Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Suggestion Avenue
TiVo Community
Closed Thread
Forum Jump

Old 11-28-2009, 06:46 AM   #1
orangeboy
yes, I AM orangeboy!

Tivo New Features Survey

With all the good suggestions that are made here, I wonder how many are getting to the ear of TiVo? TCF is a great place to gauge the pros and cons of an idea, but it may not be the best way to get those ideas to TiVo.

Here is a link to what I like to think of as TiVo's "suggestion box": Tivo New Features Survey

I'm not sure of how many people are aware of that link, so that's why I'm posting this thread. It would be great if this post could be stickied here in the TiVo Suggestion Avenue!
Old 04-27-2010, 08:04 AM   #2
innocentfreak

Updated 4/26 to add TiVo Premiere and Premiere XL as options

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 10-27-2010, 08:04 AM   #3
JoeBlome

asked for web interface for scheduling
Old 12-06-2010, 08:26 PM   #4
Andyistic
Video acquisition

Exclamation Notes regarding Tivo Suggestions ...

Trickplay/Live TV:
30-second skip feature Already have this
Skip commercials automatically How is this even possible?
Adjustable live TV cache (currently 30 minutes of live TV are stored) Using hard-drive for temp buffer storage?
When I change the channel, warn me before losing the stored live TV cache Then you would be warned any time you change channels.

Getting/Managing Recordings:
Video editing, for editing/trimming recorded programs Too complicated
Ability to search for HD recordings specifically Why?
Ability to view or manage your Now Playing and To Do lists online from tivo.com Add this to the existing ability to schedule recordings!

Miscellaneous Features
Satellite compatibility (TiVo integrated with a satellite receiver) Satellite tuning is proprietary
Record HD from satellite Maybe a tuning adapter from a specific satellite company?
View currently available disk space ("disk space meter") Should be displayed when the guide is shown
Ability to turn off the "Recently Deleted" folder Why?
Built-in Blu-Ray DVD burner, to record high definition programs to Blu-Ray DVD Don't think stations want you to do this.
Ability to hide specific programs in the Now Playing list Why?
Ability to rename programs in the Now Playing list Could be useful ...
Switched digital video support Should have been added to the Premier, along with two additional tuners.
Watch programs on my TiVo DVR remotely over the Internet Too much bandwidth

Network and Broadband-Connected Features
Support for AAC/iTunes Music Store music files Would require an agreement with Apple
Satellite radio on TiVo (XM Radio, Sirius, etc.) Where would this service come from?
Access & download Internet video files on my TiVo DVR Very dependent on video formats
Share recordings with friends' TiVo DVRs over the Internet Bandwidth issues.
Old 12-06-2010, 09:35 PM   #5
innocentfreak

These are just common suggestions they have received.

Old 01-02-2011, 10:35 AM   #6
hhh222

I'd like a bluetooth remote in the regular larger size. Love the bluetooth capability in the slide but it's too small and buttons too close together for me and and lots of other folks.
Old 01-04-2011, 03:00 PM   #7
That Don Guy
Now with more GB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyistic View Post
Trickplay/Live TV:
When I change the channel, warn me before losing the stored live TV cache Then you would be warned any time you change channels.
Unless you are recording that channel.
Quote:
Getting/Managing Recordings:
Video editing, for editing/trimming recorded programs Too complicated
I don't think it's as much that, as it is the overhead that would be needed to combine all of the "slices" back into a single edited program.
Quote:
Ability to search for HD recordings specifically Why?
So you don't get every program in the Upcoming Episodes list appearing twice (and then mistakenly choose the SD one).
Quote:
Miscellaneous Features
Satellite compatibility (TiVo integrated with a satellite receiver) Satellite tuning is proprietary
So put the TiVo software into each company's boxes, rather than forcing the companies to conform to whatever the TiVo is expecting.
Quote:
Ability to rename programs in the Now Playing list Could be useful ...
Very useful (a) for manual recordings (so they're not saved under the title of the first show of the block that was recorded), (b) when the guide has the wrong show listed, or (c) when it's a special event covered under a generic title (so you can see what it is at a glance rather than having to select it).

One feature I would like (and I know it can be done, as U-Verse does it): if you are recording consecutive shows on the same channel, only use one tuner. (This allows a 2-tuner TiVo to, for example, record ABC from 8 to 9, Fox from 8 to 8:30, and Fox from 8:30 to 9, all with padding.)

-- Don

Last edited by That Don Guy : 01-04-2011 at 03:12 PM.
Old 01-04-2011, 09:38 PM   #8
jbernardis

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeBlome View Post
asked for web interface for scheduling
It exists. Go to tivo.com. I've been using it for years and it works quite well. There are times I wish it was real-time, but for the most part it does exactly what I want it to do.
1 Win7 HTPC with Ceton Quad Tuner

Old 03-14-2011, 04:02 PM   #9
TooMuchTime

The one thing I have asked for is the ability to block programs by name. TV ratings are worthless. Besides, you have to rely on what someone else thinks is TV13 or M or whatever. Also, if I turn off the block by ratings, I have to remember to turn it back on.

I always use this example. If a child, say 8-10 years old, is surfing, and the ratings people screwed up, he could surf to Family Guy and start watching because he thinks it's a cartoon. If I can just enter "Family Guy" in a list of programs to be blocked by name, it would never view or record. There are lots of ways to configure it and those can be worked out.

I'm not sure why this is so hard to do.
Closed Thread