TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-06-2010, 10:29 PM   #2161
orangeboy
yes, I AM orangeboy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
auto.log has more relevant information as to what may be going wrong. A few things to try:
1. Make sure qsfix task can run in GUI mode.
2. Check that kmttg service is running with your user account (same account that works when running in GUI mode).
3. Toggle "Allow multiple VideoRedo jobs at once" setting and try again in auto mode.
VRD is popping up a message indicating: "Mpeg stream error: TiVo file open error, please check your media access key." when I use kmttg GUI.

The MAK entered in kmttg is the exact MAK found on tivo.com (actually copy/pasted from the site into kmttg), and is the exact MAK found on my DVRs.

I'm at a loss... The only thing I can think of that changed is unchecking kmttg's option to force TS download when available, due to the problems TS streams cause. Any other suggestions?

Edit: Actually, another change I just discovered was the option to have VRD decrypt instead of TiVodecode. I disabled that option, and will test further...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by orangeboy : 04-06-2010 at 11:08 PM.
orangeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 12:21 AM   #2162
VideoGrabber

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcbrine View Post
Only if you want VideoReDo to understand transport stream .TiVo files. TD 2.6 knows nothing about them; hence, neither does VideoReDo on your system.
Thanks very much. It looks like that did the trick. I take it I missed the memo on that change. (It's too bad that tivodecode isn't quite there yet on TS format, but good to know that the new TD codec does the job.)

TS transfer speeds (TTG) are very impressive indeed, on the new Premiere's. I managed to do a solid 48 MBit/s TTG(ts), while simultaneously doing an MRV from my S3 at 39 MBit/s, for an aggregated total of 87 MBit/s. Running an isolated TTG/ts yields 70+ MBit/s. Awesome!
VideoGrabber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 12:37 AM   #2163
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeboy View Post
VRD is popping up a message indicating: "Mpeg stream error: TiVo file open error, please check your media access key." when I use kmttg GUI.
That implies that TiVoDirectShowFilter (part of TiVo Desktop installation) is not being found properly to decrypt TiVo files. You can check that by trying to play TiVo file with Windows Media Player. If you use tivodecode to decrypt instead then you don't need TiVoDirectShowFilter so can bypass the problem.

moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 12:46 AM   #2164
VideoGrabber

Quote:
Version 599 available here:
http://www.videoredo.net/beta/VRDTVSH264-4-20-4-599.exe
(Just be sure you use latest kmttg v0p7j if using 598 or later).
Thanks for the link! I was wondering how I missed that, and it's because it's an Alpha, not a Beta. And in the public Forum and not the private one. Doh.
Old 04-07-2010, 01:11 AM   #2165
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneg View Post
WMP is trying to open the .txt file looking for CC info. It accepts either .srt or .txt files.
Hmm. Perhaps we should consider changing the extension?

wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 01:17 AM   #2166
orangeboy
yes, I AM orangeboy!

Quote:
Quote:
WMP is trying to open the .txt file looking for CC info. It accepts either .srt or .txt files.
How about .meta? VLC player does the same thing when finding video.file.txt...

Old 04-07-2010, 01:32 AM   #2167
orangeboy
yes, I AM orangeboy!

Quote:
That implies that TiVoDirectShowFilter (part of TiVo Desktop installation) is not being found properly to decrypt TiVo files. You can check that by trying to play TiVo file with Windows Media Player. If you use tivodecode to decrypt instead then you don't need TiVoDirectShowFilter so can bypass the problem.
Thanks K -
It seems I've uninstalled TD+ on that machine. TiVo corp. wouldn't support running their app on Windows Server 2003.

I'm still testing tivodecode & VRD. And I can't win for losing (tonight):

Code:
2010_04_07_01:48:57 >> DECRYPTING F:\FromTivo\V\-Pound of Flesh.TiVo ...
2010_04_07_01:48:57 "C:\Program Files\kmttg\tivodecode\tivodecode.exe" --mak MAK --out "F:\FromTivo\V\-Pound of Flesh.mpg" "F:\FromTivo\V\-Pound of Flesh.TiVo" 
2010_04_07_01:48:59 ERROR: tivodecode failed (exit code: 10 ) - check command: "C:\Program Files\kmttg\tivodecode\tivodecode.exe" --mak MAK --out "F:\FromTivo\V\-Pound of Flesh.mpg" "F:\FromTivo\V\-Pound of Flesh.TiVo" 
2010_04_07_01:48:59 ERROR: processing frame: No error
2010_04_07_01:48:59 ERROR: Encryption by QUALCOMM ;)
2010_04_07_01:48:59 ERROR: Invalid MAK -- aborting
2010_04_07_01:49:00 ERROR: Received unexpected response for: http://localhost:9032/TiVoConnect?Command=Push&Container=Cut+Programs&File=/Lost/-Happily+Ever+After_cut.mpg&tsn=TivoS4+%282%29
2010_04_07_01:49:00 ERROR: Internal Server Error
2010_04_07_01:49:01 >> Running qsfix on F:\FromTivo\V\-Pound of Flesh.mpg ...
2010_04_07_01:49:01 C:\WINDOWS\system32\cscript.exe //nologo "C:\Documents and Settings\orangeboy\Local Settings\Temp\VRD4000477964561124541.vbs" "F:\FromTivo\V\-Pound of Flesh.mpg" "F:\FromTivo\V\-Pound of Flesh.mpg.qsfix" "/l:C:\Documents and Settings\orangeboy\Local Settings\Temp\VRDLock3775289059848572103.tmp" 
2010_04_07_01:49:09 ERROR: qsfix failed (exit code: 0 ) - check command: C:\WINDOWS\system32\cscript.exe //nologo "C:\Documents and Settings\orangeboy\Local Settings\Temp\VRD4000477964561124541.vbs" "F:\FromTivo\V\-Pound of Flesh.mpg" "F:\FromTivo\V\-Pound of Flesh.mpg.qsfix" "/l:C:\Documents and Settings\orangeboy\Local Settings\Temp\VRDLock3775289059848572103.tmp" 
2010_04_07_01:49:09 ERROR: C:\Documents and Settings\orangeboy\Local Settings\Temp\VRD4000477964561124541.vbs(32, 1) (null): The server threw an exception.
I'll look at it more tomorrow.

Old 04-07-2010, 02:47 AM   #2168
VideoGrabber

Quote:
Originally Posted by VideoGrabber View Post
Thanks very much. It looks like that did the trick. I take it I missed the memo on that change. (It's too bad that tivodecode isn't quite there yet on TS format, but good to know that the new TD codec does the job.)
Nope. Looks like I jumped the gun. Close, but no cigar.

I took a look at all the files I had downloaded previously in TS mode, and then downloaded a few more just to be sure. They all have numerous glitches in them, though certainly far fewer than with tivodecode.

One example, TS glitches at: 5,70,194,302 seconds.
Same program in PS mode: none.
tivodecode would likely be: 3,6,9,12,... seconds.

The glitches are far enough apart, and sometimes subtle enough, that they may not be immediately obvious to everyone. But they're a definite problem. And they may not even be on the PC (decoder) side. It could be a bug in the TTG/ts packager in the TiVo Premieres.

I'm hopeful it is the former, though it could be the later. In any event, ATM all my TS downloads are trash.

I might not mind so much, if it were just a matter of speed. I can live with slower, if I have to. As moyekj suggested, stick with PS mode for now. However, I was hoping to take advantage of the TS mode to download recordings that the TiVo PS mode is still broken on, and truncates midstream. TS mode does this great (never a truncated transfer, out of ~20 tests), but none of the files are any good. Unless you're happy with about a 1 second burst of trash every 1-3 minutes.

The only thing left to try I can think of is downloading via the web interface in TS mode, though I can't imagine that curl being used by kmttg would be a problem. But I'm trying to whittle down the potential problem sources.

What about sending the unmodified .TiVo (via TS) file back up to the Premiere? Would that be worth trying? I.e., if it played then, that would mean the PC-side codec was the problem, and if it didn't, it would isolate the problem to the TTG/ts packager? Any thoughts on that?
Old 04-07-2010, 02:52 AM   #2169
VideoGrabber

Oh, and I should probably mention that these glitches are in the same place whether I'm using VRD-beta596, or the latest TVS4-Alpha599. I.e., the problem is completely independent of VRD.
Old 04-07-2010, 07:47 AM   #2170
reneg

Quote:
I'd say let MS fix Windows Media Player, but since WMP 12 is already out and only runs on Windows 7, the chances of them going back to fix WMP 11 are nil.

A workaround for this issue on Windows is to open up the metadata file and save it with CR LF instead of LF. I was wondering why I have never seen this issue before and it's because I always manually edit the metadata files, thus changing LFs to CRLFs.

A less intrusive alternative to chaning the file extension for metadata files may be to create and option on the metadata generation to output Windows style metadata files with CRLF instead of LF.

Last edited by reneg : 04-07-2010 at 08:17 AM.
reneg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 08:00 AM   #2171
Stormspace
Electrocuted by TiVo

I know a lot of you guys are using pytivo for goback, but I've just gotten kmttg and galleon going again on a windows box and I'm liking it. I can get basic tagging via file format using kmttg so that Galleon presents the video with Show/Episiode Name correctly. The only thing I'm missing is a process to rename a file with *_cut.mpg" to remove the "_cut" portion. I may have to write a small program to do it if I can't get it done in a batch file.
180hr S2

Stormspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 09:18 AM   #2172
moyekj

Quote:
A less intrusive alternative to chaning the file extension for metadata files may be to create and option on the metadata generation to output Windows style metadata files with CRLF instead of LF.
This is already checked into SVN for next release. However there really is no excuse from MSFT side to crash an application just because a text file is not what is expected... As mentioned VLC also tries to do something with it and pops up an error message dialog box when it fails and keeps going for playback, which is the expected response.

Old 04-07-2010, 09:54 AM   #2173
reneg

I wondering if someone has already solved this. I'd like a custom command script which copies the encoded file, metadata file & .srt file to a specific subdirectory based on the file that was encoded. For example, I'd like episodes of Lost to go into the Lost subdirectory, episodes of House to go into the House subdirectory. I could write a small program to parse the filename or if kmttg had an [MainTitle] option available for the custom command, it could save me some time.

Seems like this might be something that is common enough that someone else might have already solved.
Old 04-07-2010, 10:11 AM   #2174
orangeboy
yes, I AM orangeboy!

Quote:
I wondering if someone has already solved this. I'd like a custom command script which copies the encoded file, metadata file & .srt file to a specific subdirectory based on the file that was encoded. For example, I'd like episodes of Lost to go into the Lost subdirectory, episodes of House to go into the House subdirectory. I could write a small program to parse the filename or if kmttg had an [MainTitle] option available for the custom command, it could save me some time.

Seems like this might be something that is common enough that someone else might have already solved.
Doesn't something like this in kmttg config already do that?
Code:
<tivoFileNameFormat>
[mainTitle][/][EpisodeNumber][-][episodeTitle]
I've got a Series2 that is setup for only manual recordings on a single channel, so I setup file naming to be this:
Code:
<tivoFileNameFormat>
[mainTitle][/][wday][.][year][-][monthNum][-][mday][.][hour][.][min]

Old 04-07-2010, 10:16 AM   #2175
reneg

Quote:
Doesn't something like this in kmttg config already do that?

Code:
<tivoFileNameFormat>
[mainTitle][/][EpisodeNumber][-][episodeTitle]
Perhaps it does and I missed it. I thought the customer command script was limited to a different set of keywords than the filename formatter. Not sure how to handle series where mainTitle is not consistent season to season. Take Survivor for instance.

[Edit] Nevermind - Thinking about mainTitle inconsistency in the program guide, I'm going to have to parse filenames anyway to get files where I ultimately want them archived.

Last edited by reneg : 04-07-2010 at 10:43 AM.
Old 04-07-2010, 10:35 AM   #2176
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
A less intrusive alternative to chaning the file extension for metadata files
BTW, I don't see this as intrusive. I'd continue to recognize the old names, just only generate the new ones going forward. We have about three programs that use this data, AFAIK, so it shouldn't be hard to coordinate. ".txt" was never a good extension anyway (it's too generic), except in that they actually are text files.

wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 10:39 AM   #2177
reneg

Quote:
BTW, I don't see this as intrusive. I'd continue to recognize the old names, just only generate the new ones going forward. We have about three programs that use this data, AFAIK, so it shouldn't be hard to coordinate. ".txt" was never a good extension anyway (it's too generic), except in that they actually are text files.
I was assuming a hard cutover. A backwards compatible migration is certainly easier.
Old 04-07-2010, 11:22 AM   #2178
orangeboy
yes, I AM orangeboy!

Is the Window's Service that kmttg looks for baked into the .jar file? I've installed a second instance of kmttg with different config.ini and auto.ini files. I've updated wrapper.conf to create a unique Service name, but prior to starting the new Service, I queried it from the second instance's "Service Status", and it reported that the Service was running. Is there a way to set the second instance to query the new Service? No big deal if not; I can use the Services.msc control the new Service when needed.

Old 04-07-2010, 01:31 PM   #2179
moyekj

Quote:
Is the Window's Service that kmttg looks for baked into the .jar file? I've installed a second instance of kmttg with different config.ini and auto.ini files. I've updated wrapper.conf to create a unique Service name, but prior to starting the new Service, I queried it from the second instance's "Service Status", and it reported that the Service was running. Is there a way to set the second instance to query the new Service? No big deal if not; I can use the Services.msc control the new Service when needed.
Service->Status essentially just runs the following windows command to check status:
sc query kmttg
(i.e. kmttg name is hard coded, so if you have a separate instance with a different name you need to monitor it by other means)

Old 04-07-2010, 02:32 PM   #2180
dlfl
Cranky old novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormspace View Post
I know a lot of you guys are using pytivo for goback, but I've just gotten kmttg and galleon going again on a windows box and I'm liking it. I can get basic tagging via file format using kmttg so that Galleon presents the video with Show/Episiode Name correctly. The only thing I'm missing is a process to rename a file with *_cut.mpg" to remove the "_cut" portion. I may have to write a small program to do it if I can't get it done in a batch file.
Someone has already written the program for you: Bulk Rename Command. When you go to the download page scroll down to the bottom -- you want Bulk Rename Command (zip) not Bulk Rename Utility (installer for GUI version, I believe).

And here is the command line that should do what you want:

Code:
BRC32 /PATTERN:"*_cut.mpg" /REMOVELASTN:4 /EXECUTE /QUIET
The batch file or command window it's running in has to be logged to the folder containing the files to be renamed of course. There is good documentation in the download. It claims to do a number of other clever things but this feature is the only one I've used.

"It must be swell to be so perfect and odor-free" -- Del Griffith

VideoReDo users: Try

pyTivo users: Try
and
dlfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 04:56 PM   #2181
kmccluney

Quote:
This is already checked into SVN for next release. However there really is no excuse from MSFT side to crash an application just because a text file is not what is expected... As mentioned VLC also tries to do something with it and pops up an error message dialog box when it fails and keeps going for playback, which is the expected response.
Many thanks for the quick response!
kmccluney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 05:30 PM   #2182
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormspace View Post
You can probably do it using "custom" task:

1. Make a "ren.bat" script such as:
Code:
@echo off
rename "%~f1" "%~nx2"
Then setup kmttg "custom" command to be:
Code:
<full path here>\ren.bat [mpegFile_cut] [mpegFile]
Then simply enable the "custom" task in addition to the other tasks for the job.

NOTE: Above assumes you are removing original .mpg file after _cut.mpg is generated and that _cut.mpg folder is the same folder you want to have the .mpg file end up in.

I think you get the idea even though that may not be exactly what you need.

Old 04-08-2010, 07:33 PM   #2183
nickhaas33

In the current version (J) does the AD DETECT check box not save when you get out and back into the program? The AD CUT does save. Maybe it is just me.
Sorry
nickhaas33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 07:46 PM   #2184
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickhaas33 View Post
In the current version (J) does the AD DETECT check box not save when you get out and back into the program? The AD CUT does save. Maybe it is just me.
Sorry
Confirmed. The setting is being saved but not restored when starting kmttg. Somewhere along the way in changes from 7i to 7j it looks like I accidently pasted over the lines to restore the Ad Detect setting when adding a new setting restore. Fixed in SVN for next release. Thanks for catching/reporting it.

Old 04-09-2010, 04:51 AM   #2185
AudioNutz

Ugh! I actually thought that one was only me, since only one of my machines that run kmttg is doing it. The others seemed to be fine.
Old 04-09-2010, 10:25 PM   #2186
ayman86

is there a way to change the temp folder? its currently set to c:\windows\temp but i dont have a lot of space on the c drive. so it always makes the c drive full when transferring over 20-30GB files even though the save folder is set to another drive
ayman86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 12:02 AM   #2187
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayman86 View Post
is there a way to change the temp folder? its currently set to c:\windows\temp but i dont have a lot of space on the c drive. so it always makes the c drive full when transferring over 20-30GB files even though the save folder is set to another drive
What is taking up a lot of space under temp (which step/tool)? kmttg only uses it for some tiny files. curl downloads directly to your specified output dir so shouldn't use temp. I think perhaps VRD may use it for some encoding profiles but I don't recall any other 3rd party tool using much temp space.

Old 04-10-2010, 12:13 AM   #2188
ayman86

this is for just downloading the file off of the tivo. thats all.

its a .tmp file and it looks like its the same size as the transfer file in my selected output directory

im using win7 x64
Old 04-10-2010, 12:26 AM   #2189
moyekj

That's odd, sounds like curl is using temp space then for some reason. So I assume once download completes the temp file goes away? Is the selected output dir a network drive by any chance?
You can probably change windows TEMP and/or TMP environment variable settings to use a different location for temp space, but I'm still curious to know why curl would need it...

Old 04-10-2010, 09:18 AM   #2190
ayman86

Quote:
So I assume once download completes the temp file goes away?
correct

Quote:
Is the selected output dir a network drive by any chance?
nope. its a local hard drive.

but i should say this. my tivo is connected straight into the router, whereas my computer (and whs server) is connected via a gigabit hub to the router. not sure if it matters