TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-01-2008, 03:26 AM   #61
bareyb
Under Maintenance

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by tivoupgrade View Post
Yes, aside from the specials listed on our site here, there is also a special offer for members (new and old) of the TiVo Community Club. Please see here:

TC Club Members Only: 10% discount on Series1, Series2, and Series3 Upgrade Kits

Details:

Current special for TC Club Members Only

TC Club Members are eligible for a 10% discount off the purchase price of all DVRupgrade TiVo upgrade kits for Series1, Series2 and Series3 TiVo systems. To receive your discount, simply order a kit directly from DVRupgrade and contact them with your order information, and your TiVo Community username so that DVRupgrade can verify your status as a TC Club member. Once verified, DVRupgrade will credit you accordingly.

Lou
Cool thanks. Now if I could find a buyer for my two 500 GB Esata external Drives I'd be in heaven...
Old 08-01-2008, 07:13 PM   #62
tivoupgrade
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bareyb View Post
Cool thanks. Now if I could find a buyer for my two 500 GB Esata external Drives I'd be in heaven...
Well, there is always EBAY for that; no question you'll find a buyer, but you might not be happy with the prices they are willing to pay.

Lou

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

tivoupgrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 11:04 AM   #63
tivoupgrade
Sponsor

prices updated - $200 rebate ending soon

Here are the current specials being offered (coupon for TCF members only, but cannot be combined with free accessory special offered on our site):

Specials on select TiVo HD Systems

$50 off any of the following upgraded TiVo HD systems:

TiVo HD DVR (43-hours HD / 409-hours SD) Normally: $399 With coupon: $349

TiVo HD DVR (70-hours HD / 663-hours SD) Normally: $499 With coupon: $449

TiVo HD DVR (107-hours HD / 1015-hours SD) Normally: $599 With coupon: $549

TiVo HD DVR (144-hours HD / 1368-hours SD) Normally: $699 With coupon: $649

TiVo HD DVR (292-hours HD / 2776-hours SD) Normally: $999 With coupon: $949

Specials on select Series3 Systems

$50 off any of the following upgraded Series3 systems:

TiVo Series3 DVR (43-hours HD / 409-hours SD) Normally: $749 With coupon and TiVo Rebate: $499

TiVo Series3 DVR (70-hours HD / 663-hours SD) Normally: $799 With coupon and TiVo Rebate: $549

TiVo Series3 DVR (107-hours HD / 1015-hours SD) Normally: $899 With coupon and TiVo Rebate: $649

TiVo Series3 DVR (144-hours HD / 1368-hours SD) Normally: $999 With coupon and TiVo Rebate: $749

TiVo Series3 DVR (292-hours HD / 2777-hours SD) Normally: $1299 With coupon and TiVo Rebate: $1049

When checking out, please use this coupon code: DVRTCF2007-050 and the $50 will automatically be deducted.

If you want an HDMI cable, you can buy one for a PENNY by using this coupon code: HDMI07TCS

And if you want a GLO REMOTE, you can buy one for $30 by using this coupon code: DVRTCF2007-030

All three coupon codes may be used during a single purchase. They can't be combined with some other offers, like the free glo remote offer on our page. If you have a question about ordering, please let me know or reply to this thread.

The idea here is to work together with TCF to give you some deals that are better than you can find anywhere else. Hopefully that is the case, and if they are not, please let me know and I will look into it further.

Current Status TiVo Series3 and TiVoHD Specials

3 FREE MONTHS of TiVo Service on Activations applies all units ACTIVATED between Jan 16th and October 31st, 2008 (more info)

Lifetime Service is now available (as of 5/15/08) on new TiVo DVR purchases and activations. $399 for the first unit on your account and $299 for any subsequent unit on your account. All TiVo Series3 and TiVo HD units purchased from DVRupgrade are eligible for this pricing as your activations are done with TiVo, directly.

$200 Rebate on Series3 Purchases between June 29th, 2008 and August 30th, 2008. We have a limited supply of these units, so they are likely to be gone before then.

Thanks again for your support,

Lou

Old 09-22-2008, 12:00 AM   #64
Kadence

Looks like lots of the prices have changed, many the same as or lower than the previously listed coupon prices. Any newer deals?
Kadence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 09:23 AM   #65
tivoupgrade
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadence View Post
Looks like lots of the prices have changed, many the same as or lower than the previously listed coupon prices. Any newer deals?
Yes, prices have been lowered (again), and the free remote / wireless G coupon is still active!

Here's something that hasn't been mentioned in this thread though...

... we still have a stock of new Series3 units available, and they can be purchased for $399 each.

Lou

Old 09-22-2008, 09:48 AM   #66
osborn4

Do both the Series 3 and the HD support the external add on drive?
osborn4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 11:42 AM   #67
tivoupgrade
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by osborn4 View Post
Do both the Series 3 and the HD support the external add on drive?
Series3 and TiVo HD units will work with the Western Digital branded "My DVR" drive which I believe can offer up to 500GB of additional recording capacity.

The Series3 will also work, plug and play, with many aftermarket eSATA enclosures; we offer a 1TB version based upon the Apricorn enclosure.

The TiVo HD will not work with any aftermarket eSATA enclosures as plug and play devices, however with software reconfiguration on the primary hard drive, it can work with an aftermarket eSATA enclosure as long as it is configured with the primary drive of the unit.

Lastly, if you are considering an upgraded unit, you cannot add an external drive as a plug and play device without reconfiguring the software on the primary drive.

The recommendation around here is to stick with a single drive unit, whenever possible as it will be more reliable and offer a bit less clutter, however if you are looking for something more than 1TB, then either of the two units are available in a 2TB configuration (one internal and one external drive in the aforementioned enclosure).

Old 09-22-2008, 11:55 AM   #68
osborn4

Thanks. That all makes sense, including getting a large enough hard drive to not have to go dual.

My current Tivo is dying a slow and painful death. But buying a new Tivo with another lifetime subscription will be painful, also.

So I'm weighing my options.
osborn4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 01:01 PM   #69
tivoupgrade
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by osborn4 View Post
Thanks. That all makes sense, including getting a large enough hard drive to not have to go dual.

My current Tivo is dying a slow and painful death. But buying a new Tivo with another lifetime subscription will be painful, also.

So I'm weighing my options.
Well... as you may know, repairing and possibly upgrading your existing unit is certainly doable and will help to preserve the value of your lifetime subscription - even if you were to ultimately sell the unit on ebay or somewhere else. I'm sure you are considering that, and also the thought of moving to HD (which is a nice benefit, should you go in that direction)...
Old 10-01-2008, 03:34 PM   #70
tivoupgrade
Sponsor

Latest Newsletter

Several special deals mentioned in our latest newsletter, including a small supply of NEW Series3 units available for $399.

Lou
Old 10-20-2008, 08:57 AM   #71
tivoupgrade
Sponsor

Quote:
Several special deals mentioned in our latest newsletter, including a small supply of NEW Series3 units available for $399.

Lou
FYI, we've exhausted our supply of Series3 units which were available at that special price (and yes, they were new, unopened, not refurbished units), however we've kept a couple which are still available for use in upgraded configurations. We don't expect them to last much longer so if you are considering purchasing an upgraded unit, we recommend you do that as soon as possible.

Once these units are gone, they are gone.

Lou

Old 11-11-2008, 03:20 AM   #72
bareyb
Under Maintenance

TC CLUB MEMBER
Well my Series 3 is doing the constant reboot thing and I think it probably needs a new drive. Does anyone know if "DVR Upgrade" has overnight shipping?
Old 11-11-2008, 01:36 PM   #73
bareyb
Under Maintenance

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by bareyb View Post
Well my Series 3 is doing the constant reboot thing and I think it probably needs a new drive. Does anyone know if "DVR Upgrade" has overnight shipping?
Crap. The things we do for our kids... I just ordered the 1TB drive from DVR Upgrade. I just hope they get the thing shipped today. My kids are all over me to get their TiVo back.

As an aside, has anyone else installed the 1 TB drive from DVR Upgrade? How do you like it? Is it quiet?

UPDATE: Good customer service Lou! It looks like I'll have it tomorrow! Thanks.
Quote:
Hi -

Yes, this will ship out today and we'll adjust the order to reflect the 10% discount. The discount only applies to the purchase price of the kit (not the shipping); we make no money on the shipping costs, at all, and we hardly ever get a break from UPS - they make out like bandits.

I'll send you a revised order confirmation once the order has been adjusted, and you'll get a tracking number later in the day.

Thanks again,

Lou

Last edited by bareyb : 11-11-2008 at 02:30 PM.
bareyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 11:38 PM   #74
sf_adam

VideoRedo TVSuite

this does not seem to work anymore...

Quote:
Here is a coupon code for $10 off VideoRedo TVSuite which can be used on our web site during checkout.

DVRUPGRADE-VRD08

More info on VideoRedo Products

sf_adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 10:46 AM   #75
tivoupgrade
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sf_adam View Post
this does not seem to work anymore...
No, we retired that coupon code. The VideoReDo products listed on our site are $5 less than what is listed directly on the VideoReDo site. You can use this coupon code for an additional $5 off:

TCF-VRD-5

If you are downloading the trial from our site, we email you that coupon code during the trial-period.

Here's a good starting point for an overview of the VideoReDo products:

VideoRedo for MPEG and TiVo file editing; and DVD Burning

Old 11-20-2008, 09:50 PM   #76
sf_adam

Thank you. I just purchased it. There's no mention of how or if I get a license key. I already had the trial installed and it is expired. Thanks.
sf_adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 08:26 AM   #77
tivoupgrade
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sf_adam View Post
Thank you. I just purchased it. There's no mention of how or if I get a license key. I already had the trial installed and it is expired. Thanks.
I just checked and the cart ran out of 'tokens' which are supposed to be emailed to you automatically. It's fixed now and you should have received an email with a token and instructions for generating the license key from the VideoRedo site. If you didn't receive this email, please check your spam, or contact us and we'll resend the info and instructions.

Thx,
Lou

Old 12-18-2008, 02:28 PM   #78
tivoupgrade
Sponsor

The prices in the original post of this thread were way out of date. They are now updated with the same information published below:

Thx and Happy Holidays!

Lou

-----------------

If you are a TiVo Community Forum member, then you are eligible to receive a special price on any of these upgraded systems offered to you by DVRupgrade, the official TiVo Upgrade sponsor of TiVo Community. We have had a presence here since September of 2000 and were the creators of the very first upgrade kits and services so many years ago. As advertisers here at one time, we've taken the plunge to become the official sponsors and are working together with the new owners of the community to offer special pricing on select products, sponsor contests and even offer special pricing to members of the TiVo Community Club (TC Club), as well.

Here are the current specials being offered:

Specials on THESE select TiVo HD Systems

TiVo HD DVR (70-hours HD / 663-hours SD) Normally: $449 With coupon: $399

TiVo HD DVR (107-hours HD / 1015-hours SD) Normally: $479 With coupon: $429

TiVo HD DVR (144-hours HD / 1368-hours SD) Normally: $549 With coupon: $499

When checking out, please use this coupon code: DVRTCF2007-050 and the $50 will automatically be deducted.

If you want an HDMI cable, you can buy one for a PENNY by using this coupon code: HDMI07TCS

And if you want a GLO REMOTE, you can buy one for $30 by using this coupon code: DVRTCF2007-030

All three coupon codes may be used during a single purchase. They can't be combined with some other offers, like the free glo remote offer on our page. If you have a question about ordering, please let me know or reply to this thread.

The idea here is to work together with TCF to give you some deals that are better than you can find anywhere else. Hopefully that is the case, and if they are not, please let me know and I will look into it further.

Current Status of TiVoHD Specials

3 FREE MONTHS of TiVo Service on Activations applies all units ACTIVATED between Jan 16th and October 31st, 2008 (more info)

Lifetime Service is now available (as of 5/15/08) on new TiVo DVR purchases and activations. $399 for the first unit on your account and $299 for any subsequent unit on your account. All TiVo Series3 and TiVo HD units purchased from DVRupgrade are eligible for this pricing as your activations are done with TiVo, directly.

Old 04-13-2009, 10:57 AM   #79
TDoodle

For anyone considering a purchase of VideoReDo TVSuite software from the DVRUpgrade folks, that additional $5 off coupon (shown in a previous message above) is still active as of today when I placed my order. This is a good deal bringing the cost of the software to $64.99 (a $10 savings off List).

This was my first order with the folks at DVRUpgrade and it was a very smooth process. Their company rating on ResellerRatings.com is stellar and a tribute to their operation.

Rick
TDoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 10:06 AM   #80
tivoupgrade
Sponsor

TiVo 3-Months Free Promotion Extended

The TiVo "3 Months Free" promotion has been extended. Activate a one-year monthly TiVo service plan between May 1st 2009 and July 31st 2009 and you will get 3 months of service for free. Use the promo code GET3FREE when activating your unit.

More info on our rebates and specials page including details and coupon code for receiving a free glo remote or free TiVo USB wireless adapter when purchasing an upgraded TiVo HD, as well.

or save some money get receiving $50 off any of the following upgraded TiVo HD systems:

TiVo HD DVR (70-hours HD / 663-hours SD) Normally: $449 With coupon: $399

TiVo HD DVR (107-hours HD / 1015-hours SD) Normally: $479 With coupon: $429

TiVo HD DVR (144-hours HD / 1368-hours SD) Normally: $549 With coupon: $499

When checking out, please use this coupon code: DVRTCF2009-050 and the $50 will automatically be deducted.

If you want an HDMI cable, you can buy one for a PENNY by using this coupon code: HDMI09TCF

And if you want a GLO REMOTE, you can buy one for $30 by using this coupon code: DVRTCF2009-030

Thanks from your sponsor,

Lou

Old 05-06-2009, 09:34 AM   #81
tivoupgrade
Sponsor

6-months Free Netflix on TiVo HD Purchases

TiVo recently announced a promotion offering 6-months of FREE Netflix service valued at $8.99 / month. The promotion is only available between April 20th, 2009 and May 31st, 2009, and it's a great deal if you are looking for an inexpensive way to stream Netflix's online library to your TiVo HD, or save a few dollars on your existing Netfix subscription costs.

Full details can be found on TiVo's web site here and a synopsis of the program is also detailed at TiVoBlog.

Lou

Last edited by tivoupgrade : 05-06-2009 at 09:45 AM.
Old 06-23-2009, 01:31 PM   #82
tivoupgrade
Sponsor

DVRupgrade Newsletter

Most recent newsletter (and some new specials) is here:

http://bit.ly/19kvYt

Old 07-24-2009, 07:51 AM   #83
joycentucson

eff 09jul tivo has a great deal ---'upgrade'--- for current tivo subscribers

*****************from tivo site**************************
"This exclusive offer on our TiVo HD DVRs is only available to Series1 and Series2 customers with a valid service contract over one year."

$100 off series 3 hd box THAT'S ONLY $199 best deal ever

i can't go back in to look at the upgrade now cuz i've already taken advantage.

to see if illegible just log on to tivo:
*click 'my tivo'
*click 'big savings on tivo updates'

cheers
joycentucson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 11:04 AM   #84
tivoupgrade
Sponsor

Get3free

For those who did not know this, the GET3FREE promotion from TiVo was extended, some time ago, through the end of October:

This code: GET3FREE will work just fine, when activating, with any of the upgraded units available on our site. Be sure to read about the coupon codes for receiving a free wireless adapter, or glo remote when ordering. More info here.

Lou

Old 10-16-2009, 12:16 PM   #85
tivoupgrade
Sponsor

Quote:
For those who did not know this, the GET3FREE promotion from TiVo was extended, some time ago, through the end of October:

This code: GET3FREE will work just fine, when activating, with any of the upgraded units available on our site. Be sure to read about the coupon codes for receiving a free wireless adapter, or glo remote when ordering. More info here.

Lou
Only a couple of more weeks left for this promotion. No word yet on whether or not it will be extended.

Lou

Old 11-15-2009, 01:56 PM   #86
tivoupgrade
Sponsor

New Pricing for the Holiday Season (and beyond!)

Updated: November 15th for Fall season...

If you are a TiVo Community Forum member, then you are eligible to receive a special price on any of these upgraded systems offered to you by DVRupgrade, the official TiVo Upgrade sponsor of TiVo Community. We have had a presence here since September of 2000 and were the creators of the very first upgrade kits and services so many years ago. As advertisers here at one time, we've taken the plunge to become the official sponsors and are working together with the new owners of the community to offer special pricing on select products, sponsor contests and even offer special pricing to members of the TiVo Community Club (TC Club), as well.

Here are the current specials being offered:

Specials on THESE select TiVo HD Systems

TiVo HD DVR (43-hours HD / 409-hours SD) Normally: $349 With coupon: $299

TiVo HD DVR (70-hours HD / 663-hours SD) Normally: $499 With coupon: $349

TiVo HD DVR (107-hours HD / 1015-hours SD) Normally: $429 With coupon: $379

TiVo HD DVR (144-hours HD / 1368-hours SD) Normally: $499 With coupon: $399

TiVo HD DVR (292-hours HD / 2776-hours SD) Normally: $749 With coupon: $699

When checking out, please use this coupon code: DVRTCF2009-050 and the $50 will automatically be deducted.

If you want an HDMI cable, you can buy one for a PENNY by using this coupon code: HDMI09TCF

And if you want a GLO REMOTE, you can buy one for $30 by using this coupon code: DVRTCF2009-030

All three coupon codes may be used during a single purchase. They can't be combined with some other offers, like the free glo remote / wireless adapter offer on our site. If you have a question about ordering, please let me know or reply to this thread.

Current Status of TiVo HD Specials

Lifetime Service is now available (as of 5/15/08) on new TiVo DVR purchases and activations. $399 for the first unit on your account and $299 for any subsequent unit on your account. All TiVo HD units purchased from DVRupgrade are eligible for this pricing as your activations are done with TiVo, directly.

Thanks again for your support,

Lou

Old 12-11-2009, 11:04 AM   #87
tivoupgrade
Sponsor

$100 off ANY upgraded TiVo HD DVR from our site

Folks,

DVRupgrade is now an authorized dealer for CLEAR™ the new 4G WiMAX solution that gives you broadband speeds over a wireless connection. I won't go into all of the details of WiMAX and it's full potential here, but if you are in a city with coverage, it is amazing, and you can read more about it here.

As an introductory special to those of you considering purchasing an upgraded TiVo HD unit before the end of the year, we are offering a special discount to TCF members who purchase either the "Pick 2" or "Pick 3" plans and an upgraded TiVo DVR from DVRupgrade.

These plans allow you unlimited WiMAX access, at broadband speeds, either with a home-based modem, or USB mobile adapters.

All you have to do is purchase an upgraded TiVo DVR from our site, before 12/31/09, and then contact us and we can discuss which CLEAR plan is appropriate for you, and credit your TiVo DVR order by $100.

This offer CAN be combined with the specials and coupon codes discussed in this thread and we are extending it to ANYONE who has purchased an upgraded TiVo DVR from us since NOVEMBER 1st, 2009.

If you have any questions about this offer, the CLEAR™ product offering, coverage areas, etc. please use our contact form and we will follow-up with you directly.

Thanks and Happy Holidays,

Lou

Old 12-11-2009, 11:09 AM   #88
SpiritualPoet

According to someone I know who also sells the Clear service, Clear is affiliated with Sprint in this service. Knowing that means a lot. Having Sprint involved is a good thing.
SpiritualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 11:00 AM   #89
tivoupgrade
Sponsor

follow me on twitter

Follow me on twitter (@tivoupgrade) for occasional daily specials and coupon codes.

Thanks and Happy New Year!

Lou

Old 01-02-2010, 10:51 AM   #90
waynomo
My One Time

Glo Remote - VideoReDo - Any Deals

Are there any current deals on a Tivo Glo Remote or VideoRedo?
waynomo is offline   Reply With Quote