TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 03-29-2010, 10:44 AM   #1
b_scott
TiVo Fan

A way to remove inactive Tivos from your account view?

Is there a way to remove all my previously sold inactive tivos from my account page? I'm tired of looking at them. Thanks!
b_scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 11:11 AM   #2
orangeboy
yes, I AM orangeboy!

When you sold them, they weren't transferred to the new owner?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

orangeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 11:20 AM   #3
b_scott
TiVo Fan

I sold ones without lifetime, just monthly. They activated them, but they just showed up as "cannot be reactivated" at the bottom of my account under Inactive DVR's - but they're still there. Now they both say they can be reactivated - probably because those people canceled the service. But I just want them gone. Afraid the same thing will happen with my HD I'm going to sell when I get my Premiere.
Old 03-29-2010, 12:26 PM   #4
curiousgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_scott View Post
I sold ones without lifetime, just monthly. They activated them, but they just showed up as "cannot be reactivated" at the bottom of my account under Inactive DVR's - but they're still there. Now they both say they can be reactivated - probably because those people canceled the service. But I just want them gone. Afraid the same thing will happen with my HD I'm going to sell when I get my Premiere.
I feel your pain. We have a TiVo graveyard of sold TiVos no longer in our posession on our account list - spanning all the way back to Series 1. It's really annoying to have to sift through them to figure out which are the active ones. It would be nice if you could tag some of them as "hide", at the very least.
curiousgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 12:40 PM   #5
b_scott
TiVo Fan

agreed. I wonder if you can call Tivo up and have them removed.
Old 03-29-2010, 12:56 PM   #6
curiousgeorge

Quote:
Tried it years ago - no bueno.
Old 03-29-2010, 12:57 PM   #7
b_scott
TiVo Fan

well that's just dumb. do they just hope you someday reactivate them?
Old 03-29-2010, 01:53 PM   #8
lessd

Quote:
Yes you can, this is how you do it, open a new TiVo account using any old non activated TiVo, a different E-Mail and address, stop the process before you activate this old TiVo, call TiVo and ask them to move your active TiVos to this new TiVo account, after that log out and then log into your original TiVo account , none of your now active TiVos should be in that account anymore. Now change the name address and E-Mail to anything as it has no more meaning to you, log out of that account then log back into your new TiVo account and change the information to your own address, E-Mail etc. The only thing you will not be able to view the old billing anymore. You may also not be able to use MRV for a few days as your MAK will change.

Old 03-29-2010, 01:55 PM   #9
b_scott
TiVo Fan

I appreciate the idea and post, lessd. I think that's a bit more trouble than I was hoping for. Also, my parents' tivo is also on my account, so that's just too much hassle. Thanks again, though.
Old 03-29-2010, 02:21 PM   #10
curiousgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by lessd View Post
Yes you can, this is how you do it, open a new TiVo account using any old non activated TiVo, a different E-Mail and address, stop the process before you activate this old TiVo, call TiVo and ask them to move your active TiVos to this new TiVo account, after that log out and then log into your original TiVo account , none of your now active TiVos should be in that account anymore. Now change the name address and E-Mail to anything as it has no more meaning to you, log out of that account then log back into your new TiVo account and change the information to your own address, E-Mail etc. The only thing you will not be able to view the old billing anymore. You may also not be able to use MRV for a few days as your MAK will change.
Great idea, but it's stupid that customers have to jump through these hoops for something that should be dead-simple to fix. AND, it hits the tivo fanatics hardest since we upgrade every generation. Lame.
Old 03-29-2010, 09:42 PM   #11
lessd

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousgeorge View Post
Great idea, but it's stupid that customers have to jump through these hoops for something that should be dead-simple to fix. AND, it hits the tivo fanatics hardest since we upgrade every generation. Lame.
The billing history may be the main problem from TiVos view, but I don't care about billing from more than year ago. Another advantage if you go through the trouble of doing my way is when you sell your old TiVo it will be gone from your new account after the new owner moves it, it will no longer show anywhere in your new account because the billing will not be in your new account for the old TiVo.

Old 09-26-2010, 04:50 PM   #12
gturpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeboy View Post
When you sold them, they weren't transferred to the new owner?
I upgraded three of my 6 tivo's and the last tivo I tried to add to the system would never get a name. Reason being that Tivo has max limit of 10 Tivo's on you account. I had 5 tivo's from previous that were in the inactive tivo list which brought the total to 11.

I have been working on this issue with Tivo since Jun this year, the 11th tivo will connect and pull down data and update the program guide. But, no name. It also will not be able to do room to room viewing or transferring.

Finally they made a new account for me, now I have 6 Tivo's and they are connecting and working just fine and they all have a name and a media access key.

There is one issue I'm not to happy about, if you record a movie from HBO or Showtime (Premium Channels) on the Premier it will not allow you to view it or transfer it from another room.

There however is a workaround which they will probably take out soon. You can hook up a DVD recorder to your tivo and tell the tivo to transfer to VHS and record the movie on a DVD.
gturpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 01:05 PM   #13
b_scott
TiVo Fan

anyone ever figure out a simple way to fix this?