TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-07-2009, 11:22 PM   #1471
TravisM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarus View Post
It runs fine in windows 7. That's what I'm running.

It's written in java. The code itself is OS agnostic. It uses some support programs which have to exist and they do for xp, vista, windows 7, and several other OS'.

-David
Thanks.

I thought that was the case but wanted to be sure.
TravisM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 12:51 AM   #1472
Icarus

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
Icarus, I see where the problem is now. The metadata parser was too simplistic and messing things up when there were ":" characters in the values such as this case with "CSI: NY". Please visit this issue for details and a beta version fix:
http://code.google.com/p/kmttg/issues/detail?id=62
Thank you. Just wanted to confirm that I tested it with another episode and it works.

Just one more question. I should know this, but if I want to set it up to download and pre-process multiple files and do all of that first before it does the vrd live review, and then when I am there I can do all the live reviews in order and let it finish everything else, how do I do that?

"All of that" means get metadata, download, decrypt, qs fix, ad detect, basically do everything that can be done without me being present, then when I am there, I will do all the video reviews and let the rest of it finish for all the files I've queued up. The way I'm doing it now, it all seems to happen serially, but I've got all the steps I want checked off on top when I queue the jobs.

-David
Icarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 02:41 AM   #1473
Icarus

ok, I noticed that it was downloading the next program, while I was doing the vrd review. So maybe if I just let it go, it already does what I want? I'll try that next.

-David
Old 11-08-2009, 07:37 AM   #1474
ACraigL

Can't get service running -- help!

Hi,

I just reinstalled my OS (Windows 7 -- what I had before), and now when I try to start the kmttg service I get the following error:

"Windows could not start the kmttg service on Local Computer.
Error: 1067: The process terminated unexpectedly."

From kmttg interface I get:
[SC] StartSevice: OpenService FAILED 5:
Access is denied.

I know this configuration works as it was running previously. I check permissions on wrapper.exe and everything seems fine. Any ideas to getting the service running?
  • Linksys WRT600N Router
  • Harmony H550
ACraigL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 07:39 AM   #1475
Icarus

Did you try removing and reinstalling the services?
Old 11-08-2009, 08:02 AM   #1476
ACraigL

Figured it out.
Requires the 32-bit version of Java. My PC grabbed (or Sun gave me) the 64-bit this time for some reason.

Thanks for the quick reply!
  • Linksys WRT600N Router
  • Harmony H550
ACraigL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 10:56 AM   #1477
moyekj

Quote:
ok, I noticed that it was downloading the next program, while I was doing the vrd review. So maybe if I just let it go, it already does what I want? I'll try that next.

-David
The only problem is that with the way VRD licensing works it only lets you have 1 instance running at a time per computer, so kmttg restricts on purpose VRD jobs to 1 at a time. So any job that needs VRD such as QS Fix, Ad Cut, ad review will prevent any other VRD jobs from running until current job is done.
So for your case I would probably check off download & decrypt only and let kmttg process all those and then start from FILES mode next day to do subsequent steps.
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 12:11 PM   #1478
Icarus

Quote:
The only problem is that with the way VRD licensing works it only lets you have 1 instance running at a time per computer, so kmttg restricts on purpose VRD jobs to 1 at a time. So any job that needs VRD such as QS Fix, Ad Cut, ad review will prevent any other VRD jobs from running until current job is done.
So for your case I would probably check off download & decrypt only and let kmttg process all those and then start from FILES mode next day to do subsequent steps.
Yeah, I see it gets stuck at vrd review, which will at least block anything else that needs vrd.

What if I let it do qs fix and ad detect also and uncheck ad cut and encode? Will it pick up with the vrd review, or is the vrd review internally part of ad detect?

Do we need another step there for vrd review so we can isolate just that part of it too? I think maybe we do?

-David
Old 11-08-2009, 01:47 PM   #1479
moyekj

Quote:
Yeah, I see it gets stuck at vrd review, which will at least block anything else that needs vrd.

What if I let it do qs fix and ad detect also and uncheck ad cut and encode? Will it pick up with the vrd review, or is the vrd review internally part of ad detect?

Do we need another step there for vrd review so we can isolate just that part of it too? I think maybe we do?

-David
VRD review immediately follows the Ad Detect job only if "Use VideoRedo GUI to review detected commercials" option under Config->Program Options is enabled. So you could always disable that option when submitting a batch of jobs and then the Ad Detect job won't hang up VRD for QS Fix jobs. i.e. Yes you can enable metadata,decrypt,QS Fix & Ad Detect and not be hung up by VRD 1 at a time limitation.
Furthermore, in Service mode obviously VRD Review job is not scheduled regardless of that option setting so you could always setup Auto Transfers jobs up to the Ad Detect step without having to disable that option which is only pertinent to GUI mode.

Personally I don't use commercial detection most of the time since I can do the cuts more quickly and precisely myself, though of course that means the whole process is not fully automated.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by moyekj : 11-08-2009 at 01:53 PM.
Old 11-08-2009, 03:22 PM   #1480
Richard Berg

My Tivo is strictly a digital cable tuner; I greatly prefer Media Center's interface, not to mention its ability to "extend" into any room with minimal hardware and no fees. Thus, I simply wanted to automatically process everything it records. In other words, when I add/update/remove a show or series pass, I shouldn't need to do it twice -- once through Tivo or Tivo.com, and once in the kmttg filter configuration.

The docs say to use a regex of .* on the title, which works, but also picks up tons of random crap that Tivo records on its own. Luckily you are already detecting these "suggestions" when you read the TTG listing (in order to show the appropriate icon). Making an additional global option to filter them out was pretty simple. Here's a patch: http://richardberg.net/bin/temp/suggestionFilter.patch

Hope this helps.

PS - you should read up on XML Serialization and Stacks
Richard Berg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 04:09 PM   #1481
Icarus

Quote:
VRD review immediately follows the Ad Detect job only if "Use VideoRedo GUI to review detected commercials" option under Config->Program Options is enabled. So you could always disable that option when submitting a batch of jobs and then the Ad Detect job won't hang up VRD for QS Fix jobs. i.e. Yes you can enable metadata,decrypt,QS Fix & Ad Detect and not be hung up by VRD 1 at a time limitation.
Thanks, that's working for me, so at least it will keep working when I am away/asleep, to the extent that it can, without getting hung up on a vrd review step.

Thanks again for writing and maintaining this and being so helpful.

-David
Old 11-09-2009, 11:13 PM   #1482
Icarus

ok, never mind. This time when I broke it up exactly like that, it didn't run atomicparsley on the output file. How do I fix that? the text files are all sitting there named <show name>.mpg.txt

I added the tags by hand for these shows, but what I mean is how do I make sure it automates that also?

The handling of the ap job is a kind of strange. Sometimes it adds it to the end of the queue sometimes it just does it. This time, I had multiple ad-cut/encode jobs and I noticed it wasn't adding the ap jobs to the end of the queue. I'm pretty sure it did another time. The difference just may have been that I might have exited and restarted kmttg this time around so maybe it forgot something?

-David

Last edited by Icarus : 11-10-2009 at 12:13 AM.
Old 11-10-2009, 01:06 AM   #1483
moyekj

Quote:
ok, never mind. This time when I broke it up exactly like that, it didn't run atomicparsley on the output file. How do I fix that? the text files are all sitting there named <show name>.mpg.txt
You need the metadata files associated with the encoded video files (i.e. .mp4.txt or .m4v.txt) for the AP task to run. It won't show up as a scheduled job - kmttg checks right when encoding task completes if the metadata file is present and if so will run at that point.
(In next release I have changed it to look at source video file of encoding file for metadata file as well in which case .mpg.txt will be sufficient).

Last edited by moyekj : 11-10-2009 at 08:34 AM.
Old 11-10-2009, 10:22 AM   #1484
BLKMGK

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisM View Post
Thanks.

I thought that was the case but wanted to be sure.
So far on Win7 64bit, yes Java 32bit, I've run into issues with mencoder crashing right at the end of every file I've tried. I'm pulling from a TIVO HD and I've *NOT* got VideoRedo installed. Is this what is causing the crash? I gathered that the S3 boxes have video output that requires some fixing by VRD but I had hoped to at least be able to run through most of the process before purchasing. I'm not at home so I've not got the exact error message handy but thought I'd ask in case this is a known issue - searching the thread didn't appear to yield good hits.

FWIW I've been torrenting much of my content lately but if I can put my TIVO back to good use again I'll be most happy and appreciative. From what I've seen so far this program is looking pretty good for my needs! If I can get this rolling I'm gonna' have to upgrade my HD's HDD!

P.S. I see the S3 is like previous TIVO pulling files - sloooow! (lol)
BLKMGK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 12:09 PM   #1485
moyekj

Yes most likely the mencoder problems are related to glitches in the source file. VRD is the only guaranteed way to fix such glitches and is pretty much a necessity for digital recordings from S3 Tivos which inevitably have glitches in them originating from broadcaster/provider. Additionally once you configure kmttg for VRD it will use VRD to do the cuts instead of mencoder which is a much better option anyway.

Old 11-10-2009, 12:13 PM   #1486
BLKMGK

Thank you for the quick response, sounds like VRD it is then! I'll grab it tonight and do some more testing.

Apologies if this has been covered extensively but is the trial good enough for initial playing around or do I need to buy the full-up package? Is there any (dis)advantage in going with the higher cost version for KMTTG? I know that TIVO video can be quirky so if I must I must, just trying to figure out the best workpath that makes sense for me. :-)
Old 11-10-2009, 12:19 PM   #1487
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLKMGK View Post
Thank you for the quick response, sounds like VRD it is then! I'll grab it tonight and do some more testing.

Apologies if this has been covered extensively but is the trial good enough for initial playing around or do I need to buy the full-up package? Is there any (dis)advantage in going with the higher cost version for KMTTG? I know that TIVO video can be quirky so if I must I must, just trying to figure out the best workpath that makes sense for me. :-)
Trial version should work - just be sure to register trial key and bring up VRD GUI at least once before trying to use with kmttg. I use the cheaper "Plus" version and that's all that is needed for kmttg purposes.

Old 11-10-2009, 01:46 PM   #1488
subslug

New to kmttg so excuse me, I feel this is really simple and I'm just not seeing it.

I just want kttmg to auto transfer anything recorded on a specific channel, not concerned with what the show actually is. How can I set this up, keywords or title...?

Also just to be sure, if all I want is a decrypted file off the Tivo, is all I need to check is the encrypt option and nothing else?

Thanks in advance.
subslug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 03:40 PM   #1489
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by subslug View Post
New to kmttg so excuse me, I feel this is really simple and I'm just not seeing it.

I just want kttmg to auto transfer anything recorded on a specific channel, not concerned with what the show actually is. How can I set this up, keywords or title...?

Also just to be sure, if all I want is a decrypted file off the Tivo, is all I need to check is the encrypt option and nothing else?

Thanks in advance.
There is no channel filter currently, but it's easy enough to select series that you want to transfer in the table and then choose Auto Transfers -> Add selected titles. That will setup Auto Transfers for those titles with whatever currently selected tasks you have enabled (you can always go and change them in Auto Transfers config if needed).
If all you want is decrypted files then enable only decrypt task and nothing else.

Old 11-10-2009, 04:00 PM   #1490
subslug

Rats! kmttg won't work for what I need then.

Thanks for the info though.

I need a channel only filter option, this is not any type of series.
Just looking for a Hands Off method of getting programs from one specific channel onto an external drive for a bed ridden person to view on the WD TV device.

Thanks again
Old 11-10-2009, 04:19 PM   #1491
moyekj

Note that you can have kmttg transfer all programs (regardless of channel) using a title setup with ".*" as text if you are only recording from 1 channel anyway. Otherwise yes, you would need a channel filter of some sort. I've added a couple of filters already for next release but not a channel filter - I suspect that would not be a commonly used filter for most.

Old 11-10-2009, 05:17 PM   #1492
Richard Berg

Note -- in order to make kmttg work with a "download everything" filter, you also need to exclude recordings that are currently in progress. I forgot that I added code for this earlier; it's not in the patch above.
Richard Berg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 06:07 PM   #1493
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Berg View Post
Note -- in order to make kmttg work with a "download everything" filter, you also need to exclude recordings that are currently in progress. I forgot that I added code for this earlier; it's not in the patch above.
There were exclusions for currently recording and copy protected shows already but resulted in some error message printing. I've cleaned it up now where up front all currently recording or copy protected shows are excluded from Auto Transfers matching (and a log entry explaining why those entries were skipped).

Old 11-10-2009, 06:13 PM   #1494
subslug

Quote:
Note that you can have kmttg transfer all programs (regardless of channel) using a title setup with ".*" as text if you are only recording from 1 channel anyway. Otherwise yes, you would need a channel filter of some sort. I've added a couple of filters already for next release but not a channel filter - I suspect that would not be a commonly used filter for most.
Gotcha!

This would work I believe. I read that .* trick and it never registered to give that a try but, I will.

Got to make sure to turn off Tivo Suggestions just in case.
Old 11-11-2009, 12:21 AM   #1495
subslug

Guess I have a new problem...I'm able to download files from the Tivo automatically but, Tivodecode doesn't appear to do anything. The path to tivodecode appears correct but all I get is 0 byte.mpg file in the output folder.

I ran tivodecode from in a terminal and it appears to start fine, Encryption by QUALCOMM but then a few minutes later I get
seek: No Error

I've used Tivodecode hundreds of times on my Linux box without issue, any idea what could be the problem I seem to be having?
This is running on Windows Server, no firewall enabled.
The last three lines from my auto.log file.......

Code:
2009_11_10_23:24:27 ERROR: seek: No error
2009_11_10_23:24:27 ERROR: Encryption by QUALCOMM ;)
2009_11_10_23:24:27 
'Back Room' PROCESSING SLEEPING 60 mins ...
I also noticed one more error a little further up in the log saying:
Code:
ERROR: tivodecode failed (exit code: 9 )

Old 11-11-2009, 12:25 AM   #1496
BLKMGK

Quote:
Trial version should work - just be sure to register trial key and bring up VRD GUI at least once before trying to use with kmttg. I use the cheaper "Plus" version and that's all that is needed for kmttg purposes.
Okay, mencoder is no longer crashing. However I am getting errors attempting to use the commercial scan\cut - VRD is having issues being commanded. I did indeed register the trial and I've opened\closed the GUI. In fact I have now used the GUI to manually edit out commercials several times with the adscan code it has. The errors I'm getting puzzle me since they appear to be the same ones that occur when the GUI has never been opened. I'm running this on Win7, it's not been rebooted since I installed VRD, and I've got 32bit JAVA onboard. I'd appreciate some guidance, the errors and log can be found here. Looks like something didn't register right and I'm hoping it's not a Win7 issue. I have a Vista 64 available but the Win7 box has 6 more cores

That job is still running although I'm certain when done I'll be redoing it from the original MPEG to remove the commercials. I'm still playing with final processing, trying the "medium" rate now. I'm still feeling my way around and may try to create some custom encodings based on what I use elsewhere. I was going to ask how to do this but wow, it's simply text config files for each profile - awesome!

Thanks!

P.S. My path to VRD is simply a subdirectory. Do I need to give it a filename as well? Pop-up text seems to indicate no and docs I looked at didn't seem 100% clear but could this be the issue?
Old 11-11-2009, 12:45 AM   #1497
Icarus

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLKMGK View Post
P.S. My path to VRD is simply a subdirectory. Do I need to give it a filename as well? Pop-up text seems to indicate no and docs I looked at didn't seem 100% clear but could this be the issue?
We can't really see the path, since that's probably embedded in vb script.

Yes, it's the directory where vrd is installed. This is what I have, which should be the same for you if you used defaults when installing vrd+ and you picked vrd+ and not the suite. You don't need vrd suite for use with kmttg.

C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoReDoPlus

To set the path, double click in that field, and you can navigate from within the kmttg configuration pane. It's not very pretty, but it does work that way.

I'm also running 64-bit win7

-David
Old 11-11-2009, 12:53 AM   #1498
moyekj

BLKMGK, your configuration looks fine. Going by the VideoRedo_configuration Wiki page (which you probably already found) it sure sounds like a registration related problem. Perhaps you can try running kmttg as Administrator if you have not already to see if that goes through, or if you are running as Administrator try running with a local account instead. i.e. It appears that when you run VRD manually perhaps it's using a different user account than when running via kmttg.

EDIT: Also noticed you are using the Enable VideoRedo QS Fix video dimension filter option. Not sure if that works with trial version so you may need to turn that off - that's not what is causing the problem you are seeing, but if you get past that problem you may see another due to this option.

Old 11-11-2009, 01:02 AM   #1499
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by subslug View Post
Guess I have a new problem...I'm able to download files from the Tivo automatically but, Tivodecode doesn't appear to do anything. The path to tivodecode appears correct but all I get is 0 byte.mpg file in the output folder.

I ran tivodecode from in a terminal and it appears to start fine, Encryption by QUALCOMM but then a few minutes later I get
seek: No Error

I've used Tivodecode hundreds of times on my Linux box without issue, any idea what could be the problem I seem to be having?
This is running on Windows Server, no firewall enabled.
The last three lines from my auto.log file.......

Code:
2009_11_10_23:24:27 ERROR: seek: No error
2009_11_10_23:24:27 ERROR: Encryption by QUALCOMM ;)
2009_11_10_23:24:27 
'Back Room' PROCESSING SLEEPING 60 mins ...
I also noticed one more error a little further up in the log saying:
Code:
ERROR: tivodecode failed (exit code: 9 )
tivodecode is usually pretty trouble free so can't say I know what the problem is. Are you able to run it from GUI? i.e. Go to FILES tab, select a .TiVo file and enable the "decrypt" task and run it and see what happens there... Try it on a couple of different .TiVo files.

Old 11-11-2009, 08:49 AM   #1500
subslug

Maybe it's working now.
Overnight it downloaded two more files off the Tivo and it appears to have decrypted them fine.
The first attempt looks like the download didn't completely finish, I guess that's why tivodecode was failing, just never seen that message.

Anyway, looks like it's working. Still need to figure out why it ignored the 'delete tivo files after decrypting' option on only one file though.