TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-18-2009, 07:48 AM   #1651
theodolite

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
Then I don't really know what the trouble is. You confirmed that the same curl command kmttg uses works from a command line shell, so not sure why it doesn't produce proper file name when called from java. Note that java is simply making a system call using Runtime.getRuntime().exec(String[] command) so not sure why curl does not spit out the correct file name when invoked that way...
If you have access to a Windows machine perhaps try running kmttg from there to see if it makes a difference.
I've installed Windows XP SP2, JRE 6 update 17 and use the same version of KMTTG v0p7f. It works fine on Windows. It seems I have to run on windows and copy the result to my Mac. However, still thanks your help.
theodolite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 09:28 PM   #1652
jemkeith

converted video has wrong aspect ratio

I recently changed TiVo's (both are series 2). Now when I decrypt a video, the resulting mpg video seems to be 480 X 480 instead of 720 X 480. I have to tell VLC that the aspect ratio is 4:3. This happens whether or not I use VideoReDo to do the decrypt. Both WMP and VLC play the mpg file in the wrong ratio. WMP plays the TiVo file in the correct aspect ratio.
I never had a problem before and when I convert a TiVo file from my old TiVo, the aspect ratio on the mpg is correct.
I'm sure there is a setting somewhere that I can't find. Can you all help?
jemkeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 08:02 AM   #1653
Beantownbeanie

Help!!!

Hi,
I had a HD camera that had my vacation movies. I wanted to view them so I did the usual...not realize I had my settings to throw out the mp whatever after conversion. Well the conversions all came out to 1KB and my original movies are gone.
Anybody know where they went? I did the usual search and they are not in the trash...so where did they go? Is there any chance to recover them?
Beantownbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 10:06 AM   #1654
headroll
Let em' Roll

I have found that the ff_zune profile is not working properly. When files are placed in a directory visible by the Zune software, it attempts to further convert before transferring to the Zune, and fails in the process.

Has anyone had any sucess with this profile or another to move files to the zune?

-Roll
headroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 11:47 AM   #1655
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by headroll View Post
I have found that the ff_zune profile is not working properly. When files are placed in a directory visible by the Zune software, it attempts to further convert before transferring to the Zune, and fails in the process.

Has anyone had any sucess with this profile or another to move files to the zune?

-Roll
I think I remember seeing somewhere where latest Zune went the way of Apple iPod format, so perhaps try one of the ipod formats to see if they work. Or if you know the exact specs of what zune expects post them here and we can come up with a profile.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 11:52 AM   #1656
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantownbeanie View Post
Hi,
I had a HD camera that had my vacation movies. I wanted to view them so I did the usual...not realize I had my settings to throw out the mp whatever after conversion. Well the conversions all came out to 1KB and my original movies are gone.
Anybody know where they went? I did the usual search and they are not in the trash...so where did they go? Is there any chance to recover them?
No, the delete from Java is permanent unfortunately (does not send to Recycle Bin).

Old 12-19-2009, 12:05 PM   #1657
headroll
Let em' Roll

Quote:
I think I remember seeing somewhere where latest Zune went the way of Apple iPod format, so perhaps try one of the ipod formats to see if they work. Or if you know the exact specs of what zune expects post them here and we can come up with a profile.
Zune Specs ... any help is appreciated

Windows Media Video (WMV)

Video Settings:

Codec: Windows Media Video 9
Simple Profile – up to 320×240, 10 frames per second and 1.5 Mbps
Main Profile – up to 720×480, 30 frames per second and 3 Mbps
Main Profile – 720×576 pixels resolution (up to 25 frames per second) and ?? Mbps
Constant Bit Rate (CBR) or Variable Bit Rate (VBR)

Audio Settings:

Codec: Windows Media Audio 9.0 or higher
Up to 192 kbps audio bit rate, 44.1 kHz sample rate, stereo, CBR

Note: High-Definition (HD) WMV files will sync with transcoding

MPEG-4 (MP4/M4V)

Video Settings:

Part 2 Simple Profile with AAC audio
Up to 2.5 Mbps peak video rate
720×480 pixels resolution (up to 30 frames per second)
720×576 pixels resolution (up to 25 frames per second)

Note: High-Definition (HD) MPEG-4 files will sync with transcoding

H.264 Video

Video Settings:

Baseline Profile with AAC Audio
Up to 2.5 Mbps peak video bit rate
720×480 pixels resolution (up to 30 frames per second)
720×576 pixels resolution (up to 25 frames per second)

High-Definition (HD) H.264 files will sync with transcoding
headroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 02:10 PM   #1658
moyekj

ffmpeg won't encode to WMV9 so WMV is out. Try the following mpeg4:
ff_zune_mp4.enc
Code:
# Description (single line, keep short)
<description>
mpeg4 container, 720x480 30fps xvid video, 2 chan 48KHz/128Kbps aac audio

# Encode command or script (single line)
# Known keywords: FFMPEG, HANDBRAKE, MENCODER, PERL, INPUT, OUTPUT, PWD, CPU_CORES, SRTFILE
<command>
FFMPEG -y -i INPUT -threads CPU_CORES -vcodec libxvid -maxrate 2000k -qmin 3 -qmax 5 -bufsize 5096k -g 300 -acodec libfaac -ac 2 -ab 128k -ar 48000 -s 720x480 -r 29.97 -b 1500k -f mp4 OUTPUT

# Encoded output file extension
<extension>
mp4
EDIT: There was a typo in above. It should be -ab 128k instead of -ab 128. I also added 48KHz sample rate.

Last edited by moyekj : 12-23-2009 at 01:15 PM.
Old 12-19-2009, 06:30 PM   #1659
nickhaas33

Videoredo

For those that have videoredo, is it worth the extra money for the TVsuite version? I see KMTTG supports videoredo pretty extensively, and wondering if I just get the "plus" version, if I will be cheating myself out of some good functionality just to save $25.
I like this new Java based version by the way!
Thanks very much.
nickhaas33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 06:33 PM   #1660
nickhaas33

Quote:
No, the delete from Java is permanent unfortunately (does not send to Recycle Bin).
Might be able to recover the file(s) with a utility from the makers of CCleaner called recuva.
http://www.piriform.com/recuva
nickhaas33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 12:21 PM   #1661
Brillian1080p

Here I was ready to give up on transferring videos from my expensive Tivo 3 series, and I find this program. I've been away from this forum for awhile and I'm glad I checked back.

I've read through the installation and release notes for kmttg and downloaded the latest version. Made a backup and restore point on Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit.

During installation does kmttg check if VideoRedo is already installed? I already have the latest version installed and running smoothly.

Last edited by Brillian1080p : 12-20-2009 at 12:45 PM.
Brillian1080p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 01:08 PM   #1662
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brillian1080p View Post
During installation does kmttg check if VideoRedo is already installed? I already have the latest version installed and running smoothly.
No, you have to manually enter path to your VideoRedo installation directory. See configuring_kmttg and VideoRedo_configuration Wiki pages or pay attention to the tooltip popups over configuration items.

Old 12-20-2009, 01:50 PM   #1663
Brillian1080p

I should have been clearer. I read the installation, release and configuration notes.

I was assuming, but wanted to ask first, that your program would not install VideoRedo if it was already installed. That's why I asked if it would "check" for ViedoRedo.

Thank you for responding. If this program only accomplishes half of it's features I'll be very happy! From what I've read you did a fantastic job.
Brillian1080p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 09:28 AM   #1664
jmsxl

Curious problem... With v0p7f, the NPL display "hangs" after being downloaded from the TiVo. None of the buttons, check-boxes, scroll-bar, etc. respond. If I switch the view to FILES and then come back to the TiVo then everything works fine from then on. This is a fresh install in a new directory. Java is v1.5.0_11. This problem doesn't occur with v0p7e.
jmsxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 09:47 AM   #1665
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmsxl View Post
Curious problem... With v0p7f, the NPL display "hangs" after being downloaded from the TiVo. None of the buttons, check-boxes, scroll-bar, etc. respond. If I switch the view to FILES and then come back to the TiVo then everything works fine from then on. This is a fresh install in a new directory. Java is v1.5.0_11. This problem doesn't occur with v0p7e.
Biggest GUI related change from 7e->7f is variable font size support which is what I would suspect. Is it only the 1st time that NPL download hangs or is it every time (i.e. if you refresh list does it hang again)? Also what OS are you using?

Old 12-22-2009, 09:10 PM   #1666
jmsxl

Quote:
Biggest GUI related change from 7e->7f is variable font size support which is what I would suspect. Is it only the 1st time that NPL download hangs or is it every time (i.e. if you refresh list does it hang again)? Also what OS are you using?
Populating the NPL only hangs the first time, when I start kmttg. Refresh of NPL is fine. OS is Win XP Pro SP3. Also, I updated my Java JDK/JRE to 1.5.0_22 (latest release) -- no difference. Thanks,

Last edited by jmsxl : 12-22-2009 at 09:39 PM.
Old 12-23-2009, 01:01 AM   #1667
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmsxl View Post
Populating the NPL only hangs the first time, when I start kmttg. Refresh of NPL is fine. OS is Win XP Pro SP3. Also, I updated my Java JDK/JRE to 1.5.0_22 (latest release) -- no difference. Thanks,
If you adjust font size does that hang the GUI as well? (File->Configure->General->GUI Font Size). The change vs 7e is last stage of GUI creation calls routine to set all GUI text to configured font size and that's where I suspect the problem may be when you are starting kmttg.
Actually latest Java (JRE) is 1.6.x. Don't know if that will help but it might.

Old 12-23-2009, 02:26 AM   #1668
spocko
TiVo HD

I'm also running kmttg v0p7f on XP Pro SP3 and I don't see the problem that jmsxl has reported. I played with the font size, and everything seems to work as intended. The current JRE version is ver 1.6.0_17 (a.k.a. Java 6 Update 17).
spocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 07:35 AM   #1669
dae3dae3

I just wanted to say thank you to the developer of this software. :-)

I continue to be dumbfounded that free software solutions tend to be so much better than the junk people want you to pay for. This software is awesome.

THANKS!!!
dae3dae3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 09:18 AM   #1670
stujac

It's a wonderful thing, isn't it? This guy is a hero.
Old 12-23-2009, 09:54 AM   #1671
jbernardis

FWIW - I Sometimes have problems populating the NPL on kmttg startup, but this only seems to happen if the tivo IP address has changed. It doesn't hang - I just get an error message (don't ask for specifics - I'm not at home right now). Hitting the refresh button fixes things.
1 Win7 HTPC with Ceton Quad Tuner

jbernardis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 10:40 AM   #1672
Stormspace
Electrocuted by TiVo

Quote:
Originally Posted by headroll View Post

-Roll
The iPhone profile seems to be a little off as well. I always have to convert the video in iTunes before it will sync to the iPod Touch.
180hr S2

Stormspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 11:54 AM   #1673
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormspace View Post
The iPhone profile seems to be a little off as well. I always have to convert the video in iTunes before it will sync to the iPod Touch.
I need feedback on all these encoding profiles since I don't have most of these portable devices. I checked iPod & iPhone detailed specs and found various problems with ff_ipod_low_res and ff_ipod_high_res profiles.
Video: Must be 30fps, so added -r 29.97
Audio: Must be 2 channel, 48KHz and 160Kbps or less, so added -ac 2 -ab 128k -ar 48000

Can someone with iPod/iPhone please correct ff_ipod_high_res.enc file under kmttg encode folder to look like below and see that it syncs without changes to iPod or iPhone and plays correctly? (NOTE: This profile is well suited for iPhone as well)
Code:
# Description (single line, keep short)
<description>
mpeg4 container, 640x480 30fps xvid video, 48KHz/128Kbps 2 chan aac audio

# Encode command or script (single line)
# Known keywords: FFMPEG, HANDBRAKE, MENCODER, PERL, INPUT, OUTPUT, PWD, CPU_CORES, SRTFILE
<command>
FFMPEG -y -i INPUT -threads CPU_CORES -vcodec libxvid -maxrate 2000k -qmin 3 -qmax 5 -bufsize 5096k -g 300 -acodec libfaac -ac 2 -ab 128k -ar 48000 -s 640x480 -r 29.97 -b 1500k -f mp4 OUTPUT

# Encoded output file extension
<extension>
mp4

Old 12-23-2009, 01:50 PM   #1674
greg256

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikek2 View Post
Thanks moyekj for creating this update for kmttg for us Aus/NZ users. I have downloaded and decrypted a number of TS files now and all seems to be working fine. The maximum speed I got from the Tivo with the TS format was 20Mb/s but most seemed to be around 15Mb/s in speed. I haven't tried many in PS but one I tried just now was around 10Mb/s. So the increase in speed seems to be around 50% reduction. Definitely worthwhile. Thanks again.
Hmmm... my NZ TiVo seems to only allow transfers in TS format (really fast, but tivodecode doesn't recognise the files), and all PS transfers fail (server busy, or hangs after 12 KB). Similarly, when going to https: //(mytivoip)/nowplaying/index.html, "Download MPEG-TS" works a charm, but "Download MPEG-PS" gives "Server Busy - too many transfers in progress".
Some related information appears on the streambaby forums under the "Latest TiVo firmware in Australia and New Zealand disables Streambaby" issue.

In short, has anyone in NZ had success with any method of decoding?

Last edited by greg256 : 12-23-2009 at 02:06 PM. Reason: additional info
greg256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 08:41 PM   #1675
jmsxl

Quote:
Originally Posted by spocko View Post
I'm also running kmttg v0p7f on XP Pro SP3 and I don't see the problem that jmsxl has reported. I played with the font size, and everything seems to work as intended. The current JRE version is ver 1.6.0_17 (a.k.a. Java 6 Update 17).
I installed Java 1.6.0_17 and no problems populating the NPL, so I'll write this one off as a Java bug. Thanks moyekj and spocko for the suggestions.
Old 12-24-2009, 12:09 AM   #1676
spocko
TiVo HD

Quote:
Originally Posted by stujac View Post
It's a wonderful thing, isn't it? This guy is a hero.
+1! Many thanks to moyekj.

jmsxl, glad to hear that the new java version resolved the NPL issue.
spocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 01:55 AM   #1677
mikek2

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg256 View Post
Hmmm... my NZ TiVo seems to only allow transfers in TS format (really fast, but tivodecode doesn't recognise the files), and all PS transfers fail (server busy, or hangs after 12 KB). Similarly, when going to https: //(mytivoip)/nowplaying/index.html, "Download MPEG-TS" works a charm, but "Download MPEG-PS" gives "Server Busy - too many transfers in progress".
Some related information appears on the streambaby forums under the "Latest TiVo firmware in Australia and New Zealand disables Streambaby" issue.

In short, has anyone in NZ had success with any method of decoding?
Until tivodecode is updated to support TS files, the only way I know of decoding them is by using VideoRedo, but unfortunately you'll have to buy it. In saying that, it is a very useful program anyway and well worth the money. Also, as you've no doubt noticed, kmttg has just been updated to allow downloads of TS files and using VideoRedo for the decoding (as well as commercial detecting and cutting) for us AU/NZ users.

Edit: If VideoRedo cannot decode your NZ TS files (they certainly work for Aus), then it would worthwhile directing a question to the developers of VideoRedo.

I hope this helps.

Mike
mikek2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 09:04 AM   #1678
AbMagFab
What happened, TiVo?

Is there some reason kmttg takes more than 3x the time to download a movie off a Tivo compared to using pyTivo directly?

I can download a 2-hour 1080i movie using Tivo Desktop or pyTivo in about 2-3 hours. With kmttg, it's consistently taking 9-10 hours.

What's up with this?

Multiple S3s, HDs, HDXLs, Premieres - all looking like relics now
TiVo is on it's way out -
!
AbMagFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 10:46 AM   #1679
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbMagFab View Post
Is there some reason kmttg takes more than 3x the time to download a movie off a Tivo compared to using pyTivo directly?

I can download a 2-hour 1080i movie using Tivo Desktop or pyTivo in about 2-3 hours. With kmttg, it's consistently taking 9-10 hours.

What's up with this?
First I've heard of that and that is contrary to my experience. kmttg is simply using curl to pull the shows so should be no slower than any other method. Perhaps your firewall and/or virus software doesn't have the proper exception for curl? Other than that make sure you aren't pulling or pushing other shows to the TiVo at the same time which obviously will slow things down considerably.

Old 12-24-2009, 11:14 AM   #1680
kearygriffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbMagFab View Post

What's up with this?
Is it possible that pyTivo is only set to do "retrieval" as an encrypted .TiVo file (haven't used it for TiVo->PC, so not even sure if it has a setting for anything else), whereas kmttg is setup to do retrieval + decoding + conversion to MP4 (or some other) format?

Just guessing as to what would cause a large time difference between the two.

kearygriffin is offline   Reply With Quote