TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 06-06-2010, 10:26 AM   #2071
phdeez

Is there a setting in streambaby where I can adjust the 1.1G buffer? I have a hacked TivoHD with a 1hr buffer (via bufferhack) and if I watch the same show at the same 5000kb bitrate the buffer fills to approx. 30mins before a 'rebuffer' occurs on a non-hacked Tivo Premiere and the hacked TivoHD.

Although it sounds odd, it seems streambaby is sending the 1.1G of data to the Tivos and stopping, or, am I just wrong? I guess I'm trying to understand why both Tivos buffer to the same point if one of them has double the buffer size.
phdeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 10:47 PM   #2072
kearygriffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by phdeez View Post
Is there a setting in streambaby where I can adjust the 1.1G buffer? I have a hacked TivoHD with a 1hr buffer (via bufferhack) and if I watch the same show at the same 5000kb bitrate the buffer fills to approx. 30mins before a 'rebuffer' occurs on a non-hacked Tivo Premiere and the hacked TivoHD.

Although it sounds odd, it seems streambaby is sending the 1.1G of data to the Tivos and stopping, or, am I just wrong? I guess I'm trying to understand why both Tivos buffer to the same point if one of them has double the buffer size.
There is no setting in Streambaby to set the buffer size-- Streambaby just keeps on sending data until the TiVo tells it the buffer is full (and has no control over the setting the buffer size).

My guess is that standard display buffer is different than the streaming buffer, and bufferhack only affects the standard display buffer.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
kearygriffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 12:33 AM   #2073
phdeez

Quote:
Originally Posted by kearygriffin View Post
My guess is that standard display buffer is different than the streaming buffer, and bufferhack only affects the standard display buffer.
Good call, I'll see what I can do to adjust that. Thanks for the idea!
phdeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 04:21 PM   #2074
Nomad

Compiling SVN?

I am trying to use the latest version from SVN. I found the checkout, downloaded it but don't see instructions to build/make it. I don't see any on the main page either.

I'm also finding I can't transcode it using the ffmpeg in Jaunty and the default ffmpeg configuration either. Any help?
Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 04:51 PM   #2075
kearygriffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
I am trying to use the latest version from SVN. I found the checkout, downloaded it but don't see instructions to build/make it. I don't see any on the main page either.
You can just run 'ant' to build it, and then you can run it with ./streambaby

You can also just download and extract the latest build from the front page and run ./streambaby -- I don't think there is a lot changed in the SVN version.

Quote:
I'm also finding I can't transcode it using the ffmpeg in Jaunty and the default ffmpeg configuration either. Any help?
I'm not sure I understand what you mean-- Could you be more specific? I can say I've run streambaby with Hardy through Lucid without any issues.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-09-2010, 07:52 PM   #2076
superflysocal

Love this program, but I have a few request for help.

Running version 0.29

If I run the program directly by running streambaby.bat, i can use mapped network drives.

If i run it as a service, i cannot use networked drives. In the wiki this is a solution or workaraound:
"if you open up your computer's services and find the streambaby service. Open the properties and then goto the Log On tab. There is an option to specify which account the service uses. Just change it to an account that has privileges at the network location where your videos are. I run mine in this way and it works just fine. "
However, i tried using the current user and it doesn't work, gives me an error that I have invalid username or password. thing is it is correct username but that user does not have a password (nor do i want it to have one). any idea to get networked drives to work without user account with password?

Issue#2:
I have many mp4 encoded with multichannel aac. Problem with those is that you will hear no vocals because tivo has issues with decoding the correct center channel. Without manually transcoding the file, i could just tell streambaby to use a different quality setting which forces it to transcode audio to 2 channel (i think), and the end result is normal vocals heard. However, i don't like that I have to force it to a lower quality setting. Is there a way to force an audio transcode while leaving the video alone?

Last edited by superflysocal : 06-09-2010 at 07:59 PM.
superflysocal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 08:05 PM   #2077
kearygriffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by superflysocal View Post
However, i tried using the current user and it doesn't work, gives me an error that I have invalid username or password. thing is it is correct username but that user does not have a password (nor do i want it to have one). any idea to get networked drives to work without user account with password?
I don't run windows as my main operating system, but I vaguely remember when I was first testing this I ended up creating a second user with a password to make it work. There are probably other, better ways, but I'm not sure what they are.

Quote:
Issue#2:
I have many mp4 encoded with multichannel aac. Problem with those is that you will hear no vocals because tivo has issues with decoding the right center channel. Without manually transcoding the file, i could just tell streambaby to use a different quality setting which forces it to transcode audio to 2 channel (i think), and the end result is normal vocals heard. However, i don't like that I have to force it to a lower quality setting. Is there a way to force an audio transcode while leaving the video alone?
There is no way to just transcode just the audio when streaming MP4 files. MP4 files can't be (at least as far as formats the TiVo supports) transcoded on the fly because of the format of the MP4 container. It needs to know exact positions of the audio/video frames in the file, and that can't be determined until the entire file has been transcoded. This is why all transcodes (including when you change the quality) transcode into MPEG-2.

I haven't tried it in a while, but you can set:
transcode.force=true

in streambaby.ini to force streambaby to transcode everything into an MPEG-2 stream. This should attempt to transcode the MP4 into an MPEG-2 of equivalent quality.

Old 06-09-2010, 08:28 PM   #2078
superflysocal

Quote:
Originally Posted by kearygriffin View Post
I don't run windows as my main operating system, but I vaguely remember when I was first testing this I ended up creating a second user with a password to make it work. There are probably other, better ways, but I'm not sure what they are.

There is no way to just transcode just the audio when streaming MP4 files. MP4 files can't be (at least as far as formats the TiVo supports) transcoded on the fly because of the format of the MP4 container. It needs to know exact positions of the audio/video frames in the file, and that can't be determined until the entire file has been transcoded. This is why all transcodes (including when you change the quality) transcode into MPEG-2.

I haven't tried it in a while, but you can set:
transcode.force=true

in streambaby.ini to force streambaby to transcode everything into an MPEG-2 stream. This should attempt to transcode the MP4 into an MPEG-2 of equivalent quality.
I get what you are saying, but i can't seem to select to quality setting close to the original I would have to bump it down a level.
Example:
W/o the transcode.force=true, the "Same" quality is Medium around 2700, to get it to transcode i chose medium low, but result is not that great.
If i set transcode.force=true, then i can chose highest, high, medium high, medium, medium low etc. If I chose medium or medium high, or anything higher, it doesn't appear to trancode and thus no vocals. How do i force to trancode at the same bitrate or higher than the movie's bitrate?
Old 06-09-2010, 08:55 PM   #2079
kearygriffin

Quote:
I get what you are saying, but i can't seem to select to quality setting close to the original I would have to bump it down a level.
Example:
W/o the transcode.force=true, the "Same" quality is Medium around 2700, to get it to transcode i chose medium low, but result is not that great.
If i set transcode.force=true, then i can chose highest, high, medium high, medium, medium low etc. If I chose medium or medium high, or anything higher, it doesn't appear to trancode and thus no vocals. How do i force to trancode at the same bitrate or higher than the movie's bitrate?
I think what may be happening is that streambaby at the lower quality not only forces lower bitrates for audio/video, but also makes the audio stereo instead of 5.1 (or whatever).

I think this might(?) fix it:
Code:
ffmpegexe.transcode.sameqargs=-sameq -ab 192k -ar ${asamplerate} -ac 2
quality.2channel=7
The first line adds the "-ac 2" parameter to force stereo when using same quality transcoding, and the second tells streambaby to force two channels when transcoding anything below or equal to quality level 7 (which is highest...)

Old 06-09-2010, 09:44 PM   #2080
superflysocal

I already had that second line, just added the first ...hope it works, thanks (fingers crossed)

As for my networked drive issue, the reason i don't want to add a second account with password is that if i do, when I boot up machine it will ask for username and password...which I hate. I like to just walk away if i need to reboot and come back later when it is done, don't like to wait for the plogin screen before I walk away.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:59 PM   #2081
superflysocal

still didn't work, still not transcoding at medium or higher settings.
Old 06-09-2010, 10:23 PM   #2082
kearygriffin

Quote:
still didn't work, still not transcoding at medium or higher settings.
Sorry, running out of ideas-- Could you turn on debug and then try to stream something at a higher bitrate that doesn't work for you? If you could find the line that shows the ffmpeg command line it is using (if any) it could help.

I'm still not 100% sure if it is transcoding but the audio isn't working, or if it is transcoding. From looking at the code it should always transcode if transcode.force is true.

Old 06-10-2010, 08:05 AM   #2083
superflysocal

in th elog file, this is what i notice:
when streaming at same or higher bitrate i get this line:

PHP Code:
VideoModuleHelperquality setting is above quality of videostreaming normally 
when i go lower i get this:

PHP Code:
06/10/10 07:15:44 VideoModuleHelperBitrate for quality2157
/10/10 07:15:44 FFmpegExeVideoModuleUsing ffmpeg transcode args: -acodec ac3 -vcodec mpeg2video -f vob -async 1 -r 23.976 -v 0 -threads 1 -bufsize 4096k -b 2008k -maxrate 8000k -ab 160k -s 800x448 -ar 48000 -ac 2
/10/10 07:15:44 FFmpegExeVideoModuleFFmpegCmdC:Download_VistaTivoStreambabystreambaby-0.29nativeffmpeg.exe -ss 0.0 -i Q:discAzareusAlice in Wonderland 2010 BRRip 720p H264-3LiAlice in Wonderland.mp4 -acodec ac3 -vcodec mpeg2video -f vob -async 1 -r 23.976 -v 0 -threads 1 -bufsize 4096k -b 2008k -maxrate 8000k -ab 160k -s 800x448 -ar 48000 -ac 2 tcp://127.0.0.1:8500 
intersetingly, with debug on, it did not stream the file when using lower bitrate than the movie's...ie i get a blank black screen.
Old 07-10-2010, 10:46 AM   #2084
BrianVeg

I am trying to move my Streambaby app from win7 64bit to WHS - Vail. I am able to get the service to run and it is recognized on my Tivo - but when it tries to pull the video directory the Tivo sits there with "Please Wait" and never returns the directory structure.

Any ideas?
BrianVeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 02:07 PM   #2085
BrianVeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianVeg View Post
I am trying to move my Streambaby app from win7 64bit to WHS - Vail. I am able to get the service to run and it is recognized on my Tivo - but when it tries to pull the video directory the Tivo sits there with "Please Wait" and never returns the directory structure.

Any ideas?
I figured it out. WHS by default blocks all incoming connections. I created a rule in the Windows FW to allow inbound TCP connections to Port 7290 on the Private Network (LAN). Don't remember having to do that on W7.

It appears that Streambaby works great on WHS v2 or VAIL. I will post again if I find anything else.
BrianVeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 06:39 PM   #2086
Sicklybutsexy

Would it be possible in streambaby for there to be an options of sending an mkv file to a bat file so that it could be remuxed into an mp4? I think it would be a good option considering those pesky mkv's that get converted to mpeg-2 and take forever to transfer over.
Sicklybutsexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 09:28 PM   #2087
orangeboy
yes, I AM orangeboy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicklybutsexy View Post
Would it be possible in streambaby for there to be an options of sending an mkv file to a bat file so that it could be remuxed into an mp4? I think it would be a good option considering those pesky mkv's that get converted to mpeg-2 and take forever to transfer over.
Why not just send the mkv file to the bat before hand?

orangeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 01:42 PM   #2088
lew

I searched this thread and read the wiki section listing streambaby.ini options and can't find an answer

Is there a way to remove the delete from hard drive option? I'd rather not let other family members delete a video from my PC. They may incorrectly think I already viewed it or incorrectly think I won't want to watch it again. Hard drives are cheap.
lew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 02:57 PM   #2089
Hyrax

Lew-
I'm confused. My videos are not deleted from my PC's hard drive after I watch them on the Tivo or even after I copy them to the Tivo. I do not even see a StreamBaby option for 'Delete from Harddrive', but then again I'm not exactly sure what you're describing.

Where are the videos stored that you don't want deleted? If they're on the Tivo, then deleting them will just remove them from the Tivo and not touch what's on your PC.
Hyrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 08:07 AM   #2090
lew

I'm describing the delete from hard drive option which deletes the program from your hard drive (on your PC). I'm not sure when this option was added. You're either using an old version of streambaby or didn't notice the option.
lew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 08:31 AM   #2091
Hyrax

You're right - I didn't notice. You might try making the PC files read only and see if that protects them.
Hyrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 06:18 PM   #2092
Sicklybutsexy

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeboy View Post
Why not just send the mkv file to the bat before hand?
Becuase I don't need to convert every mkv. I'd rather not convert every mkv I have, only convert those that need converting.
Old 07-13-2010, 07:29 PM   #2093
orangeboy
yes, I AM orangeboy!

Quote:
Becuase I don't need to convert every mkv. I'd rather not convert every mkv I have, only convert those that need converting.
Gotcha. This thread may be of interest to you then: http://tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/sho...d.php?t=448424

Old 07-13-2010, 08:19 PM   #2094
Sicklybutsexy

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeboy View Post
Gotcha. This thread may be of interest to you then: http://tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/sho...d.php?t=448424
I appreciate it. You've really done a fine job with that bat file. I was wondering though if it were possible to integrate the batch file into streambaby. IE, an option in streambaby to convert it to mp4 and send it over. Is that what the pytivo push feature is about?
Old 07-13-2010, 09:17 PM   #2095
Sicklybutsexy

Also, why does it convert the audio if you have a compatible ac3 of 448 kbps to aac?
Old 07-13-2010, 09:35 PM   #2096
orangeboy
yes, I AM orangeboy!

Quote:
I appreciate it. You've really done a fine job with that bat file. I was wondering though if it were possible to integrate the batch file into streambaby. IE, an option in streambaby to convert it to mp4 and send it over. Is that what the pytivo push feature is about?
I'm not aware of a Streambaby option such as that (but there are quite a few), but the bat file does make an mkv file into a compatible format that both Streambaby and pyTivo doesn't have to transcode before streaming or transferring to the TiVo.

Old 07-14-2010, 01:48 PM   #2097
bluehz

Streambaby won't play native iPhone 4 HD video

I have pulled an HD video straight off my iPhone 4 - no processing whatsoever but it will not play with my working copy of streambaby. I'm hoping its a simple issue or someone can offer some advice. See mediainfo below:

Code:
General
Complete name                    : IMG_0005.mp4
Format                           : MPEG-4
Format profile                   : QuickTime
Codec ID                         : qt  
File size                        : 4.76 MiB
Duration                         : 3s 691ms
Overall bit rate                 : 10.8 Mbps
Encoded date                     : UTC 2010-07-04 23:38:33
Tagged date                      : UTC 2010-07-04 23:38:37
Writing application              : 4.0
Writing library                  : Apple QuickTime
Model                            : iPhone
                                 : +27.3170-082.5355+014.141/
Make                             : Apple

Video
ID                               : 1
Format                           : AVC
Format/Info                      : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile                   : Baseline@L3.1
Format settings, CABAC           : No
Format settings, ReFrames        : 1 frame
Codec ID                         : avc1
Codec ID/Info                    : Advanced Video Coding
Duration                         : 3s 670ms
Bit rate mode                    : Variable
Bit rate                         : 10.8 Mbps
Width                            : 1 280 pixels
Height                           : 720 pixels
Display aspect ratio             : 16/9
Frame rate mode                  : Variable
Frame rate                       : 29.970 fps
Minimum frame rate               : 28.571 fps
Maximum frame rate               : 31.579 fps
Resolution                       : 24 bits
Colorimetry                      : 4:2:0
Scan type                        : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame)               : 0.391
Stream size                      : 4.73 MiB (99%)
Title                            : Core Media Video

Audio
ID                               : 2
Format                           : AAC
Format/Info                      : Advanced Audio Codec
Format version                   : Version 4
Format profile                   : LC
Format settings, SBR             : No
Codec ID                         : 40
Duration                         : 3s 691ms
Bit rate mode                    : Constant
Bit rate                         : 63.6 Kbps
Nominal bit rate                 : 64.0 Kbps
Channel(s)                       : 1 channel
Channel positions                : C
Sampling rate                    : 44.1 KHz
Resolution                       : 16 bits
Stream size                      : 28.7 KiB (1%)
Title                            : Core Media Audio

bluehz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 08:15 AM   #2098
FlipperJ

I know it's in here somewhere

Hi guys! Sorry to jump in but I'm having some problems finding an answer for this probably simple but annoying problem: no matter what settings I seem to use to transcode my m4v/mp4's for streaming (handbrake) TiVo is stretching the picture vertically so people are a bit skinny. It's not horrible but it's noticeably.

I've searched for days through the 'community' and tried different fixes but nothing works, in fact I think I've caused TiVo to transcode what were native files so streaming is slower and still out of aspect for most of my movies. I suspect there's an answer posted somewhere but could someone be so kind as to point me in the right direction?

I'm so close - Streambaby is awesome - but the widescreen thing is a deal-breaker.

Thanks!
Flipper
Old 07-15-2010, 10:58 AM   #2099
PoobBubes

I just installed pyTivoX on my iMac (10.6.4). The pyTivo part works fine, but no matter what I try I cannot get StreamBaby to show up on the Tivo (Premiere). Does anyone know some things to try? I have tried to open a port in my router and I have manually set the ip in streambaby.ini to my pc's ip address. Are there any other thing I can try?
PoobBubes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 11:22 PM   #2100
Phantom Gremlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlipperJ View Post
I'm so close - Streambaby is awesome - but the widescreen thing is a deal-breaker.
I don't use Streambaby. But since nobody else has jumped in ...

You've given people very little information to go on. Here are some questions or ideas that might help:
  • SD or HD?
  • which TiVo?
  • component output? HDMI?
  • have you locked your TiVo output to a particular format such as 720P?
  • are you using the latest Handbrake, or still on 0.9.4?
  • where are the Handbrake settings coming from? Is that something that Streambaby controls directly? Handbrake is very highly configurable.
  • what happens when you toggle the "Aspect" button on your remote?
  • what happens when you change aspect ratios on your TV?
  • when you use VLC to display your videos on your PC or Mac, is the aspect ratio OK?
If you can't get any help here, I suggest you read everything you can on handbrake.fr and then try their forums. Also, have you carefully studied the streambaby wiki and getting started pages, etc?
Phantom Gremlin is offline   Reply With Quote