TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-18-2009, 08:43 PM   #1
Bradachin

How to add video to VUZE

How do I add video to vuze so I can view it using my Tivo Series 2 dvr's?
Bradachin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 07:55 AM   #2
orangeboy
yes, I AM orangeboy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradachin View Post
How do I add video to vuze so I can view it using my Tivo Series 2 dvr's?
I just created a profile named "Tivo SD" using these specs:

Code:
#General information
name=TiVo SD
device=tivo.series2
file-extension=.vob
icon_url=http://cache2.vuze.com/devices/tv-hd.png
description=

#video information
video-max-width=720
video-max-height=480
video-pixel-mod=8;
#video-max-frame-rate=30.0

video-args= -vcodec mpeg2video -b 20000k -maxrate 35000k -bufsize 4096k -f vob

#audio information
audio-max-bitrate=448k
audio-allowed-bitrates=448k
#audio-max-sample-rate=48000
audio-max-channels=2
audio-args=-acodec mp2

#container information
container-format=vob
The profiles are stored in Windows XP at this location: C:\Documents and Settings\orangeboy\Application Data\Azureus\plugins\vuzexcode\profiles. I believe because there is this specification: device=tivo.series2, this profile is automatically selected for the Series 2. The above code is provided "as-is", meaning you may have to tweak the video information. I just took the Tivo HD profile and "fixed" it to conform to Series 2 requirements.

HTH!
orangeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 08:49 AM   #3
Kasey1

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh,I just think so
Kasey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 11:48 AM   #4
Krepta3000

Thank you for this solution, I've been having so much trouble trying to get Vuze videos to play on my TiVo Series 2 DVR, and it's been driving me a little mad. The thing is, the video looks messed up, there are these strange colorful lines all over it. I can see the video somewhat, and the audio came across great. What do I do?
Krepta3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 10:21 PM   #5
orangeboy
yes, I AM orangeboy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krepta3000 View Post
Thank you for this solution, I've been having so much trouble trying to get Vuze videos to play on my TiVo Series 2 DVR, and it's been driving me a little mad. The thing is, the video looks messed up, there are these strange colorful lines all over it. I can see the video somewhat, and the audio came across great. What do I do?
Is it consistent with every file you've transferred?
Old 10-05-2009, 02:07 AM   #6
jwestover

Vuze audio clarity

Using a Series-3 working well for 2 years with expanded eSATA. Unfortunately the vuze transcoder does not sufficient clarity for audio; video is quite good for most of the 720p or higher. The audio has a background "ripple" to it which is quite disappointing. My first Vuze transfers were from the latest version v4.2.0.8 az3 on Mac OS X 10.5.8

Any others who are noticing this? Any way to get a higher quality transcoder, even it takes more time, for the Mac?
jwestover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 01:27 PM   #7
daveak
Series 3 Novice

When the audio is not 'quite right' with the Vuze transcoding, I play it back with TiVo Desktop+ and it has worked where Vuze has not delivered the audio as well. I am quite certain you can use other transcoding software as well when the Vuze transcoding is not up to snuff. With the TD+, just make sure you set it to the highest priority server setting in the software or make sure your computer is not busy with other tasks - or it will take a long time. At least on my comp.
daveak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 09:15 AM   #8
orangeboy
yes, I AM orangeboy!

Nice work!

I used that same ehomeupgrade.com link to define the audio settings, but didn't look too much into the video. It sounds like that other link (from the site who shall not be named) covered the video resolution. I'll admit it: I tested with only one file and had problems with the 6 channel AC3 audio codec getting transcoded, but had no problems with the video (hence my as-is disclaimer ). It sounds like you put some effort into making a solid profile which should help some folks with neglected Series 2's out there. Well done!
Old 10-06-2009, 05:00 PM   #9
darrin75

does this work with directv tivos?
darrin75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 11:53 PM   #10
darrin75

does not work on series 2 with 6.2a
Old 10-11-2009, 09:18 AM   #11
KYBOSH

There is a thread on another (the other) TIVO support site by the same as this one "How to add video to VUZE" under the Series 2 Support forum. In it I post the solution to this issue.

Darrin75 points out that it applies to new firmware revisions and not the older ones like 6.2.

Good Luck
KYBOSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 01:43 PM   #12
Bassplayer

Anyone get this working with Mac yet? I can stream fine to my XBox from Vuze on the Mac, but not the Tivo. Vuze shows the Tivo in the left-side pane, and I can transcode files just fine, but they don't show up on the Tivo.
Bassplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 08:00 PM   #13
curtwulf

Working... but crummy

I have gotten this working. Aside from using the properties file above, I made changes to the video-args property to read as such

video-args= -vcodec mpeg2video -maxrate 35000k -bufsize 4096k -f vob -deinterlace

That being said, it works. However, the properties

video-max-width=720
video-max-height=540

May be keeping the quality down. I'm still tinkering with it...
curtwulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 01:59 AM   #14
BPG1988

I have a series 2 with software 9.3.2b and i cant get vuze to show up in the now playing list. I can transcode the videos in vuze with the SD profile, but vuze doesnt show up.

Is there a fix for this?

Brian
BPG1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 03:25 PM   #15
Spenner

Maybe skip Vuze altogether and use pyTivo.
Spenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 05:07 PM   #16
orangeboy
yes, I AM orangeboy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spenner View Post
Maybe skip Vuze altogether and use pyTivo.
pyTivo doesn't have a built in torrent client, which Vuze was before adding this extra chunk of functionality.
Old 11-11-2009, 05:01 PM   #17
Spenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeboy View Post
pyTivo doesn't have a built in torrent client, which Vuze was before adding this extra chunk of functionality.
Right, but the OP sounds like their videos aren't coming from Vuze ("How do I add video to vuze so I can view it using my Tivo Series 2 dvr's?"), they're using Vuze to get it to the Tivo.

I use Vuze to download, and tried Vuze's transcoding, but now just use pyTivo.
a) Vuze's transcoder didn't work on HD MKV files - would just get screeching for audio.
b) pyTivo transcodes on-the-fly during the Tivo transfer, whereas with Vuze you have to wait for Vuze to first transcode the file (which for an HD film could be an hour or two) before it's available to transfer to the Tivo, AND you use double storage space on your PC - the original file and the transcoded one.
c) I just set pyTivo's share folder to my Vuze download folder. Voila! Download with Vuze, and the files are easily available on the Tivo with pyTivo.
Spenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 06:59 PM   #18
orangeboy
yes, I AM orangeboy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spenner View Post
Right, but the OP sounds like their videos aren't coming from Vuze ("How do I add video to vuze so I can view it using my Tivo Series 2 dvr's?"), they're using Vuze to get it to the Tivo.

I use Vuze to download, and tried Vuze's transcoding, but now just use pyTivo.
a) Vuze's transcoder didn't work on HD MKV files - would just get screeching for audio.
b) pyTivo transcodes on-the-fly during the Tivo transfer, whereas with Vuze you have to wait for Vuze to first transcode the file (which for an HD film could be an hour or two) before it's available to transfer to the Tivo, AND you use double storage space on your PC - the original file and the transcoded one.
c) I just set pyTivo's share folder to my Vuze download folder. Voila! Download with Vuze, and the files are easily available on the Tivo with pyTivo.
Ah. Yeah, I use pyTivo myself as part of a kmttg commercial cutting process, as well as Tivo Desktop Plus for auto-transfer of other video content. I played a bit with vuze, trying out the "one stop shop" of downloading torrents and send to Tivo, but the novelty wore off kinda quickly. There are lots of options out there.
Old 11-12-2009, 12:10 AM   #19
darrin75

So dtivo requires 6.3 and above correct?