TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-20-2009, 08:01 PM   #481
bicker
Gruff

Thanks!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
bicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 12:30 PM   #482
packerswin

Hello. I have an ADB 3800w box provided with my FTTH through my local phone co-op. My Tivo is a dual tuner series 2. I am having problems getting the IR code for this box... I tried the Amino box codes in channel set up for my remote and they work intermittently. Biggest probles are with going to channel 2 instead of 102 or 130 instead of 3 along with other channel difficulties. I understand I can only use this Tivo as a single channel recorder because the ADB box is set up as only a single tuner and how would i be able to split an ethernet TV signal connection anyway?

If I can get the correct IR codes to use I will be happy enough with just using single channel recording, I wondered if it is possible to use two boxes to get dual tuner capability? Run the one into Tivo and the other directly to the TV.

Any clues or helpful information would be appreciated.....
packerswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 03:57 PM   #483
TiVoJerry
TiVo Field Trials PM

Use the Advanced Setup option and try using code 10073. This isn't a common model so we don't have much experience with it. Make very sure you have the IR sensor located, and don't forget to try "Yes" and "No" for the "Enter Key" setting.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
TiVoJerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 10:48 AM   #484
packerswin

I am trying 10073 A as of now. It seems to work OK with all of the channels 2-130, but if I input channel 311 to go to a music station it goes to channel 2 (there is no channel 1). I am testing it with programmed recordings this afternoon. If it works reliabley I honestly don't care about the music channels. I will update my success or failure with 10073A IR code.

But I would like some input on any possible workaround to possibly get to use the dual tuner capability. If that is not appropriate for this thread please advise. Thanks.
packerswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 04:35 PM   #485
HawaiiAES

Any updated information on this would be very useful to myself as well, as i am helping a few customers with this box currently.Feel free to PM me with your results Packerswin.

Thanks
HawaiiAES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 10:57 AM   #486
dieselburner

IR Code for VIP222K receiver?

Hi, I have a VIP222K dual receiver and a Humax DRT-800. I want to have the Humax change the channel on my 2nd receiver. The owners manual says that the second receiver is controlled by both UHF and IR signals. I went through the guided setup and none of the Humax preprogrammed settings worked on receiver 2. I did find settings that worked on receiver 1 so I know the IR blasters are working. Does anyone know which code will work for me? Thanks in advance.

Steve
dieselburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 10:23 AM   #487
TiVoJerry
TiVo Field Trials PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselburner View Post
Hi, I have a VIP222K dual receiver and a Humax DRT-800. I want to have the Humax change the channel on my 2nd receiver. The owners manual says that the second receiver is controlled by both UHF and IR signals. I went through the guided setup and none of the Humax preprogrammed settings worked on receiver 2. I did find settings that worked on receiver 1 so I know the IR blasters are working. Does anyone know which code will work for me? Thanks in advance.

Steve
You have to use output #1 as it is the one controlled by IR. IR code 10001 will work for this model.

Old 02-01-2010, 02:28 PM   #488
dieselburner

I must be misinterpreting what I am reading in the manual. In any case, I can't get the Humax to control output 2 with the IR blasters. Do you think that the IR to RF adapter that Dish sells may work for me in this application? (I would much rather use output 2 for recording) Thanks
Steve
dieselburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 02:47 PM   #489
TiVoJerry
TiVo Field Trials PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselburner View Post
I must be misinterpreting what I am reading in the manual. In any case, I can't get the Humax to control output 2 with the IR blasters. Do you think that the IR to RF adapter that Dish sells may work for me in this application? (I would much rather use output 2 for recording) Thanks
Steve
Output 2 is only for RF. I cannot vouch for the converter since it is a piece of equipment that we do not provide support for. YMMV. Good luck.

Old 02-03-2010, 02:36 PM   #490
Big-bill3
Thomson Tivo

Freeview STB for Tivo

In the thread, Gary Sargent's list is cited, but it's dated 2007.
Where is there a modern list of terrestrial STBs?
Big-bill3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 03:23 PM   #491
TiVoJerry
TiVo Field Trials PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-bill3 View Post
In the thread, Gary Sargent's list is cited, but it's dated 2007.
Where is there a modern list of terrestrial STBs?
See our support article titled Which digital converter boxes for antenna are compatible with my TiVo DVR?

Old 02-06-2010, 04:28 PM   #492
Ducman21

Everything I tried doesn't work

I need a code for a scientific atlanta cable box cis330. Right now I have a Cisco remote but I'm tring to get my Sony Unverisal remote to work my system,can someone help me.Its also athe Mfg is 07/09.
Ducman21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 08:38 PM   #493
the57motz

dish network 211 and tivo remote codes

I wasn't sure where to put this- but I have a dish network vip 211k and a tivo series 2 single tuner. I couldn't get tivo to change channels to save my life NO codes worked period.

googling my brains out, going crazy i found an old archived tivo forum thread that said if the dish network box was too close to the tivo, channel changing wouldn't work. The archived forum thread post said that if tivo sensed another IR close by it didn't work.

When i moved the dish network box away from the tivo box the 10001-b code worked perfectly.

i can't post links because i've not posted 5 times oh well. dartboard was the name of the poster that posted the info.
the57motz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 10:06 AM   #494
jacosta001

Hi, i saw tons of good infoo on here i was wondering if any of you guys had a "look up" site for MOTOROLA set top boxes...?

ive been getting the runa around from moto and have not luck through any other vendors.... i would post the GI and UA serials but i have tons of these boxes to look up... seems they are still in another system before i can add them into our own..

if any help thanks. PM me if needed.

JA
jacosta001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 09:27 AM   #495
classicsat
Astute User

You won't get help with that here. Your issue us up to the providers invlolved.
Motorola ACC should be able to help you, but might not be able to contractually do what you want.
classicsat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 04:52 PM   #496
jwt1969

Hi, I am trying to find a TIVO IR code for an ADB 5810WX box or ADB 2500W, either one. My new provider uses these boxes, and I am not having a lot of luck. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.
jwt1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 04:21 PM   #497
gigem

Has anyone had any luck with serial control of Motorola DCX3200 boxes from Series 2 Tivos? The Time Warner guy left me two of the DCXs today and I'm not sure if its even possible? Thank you! Mike
gigem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 01:10 PM   #498
TiVoJerry
TiVo Field Trials PM

The functionality hasn't been test at TiVo since the DCT2xxx models and might not be present on newer models. You might want to start a new thread with the proper title to get more interest as not everyone follows a big thread that is focused mostly on IR codes.

Info for the serial control requirements are listed in the Changing channels on a DCT2000 series cable box knowledge article.

Keep in mind that even if those requirements are met, the providers may turn that bit off.

Old 01-19-2011, 04:54 PM   #499
MrSinatra

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccwf View Post
[/size][*]Motorola DCT2500 series (includes DCT2524): use serial[size=1]

Rwood writes, “It works great using the serial port”, but also see this thread.
the last link is broken...

i am trying to figure out what i should do. i have a DCT2000 but i am told i could exchange it for a DCT2500. i also have a series2 tivo.

would the serial connection work for me? is it better than one of those direct IR cables you can get on ebay that people use with DTAs?
MrSinatra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 01:05 AM   #500
gigem

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiVoJerry View Post
The functionality hasn't been test at TiVo since the DCT2xxx models and might not be present on newer models. You might want to start a new thread with the proper title to get more interest as not everyone follows a big thread that is focused mostly on IR codes.
Jerry thank you! I realized after posting that the DCX3200 box has an "Ext IR" input (not output) on the back, I think I'm next going to try connecting the Series 2 IR out to the Ext IR in on the DCT and see what I get.
Old 01-21-2011, 03:22 AM   #501
ggieseke

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigem View Post
Jerry thank you! I realized after posting that the DCX3200 box has an "Ext IR" input (not output) on the back, I think I'm next going to try connecting the Series 2 IR out to the Ext IR in on the DCT and see what I get.
DON'T try to hardwire it directly! You could burn out the circuitry on one or both of the boxes. That port on the DCX3200 is almost certainly for an external IR sensor so that you can put it in a cabinet, and the port on the TiVo is for driving IR transmitters.

You would need something like the custom cable that ggray designed for the Comcast DTA boxes, but made for the Motorola box.
ggieseke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 07:38 AM   #502
gastrof
Look 32' in reverse

Location: We would like tin but for the golden glade. Do not take risks that you cannot return to the encapsulation. Margaret has not the stranding.
Seems to me that an IR port would be an IR port, whether for a receiver or a sender. The receiver sensors should all be wired the same, the senders should all be wired the same.

Ggray's cable might work with a Motorola box too. Can someone clarify?
Old 01-22-2011, 07:52 AM   #503
ggieseke

Quote:
Originally Posted by gastrof View Post
Seems to me that an IR port would be an IR port, whether for a receiver or a sender. The receiver sensors should all be wired the same, the senders should all be wired the same.
When you're driving an IR LED for a remote control the goal is to push as much current through it as possible to get a strong signal. It's typically raw power supply voltage (through a transistor to switch it on and off) to the LED and then to ground through a current limiting resistor. 100mA per LED isn't uncommon.

A receiver is either a dedicated chip made by someone like Vishay, or just a phototransistor sensitive to IR that's used to switch the input to other delicate components that decode the signal.

I'm not saying it could never work with a straight cable, but it would be like wiring the speaker output from your subwoofer directly to the audio input on your TV.
Old 01-22-2011, 03:59 PM   #504
gigem

Quote:
Originally Posted by gastrof View Post
Ggray's cable might work with a Motorola box too. Can someone clarify?
This would be very helpful to know. Has anyone tried it? Thanks for the thoughts!
Old 02-06-2011, 12:22 PM   #505
thevibb

Insight Cable just brought out a Digital Transport Adapter and it was a Thomson DCI104 model. You won't find the name Thomson anywhere in the literature or on the box but that is what it is. This info will come in handy if you have to setup an IR blaster like I did.
thevibb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 10:59 PM   #506
Surg

Question Cisco DTA50 IR Code?

All,

I'm helping my parents configure their Tivo Series 2 to work with the new digital converter their local cable provider (Atlantic Broadband in southwestern Pennsylvania) has given them. The box is the Cisco DTA50.

It's an oft-told story, as I gather from perusing the forums here, but a combination of Tivo and Atlantic support have gotten us only to the point where we use the IR blaster to change the channel successfully only up to channel 9. I believe this is mostly because no one (Tivo, Atlantic, Cisco) knows the correct IR code for this particular box. Only IR code 00018-A/B/C allow us to change the channel as described. Of note, the DTA50 does have an "IR in," to which a receiver is presently connected. This is towards what we aim the IR blaster.

I'm sure I don't have to tell you all, but trying to figure this out has been a real headache and time-sap. Any advice anyone can provide is very much appreciated.

J.P.
Surg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 11:57 PM   #507
unitron

Why isn't this thread stickied?

Well, why isn't it? Seems like a good candidate.

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011
unitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 09:44 AM   #508
ggieseke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surg View Post
All,

I'm helping my parents configure their Tivo Series 2 to work with the new digital converter their local cable provider (Atlantic Broadband in southwestern Pennsylvania) has given them. The box is the Cisco DTA50.

It's an oft-told story, as I gather from perusing the forums here, but a combination of Tivo and Atlantic support have gotten us only to the point where we use the IR blaster to change the channel successfully only up to channel 9. I believe this is mostly because no one (Tivo, Atlantic, Cisco) knows the correct IR code for this particular box. Only IR code 00018-A/B/C allow us to change the channel as described. Of note, the DTA50 does have an "IR in," to which a receiver is presently connected. This is towards what we aim the IR blaster.

I'm sure I don't have to tell you all, but trying to figure this out has been a real headache and time-sap. Any advice anyone can provide is very much appreciated.

J.P.
Every DTA that I've seen (Comcast, Motorola, Scientific Atlanta, Thomson, Pace, etc.) uses the same IR code no matter who built it. You might give 10104 a try.
Old 03-27-2011, 10:29 AM   #509
Surg

Question Cisco DTA50?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggieseke View Post
Every DTA that I've seen (Comcast, Motorola, Scientific Atlanta, Thomson, Pace, etc.) uses the same IR code no matter who built it. You might give 10104 a try.
Unfortunately, we tried 10104-A/B/C early on at the suggestion of Tivo support. I just retried it as well. No such luck.

How much do we have to worry about the sensitivity of the blaster distance to the IR receiver? We are typically securing one of the two blasters 1-1.5" away from the receiver, as recommended. Incdentally, it is about the size of my thumb and does not easily accommodate both blasters. I keep the other blaster away from the receiver or point it at the DTA.

Also, any other IR code suggestions?

J.P.
Surg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 09:07 AM   #510
ggieseke

Okay, now I think I know what the problem is. The DTA50 and DTA70 operate at an IR frequency of 57 KHz. The DTA30 and all of the other ones I've seen operate at 38 KHz like most remote controls. I would be surprised if it didn't use the same XMP protocol, but that's just a guess. XMP is notoriously hard for even high-end learning remotes to get right.

The current TiVo IR database only has a few codes that use a frequency that high, and none of them use XMP. I would open a ticket with customer support so that they can get on the job of adding it, but in reality your best bet for now is to pay the rental fee for a full featured cable box that is known to work with TiVo's existing database.