TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-08-2009, 04:03 PM   #1591
alancommike

No metadata files without decoding?

With the latest *7f, if I just download a .Tivo file without decoding, I'm not getting a metadata file. Error is as such:
metadata files setting=last but file(s) not available for this task set
Probably something broke with the intro of the <metadata_files>? I have this set to last, but changing it to something else doesn't give me metadata.

Thanks,

...alan
alancommike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 04:51 PM   #1592
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by alancommike View Post
With the latest *7f, if I just download a .Tivo file without decoding, I'm not getting a metadata file. Error is as such:
metadata files setting=last but file(s) not available for this task set
Probably something broke with the intro of the <metadata_files>? I have this set to last, but changing it to something else doesn't give me metadata.

Thanks,

...alan
That is expected behavior. The metadata file has to be named after a video file, such as file.mpg.txt or file_cut.mpg.txt or file.mp4.txt. If you don't enable at least the decrypt task then there is only a .TiVo file available, and it doesn't really make sense to have a .TiVo.txt metadata file since the .TiVo file has embedded metadata anyway.
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 03:13 PM   #1593
chris0331

auto transfer improvement

Noticed a problem where if you record several shows in a row it can end up skipping some shows because of the the date filter. I have kmttg check my tivo every hour, and most of the shows I record are news shows that don't have unique episode ids. Therefore, I rely on the date filter to keep from downloading shows that have already been processed.

Anyway, I downloaded the source and made some changes in the auto.java file. It checks the tivo every CHECK_TIVOS_INTERVAL, even if it downloaded a show in between. Unless the download took longer than the interval, in which case it checks the tivo right after the download finishes.

Let me know if you have any questions/comments. Also, I only have one Series2 tivo so I haven't been able to test it on multiple tivos. The code seems like it should work on multiple tivos, but I have no way to test.

Thanks,
Chris
Attached Files
File Type: txt auto.java.txt (34.2 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by chris0331 : 12-09-2009 at 03:29 PM.
chris0331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 03:51 PM   #1594
moyekj

chris0331, I think you don't really need to use date filter anymore to avoid re-downloads of shows without programId. Starting with version 0p7e kmttg will now generate a unique programId for shows that don't already have them and will use that in auto.history file to prevent re-downloads of those shows. So you should try without date filter to see if it meets your needs.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-09-2009, 05:54 PM   #1595
chris0331

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
chris0331, I think you don't really need to use date filter anymore to avoid re-downloads of shows without programId. Starting with version 0p7e kmttg will now generate a unique programId for shows that don't already have them and will use that in auto.history file to prevent re-downloads of those shows. So you should try without date filter to see if it meets your needs.
Sorry for the confusion. It's not that the shows don't have program ids, it's just that they aren't unique. I'm downloading shows that I've had to add ignorehistory entries to auto.ini, and I'm recording several such shows in a row every weekday. As a result, the only thing controlling which show is downloaded is the date filter.

My situation only applies to using kmttg as a background service to download several such programs with ignorehistory entries in a row. So, it would seem to be an uncommon situation, but the above solution works well for me and I thought I'd share it with others in case they have the same problem.

Thanks,
Chris
chris0331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 09:36 AM   #1596
theodolite

I have a problem. I'm using v07pf in Mac OS X 10.6.2. The downloaded show's name is URLEncoded(I'm Taiwan user, the show's name is Chinese). But the file name for encoding is not encoded. So I have to decode the file name then transcoding manually. I hope to fix the output from decrypt is URLEncoded. Can any one help on this?
theodolite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 09:49 AM   #1597
Stormspace
Electrocuted by TiVo

Any way to change the suffix on the filename after the cut operation? Ideally I'd like for the filename to be in the standard format TiVo looks for once the final operation is performed. I can do that through the tool, but on the cut operation it adds the "_cut" to the end of the file. Perhaps as part of the check box that deletes the original MPG after the cut it renames the file?
180hr S2

Stormspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 12:35 PM   #1598
alancommike

I used to get the metadata on an older version. The metadata is useful for other scripts and makes everything consistent, whether or not it's a .Tivo file or other format.
Old 12-10-2009, 01:15 PM   #1599
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormspace View Post
Any way to change the suffix on the filename after the cut operation? Ideally I'd like for the filename to be in the standard format TiVo looks for once the final operation is performed. I can do that through the tool, but on the cut operation it adds the "_cut" to the end of the file. Perhaps as part of the check box that deletes the original MPG after the cut it renames the file?
What do you mean by "standard" file name that TiVo looks for? The file still has .mpg extension.
Perhaps you can use "custom" task to rename the file. For example for Linux OS define the custom command in kmttg config to be something like:
/bin/mv [mpegFile_cut] [mpegFile]

Old 12-10-2009, 01:19 PM   #1600
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by alancommike View Post
I used to get the metadata on an older version. The metadata is useful for other scripts and makes everything consistent, whether or not it's a .Tivo file or other format.
I could probably add "tivoFile" to metadata files choices and you would end up with .TiVo.txt file. Would that suffice?

Old 12-10-2009, 01:21 PM   #1601
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by theodolite View Post
I have a problem. I'm using v07pf in Mac OS X 10.6.2. The downloaded show's name is URLEncoded(I'm Taiwan user, the show's name is Chinese). But the file name for encoding is not encoded. So I have to decode the file name then transcoding manually. I hope to fix the output from decrypt is URLEncoded. Can any one help on this?
Don't quite follow. Can you give detailed example? Not sure if chinese characters can be posted in this forum, but perhaps you can use pictures if needed to help explain.

Old 12-10-2009, 02:24 PM   #1602
Stormspace
Electrocuted by TiVo

Quote:
I could probably add "tivoFile" to metadata files choices and you would end up with .TiVo.txt file. Would that suffice?
If you set your filename so.

Smallville - Pandora (recorded fri dec 4 2009 wbtw).mpg

the TiVo will display the file with the show name and if you select it you'll see the episode title where it belongs. Adding _cut to the end throws off the naming.
180hr S2

Old 12-10-2009, 03:04 PM   #1603
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormspace View Post
If you set your filename so.

Smallville - Pandora (recorded fri dec 4 2009 wbtw).mpg

the TiVo will display the file with the show name and if you select it you'll see the episode title where it belongs. Adding _cut to the end throws off the naming.
Guess you are talking about TiVo Desktop? I use the much more robust pyTivo, so as long as you have the accompanying _cut.mpg.txt file it doesn't matter what the actual file name is.

Old 12-10-2009, 04:30 PM   #1604
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
Not sure if chinese characters can be posted in this forum
They can, as several spammers will attest.

汉语/漢語, 华语/華語, 中國話/中国话 or 中文

(Copied from Wikipedia, the article "Chinese language". My go-to source for random snippets of non-ASCII text -- check out their front page!)

wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 05:01 PM   #1605
Stormspace
Electrocuted by TiVo

Quote:
Guess you are talking about TiVo Desktop? I use the much more robust pyTivo, so as long as you have the accompanying _cut.mpg.txt file it doesn't matter what the actual file name is.
I use galleon for goback functionality.
180hr S2

Old 12-10-2009, 05:03 PM   #1606
skaggs
AlbanyHDTV

Got a new router, kmttg now can't see any of my three TiVo's. What do I need to do in order to get kmttg working again?

Here's the exact error message from kmttg:
Quote:
Failed to retrieve Now Playing List from Master Bedroom
Exit code: 7
Check YOUR MAK & IP settings

Old 12-10-2009, 05:53 PM   #1607
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by skaggs View Post
Got a new router, kmttg now can't see any of my three TiVo's. What do I need to do in order to get kmttg working again?

Here's the exact error message from kmttg:
Most likely the TiVo IP numbers are not correct in kmttg config. If Bonjour works on your network kmttg should detect IP changes and update accordingly but perhaps that (Bonjour) is not working. Try removing all 3 TiVos from kmttg config and see if kmttg detects your TiVos. If not you can manually supply the IP numbers for each TiVo in kmttg config.

Old 12-10-2009, 05:59 PM   #1608
skaggs
AlbanyHDTV

Quote:
Try removing all 3 TiVos from kmttg config and see if kmttg detects your TiVos.
Deleted all three TiVos and restarted kmttg. It found all three TiVos and all is well. Thanks.
Old 12-10-2009, 07:32 PM   #1609
Stormspace
Electrocuted by TiVo

Quote:
Deleted all three TiVos and restarted kmttg. It found all three TiVos and all is well. Thanks.
If you determine the range that your router assigns ip's in and set your TiVo to a static ip outside that range you won't have problems whenever there is a power outtage either.

For instance..

TiVo 1: 192.168.1.100
TiVo 2: 192.168.1.101
TiVo 3: 192.168.1.102

Desktop PC: 192.168.1.103

A bump in the power that causes all three to reboot might result in this:

Desktop PC: 192.168.1.100

TiVo 1: 192.168.1.101
TiVo 2: 192.168.1.102
TiVo 3: 192.168.1.103

Note that all your ips just changed. This will break that app.

In this example your router would be assigning ip's starting at 192.168.1.100 and assign a number set on the router. On my Linksys router the number was 10.

Since the subnet starts at 192.168.1.1 and ends at 192.168.1.255 you have a lot of room to manually assign IP's to those three TiVo's, or two. Assigning them to a number less than 192.168.1.100 or greater than the maximum number of IP's the router will assign assures that the TiVo will always be in the same place when the PC looks for it.

I'd recommend the lower range. In that case setting the TiVo's to

TiVo 1: 192.168.1.10
TiVo 2: 192.168.1.11
TiVo 3: 192.168.1.12

I'd start at 10, but it's a personal preference. You just can't use 192.168.1.1 since the router uses that one. You can continue to let the router assign IP's to you PC's on the network.

As an aside. I use the scheduling function on my router to turn off internet access at night(Children), but it only affects devices getting an IP from the router, ie PC's. The TiVo's can still connect and get updates.
180hr S2

Old 12-10-2009, 10:12 PM   #1610
moyekj

Quote:
Curious what version are you using? I just checked and confirmed if I set IP intentionally wrong for a TiVo that kmttg will detect the correct IP and correct it automatically, so if you are using recent version not sure why it didn't auto correct...

Old 12-10-2009, 10:59 PM   #1611
Zaphod

Quote:
Well given that VRD fixes the problem indicates that there are some glitches in the original recording (which is pretty common for digital cable recordings). Therefore there's a good chance whatever re-encode you do may have A/V sync issues or worse. However, you may try something like below to see if it helps (leaves video quality intact, re-encodes audio and re-muxes video & audio together):

Create a .enc file in the kmttg encode folder for example called me_remux.enc with the following contents:
Code:
# Description (single line, keep short)
<description>
mpeg2 remux: copy video, re-encode audio

# Encode command or script (single line)
# Known keywords: FFMPEG, HANDBRAKE, MENCODER, PERL, INPUT, OUTPUT, PWD, CPU_CORES, SRTFILE
<command>
MENCODER INPUT -ovc copy -oac lavc -lavcopts acodec=ac3:abitrate=192 -vf harddup -of mpeg -o OUTPUT

# Encoded output file extension
<extension>
mpeg

Thanks for the encoder file. I'm not sure if works yet or not. It KILLS my system performance while it's running (the couple other encoders I tried didn't), and mencoder keeps crashing. The one file I did let finish and didn't crash, there was no sound.

So I'm looking more at VideoRedo. If I'm going to do this a lot, it may be worth the $50 for the basic version. BUT, I have a feature request. When I use the VRD QS Fix option in kmttg, it overwrites the original file with the fixed file. Just as there are options not to remove the previous file after a decrypt, ad cut, or reencode, I'd like an option not to remove the previous file after a QS Fix. Maybe name the new file as .mpeg rather than .mpg or pust "-QSFIX" at the end of the file name and still use the .mpg extension.

I also have one other new feature reqeust. I'd like to be able to specify different destination paths for each auto-transfer job. It should default to the system default when a new job is created, but if I'm auto-transferring different TV series, I want to be able to have each series in it's own directory.

Thank you!
Zaphod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 11:25 PM   #1612
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaphod View Post
Just as there are options not to remove the previous file after a decrypt, ad cut, or reencode, I'd like an option not to remove the previous file after a QS Fix. Maybe name the new file as .mpeg rather than .mpg or pust "-QSFIX" at the end of the file name and still use the .mpg extension.
I don't see why. VRD QS Fix doesn't do anything bad to the original mpeg file so there really is no point keeping it - the whole point of QSFix is to clean it up and make it usable for other purposes. Plus with the last release if you have VideoRedo & TiVo Desktop's TiVoDirectShowFilter.dll installed you can bypass tivodecode and generate mpeg directly from .TiVo file, so no need for intermediate mpg. I think you will learn to appreciate how well VRD works and won't be skeptical about QS Fix once you've used it for a while.

Quote:
I also have one other new feature reqeust. I'd like to be able to specify different destination paths for each auto-transfer job. It should default to the system default when a new job is created, but if I'm auto-transferring different TV series, I want to be able to have each series in it's own directory.
You can accomplish that already by using the [/] keyword in file naming template, which allows you to create sub-directories so that for example different series automatically go to their own sub-folders. Consult the configuring_kmttg Wiki for details.

Old 12-11-2009, 12:27 AM   #1613
Zaphod

Quote:
I don't see why. VRD QS Fix doesn't do anything bad to the original mpeg file so there really is no point keeping it - the whole point of QSFix is to clean it up and make it usable for other purposes. Plus with the last release if you have VideoRedo & TiVo Desktop's TiVoDirectShowFilter.dll installed you can bypass tivodecode and generate mpeg directly from .TiVo file, so no need for intermediate mpg. I think you will learn to appreciate how well VRD works and won't be skeptical about QS Fix once you've used it for a while.
For sure, QS Fix doesn't affect video quality? Half of the files still work anyway without having to go through QSFix so I thought if the original worked, I'd still use the originals. Also, in a couple cases, QSFix screwed up somehow, like died in the middle of a file or something, and so it replaced the original .mpg file with now a half-finished one, and now I'd lost my original and had to redownload it from the Tivo (I do have the option checked to remove the .tivo file after decrypting).

I guess if I use QSfix to do the decrypting too, then I keep the .tivo file until I'm sure the qsfixed file is good.

Although I'm still confused in general. Why would these files have glitches that need to be repaired? You're saying the Tivo doesn't make perfect recordings? Sure, there could be glitches in the broadcast stream but I'd think the Tivo would just record that as anything else, how does it know a pixelated picture is not what it's really supposed to be? They play in Windows Media Player on my PC just fine without going through QS Fix. It's just my DVD authoring software that doesn't understand some of them.

Quote:
You can accomplish that already by using the [/] keyword in file naming template, which allows you to create sub-directories so that for example different series automatically go to their own sub-folders. Consult the configuring_kmttg Wiki for details.
Ah, thanks! I missed that! I've read through all this stuff but I think I've read through so much between pyTivo itself, kmttg, and auto-push, trying to set these all up at once, that I'm forgetting things I've read.

That will work as long as you want each series in a subdirectory under a single upper level directory, which I can live with for now, but I'd still ask to consider being able to configure completely different directory within each auto-transfer job.

LOVE your program. Thanks!!
Old 12-11-2009, 08:54 AM   #1614
theodolite

Quote:
Don't quite follow. Can you give detailed example? Not sure if chinese characters can be posted in this forum, but perhaps you can use pictures if needed to help explain.
For example, the downloading command is:
/usr/bin/curl --anyauth --globoff --user tivo:MAK --insecure --cookie-jar /tmp/cookie4651086533132693437.tmp --url 192.168.1.11:80/download/%E9%AC%BC%E8%A8%8A%E8%99%9F2%E9%9D%88%E7%95%B0%E9%80%8F%E8%A 6%96.TiVo?Container=%2FNowPlaying&id=1308616 --output "/Users/Eric/Downloads/kmttg_v0p7f/鬼訊號2靈異透視 - White Noise 2 The Light (12_08_2009).TiVo"

The tivo file name is:
鬼訊號2靈異透視 - White Noise 2 The Light (12_08_2009).TiVo

I think the download file name is also the same in Chinese. But I got:
%B0%AD%B0T%B8%B92%C6F%B2%A7%B3z%B5%F8 - White Noise 2 The Light (12_08_2009).TiVo

The Chinese part is encoded. It will not cause problem when decrypt. The command to decrypt uses both encoded name for input/output. But after the name pass to transcoding, transcoder can't find the original name.

In my case, I think just decode the name after decrypt. But for general case, it will be good to decode after download the .tivo file.
Old 12-11-2009, 10:00 AM   #1615
moyekj

theodolite, just to be clear can you also post the exact commands kmttg uses for tivodecode and for the encode step? I think what is expected to happen is the curl command should output file with proper Chinese characters (not url encoded) and from that point on use file names with non-url encoded characters.

Old 12-11-2009, 10:07 AM   #1616
moyekj

Quote:
Although I'm still confused in general. Why would these files have glitches that need to be repaired? You're saying the Tivo doesn't make perfect recordings? Sure, there could be glitches in the broadcast stream but I'd think the Tivo would just record that as anything else, how does it know a pixelated picture is not what it's really supposed to be? They play in Windows Media Player on my PC just fine without going through QS Fix. It's just my DVD authoring software that doesn't understand some of them.
TiVo just records what it receives in digital stream which could (and often does) have timestamp errors among other things. Most mpeg2 decoders are robust enough to deal with those glitches, so if you play back the stream in Media Player for example it will not have a problem. The problem comes about when you try and process the file in some way like trying to cut out commercials or encode to a different format which requires re-encoding. Those programs are very sensitive to glitches in the stream and having glitches there very often leads to problems such as A/V sync issues or worse. VRD QS Fix in general does a great job cleaning up those glitches so as to make further processing without trouble possible.

Old 12-11-2009, 04:49 PM   #1617
alancommike

Quote:
That would be perfect!
Old 12-11-2009, 09:10 PM   #1618
Zaphod

Quote:

Quote:

That will work as long as you want each series in a subdirectory under a single upper level directory, which I can live with for now, but I'd still ask to consider being able to configure completely different directory within each auto-transfer job.
I'd like to put one more vote (even though it's my own vote twice) for being able to configure directories within auto-transfers jobs. Or if there's a way I can acomplish this in the current system, please let me know.

I want to keep the different stages of decrypting, etc., in separate subdirectories.

In the current system I have to have structure like this:

--Tivo Files
|+-Series 1
|+-Series 2
|
--MPG Files
|+-Series 1
|+-Series 2
|
--Cut Files
|+-Series 1
|+-Series 2
etc...

What I want is to do it this way...

--Series 1
|+-Tivo Files
|+-MPG Files
|+-Cut files
|
--Series 2
|+-Tivo Files
|+-MPG Files
|+-Cut Files
Old 12-12-2009, 05:31 AM   #1619
theodolite

Quote:
theodolite, just to be clear can you also post the exact commands kmttg uses for tivodecode and for the encode step? I think what is expected to happen is the curl command should output file with proper Chinese characters (not url encoded) and from that point on use file names with non-url encoded characters.
Hi moyekj,

The following is the log, I checked decrypt and ecnode to ff_h264_high_rate

I check the file name again, it's not encoded name and I don't know what is it.

== Start of log ==

鬼訊號2:靈異透視 - White Noise 2: The Light
Recorded 星期二 12/08/2009 11:44 下午 on 69-0=衛視西片, Duration = 120 mins
艾比(奈森菲利安)眼見妻兒遇害後,凶手隨後舉槍自盡的慘劇,他在悲痛下自殺未遂,竟意外得到預知死亡的能力,而後阻止了三人死 亡,其中包括幫過他的護士雪莉(凱蒂薩霍夫)。但他不久後便發現,被救過的人會被附身,找尋下一個替死鬼…
>> DOWNLOADING /Users/Eric/Downloads/kmttg_v0p7f/鬼訊號2靈異透視 - White Noise 2 The Light (12_08_2009).TiVo ...
/usr/bin/curl --anyauth --globoff --user tivo:MAK --insecure --cookie-jar /tmp/cookie6011400967221029882.tmp --url 192.168.1.11:80/download/%E9%AC%BC%E8%A8%8A%E8%99%9F2%E9%9D%88%E7%95%B0%E9%80%8F%E8%A 6%96.TiVo?Container=%2FNowPlaying&id=1308616 --output "/Users/Eric/Downloads/kmttg_v0p7f/鬼訊號2靈異透視 - White Noise 2 The Light (12_08_2009).TiVo"
Download failed to file: /Users/Eric/Downloads/kmttg_v0p7f/鬼訊號2靈異透視 - White Noise 2 The Light (12_08_2009).TiVo
Exit code: 0
0 31 0 2588M 0 0 643k 0 --:--:-- 1:08:40 --:--:-- 620k

== Skipped ==

0 31 0 3198M 0 0 639k 0 --:--:-- 1:25:19 --:--:-- 611k
>> DECRYPTING /Users/Eric/Downloads/kmttg_v0p7f/鬼訊號2靈異透視 - White Noise 2 The Light (12_08_2009).TiVo ...
/Users/Eric/Downloads/kmttg_v0p7f/tivodecode/tivodecode --mak MAK --out "/Users/Eric/Downloads/kmttg_v0p7f/鬼訊號2靈異透視 - White Noise 2 The Light (12_08_2009).mpg" "/Users/Eric/Downloads/kmttg_v0p7f/鬼訊號2靈異透視 - White Noise 2 The Light (12_08_2009).TiVo"
tivodecode failed (exit code: 0 ) - check command: /Users/Eric/Downloads/kmttg_v0p7f/tivodecode/tivodecode --mak MAK --out "/Users/Eric/Downloads/kmttg_v0p7f/鬼訊號2靈異透視 - White Noise 2 The Light (12_08_2009).mpg" "/Users/Eric/Downloads/kmttg_v0p7f/鬼訊號2靈異透視 - White Noise 2 The Light (12_08_2009).TiVo"
Encryption by QUALCOMM

End of File
mpeg file not given or doesn't exist: /Users/Eric/Downloads/kmttg_v0p7f/鬼訊號2靈異透視 - White Noise 2 The Light (12_08_2009).mpg

== End of log ==

After all jobs done, there are .tivo and .mpeg file in my disk, named

%B0%AD%B0T%B8%B92%C6F%B2%A7%B3z%B5%F8 - White Noise 2 The Light (12_08_2009).TiVo

and

%B0%AD%B0T%B8%B92%C6F%B2%A7%B3z%B5%F8 - White Noise 2 The Light (12_08_2009).mpg
Old 12-12-2009, 07:43 PM   #1620
orangeboy
yes, I AM orangeboy!

Quote:
I'd like to put one more vote (even though it's my own vote twice) for being able to configure directories within auto-transfers jobs. Or if there's a way I can acomplish this in the current system, please let me know.

I want to keep the different stages of decrypting, etc., in separate subdirectories.

In the current system I have to have structure like this:

--Tivo Files
|+-Series 1
|+-Series 2
|
--MPG Files
|+-Series 1
|+-Series 2
|
--Cut Files
|+-Series 1
|+-Series 2
etc...

What I want is to do it this way...

--Series 1
|+-Tivo Files
|+-MPG Files
|+-Cut files
|
--Series 2
|+-Tivo Files
|+-MPG Files
|+-Cut Files
You should be able to accomplish that with a custom script, couple with the available file arguments passed to it...

orangeboy is offline   Reply With Quote