TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-17-2009, 05:44 PM   #361
dlfl
Cranky old novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burger23 View Post
I am getting an error message after the QSF processing: Ad-Scan cancelled- Input file not found. Screenshot attached.

Ideas?

Thanks so much
A quick initial thought: I see you're using comskip for ad detection and outputting dvr-ms files. Have you successfully been using comskip with this file type prior to this? I tried comskip a couple of times on dvr-ms files and it crashed, although I may have configured it wrong.

Also can you check to see if the QSF output file it says is missing is actually there, and the name matches what TVAP is looking for?

"It must be swell to be so perfect and odor-free" -- Del Griffith

VideoReDo users: Try
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

pyTivo users: Try
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
dlfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 06:30 PM   #362
Burger23

Thanks for your prompt reply-

First, I included in the screenshot a Windows Explorer IE of the location: S:\QSF- the Closer ..._QST.dvr-ms file is indeed there.

Second, I have used Comskip to successfully edit dvr-ms files while using DVRMSToolbox on .wtv converted files. The error seems to be that VRD can not find the file in S:\QSF- wonder if it needs any specials permissions?

I tried it with the Comskip box UNCHECKED- but I got the same error
Burger23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 07:02 PM   #363
Burger23

I should add that I can manually convert .tivo, cut ads, and Save As a dvr-ms just fine. It is only when using the TivoVideoReDo software that I have this issue.
Old 12-17-2009, 07:49 PM   #364
dlfl
Cranky old novice

If your QSF destination drive is a USB drive or a network drive, can you try again with it set to a drive partition on an internal hard drive? Also try setting the output type to mpeg2. Keep the adscan set to VideoReDo Ad Detective for now. Let me know if either change makes a difference.

and
Old 12-17-2009, 10:07 PM   #365
Burger23

Your guess that Drive S was a USB drive was correct. I changed drive to drive E, a partitioned internal drive. I then started the process again, once with Comskip UNCHECKED- and once with Comskip checked ON. Unforntuately I got the same error.

I then tried another show- same error.
Old 12-18-2009, 08:23 AM   #366
dlfl
Cranky old novice

Quote:
Your guess that Drive S was a USB drive was correct. I changed drive to drive E, a partitioned internal drive. I then started the process again, once with Comskip UNCHECKED- and once with Comskip checked ON. Unforntuately I got the same error.

I then tried another show- same error.
Have you tried it with output type set to Mpeg2 ?

and
Old 12-18-2009, 10:57 AM   #367
Burger23

Sorry I forgot to try saving show as a mpg. I did that this morning and that indeed DID WORK CORRECTLY. But, of course, a mpg file is not visible in Windows Media Center. I believe I mentioned earlier that the process completes successfully if done manually in VRD.

Thanks for your assistance in troubleshooting
Old 12-18-2009, 02:36 PM   #368
dlfl
Cranky old novice

Quote:
Sorry I forgot to try saving show as a mpg. I did that this morning and that indeed DID WORK CORRECTLY. But, of course, a mpg file is not visible in Windows Media Center. I believe I mentioned earlier that the process completes successfully if done manually in VRD.

I understand you need dvr-ms output -- this was just a diagnostic exercise, and it tells me there probably is a bug in TVAP. I will look into it.

and
Old 12-18-2009, 03:32 PM   #369
dlfl
Cranky old novice

Quote:

Could you try your process with a short input video, please (e.g., 1 min., just edit a larger TiVo to a short one)? Keep VRD as the AdScan agent for now. I just did this and had no problems, so I'm wondering if your problem is somehow related to the file size (video length).

Edit: I've now processed a 2 GB file successfully.

and

Last edited by dlfl : 12-18-2009 at 04:47 PM.
Old 01-14-2010, 09:06 PM   #370
meowth

qsf script mods for video dimension changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlfl View Post
See this post.

If you're interested in the mentioned TVAP mod, post.
I routinely have tivo files that need the qsf with the filters for videoredo to process the files. I had tried using TVAP about a year ago hoping to automate the editing process for my media server but couldn't get it to work using the standard qsf. I just recently found a link to this thread talking about mods to the qsf script allowing it to do the filters. However, I can't figure out what needs to be changed and where in the script as I know nothing about scripting.

I know that I have about 5 different cable networks that I routinely need to do the filters with. Can the filters be set to select what resolution to use based on the channel name listed in the file name? (ex: FOODHD, DSCHD, SCIHD, HSTRYHD) I don't know what the syntax would need to be for the different resolutions. The main resolutions used for the various channels I have to use the filters on are 704x480, 1280x720, 1920x1080.
meowth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 11:03 PM   #371
dlfl
Cranky old novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowth View Post
I routinely have tivo files that need the qsf with the filters for videoredo to process the files. I had tried using TVAP about a year ago hoping to automate the editing process for my media server but couldn't get it to work using the standard qsf. I just recently found a link to this thread talking about mods to the qsf script allowing it to do the filters. However, I can't figure out what needs to be changed and where in the script as I know nothing about scripting.

I know that I have about 5 different cable networks that I routinely need to do the filters with. Can the filters be set to select what resolution to use based on the channel name listed in the file name? (ex: FOODHD, DSCHD, SCIHD, HSTRYHD) I don't know what the syntax would need to be for the different resolutions. The main resolutions used for the various channels I have to use the filters on are 704x480, 1280x720, 1920x1080.
No problem.

--Make a copy of QSF.vbs in your TVAP install directory and save it in case.
--Edit QSF.vbs by right clicking and selecting "Edit". Or load it in any text editor of your choice.
-- Find these two lines:
Code:
percentComplete = 0.0
if NOT VideoReDo.FileSaveAsEx (Args(1), Args(2)) = 0 then
-- Insert these lines between the above two lines:
Code:
if instr(Args(0), "the foobar show") > 0 then
   VideoReDo.SetFilterDimensions 704, 480
elseif instr(Args(0), "foobar with the stars") > 0 then
   VideoReDo.SetFilterDimensions 352, 480
elseif instr(Args(0), "foobar tonight") > 0 then
end if
(You can copy and paste right from this post.)
-- spacing and indentation are not critical, just make it look good to you.
-- Edit the lines you inserted to customize them as follows:
1. Replace the strings in quotes by your channel strings, e.g., "FOODHD", note: this is case sensitive and spaces, if any, DO count between quotes.
2. Substitute your corresponding dimension numbers.
3. If you need more comparisons, just repeat the elseif structure as needed.
Save the file and run TVAP.

If you have trouble post or pm me an exact table of matching strings and corresponding dimensions and I will send you the correct file.

and
Old 01-15-2010, 12:28 AM   #372
meowth

Quote:
[code]if instr(Args(0), "the foobar show") > 0 then
elseif instr(Args(0), "foobar with the stars") > 0 then
VideoReDo.SetFilterDimensions 352, 480
elseif instr(Args(0), "foobar tonight") > 0 then

if I read this right I would substitute:
1920, 1080
1280, 720
704, 480

for the 3 resolutions right?
Old 01-15-2010, 09:10 AM   #373
dlfl
Cranky old novice

Quote:
if I read this right I would substitute:
1920, 1080
1280, 720
704, 480

for the 3 resolutions right?
For each if or elseif clause you have to use the dimensions that correspond to whatever match string (channel name) you put between quotes in that clause. You don't give enough information in your posts for me to do this for you. (You mention 5 cable networks, give 4 channel-name examples, then only mention 3 resolution pairs. No way for me to deduce how they match up.)

and
Old 01-15-2010, 12:45 PM   #374
meowth

Quote:
For each if or elseif clause you have to use the dimensions that correspond to whatever match string (channel name) you put between quotes in that clause. You don't give enough information in your posts for me to do this for you. (You mention 5 cable networks, give 4 channel-name examples, then only mention 3 resolution pairs. No way for me to deduce how they match up.)
Sorry. That's what I get for posting tired. This is what I put in the qsf script for the channels I routinely find needing qsf. When I ran TDAP after that it now says it completed creating the qsf file then tries to run adscan but fails with file not found errors. It is not actually creating any qsf files as they normally take several minutes to create when run manually but says they complete through TVAP within 2 seconds. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

percentComplete = 0.0
if instr(Args(0), "FOODHD") > 0 then
VideoReDo.SetFilterDimensions 1920, 1080
elseif instr(Args(0), "DSCHD") > 0 then
elseif instr(Args(0), "SPIKEP") > 0 then
VideoReDo.SetFilterDimensions 528, 480
if instr(Args(0), "SCIHD") > 0 then
elseif instr(Args(0), "HSTRYHD") > 0 then
VideoReDo.SetFilterDimensions 1280, 720
elseif instr(Args(0), "GOLFHD") > 0 then
if instr(Args(0), "TRUTVP") > 0 then
elseif instr(Args(0), "HGTVD") > 0 then
end if
Old 01-15-2010, 02:26 PM   #375
dlfl
Cranky old novice

Quote:
Sorry. That's what I get for posting tired. This is what I put in the qsf script for the channels I routinely find needing qsf. When I ran TDAP after that it now says it completed creating the qsf file then tries to run adscan but fails with file not found errors. It is not actually creating any qsf files as they normally take several minutes to create when run manually but says they complete through TVAP within 2 seconds. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

percentComplete = 0.0
if instr(Args(0), "SCIHD") > 0 then
if instr(Args(0), "TRUTVP") > 0 then
end if
I see some syntax errors where "if" was used where "elseif" should be. Here is a corrected version:
Code:
elseif instr(Args(0), "SCIHD") > 0 then
elseif instr(Args(0), "TRUTVP") > 0 then
end if
Is SPIKEP really supposed to be 528x480 ? (It's possible, just seems odd.)

and
Old 01-16-2010, 05:00 AM   #376
meowth

Quote:
I see some syntax errors where "if" was used where "elseif" should be.

Is SPIKEP really supposed to be 528x480 ? (It's possible, just seems odd.)

Thanks. That fixed it. Seems to be working well now. And yes that is the resolution of the tivo files that were recorded off spike network. I took the dimensions from each tivo file according to what was listed in videoredo's filter box on the quickstream fix. Some of the files would have 2 resolutions to choose from but the ones from spike only had the one choice.

Anyway thanks again. This is an awesome little program that is going to make things so much easier. Be really nice to get up in the morning to find the videos already ad scanned and ready for manual cutting.
Old 01-22-2010, 04:25 PM   #377
dlfl
Cranky old novice

TVAP Ver. 0.80 - TVSuite 4 MPEG4 output support!

TVAP is ready to capitalize on the new TV Suite 4 !

TV Suite Ver. 4 and output profiles:

TVAP at startup will automatically determine from the registry if you have TVS4 installed.
If you don't have TVS4, the TVAP GUI features associated with TVS4 profiles will be disabled
but the program will run as before with earlier versions of VRD.

As always, if you have multiple versions of VRD installed, TVAP will run the COM functions
from the last version you ran in GUI mode. Thus if you want to use TVS4 features
(i.e., output profiles), be sure TVS4 was the one last run in GUI mode.

To use an output profile:
a. select "Profile" in the OutputType pull-down box.
b. Enter the profile name and the desired output file extension in the appropriate boxes
to the right.
The profile name MUST MATCH EXACTLY (including spaces and capitalization) the name of a
valid profile name (either built-in or created by you in the GUI version). Choose a file
extension appropriate for your profile. This extension will be used for the output file
whether it makes sense or not. (You can change it later in Windows Explorer if you goof.)

Hint: Profile definitions are maintained by TVS4 in file "outputProfiles.xml", which is
located in "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\VideoReDo" on my XP machine.
A sure-fire way to get correct exact profile names is to bring this file up in a text
editor (usually right-click, select "edit" will do it) and select and copy the name from
the <name> element of the desired profile. (BE CAREFUL NOT to MODIFY this file!)

Eventually profile and extension setting will more automated, but this is pending VideoReDo
creating a new COM function to support that (and pending my writing the code to use it).

Note that if you use a two-step process (QSF then AdScan/Comskip) the intermediate file (QSF'ed one)
will always be a mpeg2 (.mpg) when you are in profile output mode. Also, if you just want to get
a transcoded output file, configure QSF only, with an appropriate profile.

If you have problems, revert to Version 0.76 and let me know the details.

Here's the **download link** for your convenience.

and

Last edited by dlfl : 01-23-2010 at 10:46 AM.
Old 01-25-2010, 12:37 PM   #378
tannebil

I'm using 0.80 on Win7 HP 64-bit and VRD 4.20.2.594 to transcode into H.264.

How does TVAP decide that a Tivo transfer is complete? I'm having an unreleated problem with TTG where transfers interrupt every five minutes and resume 5 minutes later. TVAP started processing the Tivo file after first interruption even though TTG did not show the transfer as complete. Ignoring the interruption problem, is this going to be an issue whenever a transfer doesn't complete in a single session, e.g. the TIVO reboots, there's a network connection problem, the PC reboots, etc...?
tannebil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 01:55 PM   #379
dlfl
Cranky old novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by tannebil View Post
I'm using 0.80 on Win7 HP 64-bit and VRD 4.20.2.594 to transcode into H.264.

How does TVAP decide that a Tivo transfer is complete? I'm having an unreleated problem with TTG where transfers interrupt every five minutes and resume 5 minutes later. TVAP started processing the Tivo file after first interruption even though TTG did not show the transfer as complete. Ignoring the interruption problem, is this going to be an issue whenever a transfer doesn't complete in a single session, e.g. the TIVO reboots, there's a network connection problem, the PC reboots, etc...?
Yes this is probably going to be a problem. TVAP monitors the file size and when it sees it hasn't increased for a certain time period (much less than 5 minutes) it assumes the transfer is done. I don't know any other way to determine when a transfer is completed.

You could try **TiVoPlaylist** instead of TiVo Desktop for the transfers. Presumably one way or another you will get past this TTG problem, which certainly isn't normal behavior. Then TVAP will work correctly.

I might be able to mod TVAP so it waits 10 minutes to decide a transfer is complete but I doubt that would be desirable for most users, and I think the real solution is to fix your TTG problems. Are you already getting help on that in another thread?

Edit: I see you have another thread on the TTG problem and have tried TiVoPlaylist.

and

Last edited by dlfl : 01-25-2010 at 02:08 PM.
Old 01-25-2010, 11:01 PM   #380
dlfl
Cranky old novice

TVAP Ver. 0.81 - Easy profile selection

For TVS4 users, there is now an Output Profile pull-down selector that selects from the existing profiles. The profile selection also fills in a default output file extension (e.g. .mp4) appropriate for the selected profile, but you can edit the extension (e.g., if you need .m4v instead of .mp4).

TVAP reads the the profile information using new com functions just provided by VRD in TVS4 build 595 (Thanks to Dan203 and the other VRD developers). Thus you need to upgrade to that build before using TVAP 0.81. Operation with VRD Plus and VRD TVSuite 3 should be fine -- the profile functionality will be disabled for those VRD programs.

In view of the rapid changes with little testing, I've left two previous versions of TVAP on the download site:

0.76 is the pre-TVS4 version. Will not work correctly with TVS4.
0.80 is the first TVS4-compatible version with manually entered profile names

and

Last edited by dlfl : 01-27-2010 at 10:52 PM. Reason: Ver. 0.76 will NOT work with TVS4
Old 01-27-2010, 08:52 PM   #381
dlfl
Cranky old novice

TVAP Ver. 0.82

- Improved output file extension fill-ins when selecting output profiles.
- Now writes pyTiVo metadata file in output folder along with all profile-type output video files.

and
Old 02-03-2010, 03:07 PM   #382
dlfl
Cranky old novice

TVAP Ver. 0.83

3 February 2010 Ver. 0.83
Fixed -- TVAPpostProcess did not run in some cases using output profiles ("_QSF" file naming issue)
Fixed -- TVAPcleanUp batch passed file name arg sometimes was wrong (another "_QSF" issue)
Added CL arg: "-metabtv" which causes an XML-formatted metadata file for use with Beyond TV
to be generated.
Improved tooltips and Activity message to indicate that QSF's for profile outputs will transcode per
the selected profile.
Improved parsing of call sign meta item from TiVo file name to handle different formatting used
by TiVoPlaylist.

and
Old 02-12-2010, 09:14 PM   #383
tinytool

Awesome program, Great job!!!
tinytool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 09:50 PM   #384
dlfl
Cranky old novice

TVAP Ver. 0.84

Minor fixes:

17 February 2010 Ver. 0.84
Fixed -- Profile selection disabled when no video file in transfer folder.
Fixed -- Obscure bug: If TVAP couldn't find TiVo transfer folder in registry and user shut down before setting it manually, would be unable to restart TVAP.

and
Old 02-19-2010, 09:05 PM   #385
dlfl
Cranky old novice

TVAP Ver. 0.85 -- No more UAC prompts

19 Feb 2010 Ver. 0.85

Major Change -- Program no longer writes files to runtime folder (in program files) but to %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\TVAP. (To see what this is on your pc, open a command window and type "echo %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\TVAP". It varies depending on what version of Windows you have.) Files affected are TivoFileManager.xml, TiVoVRDAutoProcessLog.txt, stopper.txt, and arglog.txt.
If upgrading to this version and you want to retain the file status database from a previous version of TVAP you need to copy the TiVoFileManager.xml file to the new data directory. Recommended procedure: (1) Start TVAP and get the message about needing to set folders etc., then (2) shut it down. This will create the data folder. Then (3) delete the new xml file just created in the data folder and copy the previous xml file (from the TVAP install folder in Program Files) to that folder and (4) restart TVAP. This change was made to allow TVAP to run in Vista and Win 7 without requiring "run as administrator" elevation (e.g., the UAC prompt).

Changed -- Until now TVAP would disable DVR-MS output if not running as administrator. Testing on Windows 7 and XP indicates this is no longer necessary. Thus DVR-MS output is now always enabled. This has not been tested on Vista so could be a problem. If so, a workaround is to set program and/or shortcut properties to force running as administrator.

Changed –- ComSkip commercial detection is now enabled for DVR-MS files. It still doesn’t work for me but it clearly is intended to work with DVR-MS files, so I leave it up to the user to try it out.

Another minor change: TVAP-ReadMe is now a PDF file.

and
Old 02-26-2010, 07:49 PM   #386
dlfl
Cranky old novice

Red face TVAP Ver. 0.86, Changed the data location again

Sorry for all the changes -- mostly related to Windows 7. I suspect the number of people who fully understand Win7 accounts and permissions is not much greater than the number who fully understand the U.S. Tax Code! I think I've got a good solution now so you don't need UAC elevation, and different logons (user accounts) can use TVAP without interference or other problems.

Major Change – TVAP data files have been moved to user-logon-specific folders defined by %APPDATA%\TVAP.

(Type echo %APPDATA%\TVAP at a command prompt to see where this is for your logon.)

The common location (%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\TVAP) was not working out on Windows 7 – too many file and folder permissions problems when switching between user logons as well as virtual folders being created all over the place. Now, if you run TVAP with a different logon for the first time, you are starting over. Also, you should NOT try to share the same TVAP folders (AdScan, QSF, etc) for different user logons. Note that both VideoReDo and TivoDesktop follow this same principle. Each different logon will have to be individually configured. Note that in Windows 7 if you use your administrative powers to copy data files (e.g., TiVoFileManager.xml) between data folders for different logons, you need to check the file permissions of the destination file and ensure it has full control for the logon that will use that data folder.

For Windows 7 the data folder (%APPDATA%\TVAP) is:
C:\Users\<User account name>\AppData\Roaming\TVAP. This folder will not exist until TVAP is run the first time on a user logon.

Changed – Added code to enable TVAP to determine the VideoReDo installation folder and which VRD program is installed for users who do not have administrator privileges.

Fixed – “Run VideoReDo” button failed with error message for VRD TVSuite 4 Build 596 or later because VRD changed the name of the executable file.

Fixed – If TVAP is unable to read the Profiles when running TVS4, a descriptive error message is displayed suggesting running VRD once as administrator (rather than just crashing) – this is a COM function issue.

and
Old 02-26-2010, 11:35 PM   #387
Burger23

A picture is worth a 100 words!
9:12:46 Input started
9:12:50 QSF complete

Obviously this is not possible that fast- D:\TEMP QSF\ does not have anything in it

Any ideas?
Thanks
Old 02-27-2010, 06:30 AM   #388
dlfl
Cranky old novice

Burger23,

First can you provide some details about your setup:

Operating System
Version of VideoReDo (Based on your screen shot it would NOT be TVSuite 4.)
What type of drives are the folders you're using? Obviously the AdScan folder is a network drive.

Has anything recently changed about your setup other than installing TVAP 0.85 ?

Two things stand out from your screen shot:
1. You are transferring a lot of files. This should not be a problem. What is the transfer agent? TiVoDesktop? TiVoPlaylist? Or by chance are you copying these in from another folder?

2. This one is very suspicious: Within a second or two of starting a VRD COM function (such as QSF) there is always a log message giving the version of VRD being invoked -- and this is not in your log display. This strongly suggests a problem of TVAP not being able to access the COM objects. This is a known issue with Windows 7 at least and the usual fix is to run VRD one time with "Run as administrator" set. (In Win7, Right click the VRD shortcut and select "Run as administrator". Not sure about Vista as I never had it. In XP, right click shortcut, select "Run as..." and uncheck the "protect.." checkbox.). If you are actually running TV Suite 4, this COM problem is definitely the issue, since that explains why the Profile pull-down selector did not populate.

Try opening the file in question manually in VRD and doing a QSF with the same input and output folders - just to verify there is no problem with the file or your VRD installation.

I strongly recommend installing TVAP 0.86 before further testing.

and
Old 02-27-2010, 12:15 PM   #389
Burger23

Thanks for your prompt reply.
OK- I am running Windows 7 64-bit with TiVo Desktop 2.8 with Video-Re-Do Plus. I also tried TVAP on a Windows 7 32-bit machine. And I have tried TVAP versions .76, .85, and .86.

I have tried with several different shows- I have moved shows to different computers. All shows I tried played fine as .tivo with Windows Media Player.

I have been using TVAP for a couple years with great results. This all started with a clean install on my primary computer (Windows 64 bit). As mentioned above, I also switched to my laptop (Windows 7 32-bit) after copying the show to a local laptop directory.

In all cases TVAP reports that QSF processing has completed in less than 1 second.

Any other suggestions for troubleshooting- this is very odd :-)
Old 02-27-2010, 01:07 PM   #390
Burger23

I forgot to mention that I always open TVAP using Run as Administrator