TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-26-2009, 06:29 PM   #1621
net114
Tivolitic Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeboy View Post
Couldn't you put "C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin" in your path statement? I don't have Vista or 7, so I don't know if this is an option or not.
Yes, but I found it easier to just change the .bat file.
net114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 06:52 PM   #1622
Len McRiddles

Thank you very much sir. That did the trick.
Len McRiddles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 01:57 AM   #1623
sfalvey
Long time lurker

Error 0xffff

I have been using streambaby for about 6 months without any problems up until a couple of days ago. Suddenly it stopped working and I have been scratching my head since then.

When I select any video to watch, even ones I have watched before I get red text saying Error 0xffff and the filename.

I have switched on debug logging and there does not appear to be anything reported.

Quote:
10/27/09 17:36:37 ViewScreen: Desc: Alice in Wonderland
10/27/09 17:36:37 CobraRenderer$3: ParentPanelPref:java.awt.Dimension[width=1132,height=328]
10/27/09 17:36:37 PreviewWindow: pWidth: 1280
10/27/09 17:36:37 PreviewWindow: preview parent=BView[#2480,bounds=0,0,1280x720]
10/27/09 17:36:37 HostContext: key=mpos:file:/scratch/Video/KidsVids/Alice%20in%20Wonderland.avi applicationId=com.unwiredappeal.tivo.streambaby.StreamBabySt ream applicationGlobal=false
10/27/09 17:36:37 HostContext: applicationIdStr=com.unwiredappeal.tivo.streambaby.StreamBab yStream applicationGlobal=false
10/27/09 17:36:37 HostContext: applicationIdStr=com.unwiredappeal.tivo.streambaby.StreamBab yStream
10/27/09 17:36:37 HostContext: compKey=6630001801E332A-and-com.unwiredappeal.tivo.streambaby.StreamBabyStream
10/27/09 17:36:37 ViewScreen: goto position: 0, vidlen: 4513096
10/27/09 17:36:37 ViewScreen: Position not in buffer, starting new stream
10/27/09 17:36:37 Application: Already initialized, not re-initing.
10/27/09 17:36:37 Application: Already initialized, not re-initing.
10/27/09 17:36:37 ViewScreen: Openening stream at position: 0(0 secs)
10/27/09 17:36:37 VideoModuleHelper: Bitrate for quality: 5192
10/27/09 17:36:37 VideoModuleHelper: quality setting is above quality of video, streaming normally
10/27/09 17:36:37 FFmpegExeVideoModule: Using ffmpeg transcode args: -acodec ac3 -vcodec mpeg2video -f vob -async 1 -r 23.976 -v 0 -bufsize 4096k -b 5000k -maxrate 8000k -ab 192k -s 496x368 -ar 48000
10/27/09 17:36:37 FFmpegExeVideoModule: FFmpegCmd: ffmpeg -ss 0.0 -i /scratch/Video/KidsVids/Alice in Wonderland.avi -acodec ac3 -vcodec mpeg2video -f vob -async 1 -r 23.976 -v 0 -bufsize 4096k -b 5000k -maxrate 8000k -ab 192k -s 496x368 -ar 48000 tcp://127.0.0.1:8500
10/27/09 17:36:37 NamedStream: Registering named stream: 8aa0f53c-e9b8-4158-bd4a-882b13cabc95.stream
10/27/09 17:36:38 ViewScreen: error=ERROR: 0xffff
Alice in Wonderland.avi
Alice in Wonderland.avi
Alice in Wonderland.avi
Alice in Wonderland.avi
Alice in Wonderland.avi
Alice in Wonderland.avi
10/27/09 17:36:40 Listener:
10/27/09 17:36:40 Listener: connection to receiver closed
10/27/09 17:36:40 Listener:
10/27/09 17:36:40 Factory: HME receiver disconnected
I have tried removing the title cache and the .txt metadata files with no luck. I have also tried the usual rebooting the server and the tivo. I have tried moving all the videos out of the way and just used one file in a single directory. I have also tried running ffmpeg by hand against the file and everything seems to be working there.

The obvious question is what has changed. Nothing on my end that I am aware but TiVo service sent out an update this week for Aussie TiVos that among other things changed "Watch Live TV" to "Watch Freeview" on TiVo Central. I dont know what else may have changed at the backend.

The last time I had problems with Streambaby it was because of a problem with the TiVo service where my TiVo (and a number of other customer's TiVo) stopped being able to run apps. That was fixed by TiVo because it also effected the Blockbuster downloads. This time only Streambaby seems to be effected.

Are there any other Aussie users out there using Streambaby without a problem?

Any ideas of where else I could look would be appreciated.

Cheers
Old 10-27-2009, 02:36 AM   #1624
Pepito

Quote:
Originally Posted by net114 View Post
What's the software version? I'm in USA, not having a problem.
11.1b-01-2-663

Greetings from Australia
Pepito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 02:45 AM   #1625
net114
Tivolitic Guru

Pepito did you reboot your Tivo?

I know, dumb question, but with our 2nd Tivo it uses a wireless connection, and it does that sometimes, the only thing to fix it is to wait 20 minutes or reboot the tivo.
net114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 02:48 AM   #1626
Pepito

Quote:
Originally Posted by net114 View Post
Pepito did you reboot your Tivo?

I know, dumb question, but with our 2nd Tivo it uses a wireless connection, and it does that sometimes, the only thing to fix it is to wait 20 minutes or reboot the tivo.
Yes I did, but rebooting again now

edit: You're not going to believe it, Streambaby now works again. I swear I rebooted it when it first stopped working!

Interestingly I just spoke to a mate who tells me his TiVo is running 11.3a-01-2-663 firmware. His "Watch Live TV" option now says "Freeview".

Greetings from Australia

Last edited by Pepito : 10-27-2009 at 03:02 AM. Reason: updated info :)
Old 10-27-2009, 06:27 PM   #1627
Len McRiddles

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyshackelford View Post
greetings - i got rid of my powerline units and went hardwired cat6 direct from my linksys router. reloaded tivo 2.7 and the computer still wouldnt see the tivos. both tivos saw each other and allowed me to transfer between the two tivos but no go on seeing the tivos from the computer or playing any music that was published. just to check, i reinstalled 2.62 and the software saw both tivos immediately. then i upgraded to 2.7 and back to no seeing them. i remembered from an earlier post that bonjour was the difference between the two so i downloaded the latest bonjour from apple and reinstalled. still nothing. same thing with streambaby, except streambaby wont work with either 2.62 or 2.7. it says its ready and listening but there is no streambaby in my menu on my tivos. i cant think of where i am going askew. quite the brainteaser. any thoughts?
I have heard that not all versions of XP are compatible with streambaby. Bonjour will work with other apps, but not streambaby from what I remember.
Len McRiddles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 10:52 PM   #1628
AussieMark

Hot off the press from TiVo staff in Australia. The newest firmware upgrade has disabled Streambaby in Australia and New Zealand .....

"Hi Everyone

With the latest release of Software the .tivo files that are moved from the TiVo to the PC and back now use transport streams instead of program streams. This was necessary for us to support H.264 in NZ for both MRV and TiVo Desktop.

This new format does break Streambaby – however this has occurred in the past when we have released new SW, and the Open Source community simply sniffs the new protocol and updates StreamBaby to make it work again. I can't give you a target date but it has been updated relatively quickly in the past.

Thanks

Craig"
AussieMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 10:56 PM   #1629
Pepito

Does this mean Australian Tivo's are running a later version firmware than the rest of the world now?
Old 10-27-2009, 11:01 PM   #1630
AussieMark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepito View Post
Does this mean Australian Tivo's are running a later version firmware than the rest of the world now?

Not sure, but it's definitely a different version of firmware, because the newest version replaces "watch live TV" on the main Tivo menu with "watch Freeview".

Hopefully the Streambaby crowd will be able to rectify this issue soon. I've logged the bug over at the Streambaby open source site.
AussieMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 01:19 AM   #1631
sharmos

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfalvey View Post

Are there any other Aussie users out there using Streambaby without a problem?
Yep I've got the exact same problem and it's frustrating the hell out've me !!!
sharmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 02:20 AM   #1632
Pepito

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieMark View Post
I've logged the bug over at the Streambaby open source site.
Good work AussieMark
Old 10-28-2009, 03:35 AM   #1633
petestrash

Confirmed streambaby is killed by 11.3a here.

If one of the devs would like some info on 11.3a feel free to pm.

Peter.
petestrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 03:42 AM   #1634
sfalvey
Long time lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by petestrash View Post
Confirmed streambaby is killed by 11.3a here.

If one of the devs would like some info on 11.3a feel free to pm.

Peter.
Ditto. If anyone needs packets grabbing etc, please let me know.

Simon
Old 10-28-2009, 06:40 PM   #1635
kearygriffin

I've uploaded a new SVN release (been a while..) that includes a delete from hard-drive modification submitted by t14cl (I hope thats right, I have trouble remembering names with numbers, and for that matter any name I can't pronounce ;-)

http://streambaby.googlecode.com/fil...y-svn-r253.zip

It's a bit hackish at the moment (may be forever...) in that on the PlayScreen the "Go back" button line now has a dual-purpose. Pressing left-arrow or select goes back to the previous screen as usual. However, pressing right-arrow selects the "More" screen.

The only option on the "More" screen is currently "Delete from Hard Drive"

-- As a shortcut you can also press "clear" from the PlayScreen to delete the movie from the hard drive.
(The play screen is the screen after you select the video and it shows the details of the video)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
kearygriffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 06:46 PM   #1636
kearygriffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfalvey View Post
Ditto. If anyone needs packets grabbing etc, please let me know.

Simon
What I'd be most interested in at this point is what wmcbrine asked about in another streambaby thread about this issue:

-- Do MP4 files streamed natively still work.

Streambaby currently streams files to the TiVo using either MPEG-2 program stream (which everything except MP4 eventually ends up transcoded to) or H.264/MP4.

From the quote from TiVo that was posted it made it sound like it was the MPEG-2 PS (program stream) that has changed to a TS (transport stream).

Having said that, I think it may be up to someone in Australia with the TiVo knowledge to fix the issue or at least tell me pretty explicitly what needs to be changed. It may be a bridge-to-far to try and fix this without having a TiVo with the issue to test with in front of me. I'd be more and willing to give my input about things that may need to be changed.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 10-28-2009, 08:07 PM   #1637
AussieDielo

I've got an Aussie TiVo Series 3 connected to my network at home via wire. I've installed Streambaby on a Windows XP PC and setup the ini file to point to a directory where I have *.avi, *.wmv files. When I start streambaby.bat it runs and my TiVo can see all the video files on my XP PC but when I go to play any of them, the TiVo displays an x2e006a error message.

Question. I know that the Home Network option is bundled in the USA version and it's an additional cost for people in Oz. Do I need to purchase this? Is that my problem?
AussieDielo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 10:24 PM   #1638
Erasmus

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieDielo View Post
I've got an Aussie TiVo Series 3 connected to my network at home via wire. I've installed Streambaby on a Windows XP PC and setup the ini file to point to a directory where I have *.avi, *.wmv files. When I start streambaby.bat it runs and my TiVo can see all the video files on my XP PC but when I go to play any of them, the TiVo displays an x2e006a error message.

Question. I know that the Home Network option is bundled in the USA version and it's an additional cost for people in Oz. Do I need to purchase this? Is that my problem?
Yes you need a Media Access Key (MAK) to use any networking functions, and the only way to get one in Australia is to purchase the Home Network Package. This retails for $199 but if you look on the whirlpool forums you can get a special offer of $99. The problem is that Streambaby won't work with the latest update of the Tivo firmware which will hit your box soon if it hasn't already. The Tivo supplied desktop software is pretty flakey at the moment so I would hold off if I were you.
Erasmus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 07:46 AM   #1639
t1c4l

Quote:
Originally Posted by kearygriffin View Post
I've uploaded a new SVN release (been a while..) that includes a delete from hard-drive modification submitted by t14cl (I hope thats right, I have trouble remembering names with numbers, and for that matter any name I can't pronounce ;-)

It's a bit hackish at the moment (may be forever...) in that on the PlayScreen the "Go back" button line now has a dual-purpose. Pressing left-arrow or select goes back to the previous screen as usual. However, pressing right-arrow selects the "More" screen.

The only option on the "More" screen is currently "Delete from Hard Drive"

-- As a shortcut you can also press "clear" from the PlayScreen to delete the movie from the hard drive.
(The play screen is the screen after you select the video and it shows the details of the video)
Thanks for polishing it up a bit I like that you added the CLEAR button feature too, I didn't think of that.
t1c4l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 07:47 AM   #1640
t1c4l

Quote:
What I'd be most interested in at this point is what wmcbrine asked about in another streambaby thread about this issue:

-- Do MP4 files streamed natively still work.

Streambaby currently streams files to the TiVo using either MPEG-2 program stream (which everything except MP4 eventually ends up transcoded to) or H.264/MP4.

From the quote from TiVo that was posted it made it sound like it was the MPEG-2 PS (program stream) that has changed to a TS (transport stream).

Having said that, I think it may be up to someone in Australia with the TiVo knowledge to fix the issue or at least tell me pretty explicitly what needs to be changed. It may be a bridge-to-far to try and fix this without having a TiVo with the issue to test with in front of me. I'd be more and willing to give my input about things that may need to be changed.
If that is what the issue is (Transport Stream change) I might give it a shot at changing it as I've also got an Aussie TiVo and it just started giving 0xfffff for me too
Old 10-30-2009, 09:29 AM   #1641
kearygriffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by t1c4l View Post
If that is what the issue is (Transport Stream change) I might give it a shot at changing it as I've also got an Aussie TiVo and it just started giving 0xfffff for me too
I finally get around to incorporating your changes and now you can't use Streambaby ;-) Sorry.

One little feature streambaby has that may make playing around with this issue a little bit easier is the ability to stream "raw" files. I use this for testing streaming various filetypes to the TiVo.

If you have a video file you want to stream to the TiVo via Streambaby, copy or rename the file to end in ".raw". So for instance if you have "video.mpg" copy/rename it to "video.raw".

Now create a second file in the same directory called "video.raw.fmt". This is a simple text file that contains one or two lines (the second line is optional).
The first line should contain the mime type that streambaby will tell the TiVo the .raw file is. The second (optional, will use the default if not included) line tells Streambaby what "Content-Type: " header to use when when the Tivo requests the raw file from streambaby. Because of the way the TiVo works these could be two different values.

As far as I can remember the only current format that streambaby uses the second line for (the Content-Type: ) is .TiVo files which requires a different mimeType (which is passed to the Tivo when you tell the Tivo to stream a file) than content-Type: (which is passed after the TiVo requests the file you told it to stream) is the .TiVo format.

So for example, if the .raw file is a .TiVo file, the .fmt file should look like:
video/mpeg
video/x-tivo-mpeg

for .mpg (ps) files:
video/mpeg

for MP4 files:
video/mp4

You may need to be careful about extra line feeds at the end of the file, I'm not sure how good a job the code does stripping them out...

Hope this helps a little bit.

Keary

Old 10-30-2009, 10:24 AM   #1642
t1c4l

I've tried renaming one of my avi (XviD) files to .raw and I created a .raw.fmt file for it but can't seem to get it to work. I've tried all the mime types you've suggest plus many others but I have a feeling TiVo only supports the one you've listed and I've tried.

Another things I've been looking at is that ffmpeg has an option to output mpeg format in Transport Stream by using the -f mpegts switch instead of using the -f vob (vob is Program Stream).

I've tried customizing the ffmpegexe.transcode command line to use -f mpegts instead of -f vob but it doesn't make any difference as I still get this error so I am not sure if this is all there is to it (ie. change from program stream to transport stream)

Can you explain to me the flow of video data with Streambaby?

From what I can see ffmpeg is used to transcode the video input and then send it to Streambaby on local TCP port 8501 which it is listening on. After this I am unsure how the video stream gets to TiVo. I assume at some point Streambaby is simply passing this data on to TiVo and making no further change to it?

I can still use pyTivo with no problem to pull/push videos so I don't know what exactly is different between the two different methods of steaming video to TiVo.
Old 10-30-2009, 10:40 AM   #1643
kearygriffin

Quote:
I've tried renaming one of my avi (XviD) files to .raw and I created a .raw.fmt file for it but can't seem to get it to work. I've tried all the mime types you've suggest plus many others but I have a feeling TiVo only supports the one you've listed and I've tried.
This won't work-- Using the raw file format assumes the file has already been transcoded to a format that the TiVo supports (mpeg ps/mp4/.TiVo on US TiVos) and the fmt file just tells Streambaby the mimetypes to use for this file. Since neither XVID or AVI files are natively supported this method won't work. What you should be doing is using ffmpeg (or something else) to transcode the file to a supported format (which might be mpeg ts on aussie units) and using the .fmt file to inform Streambaby of the mimetypes.

Quote:
Another things I've been looking at is that ffmpeg has an option to output mpeg format in Transport Stream by using the -f mpegts switch instead of using the -f vob (vob is Program Stream).

I've tried customizing the ffmpegexe.transcode command line to use -f mpegts instead of -f vob but it doesn't make any difference as I still get this error so I am not sure if this is all there is to it (ie. change from program stream to transport stream)
This would be correct to get ffmpeg to generate a transport stream (I am assuming, haven't really used ffmpeg to get a TS before), however the mimetypes that Streambaby then tells TiVo the file is might be incorrect. (Depends on what mimetype the Aussie TiVos wants for TS files...)

This is why it might be easier to use the .raw method, where you manually run ffmpeg to transcode the video file into format we think the TiVo wants, and then set the mimetypes in the .fmt file. This bypasses all of the transcoding/ffmpeg usage in streambaby.

Quote:
Can you explain to me the flow of video data with Streambaby?
It's pretty straightforward, ffmpeg is run with certain options and the output is dumped directly to the TiVo. The TCP port is basically just used to pipe the output to Streambaby, which then just pipes it over to the TiVo as it is requested. No further processing is done by streambaby.
Note: This is only true when videos are transcoded. For MPEG PS and MP4 files, the files are assumed to be able to streamed as-is to the TiVo with no transcoding needed. In this case FFMPEG is never run/used and the whole file is simply sent to the TiVo.

Old 10-30-2009, 12:03 PM   #1644
t1c4l

Arrow

Hmmm i've tried TIVO, MPEG2 PS, MPEG2 TS and MP4 files now as raw with their mime types in the .fmt file and I always get the 0xffff error.

Code:
10/31/09 24:55:45 RawStreamingModule: opening raw file with mimeType: video/mpeg, contentType: video/mpeg
10/31/09 24:55:45 NamedStream: Registering named stream: 6244032b-cd20-4358-91ce-2ef8c41298cc.stream
10/31/09 24:55:46 ViewScreen: error=ERROR: 0xffff sample.raw
For MPEG2 TS I've tried the following mimes and none worked:

video/mp2t
video/mpeg2
video/x-mpeg2-ts
video/mpegts
video/mpeg2ts
video/ts

It is almost as if none of the namedstreams can be registered, regardless of container format or mime type. To me it looks like they have broken something in this new TiVo update.

Any other suggestions?

Maybe if I can get a small sample.mp4 file with a sample.mp4.fmt file that has been verified that works on other TiVo's I could then confirm whether it works on the Aussie TiVo's. Maybe I am not encoding the test mp4 file correctly.

Am I right to say if I find that it doesn't allow streaming of raw mp4 files then they have broken something in regards to registering streams/resources and that it is nothing to do with changing mpeg stream from program to transport?

Last edited by t1c4l : 10-31-2009 at 01:17 AM.
Old 11-01-2009, 01:21 AM   #1645
Dot.AY

Just thought I would add another Aussie with a Tivo HD getting the 0xFFFF error

Really frustrating StreamBaby in PytivoX is possibly the best thing about owning Tivo

Has someone already posted a .log file for this error?
Dot.AY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 06:25 AM   #1646
angusj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dot.AY View Post
Just thought I would add another Aussie with a Tivo HD getting the 0xFFFF error
"With the latest release of Software the .tivo files that are moved from the TiVo to the PC and back now use transport streams instead of program streams. This was necessary for us to support H.264 in NZ for both MRV and TiVo Desktop."

see http[colon]//forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=1295400&p=10#r183

(Sorry about the mangled url, I don't yet have enough posts to be allowed to post clickable urls.)
angusj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 01:37 PM   #1647
westside_guy
Annoyingly ephemeral

I can run 0.27 just fine on OS X 10.5.8, but when I've tried out r239 and now r253 with the exact same streambaby.ini file I get:

Code:
$ ./streambaby
Initializing StreamBaby svn-r253...
11/01/09 11:26:52 FFmpegJavaVideoModule: Unable to load FFmpeg native libraries
java.net.BindException: Can't assign requested address
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketBind(Native Method)
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.bind(PlainSocketImpl.java:359)
        at java.net.ServerSocket.bind(ServerSocket.java:319)
        at java.net.ServerSocket.<init>(ServerSocket.java:185)
        at com.tivo.hme.host.http.server.HttpServer$PortInterface.<init>(HttpServer.java:204)
        at com.tivo.hme.host.http.server.HttpServer$Port.<init>(HttpServer.java:169)
        at com.tivo.hme.host.http.server.HttpServer.start(HttpServer.java:79)
        at com.unwiredappeal.tivo.streambaby.host.Listener.<init>(Listener.java:103)
        at com.unwiredappeal.tivo.streambaby.host.Main.<init>(Main.java:137)
        at com.unwiredappeal.tivo.streambaby.StreamBabyMain.main(StreamBabyMain.java:152)
error: Can't assign requested address
usage: Main [--port <port>] [--ip <ip>] class
$
Note that the initial "Unable to load FFmpeg native libraries" is not part of this problem - but I'm including that line for completeness' sake.

Can anyone provide any guidance as to why I can't run the svn versions?

Last edited by westside_guy : 11-01-2009 at 01:48 PM.
westside_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 04:19 PM   #1648
kearygriffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by westside_guy View Post
I can run 0.27 just fine on OS X 10.5.8, but when I've tried out r239 and now r253 with the exact same streambaby.ini file I get...
error: Can't assign requested address
The newer SVN versions are much less forgiving to having an incorrect ip= in the streambaby.ini file (they actually adhere to it, where as older versions didn't always bind to the "correct" ip address). Make sure you have the right IP address in the file. (Or remove the line completely, and streambaby will attempt to autodetect)

Old 11-01-2009, 04:46 PM   #1649
westside_guy
Annoyingly ephemeral

Quote:
The newer SVN versions are much less forgiving to having an incorrect ip= in the streambaby.ini file (they actually adhere to it, where as older versions didn't always bind to the "correct" ip address). Make sure you have the right IP address in the file. (Or remove the line completely, and streambaby will attempt to autodetect)
Oh, shoot, I've been bitten by that one before - and I thought I had the correct IP address in there... but you're correct, that was the issue.

Thanks, sir.
westside_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 11:59 PM   #1650
t1c4l

Quote:
Maybe if I can get a small sample.mp4 file with a sample.mp4.fmt file that has been verified that works on other TiVo's I could then confirm whether it works on the Aussie TiVo's. Maybe I am not encoding the test mp4 file correctly.
Is anyone able to provide me with a smallish .mp4 file (under 10MB) with an .mp4.fmt file that has been verified to work on Streambaby outside of Australia and New Zealand? This way I can try and use these same files to try on my Aussie TiVo to see if it works.

Because if I find that it doesn't work, then this could point to something entirely different than just a change from program to transport streams.