TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-14-2009, 09:11 PM   #1321
jsjames

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
The "decrypt" task converts from .TiVo format to .mpg format. There is no loss in audio/video quality for that process. The only thing you do lose is the .TiVo metadata information (show information) which VideoRedo will also strip out if converting to .mpg.
In kmttg if you enable "metadata" task then it will create a pyTivo compatible metadata file with the show information such that if you use pyTivo to send show back to your Tivo(s) the show information is retained.
Is there a specific encoding profile that is closest to the default tivo file? I don't need to reduce file size or resolution.
I see one says ff_tivohd and is 5mb and there is another that is 8mb. I would assume the higher one is what I want to use?
I guess I can always try them both
jsjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 09:34 PM   #1322
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsjames View Post
Is there a specific encoding profile that is closest to the default tivo file? I don't need to reduce file size or resolution.
I see one says ff_tivohd and is 5mb and there is another that is 8mb. I would assume the higher one is what I want to use?
I guess I can always try them both
If you don't want any change in quality then don't use "encode" at all. That will leave the file in it's original mpeg format with no loss of quality. i.e. Simply enable "decrypt" task (and optionally "metadata" task) and leave everything else disabled.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 10:30 PM   #1323
jsjames

Thanks for the help!
I was not completely understanding how it worked until I just noticed the encode button. I'm just decrypting the file, not encoding.
jsjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 09:48 AM   #1324
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by limerickey View Post
KM-- Thanks for building us such a fantastic tool! I've just made the jump from old perl based kmttg to new java based. Great progress! For what it's worth, I'm using kmttg on a mythbuntu box.

One issue is turning up for me with the new version: the syntax for invoking comskip is broken.

kmttg tries to do it like this: comskip --ini /path/to/ini /path/to/recording
The current version of Comskip requires it to look like this: comskip --ini=/path/to/ini /path/to/recording

Is the dropped = a OS specific thing under Ubuntu, or is it a typo that can be quickly fixed?
No the new comskip still works fine with arguments as given by kmttg.
I think your are using wine to make a comskip wrapper script which looks something like:
wine /usr/local/bin/comskip/comskip.exe "$1"
The $1 means first argument only which means none of the arguments would make it through. You need to change it to be following instead so as to pass along all arguments:
wine /usr/local/bin/comskip/comskip.exe "$@"

Old 09-16-2009, 11:48 PM   #1325
moyekj

v0p7a release

Some pretty big changes/enhancements for this one based on requests:
release_notes

v0p7a (09/16/2009)
==================

ENHANCEMENTS
* Added "Show Folders" option for each Tivo tab to display Now Playing List using folders instead of flat structure. Can easily toggle between folder and non folder display modes.

* Added auto transfer Date Filter capability so can filter entries by less than or greater than specified number of hours old.

* Added auto transfer statistics printing to log file (total number of auto matches vs # shows checked for each Tivo).

* Added icon for identification of TiVo suggestions.

* Added icon for identification of copy protected shows (in addition to color coding).

* Tivo discovery updated so as to be able to handle cases when Tivo IP assignments change dynamically.

* TiVo discovery (Bonjour) now turned on as long as kmttg is running if "Look for Tivos on network" option is enabled (previously it would time out after 5 minutes). This is so that if there are any changes in Tivo IPs (for DHCP assigments that may be changing while kmttg is running) that kmttg can discover and automatically change the IPs appropriately. IP changes are automatically saved to config file.

FIXES
* Applied user-supplied fix for Atomic Parsley call so that TV Episode & Episode Num show up correctly in iTunes.

* Better exception handling if reading of .kmttg_settings file fails (perhaps because file is corrupted).

Old 09-18-2009, 12:53 AM   #1326
moyekj

v0p7b release

A couple of quick bug fixes:

v0p7b (09/17/2009)
==================

FIXES
* Fix for new exception issue introduced in v0p7a when clicking on any entry in FILES tab.

* Changed Now Playing List XML parser to read in characters in UTF8 encoding format so that all special characters including foreign language characters are properly preserved. Previously special characters in Spanish & French language for example were being mangled.

Old 09-18-2009, 03:39 PM   #1327
Steve Palo

series 1 Tivo

I've downloaded/installed your tool and it sees my newest Tivo (series 3), but not my series 1. I imagine that I need to install a server of some kind on the series 1. I had tivoweb on there once, but it isn't there now. Do you have additional instructions or warnings on the use of series 1 machines?

I should mention that I have a turbonet card on my series 1 machine and the Tivo uses this card to get internet access for guide data.

Last edited by Steve Palo : 09-18-2009 at 05:04 PM.
Steve Palo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 03:43 PM   #1328
innocentfreak

Thanks for the update.

I don't know if it has been asked before, is there any way to add it so that it flags shows on the NPL that are on our auto transfer list? I have a habit of adding the most recent shows again just in case I missed one with all the new shows starting up. Obviously not a huge deal, I just do it as a double check, but would be nice if something flagged the shows so I knew at a glance what was on my list.

innocentfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 05:12 PM   #1329
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Palo View Post
I've downloaded/installed your tool and it sees my newest Tivo (series 3), but not my series 1. I imagine that I need to install a server of some kind on the series 1. I had tivoweb on there once, but it isn't there now. Do you have additional instructions or warnings on the use of series 1 machines?

I should mention that I have a turbonet card on my series 1 machine and the Tivo uses this card to get internet access for guide data.
I don't know much about series 1 Tivos, but I don't think you can pull Now Playing list etc. using the conventional approach so I think tools such as kmttg are for Series 2 or later models.

Old 09-18-2009, 05:20 PM   #1330
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by innocentfreak View Post
Thanks for the update.

I don't know if it has been asked before, is there any way to add it so that it flags shows on the NPL that are on our auto transfer list? I have a habit of adding the most recent shows again just in case I missed one with all the new shows starting up. Obviously not a huge deal, I just do it as a double check, but would be nice if something flagged the shows so I knew at a glance what was on my list.
Perhaps, but that would probably mean another small column would be needed to identify something like that. May be useful to use that same new column to identify programs that are currently being processed by the GUI as well... Or instead of a new table column perhaps just some markers added in front of text in the "SHOW" column to identify such things. Does Tivo Desktop identify such things and if so, how?

Old 09-19-2009, 03:59 PM   #1331
Steve Palo

Quote:
I don't know much about series 1 Tivos, but I don't think you can pull Now Playing list etc. using the conventional approach so I think tools such as kmttg are for Series 2 or later models.
I can see the Now Showing list on my TivoWeb browser screen (I have TivoWeb 1.9.4-TCL running on the Series 1). What is the "convention approach" you are speaking of?
Steve Palo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 04:05 PM   #1332
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Palo View Post
I can see the Now Showing list on my TivoWeb browser screen (I have TivoWeb 1.9.4-TCL running on the Series 1). What is the "convention approach" you are speaking of?
It has to respond to HMO protocol queries such as:
https://<tivoip>/TiVoConnect?Command=QueryContainer&Container=/NowPlaying&Recurse=Yes&AnchorOffset=0
(which I don't think series 1 Tivos support).

Old 09-25-2009, 03:21 PM   #1333
innocentfreak

I was curious since I ran into this issue last night.

Is it possible for KMTTG to somehow generate the file as it transfers so that the required hard drive space is already allotted? I know programs like Vuze for torrents have an option where you can do this, but wasn't sure if there was anyway to implement it with Tivo.

The reason I ask is I have the check for hard drive space enabled with a limit of 8gb so just enough for about one 1 hour HD show. The problem I am having is that with all the new shows my transfer drive is low on space. As a result I usually have about 9gb free right now. If I initiate the transfers with the service or Run in GUI, it checks for drive space and then starts three transfers since I have three Tivos. As a result none of the shows complete since the drive fills.

If KMTTG could automatically allot the space for a show as it initiates the transfer, when it goes to perform the check for the second transfer it wouldn't start since the drive would now be below the limit.

Old 09-26-2009, 10:58 AM   #1334
moyekj

innocentfreak, I'll have to look into it some more but my first take on it is perhaps the routine that checks for available space can also account for estimated size requirements of any queued or ongoing jobs. That still won't be perfect as there are some jobs such as encoding jobs where there is no size estimate available, but perhaps at least as a first step potentially consider size estimates for download jobs.

Old 09-27-2009, 02:49 PM   #1335
robbroy

I need help. I am getting the following error when I run kmttg:

Quote:
java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "18446744073709550592"
at java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Long.parseLong(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Long.parseLong(Unknown Source)
at com.tivo.kmttg.task.NowPlaying.parseNPL(NowPlaying.java:268)
at com.tivo.kmttg.task.NowPlaying.check(NowPlaying.java:189)
at com.tivo.kmttg.main.jobData.check(jobData.java:96)
at com.tivo.kmttg.main.jobMonitor.monitor(jobMonitor.java:84)
at com.tivo.kmttg.main.kmttg$3.actionPerformed(kmttg.java:65)
at javax.swing.Timer.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.Timer$DoPostEvent.run(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

robbroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 03:32 PM   #1336
moyekj

robbroy, that huge number is supposedly a file size for a show on one of your TiVos. The number is 1.8e19 which Java is trying to evaluate as a long and obviously number is too big for a long.
So that is something like 18000000 Terabyte file which obviously can't be.
I'd be curious to see if a huge file size is reported when you run following in a browser:
https://<ip>/nowplaying/index.html?Recurse=Yes
(Replace <ip> with your Tivo IP and use login=tivo password=10 digit MAK)

Old 09-27-2009, 07:34 PM   #1337
robbroy

The largest file in my queue is about 10 gig.

I rebooted the tivo, the network and my pc and by magic it all worked again.

I should have rebooted before bothering you. My apologies.

PS: Ever consider drag and drop for the Files tab.
robbroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 07:49 PM   #1338
innocentfreak

Quote:
innocentfreak, I'll have to look into it some more but my first take on it is perhaps the routine that checks for available space can also account for estimated size requirements of any queued or ongoing jobs. That still won't be perfect as there are some jobs such as encoding jobs where there is no size estimate available, but perhaps at least as a first step potentially consider size estimates for download jobs.
Thanks it would be appreciated. I am more worried about the initial transfer over any encoding since that is all I am doing right now.

Also I just got this error tonight during a transfer. It stopped transferring and just showed everything in queue.

java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: -1
at com.tivo.kmttg.util.file.freeSpace(file.java:63)
at com.tivo.kmttg.main.jobMonitor.checkDiskSpace(jobMonitor.jav a:225)
at com.tivo.kmttg.main.jobMonitor.createSubFolders(jobMonitor.j ava:210)
at com.tivo.kmttg.task.metadata.launchJob(metadata.java:55)
at com.tivo.kmttg.main.jobData.launch(jobData.java:314)
at com.tivo.kmttg.main.jobMonitor.monitor(jobMonitor.java:153)

Old 09-27-2009, 07:54 PM   #1339
AudioNutz

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbroy View Post
PS: Ever consider drag and drop for the Files tab.
What do you mean? Drag & Drop currently works fine.
Old 09-27-2009, 08:34 PM   #1340
moyekj

Quote:
Thanks it would be appreciated. I am more worried about the initial transfer over any encoding since that is all I am doing right now.

Also I just got this error tonight during a transfer. It stopped transferring and just showed everything in queue.

java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: -1
at com.tivo.kmttg.util.file.freeSpace(file.java:63)
at com.tivo.kmttg.main.jobMonitor.checkDiskSpace(jobMonitor.jav a:225)
at com.tivo.kmttg.main.jobMonitor.createSubFolders(jobMonitor.j ava:210)
at com.tivo.kmttg.task.metadata.launchJob(metadata.java:55)
at com.tivo.kmttg.main.jobData.launch(jobData.java:314)
at com.tivo.kmttg.main.jobMonitor.monitor(jobMonitor.java:153)
Yeah, the free space checker is not very robust as it relies on system calls ("cmd /c dir <path>" in the case of Windows). Java 6 has its own function for free space which works a lot more reliably but in order to stay compatible with Mac systems I have to stay on Java 5 which means my own home grown functions for checking free space. I've added a couple of extra checks to prevent exceptions in development code in case you keep getting above problem and want to try it.

For now since you are so low on space instead of using auto transfers why not just run GUI and pick and choose 1 at a time what you want to transfer?

Old 09-27-2009, 09:31 PM   #1341
innocentfreak

Quote:
Yeah, the free space checker is not very robust as it relies on system calls ("cmd /c dir <path>" in the case of Windows). Java 6 has its own function for free space which works a lot more reliably but in order to stay compatible with Mac systems I have to stay on Java 5 which means my own home grown functions for checking free space. I've added a couple of extra checks to prevent exceptions in development code in case you keep getting above problem and want to try it.

For now since you are so low on space instead of using auto transfers why not just run GUI and pick and choose 1 at a time what you want to transfer?
The weird thing is I still had 30gb available when this error happened so I had plenty of space and wasn't below my limit or out of space. Hmm and it just did it again with 24.5gb free. Maybe my drive is going bad.

I usually just use run in gui, but I always try to make sure I have enough room for two transfers or just under if I am currently watching something I can delete off my PC as soon as I finish. My big problem is I have one Tivo with the stock drive I haven't updated yet so I am just trying to make sure I don't lose a show.

Old 09-27-2009, 10:20 PM   #1342
moyekj

Quote:
The weird thing is I still had 30gb available when this error happened so I had plenty of space and wasn't below my limit or out of space. Hmm and it just did it again with 24.5gb free. Maybe my drive is going bad.

I usually just use run in gui, but I always try to make sure I have enough room for two transfers or just under if I am currently watching something I can delete off my PC as soon as I finish. My big problem is I have one Tivo with the stock drive I haven't updated yet so I am just trying to make sure I don't lose a show.
I don't mean Auto Transfers->Run in GUI, I mean select a show in the list and initiate transfer manually - that way you can do 1 at a time.
It's not your drive going bad, like I said it is likely the crappy coding on getting free space for lack of a native Java function for doing so in Java 5. If you keep getting that error you are probably better off turning off the free space check or getting hold of development version of kmttg with some extra checks to avoid exceptions in free space check function.

Old 09-27-2009, 11:32 PM   #1343
innocentfreak

Quote:
I don't mean Auto Transfers->Run in GUI, I mean select a show in the list and initiate transfer manually - that way you can do 1 at a time.
It's not your drive going bad, like I said it is likely the crappy coding on getting free space for lack of a native Java function for doing so in Java 5. If you keep getting that error you are probably better off turning off the free space check or getting hold of development version of kmttg with some extra checks to avoid exceptions in free space check function.
Sorry I knew what you meant. I probably should do it that way when I get low on space. Of course keeping up with what has and hasn't transferred might be a challenge.

Ok cool. It was just strange that this was the first time it ever happened and then it happened twice in a row.

Oh I also meant to ask is there a reason that the NPL clear? I find they don't stay up anymore when I swear they used to even if they were only current as the last refresh. I find I frequently go in to add shows to the history file since I already watched them but haven't transferred yet. Lately though I have to refresh every time just to pull up a NPL which can take a while if it is already transferring other shows.

Old 09-29-2009, 05:53 PM   #1344
moyekj

Quote:
Please visit this issue page for instructions on downloading a beta version with enhanced free space checking that checks for estimated space required for queued up & running downloads:
http://code.google.com/p/kmttg/issues/detail?id=52
I'd like some feedback (please provide feedback in that issue for tracking purposes) to see if it works OK for you.

Old 09-29-2009, 07:11 PM   #1345
innocentfreak

Thanks I have been playing around with it a little so far

EDIT: moved to issue 52 since missed that part originally.

Last edited by innocentfreak : 09-29-2009 at 07:25 PM.
Old 10-01-2009, 12:25 PM   #1346
jbcheshire

Hi.
I would like to create a new encoding profile like the ff_zen that uses the avi container and mp3 audio, but increase the video size to 640x480.

This would be for my Archos av700. Other than changing the 320x480 in the command line, what other items do i need to change or add so that it will show a 640x480 resolution properly?
jbcheshire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 12:33 PM   #1347
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcheshire View Post
Hi.
I would like to create a new encoding profile like the ff_zen that uses the avi container and mp3 audio, but increase the video size to 640x480.

This would be for my Archos av700. Other than changing the 320x480 in the command line, what other items do i need to change or add so that it will show a 640x480 resolution properly?
Simply changing -s 320x240 to -s 640x480 should do it. I don't know what bit rates Archos av700 supports but you may also want to increase the bit rate from 800k to something higher to get better quality (if quality is an issue).

Old 10-01-2009, 12:51 PM   #1348
jbcheshire

Great!!! Thanks for your quick reply. I did check the Archos manual to find a better fit for the bitrate. I am running my first encoding job now.

By the way, is there documentation detailing what each of the commands stand for in the .enc file???
Old 10-01-2009, 01:13 PM   #1349
moyekj

You mean ffmpeg encoder options? If that's what you mean there are many, many ffmpeg options. Some documentation you can find here on ffmpeg:
http://ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-doc.html

Old 10-01-2009, 01:35 PM   #1350
jbcheshire

I will look through them in more detail when i have some "free" time...
Thanks again!!!