:20 AM.
wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 02:32 PM   #2868
stlarenas
Registered User
 
stlarenas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: near St Louis MO
Posts: 1,622
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom Gremlin View Post
Try power cycling your Ethernet switch and/or router.

Are there lights on your Ethernet switch? Do they indicate 100 Mbit full duplex?

Do you have any other Ethernet cables you could try?

Do you have any way of monitoring traffic on you Ethernet network? If nothing else, look at all the blinky lights on the switch when things should be relatively quiet. Are the lights flashing madly? If so, your transfers might be fighting with a lot of other network traffic. Maybe some Windoze exploit just made you part of a botnet. If so, replace all your Windoze machines with Macs.
Thanks for the reply.

I have determined that the speed of transfer is fine from tivo to tivo. Just not from my external hard drive to tivo....

So I think it may be an issue with my external hard drive where my media is stored. I am going to run a check disk on the drive and cross my fingers that it is not a failing hard drive....

If you have any further thoughts let me know....

thanks
stlarenas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 08:26 PM   #2869
Neenahboy
Grad stud(ent)
 
Neenahboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Arlington, VA
Posts: 16,096
I'm having an issue with transferring certain .mkv files using pyTivoX v1.3 on OS X 10.6.4 using a TiVo HD. I queued up a transfer list of 24 files; the first nine completed successfully, while the others registered as 0:00 partials in Now Playing. Thinking this was an aberration, I queued them up again to no avail.

Currently, I can only transfer the .mkv files that are already completed, as well as any other file formats that could be done previously. The failed .mkv files are not corrupt, and I can think of no reason why they're not transferring. I've uninstalled pyTivoX a couple times and rebooted both the Mac and TiVo, but am still coming up empty.

Thoughts?
__________________
I'm collecting My Coke Rewards codes. PM me if you have any you aren't using.
Neenahboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 03:05 PM   #2870
psywzrd
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neenahboy View Post
I'm having an issue with transferring certain .mkv files using pyTivoX v1.3 on OS X 10.6.4 using a TiVo HD. I queued up a transfer list of 24 files; the first nine completed successfully, while the others registered as 0:00 partials in Now Playing. Thinking this was an aberration, I queued them up again to no avail.

Currently, I can only transfer the .mkv files that are already completed, as well as any other file formats that could be done previously. The failed .mkv files are not corrupt, and I can think of no reason why they're not transferring. I've uninstalled pyTivoX a couple times and rebooted both the Mac and TiVo, but am still coming up empty.

Thoughts?
Funny you should mention this because I'm experiencing the same exact problem. I'm on a Mac as well and I'm unable to transfer an mkv file from my Mac to my S3. The transfer starts but it stops after a couple of seconds or so and I'm left with just a partial on my Tivo. I even tried it on my other S3 and the same thing happens. Not sure what's going on because I was able to transfer 2 avi files without a problem.
psywzrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 09:32 PM   #2871
innocentfreak
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Florida
Posts: 8,568
I just want to make sure I am not missing it. There isn't a tool for automated metadata for existing files?

I saw the one that does it during current transfers and the one that does one file at a time, but I was hoping there was one similar to the various metadata tools out there.
__________________
1 - TiVo Roamio Pro
2 - TiVo Premiere XL

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
innocentfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 09:30 PM   #2872
sdzc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 101
OK, I have both Python and PyTivo running and PyTivo can see my tivos in the To Go section.

What I cannot get right now is for my Tivo's to see the My Videos folder where I have set up the path. In other words, it is not showing up in my Now Playing list


Any thoughts? Hopefully tonight (to get an answer)
sdzc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 09:43 PM   #2873
windracer
joined the 10k club
 
windracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: St. Pete, FL
Posts: 11,270
Post your pytivo.conf file ... that might help.
__________________
840~Roamio Pro (TA, MoCA) + two A92~Minis, 758~Premiere XL4 (TA, MoCA)
S/old: 746~S4, 658~HDXL, 648~OLED S3, 565~TX20, 230~S2, 140~S2

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
windracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 11:01 PM   #2874
steinbch
Registered User
 
steinbch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 83
Is it possible to run PyTivoX and not have it show up in the dock? That's my only reason for not keeping it running 24/7. I like to have a minimalist dock. I didn't see anything in the config file for it.
steinbch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 09:28 AM   #2875
Iluvatar
Registered User
 
Iluvatar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 377
Quote:
Originally Posted by psywzrd View Post
Funny you should mention this because I'm experiencing the same exact problem. I'm on a Mac as well and I'm unable to transfer an mkv file from my Mac to my S3. The transfer starts but it stops after a couple of seconds or so and I'm left with just a partial on my Tivo. I even tried it on my other S3 and the same thing happens. Not sure what's going on because I was able to transfer 2 avi files without a problem.
You need to upgrade to rdian06's latest FFmpeg 1.01 release from here or if you are using macports upgrade to the latest FFmpeg-devel package. This more than likely will fix your MKV transfer issues.
Iluvatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 09:33 AM   #2876
Iluvatar
Registered User
 
Iluvatar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 377
Quote:
Originally Posted by steinbch View Post
Is it possible to run PyTivoX and not have it show up in the dock? That's my only reason for not keeping it running 24/7. I like to have a minimalist dock. I didn't see anything in the config file for it.
Create a new file calling it "pyTivo.plist" with the following code

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
    <key>KeepAlive</key>
    <true/>
    <key>Label</key>
    <string>pyTivo</string>
    <key>ProgramArguments</key>
    <array>
        <string>python</string>
        <string>/Applications/pyTivo/pyTivo.py</string>
    </array>
    <key>RunAtLoad</key>
    <true/>
</dict>
</plist>
Modify the string with the file location of your pyTivo folder then save this plist file and place it in "/Library/LaunchDaemons" folder. Restart the computer and after login you will have an invisible pyTivo process. It is a KeepAlive process so if it crashes it automatically restarts. If you need to restart the pyTivo process then kill the python process running under 'All Processes' using the Activity Monitor app (or using the pyTivo web access page)



Edit: I read your post wrong and thought you were talking just about pyTivo. So using the above works only if you decide to run pyTivo standalone without pyTivoX. Sorry

Last edited by Iluvatar : 08-20-2010 at 07:17 AM. Reason: misread OP
Iluvatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 10:46 AM   #2877
psywzrd
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvatar View Post
You need to upgrade to rdian06's latest FFmpeg 1.01 release from here or if you are using macports upgrade to the latest FFmpeg-devel package. This more than likely will fix your MKV transfer issues.
What exactly do I need to do? I downloaded the zip file and opened it up and it's a folder with a bunch of files in it. Do I need to copy those files somewhere?
psywzrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 11:13 AM   #2878
Iluvatar
Registered User
 
Iluvatar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 377
Quote:
Originally Posted by psywzrd View Post
What exactly do I need to do? I downloaded the zip file and opened it up and it's a folder with a bunch of files in it. Do I need to copy those files somewhere?
Those are all the current files necessary to make FFmpeg work. You copy all the files over to where FFmpeg is stored currently by pyTivo or pyTivoX and your config file points to ffmpeg.bin. It should just be drag and drop replacement.

If you tell me whether you have the pyTivoX app or just the regular pyTivo scripts I can help you more specifically on where to place the files.
Iluvatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 12:12 PM   #2879
psywzrd
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvatar View Post
Those are all the current files necessary to make FFmpeg work. You copy all the files over to where FFmpeg is stored currently by pyTivo or pyTivoX and your config file points to ffmpeg.bin. It should just be drag and drop replacement.

If you tell me whether you have the pyTivoX app or just the regular pyTivo scripts I can help you more specifically on where to place the files.
I believe I just have the pytivox app (1.3) but I'm not 100% sure. How I can I definitively tell if I have the app or the scripts?
psywzrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 01:08 PM   #2880
Iluvatar
Registered User
 
Iluvatar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 377
Quote:
Originally Posted by psywzrd View Post
I believe I just have the pytivox app (1.3) but I'm not 100% sure. How I can I definitively tell if I have the app or the scripts?
If you are running pyTivoX to access your media files on the TiVo then thats what you have. pyTivoX is just a frontend that allows easy configuration and access to both pyTivo and StreamBaby which are normally separate programs.


To replace the FFmpeg that pyTivoX uses:

-Make sure pyTivoX is no longer running
-Download rdian06's latest OS X FFmpeg binaries (for x86 or PPC) here
-Extract the files from the updated FFmpeg file you downloaded.
-Navigate to the location your pyTivoX app is stored
-Right click on the application and select "Show Package Contents", an new window will open showing the files that make up pyTivoX
-In the window that opened navigate to /Contents/Resources/
-Drag and drop the new FFmpeg files onto this window. It will ask you if you want to replace the existing files, say yes.

That's all it takes to upgrade your FFmpeg. If you have any new issues after this post here. Since pyTivoX is no longer updated I am uncertain what version of pyTivo the app is running and it may need to have those files updated as well to run the latest FFmpeg.

Last edited by Iluvatar : 08-29-2010 at 09:49 PM. Reason: added download link
Iluvatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Forum Jump




Thread Tools


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Advertisements

TiVo Community
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media

(C) 2013 Magenium Solutions - All Rights Reserved. No information may be posted elsewhere without written permission.
TiVoŽ is a registered trademark of TiVo Inc. This site is not owned or operated by TiVo Inc.
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:32 PM.
OUR NETWORK: MyOpenRouter | TechLore | SansaCommunity | RoboCommunity | MediaSmart Home | Explore3DTV | Dijit Community | DVR Playground |