TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-07-2009, 01:17 PM   #61
lew

You were using Windows 7. That's still beta software. You might have done something wrong. There could have been an issue with whatever beta build you were using. Some people jump at the chance to try a new operating system. The rest of us wait until we're sure it works with whatever applications we use.

You acknowledge using QSF solves the problem, as long as you enable filters.

Sorry but your first "issue" was an issue with a beta version of Windows. Your second issue is with a "poor interface", having to do the extra step of running QSF.

Do a search Tivo Desktop Plus currently chokes on these files.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twhiting9275 View Post
Just because the problem was partially resolved when I reformatted doesn't take away from the fact that the problem still exists. VRD has known about this for years and refused to step up and fix their product accordingly. This is nothing but laziness, pure laziness.

The higher up channels are going to do this. I don't have problem one with standard (basic) channels (Fox, NBC, ABC, CBS, CW, etc), but when you get into the "family cable" area, then the problems start occurring, almost on a 100% basis

If you run the video through VRD -> QSF and check 'enable filters', this should resolve it so that VRD can process the video. I would strongly suggest staying away from all other products if you're going to use VRD, because that's what ended up causing my own problems. By itself, VRD is fine (aside from the dimensions changed garbage), but it doesn't play well with others.

lew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 02:21 PM   #62
richsadams

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneg View Post
I think most folks would underestimate by a couple of orders of magnitude. Keep up the great work. I use your product every day and am patiently waiting for H.264 support.
+1 Oh...and waiting for the Mac version.
richsadams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 03:04 PM   #63
NJ Webel

Quote:
Originally Posted by twhiting9275 View Post
A product is never 'good enough' if it has bugs, of any kind. Sloppy, shoddy workmanship is not acceptable, ever, in any reality.
So, I guess you're also upset with Microsoft;

and Apple;

and TiVo, for that matter.

I don't own, and have NEVER DOWNLOADED OR USED VideoReDo, and it's patently obvious to see you are never going to be satisfied with this software. So, why don't you chalk it up to a 'lesson learned' that things don't always go the way you expect them to and go out and find a different method to change your tivo files to mpeg. Then you'd be able to contribute positively to the thread instead of just continually beating your drum.
NJ Webel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 12:05 PM   #64
sm482

If you run the video through VRD -> QSF and check 'enable filters', this should resolve it so that VRD can process the video. I would strongly suggest staying away from all other products if you're going to use VRD, because that's what ended up causing my own problems. By itself, VRD is fine (aside from the dimensions changed garbage), but it doesn't play well with others.[/quote]

I have done that and also indicated to break it into 138 segments (recommended by VRD) and I get this message: "I/O read error: invalid file format from external reader in FileBitInputStream" and then the QSF quits.

Other suggestions? I love my TIVO and I think VRD is a great program, but I've had this problem ever since the final part of Comcast's change to digital transmission, which happened on September 22nd.
sm482 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 12:51 PM   #65
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by sm482 View Post
If you run the video through VRD -> QSF and check 'enable filters', this should resolve it so that VRD can process the video. I would strongly suggest staying away from all other products if you're going to use VRD, because that's what ended up causing my own problems. By itself, VRD is fine (aside from the dimensions changed garbage), but it doesn't play well with others.

I have done that and also indicated to break it into 138 segments (recommended by VRD) and I get this message: "I/O read error: invalid file format from external reader in FileBitInputStream" and then the QSF quits.

Other suggestions? I love my TIVO and I think VRD is a great program, but I've had this problem ever since the final part of Comcast's change to digital transmission, which happened on September 22nd.
As mentioned in this thread, Womble Mpeg Video Wizard doesn't have any trouble with changing video dimensions, so that's a program you can try (there is a free trial period for that program).
So far QSFIX with filter enabled has fixed it for me in VRD.
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 03:48 PM   #66
TexasGrillChef

Quote:
Originally Posted by windracer View Post
It's not free, but VideoReDo is worth the price of admission for converting .TiVo to plain MPEG-2, editing out commercials, and even creating DVDs.
I don't think VideoRedo Supports 1080i DD5.1 conversion does it?

TGC

Last edited by TexasGrillChef : 08-10-2013 at 04:57 PM.
TexasGrillChef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 06:27 AM   #67
jcthorne

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGrillChef View Post
I don't think VideoRedo Supports 1080i DD5.1 conversion does it?

TGC
Yes, works fine.

Setup help for pytivo under windows:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jcthorne is offline   Reply With Quote