TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 03-25-2010, 06:31 PM   #2071
epstewart

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmemmott View Post
There is no problem with experimenting. I just wanted to make sure that you realized that the file that should be coming out of t2merge will be not be logically any different than the file you started with. If you sent the original file back to the Tivo and played it back with caption turned on or if you set the file that came out of t2merge back and played it the viewing experience would be substantially the same. Both would show essentially the same captions at the same point in the video.

In any case, for my previous example

"C:\Program Files\T2Sami\t2merge" -p "C:\My Video\Flash Gordon" -o "Cold Day in Hell.mpg" "C:\My Video\Tivo\Flash Gordon - Cold Day in Hell - (Recorded 01-25-08).mpg"

the mplex command would be as follows

"C:\Program Files\T2Sami\mplex.exe" -f 3 -o "C:\My Video\Flash Gordon\Cold Day in Hell.mpg" "C:\My Video\Tivo\Flash Gordon - Cold Day in Hell - (Recorded 01-25-08).m2v" "C:\My Video\Tivo\Flash Gordon - Cold Day in Hell - (Recorded 01-25-08).mp2"

From the error message you are getting in your edited portion, I would suggest putting the original file through the Quick Stream Fix (QSF) function of VideoReDo and then repeating the experiment with the cleaned up version.
James,

After QSF on the original .TiVo file (which was a different one than before; it was a 5 min. clip of "The Rock" from Encore HD) VideoReDo produced a .mpg file which I cranked into t2extract and then t2merge. The latter produced an new .mpg file (!) and also a file named mplex.txt. The new .mpg file was too short, and the mplex.text file had in it

Code:
INFO: [C:\Documents and Settings\Eric\Desktop\new kmttg stuff\T2Sami Stuff\mplex.exe] mplex version 1.9.0 (2.2.7 $Date: 2006/02/01 22:23:01 $)
   INFO: [C:\Documents and Settings\Eric\Desktop\new kmttg stuff\T2Sami Stuff\mplex.exe] File C:\Documents and Settings\Eric\Desktop\The Rock\The Rock (03_25_2010).m2v looks like an MPEG Video stream.
   INFO: [C:\Documents and Settings\Eric\Desktop\new kmttg stuff\T2Sami Stuff\mplex.exe] File C:\Documents and Settings\Eric\Desktop\The Rock\The Rock (03_25_2010).ac3 looks like an AC3 Audio stream.
   INFO: [C:\Documents and Settings\Eric\Desktop\new kmttg stuff\T2Sami Stuff\mplex.exe] Found 1 audio streams and 1 video streams
   INFO: [C:\Documents and Settings\Eric\Desktop\new kmttg stuff\T2Sami Stuff\mplex.exe] Selecting generic MPEG2 output profile
   INFO: [C:\Documents and Settings\Eric\Desktop\new kmttg stuff\T2Sami Stuff\mplex.exe] Multiplexing video program stream!
   INFO: [C:\Documents and Settings\Eric\Desktop\new kmttg stuff\T2Sami Stuff\mplex.exe] Scanning for header info: Video stream e0 (C:\Documents and Settings\Eric\Desktop\The Rock\The Rock (03_25_2010).m2v) 
   INFO: [C:\Documents and Settings\Eric\Desktop\new kmttg stuff\T2Sami Stuff\mplex.exe] VIDEO STREAM: e0
   INFO: [C:\Documents and Settings\Eric\Desktop\new kmttg stuff\T2Sami Stuff\mplex.exe] Frame width     : 1920
   INFO: [C:\Documents and Settings\Eric\Desktop\new kmttg stuff\T2Sami Stuff\mplex.exe] Frame height    : 1080
   INFO: [C:\Documents and Settings\Eric\Desktop\new kmttg stuff\T2Sami Stuff\mplex.exe] Aspect ratio    : 16:9 display
   INFO: [C:\Documents and Settings\Eric\Desktop\new kmttg stuff\T2Sami Stuff\mplex.exe] Picture rate    : 29.970 frames/sec
   INFO: [C:\Documents and Settings\Eric\Desktop\new kmttg stuff\T2SamiStuff\mplex.exe] Bit rate        : 65000000 bits/sec
   INFO: [C:\Documents and Settings\Eric\Desktop\new kmttg stuff\T2Sami Stuff\mplex.exe] Vbv buffer size : 1222656 bytes
   INFO: [C:\Documents and Settings\Eric\Desktop\new kmttg stuff\T2Sami Stuff\mplex.exe] CSPF            : 0
   INFO: [C:\Documents and Settings\Eric\Desktop\new kmttg stuff\T2Sami Stuff\mplex.exe] Scanning for header info: AC3 Audio stream 00 (C:\Documents and Settings\Eric\Desktop\The Rock\The Rock (03_25_2010).ac3)
   INFO: [C:\Documents and Settings\Eric\Desktop\new kmttg stuff\T2Sami Stuff\mplex.exe] AC3 frame size = 1536
   INFO: [C:\Documents and Settings\Eric\Desktop\new kmttg stuff\T2Sami Stuff\mplex.exe] AC3 AUDIO STREAM:
   INFO: [C:\Documents and Settings\Eric\Desktop\newkmttg stuff\T2Sami Stuff\mplex.exe] Bit rate       :    49152 bytes/sec (384 kbit/sec)
   INFO: [C:\Documents and Settings\Eric\Desktop\new kmttg stuff\T2Sami Stuff\mplex.exe] Frequency      :     48000 Hz
   INFO: [C:\Documents and Settings\Eric\Desktop\new kmttg stuff\T2Sami Stuff\mplex.exe] SYSTEMS/PROGRAM stream:
   INFO: [C:\Documents and Settings\Eric\Desktop\new kmttg stuff\T2Sami Stuff\mplex.exe] rough-guess multiplexed stream data rate    : 66735000
   INFO: [C:\Documents and Settings\Eric\Desktop\new kmttg stuff\T2Sami Stuff\mplex.exe] Setting best-guess data rate.
   INFO: [C:\Documents and Settings\Eric\Desktop\new kmttg stuff\T2Sami Stuff\mplex.exe] Run-in delay = 0 Video delay = 0 Audio delay = 0
   INFO: [C:\Documents and Settings\Eric\Desktop\new kmttg stuff\T2Sami Stuff\mplex.exe] New sequence commences...
   INFO: [C:\Documents and Settings\Eric\Desktop\new kmttg stuff\T2Sami Stuff\mplex.exe] Video e0: buf=      0 frame=000000 sector=00000000
   INFO: [C:\Documents and Settings\Eric\Desktop\new kmttg stuff\T2Sami Stuff\mplex.exe] Audio bd: buf=      0 frame=000000 sector=00000000
++ WARN: [C:\Documents and Settings\Eric\Desktop\new kmttg stuff\T2Sami Stuff\mplex.exe] Stream e0: data will arrive too late sent(SCR)=22 required(DTS)=0
++ WARN: [C:\Documents and Settings\Eric\Desktop\new kmttg stuff\T2Sami Stuff\mplex.exe] Video e0: buf=   1994 frame=000000 sector=00000001
++ WARN: [C:\Documents and Settings\Eric\Desktop\new kmttg stuff\T2Sami Stuff\mplex.exe] Audio bd: buf=      0 frame=000000 sector=00000000
++ WARN: [C:\Documents and Settings\Eric\Desktop\new kmttg stuff\T2Sami Stuff\mplex.exe] Stream e0: data will arrive too late sent(SCR)=57692 required(DTS)=0
++ WARN: [C:\Documents and Settings\Eric\Desktop\new kmttg stuff\T2Sami Stuff\mplex.exe] Video e0: buf= 215412 frame=000025 sector=00000723
++ WARN: [C:\Documents and Settings\Eric\Desktop\new kmttg stuff\T2Sami Stuff\mplex.exe] Audio bd: buf=  15102 frame=000028 sector=00000022
++ WARN: [C:\Documents and Settings\Eric\Desktop\new kmttg stuff\T2Sami Stuff\mplex.exe] Stream e0: data will arrive too late sent(SCR)=128464 required(DTS)=0
++ WARN: [C:\Documents and Settings\Eric\Desktop\new kmttg stuff\T2Sami Stuff\mplex.exe] Video e0: buf= 226081 frame=000038 sector=00001118
++ WARN: [C:\Documents and Settings\Eric\Desktop\new kmttg stuff\T2Sami Stuff\mplex.exe] Audio bd: buf=  14949 frame=000053 sector=00000041
++ WARN: [C:\Documents and Settings\Eric\Desktop\new kmttg stuff\T2Sami Stuff\mplex.exe] Stream e0: data will arrive too late sent(SCR)=227321 required(DTS)=0
++ WARN: [C:\Documents and Settings\Eric\Desktop\new kmttg stuff\T2Sami Stuff\mplex.exe] Video e0: buf= 200996 frame=000071 sector=00002056
++ WARN: [C:\Documents and Settings\Eric\Desktop\new kmttg stuff\T2Sami Stuff\mplex.exe] Audiobd: buf=  15063 frame=000087 sector=00000067
++ WARN: [C:\Documents and Settings\Eric\Desktop\new kmttg stuff\T2Sami Stuff\mplex.exe] Stream e0: data will arrive too late sent(SCR)=241042 required(DTS)=0
++ WARN: [C:\Documents and Settings\Eric\Desktop\new kmttg stuff\T2Sami Stuff\mplex.exe] Video e0: buf=   2021 frame=000078 sector=00002281
++ WARN: [C:\Documents and Settings\Eric\Desktop\new kmttg stuff\T2Sami Stuff\mplex.exe] Audio bd: buf=  13422 frame=000091 sector=00000070
++ WARN: [C:\Documents andSettings\Eric\Desktop\new kmttg stuff\T2Sami Stuff\mplex.exe] Stream e0: data will arrive too late sent(SCR)=378632 required(DTS)=0
++ WARN: [C:\Documents and Settings\Eric\Desktop\new kmttg stuff\T2Sami Stuff\mplex.exe] Video e0: buf= 210573 frame=000116 sector=00003621
++ WARN: [C:\Documents and Settings\Eric\Desktop\new kmttg stuff\T2Sami Stuff\mplex.exe] Audio bd: buf=  16188 frame=000141 sector=00000108
++ WARN: [C:\Documents and Settings\Eric\Desktop\new kmttg stuff\T2Sami Stuff\mplex.exe] Stream e0: data will arrive too late sent(SCR)=587923 required(DTS)=0
++ WARN: [C:\Documents and Settings\Eric\Desktop\new kmttg stuff\T2Sami Stuff\mplex.exe] Video e0: buf= 233035 frame=000182 sector=00005291
++ WARN: [C:\Documents and Settings\Eric\Desktop\newkmttg stuff\T2Sami Stuff\mplex.exe] Audio bd: buf=  14775 frame=000213 sector=00000163
++ WARN: [C:\Documents and Settings\Eric\Desktop\new kmttg stuff\T2Sami Stuff\mplex.exe] Stream e0: data will arrive too late sent(SCR)=602727 required(DTS)=0
++ WARN:[C:\Documents and Settings\Eric\Desktop\new kmttg stuff\T2Sami Stuff\mplex.exe] Video e0: buf=   2025 frame=000187 sector=00005505
++ WARN: [C:\Documents and Settings\Eric\Desktop\new kmttg stuff\T2Sami Stuff\mplex.exe] Audio bd: buf=  13134 frame=000217sector=00000166
++ WARN: [C:\Documents and Settings\Eric\Desktop\new kmttg stuff\T2Sami Stuff\mplex.exe] Stream e0: data will arrive too late sent(SCR)=678914 required(DTS)=0
++ WARN: [C:\Documents and Settings\Eric\Desktop\new kmttg stuff\T2Sami Stuff\mplex.exe] Video e0: buf= 181610 frame=000218 sector=00006383
++ WARN: [C:\Documents and Settings\Eric\Desktop\new kmttg stuff\T2Sami Stuff\mplex.exe] Audio bd: buf=  15471 frame=000245 sector=00000187
++ WARN: [C:\Documents and Settings\Eric\Desktop\new kmttg stuff\T2Sami Stuff\mplex.exe] Stream e0: data will arrive too late sent(SCR)=693961 required(DTS)=0
++ WARN: [C:\Documents and Settings\Eric\Desktop\new kmttg stuff\T2Sami Stuff\mplex.exe] Video e0: buf=   2025 frame=000224 sector=00006593
++ WARN: [C:\Documents and Settings\Eric\Desktop\new kmttg stuff\T2Sami Stuff\mplex.exe] Audio bd: buf=  13830 frame=000249 sector=00000190
++ WARN: [C:\Documents and Settings\Eric\Desktop\new kmttg stuff\T2Sami Stuff\mplex.exe] Stream e0: data will arrive too latesent(SCR)=888912 required(DTS)=0
++ WARN: [C:\Documents and Settings\Eric\Desktop\new kmttg stuff\T2Sami Stuff\mplex.exe] Video e0: buf=   2025 frame=000277 sector=00008280
++ WARN: [C:\Documents and Settings\Eric\Desktop\new kmttg stuff\T2Sami Stuff\mplex.exe] Audio bd: buf=  16071 frame=000318 sector=00000243
**ERROR: [C:\Documents and Settings\Eric\Desktop\new kmttg stuff\T2Sami Stuff\mplex.exe] Too many frame drops -exiting<TEST INFO>: Child process ended
What does "Too many frame drops" suggest to you? Does it simply reflect the long series of earlier ++ WARN: messages? I would assume it does. But I would also assume that VideoReDo QSF's "cleaned up" output would be immune to this kind of problem!

I should also mention that the original .TiVo file was transferred directly from my TiVo to my Windows environment, and all subsequent processing was done within that environment. None of the files or folders were on a "pseudo" network drive as was previously the case. That eliminates one variable ...

I appreciate your help in all this, James ...
Old 03-25-2010, 07:59 PM   #2072
jmemmott

Frame drops are typically caused by a target bit rate that is too low. Too many drops will stop the process because the results will be very poor. mplex is trying to calculate the value it should use. It looks like this may be coming out too low.

You can try to manually mux the .m2v and .ac3 files and override the rate with a command like the following to force a higher bit rate. If this works I will have to look at the code to see if I can send mplex a better value or allow you to override it directly.

"C:\Documents and Settings\Eric\Desktop\new kmttg stuff\T2Sami Stuff\mplex.exe" -r 12000 -f 3 -o "C:\Documents and Settings\Eric\Desktop\The Rock\The Rock (03_25_2010).mpg" "C:\Documents and Settings\Eric\Desktop\The Rock\The Rock (03_25_2010).m2v" "C:\Documents and Settings\Eric\Desktop\The Rock\The Rock (03_25_2010).ac3"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jmemmott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 09:51 AM   #2073
epstewart

Quote:
Frame drops are typically caused by a target bit rate that is too low. Too many drops will stop the process because the results will be very poor. mplex is trying to calculate the value it should use. It looks like this may be coming out too low.

You can try to manually mux the .m2v and .ac3 files and override the rate with a command like the following to force a higher bit rate. If this works I will have to look at the code to see if I can send mplex a better value or allow you to override it directly.

"C:\Documents and Settings\Eric\Desktop\new kmttg stuff\T2Sami Stuff\mplex.exe" -r 12000 -f 3 -o "C:\Documents and Settings\Eric\Desktop\The Rock\The Rock (03_25_2010).mpg" "C:\Documents and Settings\Eric\Desktop\The Rock\The Rock (03_25_2010).m2v" "C:\Documents and Settings\Eric\Desktop\The Rock\The Rock (03_25_2010).ac3"
James,

No joy. I tried the suggested command and the result was exactly the same. I even raised the -r value as high as 40000 and it made no difference! The result was exactly as before.

I have also made some other experiments without success. I used VideoReDo to take a 1-min. clip from the middle of the originally 5-min. "The Rock" video, under the assumption that maybe the very beginning of the original file was somehow deficient. I had to pass that 1-min. .mpg file back through VRD Quick Stream Fix before t2merge could utilize mplex on the intermediate output files, but after I did that t2merge was able to recognize its two output intermediates and process them. Unfortunately, the result was a truncated file that only plays for 10 sec., not 1 min. The mplex process terminated normally, though, and (sadly) the intermediate files were removed automatically, so I could not use them manually with an mplex command. Also, there was no mplex.txt file generated to show me what might have caused mplex to terminate early.

Does it make any difference that my original file is HD?

I am at a loss ... Do you have any ideas?
Old 03-26-2010, 03:16 PM   #2074
wood252ota

Standalone kmttg - what is needed
Since the new premiere will support TS downloading, it looks like I'm about to become a kmttg user. The machine I want to put it on has no internet access, so I would need to put all that kmttg needed on CD and put it on that machine. I have TTG, VideoRedo and Java already on there. I don't need kmttg to decode, edit, etc. Just get the file from the Premiere to the PC hard disk as a .tivo file and I can take it from there.
Thanks for any help
wood252ota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 03:43 PM   #2075
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by wood252ota View Post
Standalone kmttg - what is needed
Since the new premiere will support TS downloading, it looks like I'm about to become a kmttg user. The machine I want to put it on has no internet access, so I would need to put all that kmttg needed on CD and put it on that machine. I have TTG, VideoRedo and Java already on there. I don't need kmttg to decode, edit, etc. Just get the file from the Premiere to the PC hard disk as a .tivo file and I can take it from there.
Thanks for any help
Other than the kmttg installation you just need "curl" from the tools zip file. So a sample installation would be:
1. Make a folder for the kmttg installation:
c:\kmttg
2. Unzip kmttg_v0p7i.zip into that folder.
3. Unzip kmttg_win32_tools_v0p7h.zip into the same folder.
That's it. Run program by double-clicking on kmttg.jar. Under config make sure to configure to download in TS format.
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 05:14 PM   #2076
wood252ota

Moyekj,
Works for me. Thanks for the quick reply.
wood252ota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 05:31 PM   #2077
orangeboy
yes, I AM orangeboy!

Question for you Moyekj: Upgrading from kmttg_v0p7e to kmttg_v0p7i, would it be in my best interest to copy kmttg.jar into my execution folder*, and simply delete the tivodecode folder, allowing for kmttg to go out and download it for me?

*I install into a version named folder, such as \kmttg_v0p7b, \kmttg_v0p7c, etc., then copy the contents over to a non-version named "execution" folder: \kmttg. This allows for a quick fallback by copying the previous version back into the execution folder in case something goes sideways.

orangeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 05:53 PM   #2078
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeboy View Post
Question for you Moyekj: Upgrading from kmttg_v0p7e to kmttg_v0p7i, would it be in my best interest to copy kmttg.jar into my execution folder*, and simply delete the tivodecode folder, allowing for kmttg to go out and download it for me?

*I install into a version named folder, such as \kmttg_v0p7b, \kmttg_v0p7c, etc., then copy the contents over to a non-version named "execution" folder: \kmttg. This allows for a quick fallback by copying the previous version back into the execution folder in case something goes sideways.
I would do something like:
1. Unzip 7i into "execution" folder allowing it to overwrite existing files. (I assume you already have previous installation there with config.ini, auto.ini, auto.history etc which contains all your settings/preferences).
2. Remove "tivodecode" folder from "execution" folder.
3. Double click on kmttg.jar and let it download and install updated tools.

Old 03-26-2010, 06:36 PM   #2079
orangeboy
yes, I AM orangeboy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
I would do something like:
1. Unzip 7i into "execution" folder allowing it to overwrite existing files. (I assume you already have previous installation there with config.ini, auto.ini, auto.history etc which contains all your settings/preferences).
2. Remove "tivodecode" folder from "execution" folder.
3. Double click on kmttg.jar and let it download and install updated tools.
Done and done. I think the kmttg_win32_tools_v0p7h.zip extracted over my comskip.ini. I'm pretty sure it was the default comskip.ini since I keep a copy of override comskip.ini's in the output folders that need overriden.

Thanks K!

Old 03-26-2010, 06:45 PM   #2080
jmemmott

Quote:
Originally Posted by epstewart View Post
James,

Does it make any difference that my original file is HD?

I am at a loss ... Do you have any ideas?
There is no inherent problem with HD. I just ran a clip of my own through t2merge with no special adjustments to make sure I had not inadvertently caused a problem in the current release:

Video : 1920 x 1080, 16:9, 38.810 nominal bitrate, 14.054 kbit/s actual bitrate
Audio : AC3 384Kbps, Dolby Digital 5.1, 48000 Hz

It ran all the way through and plays fine with captions correctly added when I transferred it back to my TivoHD.

That does not mean the problem is not encoding dependant however. Each cable channel sets its own encoding standards and they vary widely. There are many issues such as GOP length and the exact mixture of I, B, and P frames that can affect what comes out. I would like to get a short clip (~2 minutes) from you so I can see exactly what your video stream looks like. I will take that offline and PM you to do this as it has no general interest for the forum.

jmemmott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 01:37 PM   #2081
epstewart

Quote:
There is no inherent problem with HD. I just ran a clip of my own through t2merge with no special adjustments to make sure I had not inadvertently caused a problem in the current release:

Video : 1920 x 1080, 16:9, 38.810 nominal bitrate, 14.054 kbit/s actual bitrate
Audio : AC3 384Kbps, Dolby Digital 5.1, 48000 Hz

It ran all the way through and plays fine with captions correctly added when I transferred it back to my TivoHD.

That does not mean the problem is not encoding dependant however. Each cable channel sets its own encoding standards and they vary widely. There are many issues such as GOP length and the exact mixture of I, B, and P frames that can affect what comes out. I would like to get a short clip (~2 minutes) from you so I can see exactly what your video stream looks like. I will take that offline and PM you to do this as it has no general interest for the forum.
Jim, I replied to your PM and uploaded a couple of clips to you. Thanks ...
Old 03-28-2010, 09:10 PM   #2082
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

I am now using kmttg v0p7i.

Here are some things/features I like to see on kmttg:

1. I like the capability to remember the last window position and open to.
2. I like the capability to browse the files instead of having to 'add' files every time.
3. I like to see a time remaining on its current job.
4. I like the capability of remembering the column positions. I can re-arrange the columns but when kmttg is re-opened, its back to the original order.

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 09:58 PM   #2083
moyekj

For 1 it saves last tab you were in and resumes on that tab. A number of other things are also saved between sessions such as task selections and Encoding Profile.
For 4 it saves column orders however you have them for each TiVo and FILES tab and when you restart resumes with same order. Also under config Visual tab if you disable "Auto size NPL column widths" kmttg will also keep column widths as you had them.

Old 03-28-2010, 10:41 PM   #2084
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThAbtO View Post
I am now using kmttg v0p7i.

Here are some things/features I like to see on kmttg:

1. I like the capability to remember the last window position and open to.
2. I like the capability to browse the files instead of having to 'add' files every time.
3. I like to see a time remaining on its current job.
4. I like the capability of remembering the column positions. I can re-arrange the columns but when kmttg is re-opened, its back to the original order.
Quote:
For 1 it saves last tab you were in and resumes on that tab. A number of other things are also saved between sessions such as task selections and Encoding Profile.
For 4 it saves column orders however you have them for each TiVo and FILES tab and when you restart resumes with same order. Also under config Visual tab if you disable "Auto size NPL column widths" kmttg will also keep column widths as you had them.
For 1, it doesn't remember the windows (screen) position when I open as a new task, the window aligns to the screen's left edge. However it does remember the window size.
For 4, what I am doing now is to drag the status column from the left side to the right side of jobs. The column returns to its original (left) column position upon opening as a new task.

~~~~~

Old 03-29-2010, 12:28 AM   #2085
moyekj

For 4 the Now Playing table column positions are the ones that are remembered. Never considered bothering to save it for job table as didn't think anyone would bother re-arranging that one, but I suppose it could be done.
For 1 that's right, I don't save last physical position, just size, but I guess position would be easy enough to save/restore as well.

Old 03-29-2010, 01:45 PM   #2086
moyekj

v0p7j version just released

v0p7j version just released with some useful enhancements. Consult the release notes for a summary of enhancements, changes and fixes:
http://code.google.com/p/kmttg/wiki/release_notes

Old 03-29-2010, 02:20 PM   #2087
VideoGrabber

Thumbs up

moyekj wrote,
> v0p7j version just released with some useful enhancements. <

Lots of good work. Thanks! A couple comments:

1) "Added automatic retry attempts for failed downloads which some users run into occasionally."

I'm sure this will be extremely useful, especially when coming back hours later to find that 1 or 2 huge files never even got started, due to some transient issue. Folks should also be aware though that things can still fail if you happen to leave your TiVo recordings in Pause mode... even after the recording is finished.

I do this frequently, to speed up the TTG process (Pausing recordings makes other transfers go faster), but you then need to remember to unPause it later. Even after it finishes recording, it'll still be "busy" AFA the TiVo is concerned, and won't transfer it. Pausing playback doesn't have the same limitations.

2) "Disk Usage GUI will now set Total Disk Space (GB) as the total used space if user has not set that option."

This can provide some useful information, but would be even more so if it could override your best guess. I.e., I think I have x-GB of recordable space on my unit (and I might be pretty close), but potentially there may be a few extra GB available I'm not aware of. If kmttg was monitoring this, it could just bump the value if it ever saw anything higher.

- Tim
VideoGrabber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 03:45 PM   #2088
orangeboy
yes, I AM orangeboy!

Quote:
v0p7j version just released with some useful enhancements. Consult the release notes for a summary of enhancements, changes and fixes:
http://code.google.com/p/kmttg/wiki/release_notes
Are there updated tools in kmttg_win32_tools_v0p7j.zip?

Old 03-29-2010, 03:51 PM   #2089
moyekj

Quote:
Are there updated tools in kmttg_win32_tools_v0p7j.zip?
Yes, tivodecode and comskip were updated for windows, only tivodecode for Mac. (tivodecode 0.3pre4 with TS support).
Thanks again AudioNutz (Bill) for the Mac tools zip file update as I don't have a Mac to be able to update that package myself.

Old 03-29-2010, 04:38 PM   #2090
orangeboy
yes, I AM orangeboy!

Quote:
Yes, tivodecode and comskip were updated for windows, only tivodecode for Mac. (tivodecode 0.3pre4 with TS support).
Thanks again AudioNutz (Bill) for the Mac tools zip file update as I don't have a Mac to be able to update that package myself.
Thanks K -

I guess I have one more question: what happens to downloads that don't support TS (such as my workhorse 648 model), and the box is checked to force the TS download? Is the &FORMAT string ignored?

Old 03-29-2010, 04:47 PM   #2091
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

v0p7j is working.

The only thing I still haven't figured out is the Push feature. When I try to Push, it says 'Push job completed' and the title goes to auto_push.txt, but nothing else happens.

~~~~~

Old 03-29-2010, 04:50 PM   #2092
moyekj

Quote:
Thanks K -

I guess I have one more question: what happens to downloads that don't support TS (such as my workhorse 648 model), and the box is checked to force the TS download? Is the &FORMAT string ignored?
The extra format string of the download URL is ignored by TiVos that don't support TS download option so it can't hurt to be enabled (and in fact for fresh kmttg installations is now enabled by default). I have 2 648s and have that option enabled with no side effects, and hope that some day TiVo bothers to enable TS container support for Series 3 TiVos.

Old 03-29-2010, 04:58 PM   #2093
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThAbtO View Post
v0p7j is working.

The only thing I still haven't figured out is the Push feature. When I try to Push, it says 'Push job completed' and the title goes to auto_push.txt, but nothing else happens.
FYI the kmttg pyTivo push task is completely independent from the auto_push tool. (You mentioned updating of auto_push.txt file which is part of auto_push tool and nothing to do with kmttg pyTivo push).
Note that if the TiVo you are pushing to is part of a TiVo beta program the production mind server is different and hence pushes via mind.tivo.com won't work (as is the case with TiVo Desktop auto pushes).

Old 03-29-2010, 05:19 PM   #2094
Phantom Gremlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by VideoGrabber View Post
1) "Added automatic retry attempts for failed downloads which some users run into occasionally."

I'm sure this will be extremely useful, especially when coming back hours later to find that 1 or 2 huge files never even got started, due to some transient issue. Folks should also be aware though that things can still fail if you happen to leave your TiVo recordings in Pause mode... even after the recording is finished.
I have this same problem frequently. Maybe it's because my WD expander is getting flaky.

At any rate, when I get Server Busy I usually have been able to recover by using the File -> Reset TiVo Web Server menu option. It's a lot more convenient than rebooting the TiVo. Hopefully this new code does the recovery automatically. I'll give it a try today.
Phantom Gremlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 06:04 PM   #2095
VideoGrabber

moyekj commented:
> ...hope that some day TiVo bothers to enable TS container support for Series 3 TiVos. <

??? Is this not included in the 11.0f release, currently being pushed out?

- Tim
Old 03-29-2010, 06:21 PM   #2096
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Kmttg on Youtube

~~~~~

Old 03-29-2010, 06:26 PM   #2097
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by VideoGrabber View Post
moyekj commented:
> ...hope that some day TiVo bothers to enable TS container support for Series 3 TiVos. <

??? Is this not included in the 11.0f release, currently being pushed out?

- Tim
Nope at least not for me. One of my units has 11.0f and I don't see that option available using https in web browser. According to TivoJerry 11.0f was just a bug fix release so I doubt we would see such enhancements in that release (or potentially any series 3 software update in the future). Looks like most resources will now be devoted to fixing issues and improving HDUI of the Premiere units so I don't expect series 3 to get much attention, but of course that is pure speculation on my part.

EDIT: Seeing as New Zealand & Australia units have version 14.x and the Premiere has 14.x and all of those support TS downloads I would expect if by chance we do get TS support for series 3 units it would be in a 14.x version or later. (The Premiere units have "Classic UI" version which apparently looks mostly like we have on series 3 so maybe that suggests the underlying classic UI could be shared among series 3 & 4 platforms at least initially).

Last edited by moyekj : 03-29-2010 at 07:18 PM.
Old 03-29-2010, 08:04 PM   #2098
VideoGrabber

moyekj,
> One of my units has 11.0f and I don't see that option available using https in web browser. <

Thanks very much for that information! That's really good to know. I was anxiously awaiting this update to arrive, so I could finally get all the files off my TiVo that TTG (PS mode) truncates. Sounds like that's not going to happen on this update cycle. (And potentially, never.)

I've only been waiting 2 years for them to fix this. When I heard that a new update was finally rolling out, I jumped to the conclusion that a capability they added to the Aussie version 5 months ago would be incorporated here.

I'll need to go in and do a slash and burn, because my unit is now ~80% full of files I've been unable to transfer. I guess I also also need to ask myself why I have a TiVo, since it's obviously not working for me.

- Tim
Old 03-29-2010, 08:21 PM   #2099
moyekj

If you have more than 1 unit and know the point where TTG is cutting off you can try setting pause point to there and then do a partial MRV transfer (from paused point) to other unit and eventually end up with 2 partial files you can stitch back together. Messy way of going about it but feasible if there are shows you really would like to keep. Knock on wood I've never ran into a case where TTG only gives me a partial file...

Old 03-29-2010, 09:24 PM   #2100
VideoGrabber

Thanks for the suggestion! That's some pretty smart thinking. Yes, I can find the exact points where it truncates (by looking at the piece I do manage to get). But I don't have another S3.

One other option, along the same lines, could be to buy a Premiere, MRV everything over, then TTG it down from the Premiere in TS mode. Those are some very impressive download speeds that bkdtv demoed!

- Tim