TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-11-2009, 12:00 PM   #361
jrtroo
User

Start calling you village and your local regulatory body. Your state's AG office or consumer group may also help.
jrtroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 11:07 AM   #362
windracer
joined the 10k club

Brighthouse in St. Pete finally has M-Cards. I just had a tech swap out the two S-Cards in my THD with a single M-Card. That'll save me $3.90/month, which will only take me 10 months to re-coup that $40 installation fee for the truck roll!

Anyway, this was the smoothest CableCARD install I've had yet ... probably because the tech had never done a TiVo before (he used to do installs for Verizon) so he let me do all the driving. He also showed up 2 hours early on a Sunday morning!

I popped out the S-Cards, put in the M-Card, read off the info, he called it in, and a few minutes later everything was working.

Quite different from the pain I experienced back in '06/'07 getting S-Cards installed.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
windracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 10:35 AM   #363
windracer
joined the 10k club

Quote:
Originally Posted by windracer View Post
Brighthouse in St. Pete finally has M-Cards. I just had a tech swap out the two S-Cards in my THD with a single M-Card. That'll save me $3.90/month, which will only take me 10 months to re-coup that $40 installation fee for the truck roll!
When my billed showed up today, I called and complained about the $40 fee just to remove two existing cards and replace them with a single one. I argued this wasn't a new installation and I did most of the work anyway, so the rep removed the charge from my bill.

|
Old 10-23-2009, 07:00 PM   #364
heifer624

Installed an M-card here in Brevard county (Cocoa) , with no problems...Switched from the brighthouse HD box and kinda disappointed I no longer get these HD channels I use to watch:

1001 MLBHD
1015 WGN
1016 CBS College Sports
1322 Versus
1325 CNBC
1328 ESPN News
1332 Speed
1334 Golf Channel
heifer624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 07:56 PM   #365
windracer
joined the 10k club

Here's the "official" list of SDV channels on Brighthouse:

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...90#post7557490

edit: whoa, post 8k!

|
Old 10-25-2009, 08:53 AM   #366
heifer624

Any word as to when Brighthouse may provide this SDV tuning adapter ???
Old 10-25-2009, 10:15 AM   #367
windracer
joined the 10k club

You should be able to get one now (at least in Central FL, not sure about other areas).

|
Old 10-26-2009, 07:17 PM   #368
EpcotEric

I called Brighthouse yesterday and was told they are available now in the Tampa/Pinellas market for $3.80/month. No "1 year free" offer at this point. I have opted to hold off for now since the channels affected by SDV are not that important to me.

CSR also told me that it requires an installer and cannot be picked up at local offices.
Old 10-26-2009, 09:01 PM   #369
eaayoung

Quote:
Originally Posted by heifer624 View Post
Any word as to when Brighthouse may provide this SDV tuning adapter ???
They are available in your area since part of the BH Central Florida. Other's in your area have had them since the spring per a different thread.
eaayoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 01:23 PM   #370
heifer624

Good News: Brighthouse gave me the adapter free for one year and no install fee.
Bad News: Brighthouse showed up with a Cisco STA1520 tuning adapter.....They spent 4 hours trying to get it to work. No SDV channels showing up. Will come back in two days to try to resolve.
Old 12-20-2009, 04:06 PM   #371
heifer624

Two guys showed up two days later with a new Cisco. 2 1/2 hours later they left after multiple calls to their boss via cell phone. They said their engineer would have to follow up on what the problem was. They left it hooked up and said their boss would probably call me the next day.

The next day I came from from work, no call from the Boss, and found the box was working 100%. They must have found the problem at the office and fixed it.....Still no call from the Boss.
Old 03-31-2010, 06:47 PM   #372
mhanson74

I have been having all kinds of problems and I am on my 3rd Tivo box. I am dissapointed I signed up for the lifetime service. It has taken me since late December to get where I am following the advice of Tivo and now since I am passed 30 days - they will not refund the lifetime service - so I am stuck. Latest problem is an error 161-52 - I searched and could not find out what that is - anyone know? The Brighthouse tech said I need a tuning adapter and they will install that tomorrow - will that fix my grey screens? About every hour if I am watching HD channels I get a grey screen. The techs really do not know much since it is not their device.
mhanson74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 07:28 PM   #373
jrm01

If Brighthouse is using SDV (which I think they are) this very well could solve your problem.

BTW, why did you post this to a year-old unrelated thread?
jrm01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 09:42 PM   #374
orangeboy
yes, I AM orangeboy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrm01 View Post
...BTW, why did you post this to a year-old unrelated thread?
Your math is off. The prior date to the OP's post was on 12-20-2009.
orangeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 08:57 AM   #375
lammcspicy

can anyone tel me the difference between and m and an s card ? And how to tell the difference. Im in central florida I get a lot of "channel is temporarily unavalible" on the HD channels for channels I can get if I reboot the card in my tivo unit. This is not a great solution if I am out and set something to record
lammcspicy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 10:21 AM   #376
orangeboy
yes, I AM orangeboy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lammcspicy View Post
can anyone tel me the difference between and m and an s card ? And how to tell the difference. Im in central florida I get a lot of "channel is temporarily unavalible" on the HD channels for channels I can get if I reboot the card in my tivo unit. This is not a great solution if I am out and set something to record
On the card itself, it will say Multi-stream. I saw (a bad) one yesterday when BHN tried to install the one card they brought (lack of availability at the local office, I believe). The tech said he'd bring several on Tuesday to try, when he can get his hands on more.

A multi-stream CableCARD will decrypt the signal(s) for both tuners (or up to 6 tuners, if you have them I've heard), while the single-stream CableCARD can only handle one tuner at a time. S-CARDs are no longer being made.
orangeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 02:54 PM   #377
pileosnafu

Ok first sorry for reviving a 5 month dead thread but it the thread helped me dramatically! I recently purchased a TIVO with the current promo, and knew I would need a cable card. I called BH (I live on Orange) I was told that on my initial call with someone I got connected to by saying remove services. Told me all the disadvantages of a cable card so as no ondemand and "premium channels." "So we basically do not offer cable cards" I asked you basically don't or you do not? He replied with a "DO not at all."

Then asking a secondary question about my internet seems I only pay a $1.83 for it because of a package even though it shows much high on my bill -- but that's a whole different issue

So after reading the great advice on this forum. I called pressed the same buttons, rather then beat around the bush i straight up asked about the cable card and a Tunning adapter. Rep right away stated the rate of $3.40 (or whatever for the TA) and $2.andchange for the cable card. I asked about the free promo stated hasn't seen it in a while.. she asked since I have a box now why am I looking for a cable card, stated tivo, she said let me check on something. Came back stated yup still have 1 year free on the TA for Tivo customers. (horay for a community) Said it was $26something for an install, or I could get the cards and the TA at my local office. Somehow I think I will call and check they have some in stock before I drive over there.

THANK YOU everyone!
pileosnafu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 05:48 AM   #378
Dr_Diablo
Dr_Diablo

joke

Brighthouse is a joke, I called 6 weeks ago to have my service installed, an was told they no longer offer cable cards for the Tino an the broad hung up
Dr_Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 11:57 PM   #379
ahwman

I have two TiVo Premiere XL4's utilizing Motorola cableCARD's. I noticed today that the firmwares are quite different from one to the other. Recently my cable company pushed out a firmware update to both of my Motorola tuning adapters but not the cableCARDS. I have a pretty good relationship with my cable company and wondered if I should give them a call and ask them to push out the latest firmware to both cableCARDS or just leave it alone. I have had some issues with one TiVo intermittently with regards to tuning some channels and this happens to be the one with the older firmware. I've documented the reported statistics as they appear for each in the TiVo CableCARD Status screen.

CableCARD 1:
HW: 0554050003
Boot: 04.01
FW* 06.25

CableCARD 2:
FW Version: 02.65, 02.01, 03.25
HW Version: 0469927002
ahwman is offline   Reply With Quote