TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-26-2010, 08:48 AM   #2251
richklein

Thanks for getting back to me. I will play with the folder's shortly.

I was getting an error regarding pushing files back to the Tivo. I am running Pytivo (which works) on the same machine as KMTTG. I am getting the following error (I also tried the IP for testing which also didnt work):

Code:
>> Pushing f:\Pytivo\Mickey Mouse Clubhouse - Super Goofs Super Puzzle (04_10_2010)_cut.mpg to Living Room
http://localhost:9032/TiVoConnect?Command=Push&Container=I7920&File=/Mickey+Mouse+Clubhouse+-+Super+Goofs+Super+Puzzle+%2804_10_2010%29_cut.mpg&tsn=Living+Room
Received unexpected response for: http://localhost:9032/TiVoConnect?Command=Push&Container=I7920&File=/Mickey+Mouse+Clubhouse+-+Super+Goofs+Super+Puzzle+%2804_10_2010%29_cut.mpg&tsn=Living+Room
Internal Server Error
I am really loving this program! BTW, whats the KM stand for in the KMTTG?

Thanks,
Rich

PyTivo Conf:

Code:
[Server]
port=9032
ffmpeg=C:\Program Files\pyTivo\bin\ffmpeg.exe
temp=C:\Users\Public\Documents\pyTivo
tivo_username=removed
tivo_password=removed

[_tivo_HD]

[_tivo_SD]

[I7920]
type=video
path=F:\Pytivo

[Admin]
type=admin

[loggers]
keys=root

[handlers]
keys=console,rotfile

[formatters]
keys=basicform

[logger_root]
level=DEBUG
handlers=console,rotfile

[handler_console]
class=StreamHandler
formatter=basicform
args=(sys.stdout,)

[handler_rotfile]
class=handlers.RotatingFileHandler
formatter=basicform
args=('C:\Users\Public\Documents\pyTivo\debug.log', 'a', 10485760, 5)

[formatter_basicform]
format=%(asctime)s %(levelname)-5s %(name)s: %(message)s

richklein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 10:03 AM   #2252
moyekj

richklein, are you running latest version of pyTivo? If not you should install wmcbrine latest version. You can get latest zip file from here.
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 11:59 PM   #2253
garrubal

Just started using kmttg. Big

I'm interested mostly in file transfers, and this is faster than Tivo Desktop (obviously), and also tytool, which I was using until recently. Additionally, tytool required the use of s3tots to convert the .ty files to .ts files, so that added a few minutes to the process.

I'll have to give the other features a try. Overall, it looks like a very professional job! Well done!
garrubal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 07:03 AM   #2254
richklein

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
richklein, are you running latest version of pyTivo? If not you should install wmcbrine latest version. You can get latest zip file from here.
Thanks, that did the trick & now I am in KMTTG heaven! Thanks so much!
richklein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 07:48 PM   #2255
JohnL88

I’ve been looking everywhere on the Tivo Community site and can’t find an answer. It looks like this is the right thread.

I’ve been trying to download a 20GB HD Video off my Series3 box. It keeps stopping at about 5 ½ GB. I looked at the partially downloaded file, then looked on the video on the TIVO. At that point, there is a 2-second pixelation. I tried downloading using Tivo Desktop 2.8, it stopped at the same stop. Then I tried to download directly from the https web address. Same thing. Is there any way to get the entire 20GB video off the box and onto my PC? It is driving me crazy! Thanks in advance.
JohnL88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 08:21 PM   #2256
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnL88 View Post
I’ve been looking everywhere on the Tivo Community site and can’t find an answer. It looks like this is the right thread.

I’ve been trying to download a 20GB HD Video off my Series3 box. It keeps stopping at about 5 ½ GB. I looked at the partially downloaded file, then looked on the video on the TIVO. At that point, there is a 2-second pixelation. I tried downloading using Tivo Desktop 2.8, it stopped at the same stop. Then I tried to download directly from the https web address. Same thing. Is there any way to get the entire 20GB video off the box and onto my PC? It is driving me crazy! Thanks in advance.
If you have more than 1 HD TiVo box you can use MRV to transfer from glitch point to other TiVo and then transfer that partial to your PC, and then join the two together on your PC using mpeg editor. Another potential solution is if the glitched recording is schedule to air again sometime soon then just record it again and then you can transfer that one. Don't know of any other good workarounds.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-28-2010, 09:22 PM   #2257
Stormspace
Electrocuted by TiVo

Quote:
Iíve been looking everywhere on the Tivo Community site and canít find an answer. It looks like this is the right thread.

Iíve been trying to download a 20GB HD Video off my Series3 box. It keeps stopping at about 5 Ĺ GB. I looked at the partially downloaded file, then looked on the video on the TIVO. At that point, there is a 2-second pixelation. I tried downloading using Tivo Desktop 2.8, it stopped at the same stop. Then I tried to download directly from the https web address. Same thing. Is there any way to get the entire 20GB video off the box and onto my PC? It is driving me crazy! Thanks in advance.
You sure it doesn't stop at 4gb? A fat32 formatted drive has a 4gb file size limit.
180hr S2

Stormspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 09:34 PM   #2258
Islanti

New to kmttg this week (despite living down the street from moyekj). I've been trying to read the thread for the past few weeks to avoid reporting duplicate issues. I believe the problems I'm seeing are known but I want to be sure.

I'm trying to use it to transfer some 720p episodes (Chuggington for the curious) from my Tivo Premiere XL into iTunes for playback in HD on my AppleTVs. Ideally I want to commercial cut these episodes. I've got kmttg setup on my Mac Mini which hosts the iTunes library for the AppleTVs.

I turned off TS and selected the hb_AppleTV profile in order to resolve some errors I had during my early attempts. Now I'm getting through kmttg OK but the output videos have several problems.
  1. In all videos I've converted (~12) the video stream dies about 10 minutes in. I assume this is the PS video stream truncation problem discussed previously? Everything after that point has audio but the screen remains black (including the controls oddly enough).
  2. When trying to sync to the AppleTVs they report the video cannot be played. The output file stats seem to be within the AppleTV specifications:
    960x544 resolution
    500-2000kbps bitrate
  3. The resulting file sizes seem awfully small. I'd expect a ~20 minute HD episode to be at least 500MiBy and these are coming out 100-300. Presumably because the video is truncated?
Is there something obvious I'm doing wrong?
Old 04-28-2010, 10:18 PM   #2259
moyekj

Islanti, do the decrypted mpeg2 files (i.e. before encoding) play OK on your Mac? You can also examine the mpeg2 and encoded m4v files using mediainfo to determine if both audio & video times look correct.
If the mpeg2 files look and play OK on your Mac then the issue is there are glitches in the mpeg2 recordings (pretty common for digital cable recordings) that need to be cleaned up before encoding to other format. The best tool for doing that is VideoRedo QuickStream Fix, but of course that's a Windows only tool... i.e. Ideally the flow needs to include VRD QS Fix step before you reach the encoding step.

Old 04-29-2010, 12:15 AM   #2260
Islanti

Quote:
Islanti, do the decrypted mpeg2 files (i.e. before encoding) play OK on your Mac? You can also examine the mpeg2 and encoded m4v files using mediainfo to determine if both audio & video times look correct.
If the mpeg2 files look and play OK on your Mac then the issue is there are glitches in the mpeg2 recordings (pretty common for digital cable recordings) that need to be cleaned up before encoding to other format. The best tool for doing that is VideoRedo QuickStream Fix, but of course that's a Windows only tool... i.e. Ideally the flow needs to include VRD QS Fix step before you reach the encoding step.
I'll check out the video information. I hadn't done so previously because I was using the commercial cut feature so the times would be off anyway.

Regardless mixing in Windows with the associated license costs and VM performance hit seems like a very poor option.

For me a better workflow is using kmttg just to copy and decrypt then Toast to convert from MPEG-2 to h.264 for AppleTV. My test video encoded fine via Toast where Handbrake broke 12 for 12. Some more testing required to be sure but it seems functional so far.

Of course the other benefit of Toast is the Elgato h.264 accelerator for faster encoding. That's very significant with the 2GHz Core 2 Duo I use to encode.

I'd use Toast entirely but it has a limitation on the resolution of converted Tivo files.
Old 04-29-2010, 12:21 PM   #2261
JohnL88

Thanks for the replies moyekj and Stormspace. I appreciate it.

I only have one HD Tivo box, the drive is ntfs, and the video will likely never be on again (football game). It is that stupid 2-second video glitch that is creating the problem. I wish there was a way to tell the transfer program to ignore the glitch and keep going. But it sounds like that is not possible. I was looking for anything: MRV to PC transfer; then some type of conversion program, etc. etc.

If anyone thinks of anything creative or any software that can help, please let me know. Thanks again.
Old 04-29-2010, 12:22 PM   #2262
txporter
One sec, almost done

Does Tivo Desktop let you transfer from paused point like you can do with MRV?
Series2 540 400GB Seagate DB35 (lifetime)
txporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 12:33 PM   #2263
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by txporter View Post
Does Tivo Desktop let you transfer from paused point like you can do with MRV?
No.

Old 04-29-2010, 01:06 PM   #2264
waynomo
My One Time

Quote:
Thanks for the replies moyekj and Stormspace. I appreciate it.

I only have one HD Tivo box, the drive is ntfs, and the video will likely never be on again (football game). It is that stupid 2-second video glitch that is creating the problem. I wish there was a way to tell the transfer program to ignore the glitch and keep going. But it sounds like that is not possible. I was looking for anything: MRV to PC transfer; then some type of conversion program, etc. etc.

If anyone thinks of anything creative or any software that can help, please let me know. Thanks again.
I had this same problem on a few videos over a year ago. (Glitch in program caused transfer to cease at that point.) I kept trying and eventually they transferred. (I don't know if all did, but I know most did.) It took at least three or four tries so keep trying.

You might try tuning to your TiVo to two channels that don't receive a signal. This should speed up the transfer process and might be enough to get past the glitch. Also, if wireless you might want to try using a wired connection which is a bit faster also. Seems like it is something you really want so would be worth the effort.

Do you have any friends with a TiVo HD? Bring your TiVo there and do the partial transfer as someone suggested. Or perhaps purchase a used one (eBay, Craigslist, forum on TCF), to do what you need to do and then sell it. Someone might even be willing to rent it to you for $20 or something like that.

Just out of curiosity, what football game?
waynomo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 01:14 PM   #2265
SoBayJake

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynomo View Post
Do you have any friends with a TiVo HD? Bring your TiVo there and do the partial transfer as someone suggested. Or perhaps purchase a used one (eBay, Craigslist, forum on TCF), to do what you need to do and then sell it. Someone might even be willing to rent it to you for $20 or something like that.
But you can only do MRV between TiVos on the same account, so they have the same MAK correct? If you put another TiVo on the network, they will see each other, but they will say there are no recordings when selected.

Nonunsed Series 2s
Series 3 - 1 TB drive (lifetime)
TiVo HD - 1 TB drive (lifetime)
Premiere XL (lifetime)
Verizon FiOS with CableCARDs
SoBayJake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 01:47 PM   #2266
waynomo
My One Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoBayJake View Post
But you can only do MRV between TiVos on the same account, so they have the same MAK correct? If you put another TiVo on the network, they will see each other, but they will say there are no recordings when selected.
Ah, that could be. . . . Has to be on the same account . . . I don't know.

I thought each TiVo had its own MAC.

If they have to be on the same account then it gets more complicated.
Old 04-29-2010, 02:27 PM   #2267
orangeboy
yes, I AM orangeboy!

Quote:
...I thought each TiVo had its own MAC...
MAC - Yes.
MAK - No.

orangeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 02:40 PM   #2268
videojanitor

Quote:
I only have one HD Tivo box, the drive is ntfs, and the video will likely never be on again (football game). It is that stupid 2-second video glitch that is creating the problem.
The same thing happened to me once and it was incredibly frustrating, so I feel your pain. I ended up transferring the video off using an external HD capture device (the Hauppauge HD PVR) -- the quality went down a notch, but it was the only way to do it. If somebody knows of another way, I'm all ears too ...
videojanitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 06:40 PM   #2269
Phantom Gremlin

Quote:

Okay, you sound desperate. First try the other suggestions people gave you, such as tuning to channels you don't receive, etc.

Here's my idea. Maybe the glitch isn't in the video as you received it, maybe it corresponds to a bad sector on your disk. So, get a 2nd drive the same size (check the FAQ for drives that work), remove the bad drive from the TiVo, use dd in Linux to make a bit for bit copy, then put the new drive into your TiVo. Then try the transfer again.

You will need to use options to dd, that's out of the scope for this response since I use OS X and not Linux. But you will need something like
conv=noerror
to keep from hanging up on the bad sector(s). And you will need something like
bs=1m
or your copy will take forever.

Edit: I have a DVD recorder, I used to use it quite a bit with the TiVo HD before I got into the TTG stuff. You can always play back the game via S-video to a DVD recorder. I've done that in the past and the results were by no means HD, but weren't bad at all. My DVD recorder happily recorded S-video that played back fine in 16:9 ratio when my TV was set to "full" mode. But YMMV with all that. If it were me, I'd go the DVD recorder route. HD is over-rated anyway.

Last edited by Phantom Gremlin : 04-29-2010 at 06:47 PM. Reason: added comments about DVD recorder
Phantom Gremlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 07:47 PM   #2270
waynomo
My One Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeboy View Post
MAC - Yes.
MAK - No.
Oops. I meant MAK. So if I get a second TiVo it will have the same MAK as my first? I.e. one MAK per account.
Old 04-29-2010, 07:58 PM   #2271
moyekj

Quote:
Oops. I meant MAK. So if I get a second TiVo it will have the same MAK as my first? I.e. one MAK per account.
Yes. You can't use Multi Room Viewing (MRV) between units unless that is the case.

Old 04-29-2010, 10:16 PM   #2272
JohnL88

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone. I'll let you know how it turns out.

And to the person that asked .... it was the Cowboys beating of the Eagles in the playoffs! Great game.
Old 04-29-2010, 11:53 PM   #2273
Test

Started using this program tonight and now I have a question. The download was fast, but the decrypt took 4 hours for a 1.5 hour show (8.2gb); is that normal? I'm using a mac and was previously using iTiVo, which downloaded slower, but I was completely done within 3 hours for the same type of file. I'm thinking that 4 hours can't be right, because I also have a pc running directshow dump and that is almost instant. Any settings I should verify? Change?
Old 04-30-2010, 12:30 AM   #2274
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Test View Post
Started using this program tonight and now I have a question. The download was fast, but the decrypt took 4 hours for a 1.5 hour show (8.2gb); is that normal? I'm using a mac and was previously using iTiVo, which downloaded slower, but I was completely done within 3 hours for the same type of file. I'm thinking that 4 hours can't be right, because I also have a pc running directshow dump and that is almost instant. Any settings I should verify? Change?
No, that's not at all normal at all - decrypt should only take a few minutes. Make sure to turn off TS mode downloads if you haven't already: File->Configure->Program Options and disable Download TiVo files in Transport Stream format
There are just too many issues being reported for TS downloads and/or decryption. Next version that option will default to off again. Of course that means you'll have to download the show again if it was previously downloaded in TS format.
If that doesn't solve your decrypt slowness then monitor memory use and make sure you're not low on RAM.

Old 04-30-2010, 11:38 AM   #2275
shiffrin

The auto.log gets big pretty quickly. Did I miss an option somewhere to limit its size? I've been manually editing it each day to chop off the first few hundred lines, but that is getting to be a pain.
Old 04-30-2010, 11:53 AM   #2276
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiffrin View Post
The auto.log gets big pretty quickly. Did I miss an option somewhere to limit its size? I've been manually editing it each day to chop off the first few hundred lines, but that is getting to be a pain.
There is no option right now. It's probably a good idea to have one. Next version (unreleased) already has a new menu entry in GUI to empty out auto.log file which is more convenient than doing it manually, but probably a user specified file size or line limit would be a useful addition. I'll look into it for next release.

Old 04-30-2010, 01:53 PM   #2277
Test

Quote:
No, that's not at all normal at all - decrypt should only take a few minutes. Make sure to turn off TS mode downloads if you haven't already: File->Configure->Program Options and disable Download TiVo files in Transport Stream format
There are just too many issues being reported for TS downloads and/or decryption. Next version that option will default to off again. Of course that means you'll have to download the show again if it was previously downloaded in TS format.
If that doesn't solve your decrypt slowness then monitor memory use and make sure you're not low on RAM.
That did it, thanks.
Old 04-30-2010, 03:35 PM   #2278
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

The semicolon ( and apostrophe (') should be allowed to be used in file names on Kmttg. The double quotes (") can't be used but instead double apostrophe ('') is allowed.

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 03:39 PM   #2279
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThAbtO View Post
The semicolon ( and apostrophe (') should be allowed to be used in file names on Kmttg. The double quotes (") can't be used but instead double apostrophe ('') is allowed.
Maybe for Windows yes. kmttg is encompassing multiple OS's including Linux and Mac so it's dealing with superset of potentially troublesome characters, and I don't want to try dealing with OS-specific exceptions. There are system calls being made for the helper programs so characters like apostrophes and semicolons cause issues.

Old 04-30-2010, 04:13 PM   #2280
orangeboy
yes, I AM orangeboy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiffrin View Post
FWIW, I use the following with Windows Task Scheduler twice a day at noon and midnight to create 3 sets of logs (full log, error log, and success log), all limited to 180 files (~30 days worth of logs):

Code:
REM Clearlog.bat
@ECHO OFF
SETLOCAL ENABLEDELAYEDEXPANSION

::------------------::
:: Define Variables ::
::------------------::
SET   year=%DATE:~-4%
SET  month=0%DATE:~4,2%
SET    day=0%DATE:~7,2%
SET  month=%month:~-2%
SET    day=%day:~-2%
SET   hour=0%TIME:~0,2%
SET   hour=%hour: =%
SET   hour=%hour:~-2%
SET minute=0%TIME:~3,2%
SET minute=%minute:~-2%
SET second=%TIME:~6,2%
SET second=%second:~-2%
SET   name=%year%.%month%.%day%.%hour%.%minute%

::----------------------------------::
:: Copy current log to archive log, ::
:: then seed the new auto.log       ::
::----------------------------------::
CD /D "C:\Program Files\kmttg\logs\auto\"
TYPE "C:\Program Files\kmttg\auto.log" >>auto.%name%.log
ECHO %year%_%month%_%day%_%hour%:%minute%:%second% Beginning of new log file > "C:\Program Files\kmttg\auto.log"

::-----------------------------------::
:: Select specific records to create ::
:: an abbreviated log, showing only  ::
:: "successful" messages             ::
FINDSTR /I /V /P "Filter NPL Skipping curl sleeping programid getting match error ---" auto.%name%.log >>tmp.log
FOR /F "tokens=1-3*" %%a IN ('TYPE tmp.log') DO (
	IF "%%c" NEQ "" (
		ECHO %%a %%b %%c %%d >> auto.%name%.s.log
	)
)
DEL tmp.log

:: Select specific records to create ::
:: an abbreviated log, showing only  ::
:: "Error" messages                  ::

FINDSTR /P "ERROR:" auto.%name%.log >>tmp.log
FOR /F "tokens=1-3*" %%a IN ('TYPE tmp.log') DO (
	IF "%%c" NEQ "" (
		ECHO %%a %%b %%c %%d >> auto.%name%.e.log
	)
)
DEL tmp.log

::---------------------------::
:: Save only 180 logs:       :: 
:: 2 full logs,              ::
:: 2 error logs, and         ::
:: 2 abbreviated logs =      ::
:: 6 logs per day x 30 days. ::
::---------------------------::
SET /A counter=0
FOR /F "delims=" %%i in ('dir /b "*.log"^|SORT /R') DO (
	SET /A counter+=1
	IF !counter! GTR 180 (
		DEL "%%i"
	)
)

EXIT /B
Expectations: \kmttg\logs\auto directory has been created. My \kmttg\logs\auto directory is populated with filenames like this:

Code:
auto.2010.04.30.12.00.e.log
auto.2010.04.30.12.00.s.log
auto.2010.04.30.12.00.log
auto.2010.04.30.00.00.e.log
auto.2010.04.30.00.00.s.log
auto.2010.04.30.00.00.log
auto.2010.04.29.12.00.e.log
auto.2010.04.29.12.00.s.log
auto.2010.04.29.12.00.log
auto.2010.04.29.00.00.e.log
auto.2010.04.29.00.00.s.log
auto.2010.04.29.00.00.log
auto.2010.04.28.12.00.e.log
auto.2010.04.28.12.00.s.log
auto.2010.04.28.12.00.log
Edit: It's bad that I have any *.e.logs. Too many problems with the Transport Stream and TiVoDecode!

Last edited by orangeboy : 04-30-2010 at 04:25 PM.
orangeboy is offline   Reply With Quote