TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-26-2009, 12:00 PM   #601
zzgulu

download/queue from directory

Hi,
is it possible to set download path from a different location/source/directory other than Tivo itself? I've downloaded some of my original .tivo files previously to my external usb hdd and would like to use itivo for processing them

Thanks
zzgulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 04:08 PM   #602
SnakeEyes

I have a Turbo.264 HD. Can you make the HD's profiles possible, including the custom ones?
SnakeEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 10:26 AM   #603
zzgulu

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzgulu View Post
Hi,
is it possible to set download path from a different location/source/directory other than Tivo itself? I've downloaded some of my original .tivo files previously to my external usb hdd and would like to use itivo for processing them

Thanks
Every time that itivo produces an error (which is usually in comcut/subtitle phase in my experience) it starts downloading the entire show again. It'd be really great if itivo could process downloaded .tivo files (or even decrypted files) for ad removal purpose.

Thanks
Old 12-31-2009, 09:43 PM   #604
SnakeEyes

Anyone have a problem with iTiVo getting stuck downloading a show? I've been trying for the last two days and it keeps stopping halfway through. The file is 20+ GB, really frustrating. As it get closer to halfway/toward the number of MB transferred will pause and it will say "waiting for TiVo" forever. Any suggestions? Eventually it will just start all over.
SnakeEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 02:55 PM   #605
zzgulu

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeEyes View Post
Anyone have a problem with iTiVo getting stuck downloading a show? I've been trying for the last two days and it keeps stopping halfway through. The file is 20+ GB, really frustrating. As it get closer to halfway/toward the number of MB transferred will pause and it will say "waiting for TiVo" forever. Any suggestions? Eventually it will just start all over.
I had the same problem even with 3Gb shows and was wondering if itivo can process .tivo files that's been already transferred through other apps...
Old 01-04-2010, 04:46 PM   #606
luvmytivo

Any chance of getting an update that handles large Now Playing Lists better? Mine currently has over 700 items in it, and the performance of iTiVo varies from very sluggish to completely frozen.
Old 01-13-2010, 06:45 PM   #607
Outleradam

Hello, I am Adam Outler, author of MythSExx. I noticed that my program was mentioned in this thread.

I am working on a new program called mythicalLibrarian. This program currently uses the power of the MythTV database for even more accurate identification of recordings and renaming of movies.

I am trying to get support for iTivo integrated into mythicalLibrarian. I need some example information files, the files which accompany the iTivo recordings. I need two of each of the following: Movies, Episodes, and News/Sports/generic guide data where the program id begins with SH .

Would someone be kind enough to help me out?

Last edited by Outleradam : 01-13-2010 at 06:53 PM.
Outleradam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 02:26 PM   #608
DaveTheNerd

Convert at full resolution, 6-channel audio

What I want to do seems simple to me, yet I can't figure out the right moon-phase, knee-lift alignment to make it happen. ;-)

How do I decode to H.264 with full video quality (SD or HD, whichever it is) and full audio quality (2 channel or 6 channel, which ever it is)?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Producer & co-host
The Mac Observer's
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DaveTheNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 03:51 PM   #609
fatespawn

Dave,

This post from Yoav is as close as I've gotten to doing what your attempting.... and believe me, I'm waiting for the "holy grail" of compressing to mp4, cutting commercials, and KEEPING the 6 channel sound....

http://tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/sho...04#post7410204

-fate
fatespawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 04:04 PM   #610
fatespawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzgulu View Post
Hi,

Thanks
While you're waiting for a fix, why don't you send the back to the tivo and re-download them with iTivo?

cumbersome, but it should work.

fate
fatespawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 07:28 AM   #611
DaveTheNerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatespawn View Post
Dave,

This post from Yoav is as close as I've gotten to doing what your attempting.... and believe me, I'm waiting for the "holy grail" of compressing to mp4, cutting commercials, and KEEPING the 6 channel sound....

http://tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/sho...04#post7410204

-fate
Awesome. Thanks, I'll try that! And while we're at it: my holy grail would be to compress to mp4, keep original video quality/resolution, and have TWO audio streams: one mixed to two channels, one at the full 6. Crazy, I know... ;-)
DaveTheNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 10:30 AM   #612
JeremyLaurenson

QT Interlace / HandBrake sync issues.

Hey all,

If I use 5MB/s H264 with Quicktime I get nasty interlacing.
If I use HandBrake I get great quality, but comskipper nukes the video/audio sync.

Anyone have the settings to do COmskip -> 5MBps H.264 under OSX 10.6?

J
JeremyLaurenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 02:46 PM   #613
stevemid

"decrypt" format files

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoav View Post
If you're ok with huge files (which I assume you must be if you're using 10Mbps) your best bet may be to use the 'decrypt' format, which does no re-encoding at all and gives you the actual bits from the tivo. This will be the highest quality you can get, and is least likely to have A/V sync issues. You will have to use VLC or MPlayer OSX (extended) to view the movie though, since quicktime player can't understand the mpeg-2 file that is the result.
Anyone know if files created by mencoder "decrypt" (mpg file type) setting will play back on the Tivo?
stevemid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 03:06 PM   #614
NA9D

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemid View Post
Anyone know if files created by mencoder "decrypt" (mpg file type) setting will play back on the Tivo?
I do it all the time. Yes.

NA9D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 03:32 PM   #615
PacoII

File naming options?

Does anyone know if it is possible to control the outputted file name, possible via the advanced settings? I am transferring a whole season of a TV show, and want to know the order of the episodes via the file name. Using something like the show's date appended at the end in the file name would ideally be what I am looking to do.
PacoII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 06:01 PM   #616
codog24

Related question - my wife is a reporter and I want to extract several 2-minute clips out of 30 minute Tivo'd newscasts to compile a DVD of stories that she's done. I was planning on using iTivo to pull the clips onto my Mac using the H.264 5mbps setting, and then importing them into iMovie 09 to edit them (and ultimately burn a DVD using iDVD). However, when they open in iMovie, they're a squeezed square rather than a 4:3 video. Is there any way I can fix this?

Thanks!

Adam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoav View Post
resolution and aspect ratio are two independent values.

are you sure it's not 480x480 with a PAR of 4:3 ?

you can look at it with ffmpeg -i <filename>

I suspect quicktime is ignoring the PAR.. you may want to view it with VLC or MplayerOSX Extended...
If that's the case though, I don't know of any way to force quicktime to an aspect ratio..

codog24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 01:36 PM   #617
PanamaYellow

iTiVo with DirecTiVo

Can iTiVo be used with a DirecTiVo? I have a series2 that I've opened up with the 'zipper' and put on my network. So, I have access to it, but I don't find a MAK to use with iTiVo.

Thanks.

PY
PanamaYellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 10:31 AM   #618
codog24

Does anyone have any suggestions here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by codog24 View Post
Related question - my wife is a reporter and I want to extract several 2-minute clips out of 30 minute Tivo'd newscasts to compile a DVD of stories that she's done. I was planning on using iTivo to pull the clips onto my Mac using the H.264 5mbps setting, and then importing them into iMovie 09 to edit them (and ultimately burn a DVD using iDVD). However, when they open in iMovie, they're a squeezed square rather than a 4:3 video. Is there any way I can fix this?

Thanks!

Adam

codog24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 08:53 AM   #619
anod

I just downloaded and started using itivo. It looks promising. However, after downloading three shows, I keep getting the messafge that mencoder has quit . Now That's all I get. It won't down load any more shows. What can I do to fix this? I haven't even gotten into palying with iTivo or weeing what all it can do. I just wanted to download a few shows first. Any suggestions?
anod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 10:32 PM   #620
mattack

I checked the FAQ & basic documentation page.. I hope I'm not missing the obvious.

What are the two rectangular green button-ish things above the download/conversion progress bar? The left one seems always green, but I can toggle the right one.. but they don't seem to do anything.

Also, I'm not quite sure how I can do as 'minimal' a conversion as possible. I mean, I know I can use 'decrypt only' to do the equivalent of just tivodecode.. But if I want it playable in Quicktime -- how can I get the audio & video to match the original? (Just remux them so QT works with it?)
mattack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 02:28 AM   #621
mattack

ok, I guess the 'buttons' are really just showing which phase it's in (downloading/decoding). But it's confusing that you can click on the second one and toggle it.

My question about how to do as minimal a conversion as possible is still open.. Wow, on this 2 GHz Core Duo, it seems to take about real-time to reencode (I chose the non-HD MPEG-2 one for now).
Old 03-07-2010, 10:24 AM   #622
psywzrd

I'm having trouble connecting to one of my 2 S3 Tivos. The IP address and MAK are correct and I tried rebooting the unit - still no luck. I have no problem connecting to the other S3 in my house and I have been able to connect to the troublesome Tivo in the past. Any ideas?
psywzrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 08:04 PM   #623
Phantom Gremlin

can I just download raw .TiVo files?

I have yet another flaky WD DVR expander. So I'd like to move some files off the TiVo HD, then replace the internal hard drive with a bigger one (and scrap the expander), then move the files back to the TiVo HD.

Is there an option in iTiVo to only download files? I don't need to decrypt or transcode (lots of CPU) because I will just push these files back to the TiVo.

Am I missing something obvious? The "Format" in the preferences doesn't seem to offer a "raw" download-only option.

Thanks

Edit: I just checked code.google.com and I see that someone has already asked for this capability as "Issue 125".

Last edited by Phantom Gremlin : 03-25-2010 at 01:35 AM. Reason: found my answer
Phantom Gremlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 05:53 PM   #624
Marconi
TiVo Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom Gremlin View Post
I have yet another flaky WD DVR expander. So I'd like to move some files off the TiVo HD, then replace the internal hard drive with a bigger one (and scrap the expander), then move the files back to the TiVo HD.

Is there an option in iTiVo to only download files? I don't need to decrypt or transcode (lots of CPU) because I will just push these files back to the TiVo....

Edit: I just checked code.google.com and I see that someone has already asked for this capability as "Issue 125".
The least processor-intensive solution is to use just decrypt. FWIW, I compared decrypt to just downloading ".tivo" files via web browser and I think network bandwidth is going to be the limiting factor here. You might save processor work by not decrypting but you won't save much time.
Old 03-29-2010, 07:38 PM   #625
psywzrd

I'm having problems transferring a show from one of my Tivos to my Mac using iTivo. It's a 2hr program and it keep quitting after like an hour or so and I don't know why. Any idea why this would happen?
Old 03-29-2010, 10:51 PM   #626
Phantom Gremlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by psywzrd View Post
I'm having problems transferring a show from one of my Tivos to my Mac using iTivo. It's a 2hr program and it keep quitting after like an hour or so and I don't know why. Any idea why this would happen?
Are you sure you aren't running out of disk space on your Mac? Also you aren't perchance trying to transfer to a FAT-32 formatted partition?
Old 03-30-2010, 01:58 AM   #627
mattack

Quote:
Originally Posted by codog24 View Post
Does anyone have any suggestions here?
At least based upon my very little experience, you can edit them and *play* recordings that were made on digital channels fine in MPEG Streamclip, which is free. I seem to have very similar problems (wrong aspect ratio) of programs made on analog channels, and those only seem to play in VLC (usually wrong aspect ratio) or mPlayer (right aspect ratio but no editing capability whatsoever).

About iTivo -- what's the difference between "Decrypt" and "Decrypt/Copy"? I use the former to get the raw recordings off the Tivo...

And do any of these transfer programs (esp ones that work on a Mac) let you transfer FROM THE SAVED POINT? Esp since the portion I want to save is almost always the last section of a show, if I can only transfer 1/4 of it or whatever, that'd be better for me...
Old 03-30-2010, 02:10 AM   #628
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattack View Post
And do any of these transfer programs (esp ones that work on a Mac) let you transfer FROM THE SAVED POINT?
I don't think so. I tried a few ways to do it, but couldn't make it work. I think it's confined to MRV.

wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 11:14 AM   #629
psywzrd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom Gremlin View Post
Are you sure you aren't running out of disk space on your Mac? Also you aren't perchance trying to transfer to a FAT-32 formatted partition?
Tons of space avail on my Mac and its not FAT-32 - it's Mac OS Extended. It actually just stops transferring at different points - it's not just at the 1 hour mark.
Old 03-30-2010, 10:33 PM   #630
Phantom Gremlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by psywzrd View Post
Tons of space avail on my Mac and its not FAT-32 - it's Mac OS Extended. It actually just stops transferring at different points - it's not just at the 1 hour mark.
I haven't looked at the iTiVo code, but it's kind of hard to imagine what the code could be doing to screw up a transfer in the middle. Your TiVo hardware might be flaky (i.e. disk failure looming).

Have you ever tried to do a transfer using the TiVo's web server? You browse to:

https://your_tivo_IP_address

Note https, not http. Use tivo as the name, your MAK as the password.

That method works for me, but it's less "user friendly" than programs like iTiVo or kmttg.