TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-29-2009, 06:15 PM   #1
jimmiem

Fast forward issues (jumps back too far)

I've been using TiVo nearly from the beginning and I have a pretty good handle at this point on the fast forward jump-back. I'm not sure when it started, but now at >> speed it seems to jump back 30-45 seconds, maybe a minute or more. It seems like I'm always jumping back into the commercials. It used to be perfect but now it's driving me crazy! I have software version 11.0d. Is this problem unique to me or did something really change in a software update?
jimmiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 06:32 PM   #2
SpiritualPoet

I haven't noticed this. Try using the (instant replay button)/30-second back-up button (repeatedly if necessary).
SpiritualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 06:52 PM   #3
Allanon

You can adjust the delay using the Enter-Enter-Rewind and Enter-Enter-Fast forward remote codes. The following site will show you how to use the remote codes: http://tivo.drosoph.com/
Allanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 08:45 PM   #4
bkdtv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allanon View Post
You can adjust the delay using the Enter-Enter-Rewind and Enter-Enter-Fast forward remote codes. The following site will show you how to use the remote codes: http://tivo.drosoph.com/
Does that really work on a TiVo Series3 / TivoHD?

Edit: No, it doesn't.

Last edited by bkdtv : 11-29-2009 at 11:27 PM.
bkdtv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 09:15 PM   #5
mattack

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiem View Post
I've been using TiVo nearly from the beginning and I have a pretty good handle at this point on the fast forward jump-back. I'm not sure when it started, but now at >> speed it seems to jump back 30-45 seconds, maybe a minute or more. It seems like I'm always jumping back into the commercials. It used to be perfect but now it's driving me crazy! I have software version 11.0d. Is this problem unique to me or did something really change in a software update?
I suspect this might have to do with the video encoding, just like the '1xFF' issue discussed in another thread.
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 05:56 PM   #6
splintersam

Mine jumps forward randomly anywhere from 10 to 46 minutes sometimes. It will hang while fast forwarding (both in > and >>) then it jumps way into the show. Any ideas?
splintersam is offline   Reply With Quote