TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-05-2010, 01:04 AM   #2131
VideoGrabber

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
Sounds like tivodecode is not decrypting all video frames for that case....

Bottom line. If you have any problems then turn off TS download mode. Since PS downloads are still much faster than THD/S3 units I think that would be my choice for reliability reasons.
I can't argue with that. It's fairly obvious that the current build of tivodecode, enhanced to add TS support, has problems at boundaries, as you described in another thread. So it's almost there, but not quite. Makes sense.

But what I'm not understanding at the moment is why VRD is having problems with the TS mode downloads? I was pretty sure one of the Dan's indicated they were working fine. The same .TiVo files that tivodecode can "almost" handle, aren't accepted by VRD at all (and VRD would be my first choice, due to QSF). They're all there, or tivodecode would be having worse problems. But maybe that's a question better suited to the VRD forums.

However, MY bottom line is that without working TS mode (some way, some how), the Premiere hasn't helped me one bit getting the truncating TTG transfers resolved. So I'm right back where I started.

I appreciate your comments, how smoothly kmttg works, and the blazing speeds that TS/TTG transfers run at. If only...

Last edited by VideoGrabber : 04-05-2010 at 10:21 PM.
VideoGrabber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 02:07 AM   #2132
SoBayJake

Sorry if I missed this, or it's covered elsewhere, but shouldn't I be able to send .TiVo files back to my TiVo?

When I download a .TiVo file in TS format, it will not go back, not with pyTivoX nor StreamBaby. With pyTivox, it says "Transferring prohibited by the copyright holder," and with StreamBaby it says "Incompatible video type."

When I download a .TiVo file in PS format, it will attempt to download from pyTivoX, but the blue transfer light comes on for about 1 second. The file is listed in My Shows/Now Playing, but is zero length, 0 size, and immediately asks if I want to delete the show. StreamBaby can stream the file back without issues.

Am I crazy?

Nonunsed Series 2s
Series 3 - 1 TB drive (lifetime)
TiVo HD - 1 TB drive (lifetime)
Premiere XL (lifetime)
Verizon FiOS with CableCARDs
SoBayJake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 02:52 AM   #2133
bkdtv

Quote:
Originally Posted by VideoGrabber View Post
2) When I turn on TS mode for the download in kmttg, NOTHING is playable in VRD. It's all broken up and scrambled (and no sound). So it's not decoding properly. That's in VRD-Beta596. The earlier versions of VRD won't play them at all... just sit there forever in a Busy state, until I manually kill them.
I can't recall whether I had that problem in VRD 596. I don't have it in 599. Give that a try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoBayJake View Post
Sorry if I missed this, or it's covered elsewhere, but shouldn't I be able to send .TiVo files back to my TiVo?
You can't "push" .TiVo files. You can only "pull" them from the NPL on the TiVo.

I believe the latest versions of pyTiVo (which may not be in pyTiVoX) incorporate TiVo decode to decode the .TiVo into MPG for push, provided you enter your MAK and location of tivodecode.exe in the pyTiVo.conf configuration file.
bkdtv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 07:03 AM   #2134
stujac

So, my computer crashed yesterday and I had to end up doing a factory reset so I've lost everything. Unfortunately, I "didn't believe" in backing up data. What an idiot. In any event I'm recreating all programs and I downloaded and upzipped the latest version but when it opened up there was the jar file but it wouldn't open. What did I miss? I've had every version of the kmttg software and always just updated when you had a new release.
Old 04-05-2010, 07:17 AM   #2135
ellinj
Seems Very Friendly

Quote:
Originally Posted by stujac View Post
So, my computer crashed yesterday and I had to end up doing a factory reset so I've lost everything. Unfortunately, I "didn't believe" in backing up data. What an idiot. In any event I'm recreating all programs and I downloaded and upzipped the latest version but when it opened up there was the jar file but it wouldn't open. What did I miss? I've had every version of the kmttg software and always just updated when you had a new release.
Did you reinstall java?
ellinj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 07:37 AM   #2136
stujac

I thought it was there when I did the factory reset. If not, how do I re-install Java? Also, I thought one of the unzipped programs would be an .exe file but it is a "jar" file.
Old 04-05-2010, 07:46 AM   #2137
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
But what I'm not understanding at the moment is why VRD is having problems with the TS mode downloads? I was pretty sure one of the Dan's indicated they were working fine.
VideoReDo works like DirectShowDump -- it depends on TiVo Desktop. Do you have TD 2.8 installed?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 07:55 AM   #2138
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoBayJake View Post
You should. They're problematic, though.

Quote:
When I download a .TiVo file in TS format, it will not go back, not with pyTivoX nor StreamBaby. With pyTivox, it says "Transferring prohibited by the copyright holder," and with StreamBaby it says "Incompatible video type."
pyTivo doesn't understand transport stream .TiVo files yet. And, don't expect full support until tivodecode can handle them, without the errors documented above.

Quote:
When I download a .TiVo file in PS format, it will attempt to download from pyTivoX, but the blue transfer light comes on for about 1 second. The file is listed in My Shows/Now Playing, but is zero length, 0 size, and immediately asks if I want to delete the show.
I can't account for that one. Maybe if I saw the log? But we should take that to another thread (or forum).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-05-2010, 08:32 AM   #2139
jbernardis

Quote:
I thought it was there when I did the factory reset. If not, how do I re-install Java? Also, I thought one of the unzipped programs would be an .exe file but it is a "jar" file.
You can download the latest java run time from here:

https://cds.sun.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP...-CDS_Developer

earlier versions are also available.
1 Win7 HTPC with Ceton Quad Tuner

jbernardis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 08:39 AM   #2140
stujac

Thanks. Will do so when home from work. I still thought the zip folder would contain an .exe file.
Old 04-05-2010, 09:15 AM   #2141
moyekj

Quote:
Thanks. Will do so when home from work. I still thought the zip folder would contain an .exe file.
No executable. The kmttg.jar is the executable file with a proper 32 bit Java installation. The windows_installation Wiki walks you through installation.

moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 05:01 PM   #2142
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Quote:
But what I'm not understanding at the moment is why VRD is having problems with the TS mode downloads?
I think VRD TVS v4 supports .ts while earlier versions does not.

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 05:25 PM   #2143
Jon545
Jon in LA

Great program that has worked for me a while now, but I just started to get a problem. Transferring from my S3, several programs don't seem to completely download and the program goes on to the next item in the list. Is there a download file size limit in KMTTG using Windows (XP)? I've only now started to download large (> 4GB) HD files. I'm using the latest j ver of KMTTG. Thanks.
Jon545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 05:30 PM   #2144
bkdtv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon545 View Post
Great program that has worked for me a while now, but I just started to get a problem. Transferring from my S3, several programs don't seem to completely download and the program goes on to the next item in the list. Is there a download file size limit in KMTTG using Windows (XP)? I've only now started to download large (> 4GB) HD files. I'm using the latest j ver of KMTTG. Thanks.
The older FAT32 file system has just such a limit. You'll need to switch your filesystem to NTFS if you want to download larger files.

Quote:
Q: Is it possible to convert a FAT32 Hard Drive to NTFS without losing all data on the drive? I like to change from FAT32 to NTFS, my operating system is Windows XP PRO, how can I do that? Without the loss of my programs?

A: Standard Windows utility that is called CONVERT serves this purpose.

Just go to the Command Prompt and execute the command:

C:\> CONVERT C: /fs:ntfs

Where C: is a name of the drive you want to convert.

After machine re-boot conversion process will start and you'll have your FAT32 converted to NTFS without of data loss.

bkdtv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 05:47 PM   #2145
Jon545
Jon in LA

Thanks bkdtv, that must be it. I had it downloading to an old external drive that was still FAT32. I've switched to another external that's NTFS, so I'll verify it works again.
Jon545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 06:13 PM   #2146
VideoGrabber

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkdtv View Post
I can't recall whether I had that problem in VRD 596. I don't have it in 599. Give that a try.
Thanks, bk. I didn't even know there was a 599 (last I saw was 597, and there was nothing in the change-log that applied to me). I'll go grab 599 and see what happens. It would be nice if it turned out to be that easy.

Last edited by VideoGrabber : 04-05-2010 at 10:21 PM.
Old 04-05-2010, 06:22 PM   #2147
VideoGrabber

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcbrine View Post
VideoReDo works like DirectShowDump -- it depends on TiVo Desktop. Do you have TD 2.8 installed?
Thanks for the response! I missed it on my first pass through.

No, I don't have TD 2.8 installed. Just the older TD 2.6. Since kmttg was serving my purposes in a vastly superior manner (without glomming on to gigabytes of VM), I never bothered upgrading the TiVoDesktop.

Should I have?

Last edited by VideoGrabber : 04-05-2010 at 10:20 PM.
Old 04-05-2010, 06:30 PM   #2148
VideoGrabber

Quote:
Thanks, bk. I didn't even know there was a 599 (last I saw was 597, and there was nothing in the change-log that applied to me). I'll go grab 599 and see what happens. It would be nice if it turned out to be that easy.
Ah, no 599 that I can see. 597 appears to be the latest. ??? Even the V4 suite (which I downloaded, but never installed) is only up to 595.

Last edited by VideoGrabber : 04-05-2010 at 10:20 PM.
Old 04-05-2010, 08:42 PM   #2149
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
Should I have?
Only if you want VideoReDo to understand transport stream .TiVo files. TD 2.6 knows nothing about them; hence, neither does VideoReDo on your system.

Old 04-06-2010, 02:16 PM   #2150
kmp14

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmp14 View Post
Just saw this post. Instead of the batch file, I am going to try the UNC approach. I assumed that would not work, but it looks like it does. I will let you know. Thanks!
Took my a while to get back...sorry. Just close up this question, UNC paths (\\server\sharename) works perfectly. Time to donate!
kmp14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 02:20 PM   #2151
kmp14

Donate

Does moyekj have a link somewhere to submit a donation for the fine work he has done? Thought I saw one on the google code site, but I guess not.
kmp14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 02:20 PM   #2152
jbernardis

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmp14 View Post
Took my a while to get back...sorry. Just close up this question, UNC paths (\\server\sharename) works perfectly. Time to donate!
Actually, this should not be a surprise. Drive mappings are part of your login session. If you were to log in as a different user, you would have a totally different set of drive mappings, possibly none at all. Since pytivo is running as a service - akin to a unix daemon - it is most certainly NOT running as you and so therefore does not have access to your drive mappings. UNC syntax is the only other possible syntax you could use.

Old 04-06-2010, 02:42 PM   #2153
orangeboy
yes, I AM orangeboy!

Seems I'm having a problem with kmttg's qsfix step. I haven't had any processing beyond that step for a couple of days now. I can see VIDEOR~1.EXE in Windows Task Manager sitting at 0% cpu utilization. It just seems to be stuck!

Here's a partial listing of my auto.ini:

Code:
# kmttg auto.ini file
<check_tivos_interval>

<dryrun>

<dateFilter>

<dateOperator>
less than

<dateHours>

<suggestionsFilter>

<kuidFilter>

<programIdFilter>

<title>
30 Rock
<options>
enabled 1
tivo all
metadata 1
decrypt 1
qsfix 1
twpdelete 0
comskip 1
comcut 1
captions 0
encode 0
push 1
custom 1
suggestionsFilter 0
useProgramId_unique 0
encode_name ff_h264_high_rate
comskipIni none
All <title>s follow the same format, with the exception of an occasional comskipIni override. The last successful "soup to nuts" processing took place on 4/4/2010. Any ideas on what would cause this? I've bounced the kmttg service in an attempt to get things flowing again, without success.

kmttg version: v0p7j
VideoReDo version: 3.20.1.597 (installed 3/27/2010)

orangeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 05:03 PM   #2154
kmccluney

I'm using kmttg to pull videos from the TiVo, decrypt them into .mpg format, and create corresponding metadata files. I've found that if I play the .mpg back using WMP 11, for some of the videos WMP will crash, saying it got an unexpected termination command. I copied the files to another PC and got the same result. Through trial and error I found that the presence of the metadata file was the cause of the WMP crash - if I remove/rename the metadata file then the video plays without a problem. I compared metadata files between "good" and "bad" videos and can't see a difference. If I copy the contents of a bad metadata file into that of a good one, then it'll cause the "good" video to crash. I edited a "bad" file to see if I could determine the problem, but couldn't turn up anything definite (e.g.,no apparent embedded special characters) other than if I delete enough of the file entries (and it doesn't seem to care which ones) I can get the metadata file to not crash WMP. It's not file length related since I have good metadata files with considerably larger number of characters. I can also "fix" the file by converting the field separators (which appear as squares in Notepad) into paragraph marks (i.e., in Notepad I delete the square and hit "Enter"). Any thoughts on what WMP is finding objectionable in the metadata files?
kmccluney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 05:20 PM   #2155
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmccluney View Post
Any thoughts on what WMP is finding objectionable in the metadata files?
It's a total surprise to me that WiMP is doing anything with the files -- they aren't intended for it. If the metadata files are showing up in notepad with boxes (LFs) as the line delimiters, and if changing those to CRLFs fixes them, then perhaps kmttg should write them out as native text files. (This is what pyTivo does now in its ToGo plugin, and when reading them it opens them in Universal mode, so the line endings don't matter.) Meanwhile, I'd like to find out more about what WiMP is doing...

Last edited by wmcbrine : 04-06-2010 at 05:26 PM.
Old 04-06-2010, 07:42 PM   #2156
moyekj

Quote:
Ah, no 599 that I can see. 597 appears to be the latest. ??? Even the V4 suite (which I downloaded, but never installed) is only up to 595.
Version 599 available here:
http://www.videoredo.net/beta/VRDTVSH264-4-20-4-599.exe
(Just be sure you use latest kmttg v0p7j if using 598 or later).

Old 04-06-2010, 07:48 PM   #2157
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeboy View Post
Seems I'm having a problem with kmttg's qsfix step. I haven't had any processing beyond that step for a couple of days now. I can see VIDEOR~1.EXE in Windows Task Manager sitting at 0% cpu utilization. It just seems to be stuck!
auto.log has more relevant information as to what may be going wrong. A few things to try:
1. Make sure qsfix task can run in GUI mode.
2. Check that kmttg service is running with your user account (same account that works when running in GUI mode).
3. Toggle "Allow multiple VideoRedo jobs at once" setting and try again in auto mode.

Old 04-06-2010, 08:46 PM   #2158
jbernardis

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcbrine View Post
It's a total surprise to me that WiMP is doing anything with the files -- they aren't intended for it.
Actually, VLC complains about the metadata files too - although it does not crash - just a simple warning. What's more, VLC seems to have some lattitude about the name of the metadata file - it does not have to be an exact match.

Old 04-06-2010, 09:16 PM   #2159
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmccluney View Post
I'm using kmttg to pull videos from the TiVo, decrypt them into .mpg format, and create corresponding metadata files. I've found that if I play the .mpg back using WMP 11, for some of the videos WMP will crash, saying it got an unexpected termination command. I copied the files to another PC and got the same result. Through trial and error I found that the presence of the metadata file was the cause of the WMP crash - if I remove/rename the metadata file then the video plays without a problem. I compared metadata files between "good" and "bad" videos and can't see a difference. If I copy the contents of a bad metadata file into that of a good one, then it'll cause the "good" video to crash. I edited a "bad" file to see if I could determine the problem, but couldn't turn up anything definite (e.g.,no apparent embedded special characters) other than if I delete enough of the file entries (and it doesn't seem to care which ones) I can get the metadata file to not crash WMP. It's not file length related since I have good metadata files with considerably larger number of characters. I can also "fix" the file by converting the field separators (which appear as squares in Notepad) into paragraph marks (i.e., in Notepad I delete the square and hit "Enter"). Any thoughts on what WMP is finding objectionable in the metadata files?
Confirmed. Not sure what WMP is trying to do with the txt file either, but it appears very picky in wanting \r character at end of line (i.e. Notepad compatible format) in order to prevent a crash.
I suppose I can change metadata file creation to use \r character so that WMP is happy with it.

Old 04-06-2010, 09:53 PM   #2160
reneg

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
Confirmed. Not sure what WMP is trying to do with the txt file either, but it appears very picky in wanting \r character at end of line (i.e. Notepad compatible format) in order to prevent a crash.
I suppose I can change metadata file creation to use \r character so that WMP is happy with it.
WMP is trying to open the .txt file looking for CC info. It accepts either .srt or .txt files.
reneg is offline   Reply With Quote