TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 06-14-2010, 09:11 PM   #2401
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by richklein View Post
Im not running the latest version. Do I just download & unzip over the old version?

My file sizes are over 10gb so i think its getting the right .tivo file.

EDIT: I did install the latest version & I copied my config.ini file over & I ended up with:

>> Running qsfix on H:\Pytivo\Toy Story (06_13_2010).mpg ...
C:\Windows\system32\cscript.exe //nologo C:\Users\Rich\AppData\Local\Temp\VRD5701556855928452129.vbs "H:\Pytivo\Toy Story (06_13_2010).mpg" "H:\Pytivo\Toy Story (06_13_2010).mpg.qsfix" /l:C:\Users\Rich\AppData\Local\Temp\VRDLock880543025292224307 7.tmp
qsfix failed (exit code: 3 ) - check command: C:\Windows\system32\cscript.exe //nologo C:\Users\Rich\AppData\Local\Temp\VRD5701556855928452129.vbs "H:\Pytivo\Toy Story (06_13_2010).mpg" "H:\Pytivo\Toy Story (06_13_2010).mpg.qsfix" /l:C:\Users\Rich\AppData\Local\Temp\VRDLock880543025292224307 7.tmp
? Unable to open file/project: H:\Pytivo\Toy Story (06_13_2010).mpg
Why are you using QuickStream fix to convert to .MPG? Don't you using the decrypt option?

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 09:34 PM   #2402
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluefoggyday View Post
Hi,

Trying this out for the first time and can't get it to work. I keep getting the error below. I know the MAK ID is right and I got the IP from the TiVo itself (10.0.1.2). Not sure what I'm doing wrong. It won't let me post links so I had to remove parts of the error.

Refreshing encoding profiles
>> Getting Now Playing List from Living Room ...
/usr/bin/curl --anyauth --globoff --user tivo:MAK --insecure --cookie-jar /tmp/cookie7640648564336273834.tmp --//10.0.1.2/TiVoConnect?Command=QueryContainer&Container=/NowPlaying&Recurse=Yes&AnchorOffset=0[/] --output /tmp/NPL6758596382765385761.tmp
No rows selected
Failed to retrieve Now Playing List from Living Room
Exit code: 7
Check YOUR MAK & IP settings

curl: (7) couldn't connect to host
See if you can login with your browser using:
https://10.0.1.2 (note it's https and not http)
login = tivo
password = 10 digit MAK

If you just got your TiVo recently you need to be sure to enable TiVoToGo at tivo.com for your TiVo. If you already have done all that and problem persists a reboot usually fixes the problem.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 05:50 PM   #2403
epstewart

kmttg runs in bursts?

Hi,

I'm suddenly finding that kmttg (v0p7k) has begun to run in bursts on my Mac using OS X 10.5.8/Java 1.5.0_22. I'll see 3-4 seconds of activity interspersed with 10 seconds in which even the clock in the status window doesn't change.

I had this happen for the first time yesterday. I waited a long time for all jobs to complete and then quit kmttg and restarted it. I fired off some new jobs, at which time kmttg seemed to be working normally. After several hours, I came back to my Mac to find kmttg operating in bursts again.

I'm using kmttg to download and decrypt shows from a TiVo HD. I've used it extensively before without this odd behavior. Now this is twice in two days.

When the odd behavior happens, it affects downloads, decrypts, and/or both at once, if there are two jobs executing.

What could the problem/solution be? Thanks in advance ...
Old 06-17-2010, 11:25 AM   #2404
AudioNutz

During these "Bursts", what is happening in the "Activity Monitor"?
Old 06-18-2010, 09:01 AM   #2405
richklein

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
richklein, are you running latest version of pyTivo? If not you should install wmcbrine latest version. You can get latest zip file from here.
Hi,

I had to do a windows reinstall, so I am reinstalling everything, is that still the latest version?

Thanks,
Rich
richklein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 09:09 AM   #2406
moyekj

Quote:
Hi,

I had to do a windows reinstall, so I am reinstalling everything, is that still the latest version?

Thanks,
Rich
See here for list of all wmcbrine pyTivo versions (latest at top):
http://repo.or.cz/w/pyTivo/wmcbrine.git

Old 06-18-2010, 09:21 AM   #2407
epstewart

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudioNutz View Post
During these "Bursts", what is happening in the "Activity Monitor"?
Best I can tell from Activity Monitor, kmttg's subsidiary processes -- curl, tivodecode, etc. -- continue to execute normally. When curl is running, there seems to be an alternation in CPU activity between it and the parent kmttg process. It just looks like the parent process goes inactive for 10 seconds at a time, then is active for a few seconds, then goes inactive again, etc.

The situation comes and goes without rhyme or reason, and I can't make it happen whenever I want to. If it happens and I simply go away and come back some time later, it can have stopped happening. Quitting and restarting kmttg is not sure to prevent its recurrence. Neither shutting down and restarting the Mac, nor keeping other software from running alongside kmttg, is a sure way to avoid it. Restarting the TiVo being used as a source for downloads is no help.

I upgraded to the latest kmttg ("l") version ... no help.

It's not a major problem, but it does mean I can't always do things like change the kmttg configuration until a new "window of opportunity" arrives in 5 or 10 seconds.
Old 06-18-2010, 11:51 AM   #2408
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by epstewart View Post
It's not a major problem, but it does mean I can't always do things like change the kmttg configuration until a new "window of opportunity" arrives in 5 or 10 seconds.
I have not seen issues like that either on Windows or Linux platforms and I don't have a Mac to test on. Probably the major influence on that kind of thing is the version of Java you are using. You can find what version of java you have by executing:
java -version

Maybe compare version you are using to what AudioNutz has may provide some insight, but maybe not.

Old 06-18-2010, 04:16 PM   #2409
epstewart

Quote:
I have not seen issues like that either on Windows or Linux platforms and I don't have a Mac to test on. Probably the major influence on that kind of thing is the version of Java you are using. You can find what version of java you have by executing:
java -version

Maybe compare version you are using to what AudioNutz has may provide some insight, but maybe not.
Thanks, moyekj. I'm running Java 1.5.0_22. What about you, AudioNutz?
Old 06-18-2010, 04:28 PM   #2410
moyekj

Don't know if it's any help but on Windows and Linux the versions of Java I run are all 1.6.x. Unfortunately Mac software is usually way behind when it comes to Java so there may not be 1.6.x available for your OS.

Old 06-18-2010, 09:47 PM   #2411
Phantom Gremlin

I have a relatively up to date OS X 10.5.8 installation. The version of Java reported for that is "1.5.0_24". I have another Mac with a somewhat old OS X 10.6.3 installation (10.6.4 came out recently). The Java on that Mac is "1.6.0_20".

Either way, "1.5.0_22" is out of date. Software update is your friend!
Phantom Gremlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 10:59 PM   #2412
richklein

Im getting a few strange errors. I was trying to backup "Red Dawn", its HD:

SKIPPING METADATA GENERATION, FILE ALREADY EXISTS: H:\Pytivo\Red Dawn (06_11_2010).mpg.txt
SKIPPING DOWNLOAD, FILE ALREADY EXISTS: H:\Pytivo\Red Dawn (06_11_2010).TiVo
>> DECRYPTING H:\Pytivo\Red Dawn (06_11_2010).TiVo ...
C:\Users\User\Desktop\KMTTG\tivodecode\tivodecode.exe --mak MAK --out "H:\Pytivo\Red Dawn (06_11_2010).mpg" "H:\Pytivo\Red Dawn (06_11_2010).TiVo"
tivodecode failed (exit code: 10 ) - check command: C:\Users\User\Desktop\KMTTG\tivodecode\tivodecode.exe --mak MAK --out "H:\Pytivo\Red Dawn (06_11_2010).mpg" "H:\Pytivo\Red Dawn (06_11_2010).TiVo"
TiVo Private Data : Unmatched Stream ID: No error
ts_handle_tivo_private_data failed: No error
processing frame: No error
Encryption by QUALCOMM

Im a little confused. I see these as transfering as Tivo files. Did imess up something?
Old 06-18-2010, 11:09 PM   #2413
moyekj

Quote:
ts_handle_tivo_private_data failed: No error
Looks like you have TS Downloads enabled. As has been reported here TS downloads from Premiere units are very flaky and should not be used. TS downloads sometimes fail or tivodecode with TS support can't handle them properly. Turn off "Download TiVo files in Transport Stream format" (kmttg config Program Options tab) and re-download the TiVo files that tivodecode is failing on. Obviously you should delete or rename the files so that kmttg will re-download them.

Old 06-19-2010, 08:24 AM   #2414
richklein

Hrmm, unfortunately it looks like that option was already turned off by default. Should I reboot the premiere & PC I am using?
Old 06-19-2010, 09:34 AM   #2415
epstewart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom Gremlin View Post
I have a relatively up to date OS X 10.5.8 installation. The version of Java reported for that is "1.5.0_24". I have another Mac with a somewhat old OS X 10.6.3 installation (10.6.4 came out recently). The Java on that Mac is "1.6.0_20".

Either way, "1.5.0_22" is out of date. Software update is your friend!
Gremlin,

Thanks.

I updated Java today, using Software Update, and 'java -version' in Terminal shows that I now have Java version 1.5.0_24 on my Mac OS X 10.5.8 iMac. I was running 1.5.0_22 before. kmttg's main process/window is still experiencing bursts of seeming inactivity lasting several seconds at a time (though I think the sub-processes for its various "jobs" -- curl for doing downloads, tivodecode, etc. -- are running OK).

I have to assume that Java 1.6.n is not available unless I upgrade to Snow Leopard aka Mac OS X 10.6? Is that your understanding, too?

I'd like to ask moyekj if he thinks there's any chance that the weird burst-y behavior has to do with my loading up kmttg with a queue of waiting jobs. I'll try to check this out myself in due time, by starting with a clean slate and not loading up the queue beyond the "current" set of jobs -- I'm doing download-metadata-decrypt-custom, where the custom job is using ccextractor to extract closed captions as subtitles -- but I'm wondering if kmttg is continually checking to see whether any of its waiting jobs can be started, and somehow goes into a several-seconds-long "wait state" on my computer (for unknown reasons) whenever it does that. It seems to happen about every 5-15 seconds, roughly. I'm just thinking there may be a regularly occurring triggering event, an otherwise normal one of course, that triggers the wait state.

Also, could it have anything do do with "playing nice," which I take to mean running at a sufficiently low CPU priority and doing other things to avoid hogging the machine's resources?
Old 06-19-2010, 09:35 AM   #2416
bguild

Decrypt, QSfix command problems, Win7 64bit

Guys, I'm rather new to KMTTG, and have yet to be able to successfully decrypt, qsfix, adscan and reencode ANY HD .Tivo file. I am successful in communicating with both of my Tivos, obtaining the program list, and downloading programs. I was also able to encode Spongebob Squarepants Movie (don't ask...) which was originally broadcast in SD on Nickelodeon a few years ago.

For any HD programs both on my S3 and on my premier, I get various errors like: qsfix failed: check command, and can't find .MPG file. Seems to me, the decrypts are also failing with an err;-)or that says "Encryption by QUALCOMM ;-)" Shows are all being downloaded with the option for TS DISABLED... fyi.

Does anyone have any guidance here to get me beyond the hump? I checked this particular command below, and it turns out CSCRIPT cant find the VBS file referenced... because.... da da dum... it does not exist!!

Meanwhile, I have no idea what step is responsible for creating that VBS file, or how this works. For what it's worth, I am running a 15 day trial copy of TVSuite 5.

Here is an example command that is failing for QSFIX:

Quote:
C:\Windows\system32\cscript.exe //nologo C:\Users\ADMINI~1\AppData\Local\Temp\VRD6041749368950422544. vbs "C:\Data\TivoRecordings\World Cup Soccer - Group Stage Slovenia vs. United States (06_18_2010).Tivo" "C:\Data\TivoRecordings\World Cup Soccer - Group Stage Slovenia vs. United States (06_18_2010).mpg.qsfix" /l C:\Users\ADMINI~1\AppData\Local\Temp\VRDLock1653621676688065 36.tmp
Any thoughts? KMTTG appears to be configured correctly with Paths, etc.

thanks,

Brian
Attached Images
File Type: jpg QSFIX_error.jpg (85.9 KB, 7 views)
Old 06-19-2010, 10:42 AM   #2417
orangeboy
yes, I AM orangeboy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bguild View Post
Guys, I'm rather new to KMTTG, and have yet to be able to successfully decrypt, qsfix, adscan and reencode ANY HD .Tivo file. I am successful in communicating with both of my Tivos, obtaining the program list, and downloading programs. I was also able to encode Spongebob Squarepants Movie (don't ask...) which was originally broadcast in SD on Nickelodeon a few years ago.

For any HD programs both on my S3 and on my premier, I get various errors like: qsfix failed: check command, and can't find .MPG file. Seems to me, the decrypts are also failing with an err;-)or that says "Encryption by QUALCOMM ;-)" Shows are all being downloaded with the option for TS DISABLED... fyi.

Does anyone have any guidance here to get me beyond the hump? I checked this particular command below, and it turns out CSCRIPT cant find the VBS file referenced... because.... da da dum... it does not exist!!

Meanwhile, I have no idea what step is responsible for creating that VBS file, or how this works. For what it's worth, I am running a 15 day trial copy of TVSuite 5.

thanks,

Brian
I can't help you with much, but the missing .vbs is a temp copy of the vp.vbs delivered by VideoReDo. I am uncertain why it is called in such a way, and not called outright given that kmttg knows the location of VRD. I'm sure there is a reason though!

orangeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 11:28 AM   #2418
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by bguild View Post

thanks,

Brian
With your setup you have "Decrypt using VideoRedo instead of tivodecode" option enabled under VideoRedo settings. Note that this only works if you have at least a partial TiVo Desktop installation. Try turning that option off and kmttg will use tivodecode instead for the decrypt. If that fails as well then that probably means you have a bad/incomplete downloaded .TiVo file. Try it on a different show or re-download the show and make sure there aren't any download errors.

For VRD temporary vbs file kmttg creates a custom one of its own (it does not use standard ones under VRD installation because there are some extra things being done with kmttg not in standard ones) and then removes it once the command completes running, so it's perfectly normal that file is not there after VRD run completes - it's by design.

Old 06-19-2010, 11:43 AM   #2419
orangeboy
yes, I AM orangeboy!

Quote:
...For VRD temporary vbs file kmttg creates a custom one of its own (it does not use standard ones under VRD installation because there are some extra things being done with kmttg not in standard ones) and then removes it once the command completes running, so it's perfectly normal that file is not there after VRD run completes - it's by design.
Thanks for the clarification. I figured there had to be a reason!

Old 06-19-2010, 04:06 PM   #2420
Phantom Gremlin

Quote:
Gremlin,

Thanks.

I updated Java today, using Software Update, and 'java -version' in Terminal shows that I now have Java version 1.5.0_24 on my Mac OS X 10.5.8 iMac. I was running 1.5.0_22 before. kmttg's main process/window is still experiencing bursts of seeming inactivity lasting several seconds at a time (though I think the sub-processes for its various "jobs" -- curl for doing downloads, tivodecode, etc. -- are running OK).

I have to assume that Java 1.6.n is not available unless I upgrade to Snow Leopard aka Mac OS X 10.6? Is that your understanding, too?
I just did Software Update again and my 10.5.8 system also still has Java 1.5.0_24. So I don't think you can "officially" get to Java 1.6 w/o upgrading to Snow Leopard. There may be some unofficial ways of updating just the Java software in your computer, but that's way beyond my OS X hacking abilities, so I can't advise you about that.
Old 06-19-2010, 07:39 PM   #2421
epstewart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom Gremlin View Post
I just did Software Update again and my 10.5.8 system also still has Java 1.5.0_24. So I don't think you can "officially" get to Java 1.6 w/o upgrading to Snow Leopard. There may be some unofficial ways of updating just the Java software in your computer, but that's way beyond my OS X hacking abilities, so I can't advise you about that.
Gremlin,

Thanks. Does kmttg using Java 1.5.0_24 on your 10.5.8 system have any issues like I'm experiencing with short bursts of activity interspersed with unexplained "dropouts" in responsiveness, etc.?

Today I restarted kmttg from scratch and told it to save metadata, download, decrypt, and extract closed captions for a 9 GB recording on a TiVo Premiere that uses a wireless-N network connection. This was at 10:37 AM. It's now 8:34 PM and the decryption job is crawling along, about 2/3 done. The download took over 5 hrs., from 10:37 AM to 3:59 PM!

I did not have any other kmttg jobs queued during this entire time.

I'm pulling my hair out ... all this used to work fine.

I'm tempted to do a clean install of OS X 10.5 next and see whether my problem gets cleared up by that!
Old 06-19-2010, 08:43 PM   #2422
moyekj

Sounds to me like you have disk I/O problems. If you take that 9GB recording and copy it to a different file name on same disk does it also take much longer than you would expect?

Old 06-20-2010, 10:06 AM   #2423
epstewart

Quote:
Sounds to me like you have disk I/O problems. If you take that 9GB recording and copy it to a different file name on same disk does it also take much longer than you would expect?
moyekj,

Excellent guess!

I am currently trying making a duplicate of my 9GB file to the same external drive. It's taking roughly 50-60 minutes to wrap up. I calculate its overall transfer rate at about 3MB per second -- though of course it is reading and writing data, so maybe I should double that.

Whether or not I double it, it's way below the nominal 480MB/sec of USB 2.0, which is the interface the external drive uses.

I need to look into what's wrong here. I've got five external hard drives (and a printer and SoundSticks) on two 4-way USB 2.0 hubs hooked to my Mac. One of the hubs is new, as is one of the drives. Three of the drives, including the newest one, are e-SATA drives sitting in BlacX docking stations. This general arrangement has been working fine for me, but maybe the new hub, or drive, or docking station has caused something to break. Further experimentation is in order, after which I'll report back ...

Edit: OK, I found out what the problem was. Oops ... I was nearly out of space on the external drive! Any time I would try to use that drive, kmttg would have short bursts of activity interspersed with longer periods of non-responsiveness. I didn't notice how low on drive space I was, nor did I notice that kmttg has a config setting for Min Requested Space (GB) that, had I been using it, would have alerted me to the situation.

Thanks for your excellent input!

Last edited by epstewart : 06-22-2010 at 03:20 AM. Reason: Add information
epstewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 08:13 PM   #2424
AudioNutz

Quote:
Edit: OK, I found out what the problem was. Oops ... I was nearly out of space on the external drive! Any time I would try to use that drive, kmttg would have short bursts of activity interspersed with longer periods of non-responsiveness. I didn't notice how low on drive space I was, nor did I notice that kmttg has a config setting for Min Requested Space (GB) that, had I been using it, would have alerted me to the situation.

Thanks for your excellent input!
I'm so glad that you've got it sorted! It's summer here, so I have not been able to spend time on this. I was going to report back that I have a "Leopard Server" running Mac OS X 10.5.8, with Java 1.5.0_22, and then I've also got a "Snow Leopard Server" running Mac OS X 10.6.0, with Java 1.6.0_15.

I was also going to have you quit everything that has to do with kmttg, and try the curl command by itself, to see if that raises your issue to the surface again. (It would have ruled out kmttg and the distributed pieces, since curl is embedded in the OS)

The other thing I would have mentioned is that I'm still back on the "j" version of kmttg... (For the same reason above, it's summer and I haven't got much time to fool with this.)
Old 06-23-2010, 12:01 PM   #2425
epstewart

Quote:
I'm so glad that you've got it sorted! It's summer here, so I have not been able to spend time on this. I was going to report back that I have a "Leopard Server" running Mac OS X 10.5.8, with Java 1.5.0_22, and then I've also got a "Snow Leopard Server" running Mac OS X 10.6.0, with Java 1.6.0_15.

I was also going to have you quit everything that has to do with kmttg, and try the curl command by itself, to see if that raises your issue to the surface again. (It would have ruled out kmttg and the distributed pieces, since curl is embedded in the OS)

The other thing I would have mentioned is that I'm still back on the "j" version of kmttg... (For the same reason above, it's summer and I haven't got much time to fool with this.)
Thanks for your concern and input, AudioNutz. Actually, I was not aware that curl can be executed in standalone fashion! That's what comes of not looking hard enough at the messages output by kmttg. Right at this moment there's the following message showing a curl call by kmttg:

Code:
/usr/bin/curl --anyauth --globoff --user tivo:MAK --insecure --cookie-jar /tmp/cookie2423857590188571200.tmp --url http://10.0.1.7:80/download/The%20Story%20of%20India.TiVo?Container=%2FNowPlaying&id=1601172 --output "/Volumes/Hitachi 2TB Drive/Downloads/The Story of India - Beginnings (06_11_2010).TiVo"
I'm not sure what all those options do, but clearly --url specifies the URL of the particular TiVo file I'm downloading, complete with the IP address my TiVo is currently using, 10.0.1.7. --output gives where the output .TiVo file is to be put. --user tivo:MAK gets filled in, I assume, with my media access key.

Anyway, I've learned my lesson: pay attention to how low on space my destination hard drive is getting!

Cheers,
Old 06-23-2010, 01:35 PM   #2426
AudioNutz

This is really strange, because the versions of kmttg that I use have an automagic check to see if the drive space is low. Maybe this is just for "Auto" tasks...
Old 06-23-2010, 02:12 PM   #2427
Phantom Gremlin

Quote:
The problem has been solved, so this is a suggestion for others who may stumble upon this thread when searching ...

In addition to curl, one other technique is to use a browser to go directly to https:<tivo_ip_address> and download that way. IIRC the username should be tivo and the password should be your MAK.

The idea is that when more complicated programs like kmttg have problems, try simpler techniques, it makes troubleshooting easier.
Old 06-24-2010, 01:02 PM   #2428
epstewart

Suggestion for how to improve kmttg ....

I've noticed that kmttg removes the punctuation marks from the title of recordings it downloads -- apostrophes, question marks, and so on. I wonder whether there shouldn't be a config option to prevent this? It's a pain putting the punctuation marks back in, and, after all, only ':' isn't allowed in file names. Thanks for listening ...
Old 06-24-2010, 01:59 PM   #2429
orangeboy
yes, I AM orangeboy!

Quote:
...It's a pain putting the punctuation marks back in, and, after all, only ':' isn't allowed in file names...
Unless you are running Windows...

Old 06-24-2010, 03:00 PM   #2430
epstewart

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeboy View Post
Unless you are running Windows...
I'm on a Mac. The situation with Windows is why I suggest that leaving punctuation characters as is ought to be user-configurable. Or, alternatively, kmttg could check to see what operating system it's running on, and act accordingly ...