TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-23-2009, 05:31 PM   #1501
kearygriffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by spocko View Post
From some searching, I'm guessing that this may be related to preview generation, but I don't understand why it happens all the time even when I'm not doing any FF/Rew!
This is the expected behavior-- It generates the previews so you can see them when you ff/rewind. It needs to do this ahead of time, so even if you don't use FF/RWD they are still generated.

You can disable the generation by editing the streambaby.ini and setting:
preview.autogenerate=false

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
kearygriffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 12:33 PM   #1502
MrGolden

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluehz View Post
Relative path seems to work fine - I think the problem might (just a guess) be the windows formatted path "\" instead of "/" ... just a guess. I had no problems at all getting images to display on ubuntu box using image : images/my_image.jpg (my images are in subfolder named "images" below the actual video file.)
Okay, I still haven't been able to get the images to work with a .txt metadata file, and the .html file doesn't display anything at all - the info screen is blank.

Can someone please post or email me a real metadata file, txt or html (preferrably both), that they *know* works? Streambaby is running on an XP box, if that matters.

Thanks a lot!
MrGolden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 11:15 AM   #1503
bluehz

Metadata generation

I am still trying to wrap my head around the metadata usage with streambaby. I have a pretty good understanding of how the tivo.xml and pytivo.txt metadata files work and even a basic understanding of what happens with the xml transformations.

What I want to do is manually generate an html metadata document for each video file and use that as my metadata file. The reason I want to this is that my streambaby is running on a very old PC running Ubuntu 9.0.4 and I like to optimize as much as possible the processes. When using a standard pytivo.txt or tivo.xml metadata file - there is a significant pause before generating the Info screen displaying the metadata. I can only assume this is from the overhead required to parse and transform the raw metadata to the html for used by streambaby. Hence the reason I want to manually create the html metadata files - thereby skipping the xml transformations occurring in streambaby.

The problem I am having is nothing to do with streambaby - but more with the xml transformations. I can't seem to get a grip on writing the xslt required to transform the raw metadata into a finished html format I can use on the server. I have been scouring the internet for xslt tutorials etc, but still am having no luck.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I might go about converting the raw metadata (either tivo.xml or pyTivo.txt) into a usable static html metadata file.

Thx
bluehz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 11:40 AM   #1504
kearygriffin

Quote:
...there is a significant pause before generating the Info screen displaying the metadata. I can only assume this is from the overhead required to parse and transform the raw metadata to the html for used by streambaby.
Before you get too deep into this I would just make sure the pause is really caused by the XSLT transformation and not the HTML->jpg transformation. It could be either or both that is causing the pause. (Most likely both...)

If I remember correctly the XSLT transformation is pretty slow the the first time it generates the info screen, but is quicker for the next movie info screen. The XSLT is compiled the first time around and then is cached and used for all subsequent info screen metadata operations.

Keary

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-27-2009, 11:44 AM   #1505
bluehz

Thanks - another reason for static html generation is I want a customized info screen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kearygriffin View Post
Before you get too deep into this I would just make sure the pause is really caused by the XSLT transformation and not the HTML->jpg transformation. It could be either or both that is causing the pause. (Most likely both...)

If I remember correctly the XSLT transformation is pretty slow the the first time it generates the info screen, but is quicker for the next movie info screen. The XSLT is compiled the first time around and then is cached and used for all subsequent info screen metadata operations.

Keary

Old 08-27-2009, 12:43 PM   #1506
kearygriffin

Quote:
Thanks - another reason for static html generation is I want a customized info screen.
This seems to work (run from the streambaby/stylesheets directory):
Code:
xsltproc tivo-pyxml.xsl /tmp/hb2.xml  | xsltproc pytivo-html.xsl - > /tmp/hb2.html
To create hb2.html from hb2.xml, where /tmp/hb2.xml is TiVo format XML metadata. It does print some warnings but the resulting HTML seems OK. (I didn't look into the warning it was giving, but it's probably some XSLT feature that is not supported by xlstproc)

The first transform (tivo-pyxml.xsl) transform the TiVo format XML into a pseudo pyTivo format XML (if you look at the output you will see what I mean). The second transform (pytivo-html.xsl) takes the pseudo-pyTiVo XML and transforms it to HTML.

You can copy the xsl files to something else (so you don't break streambaby ;-) and then edit it to be more in line with what you are looking for.

As far as the actual XSLT I probably can't help too much-- It's a miracle I got what I did working for streambaby (with a lot of help from the thread...)

If you do use this method and slowness does not end up being a problem (so you don't need the static HTML files) you can just replace pytivo-html.xsl with your new versions to get a customized info screen.

Sorry if I am answering a part of the process you already knew the answer to-- I think the key to the process above is the first transform simplifies the TiVo format XML into something a little easier to deal with (the pseudo pyTivo format XML)

Old 08-27-2009, 04:55 PM   #1507
bluehz

Thanks kearygriffin. I was alreayd working with that process a bit but for some reason - must be an xslt error - only partial data is transformed (Title and description). I have been playing around with editing the pytivo-html.xsl (the tivo-pyxml.xsl is fine), but am having a heck of a time (xml/xslt is not my forte). I was hoping someone more knowledgable in xml/xslt might chime in here and offer some help. Well maybe someone will see the post and chime in. Thanks for the suggestions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kearygriffin View Post
This seems to work (run from the streambaby/stylesheets directory):
Code:
xsltproc tivo-pyxml.xsl /tmp/hb2.xml  | xsltproc pytivo-html.xsl - > /tmp/hb2.html
To create hb2.html from hb2.xml, where /tmp/hb2.xml is TiVo format XML metadata. It does print some warnings but the resulting HTML seems OK. (I didn't look into the warning it was giving, but it's probably some XSLT feature that is not supported by xlstproc)

The first transform (tivo-pyxml.xsl) transform the TiVo format XML into a pseudo pyTivo format XML (if you look at the output you will see what I mean). The second transform (pytivo-html.xsl) takes the pseudo-pyTiVo XML and transforms it to HTML.

You can copy the xsl files to something else (so you don't break streambaby ;-) and then edit it to be more in line with what you are looking for.

As far as the actual XSLT I probably can't help too much-- It's a miracle I got what I did working for streambaby (with a lot of help from the thread...)

If you do use this method and slowness does not end up being a problem (so you don't need the static HTML files) you can just replace pytivo-html.xsl with your new versions to get a customized info screen.

Sorry if I am answering a part of the process you already knew the answer to-- I think the key to the process above is the first transform simplifies the TiVo format XML into something a little easier to deal with (the pseudo pyTivo format XML)

Old 08-28-2009, 02:04 PM   #1508
Ronio
OTA HD User

Do I have to have a file on my harddrive or can I redirect a current stream off the Internet?
Ronio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 04:33 PM   #1509
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronio View Post
Do I have to have a file on my harddrive or can I redirect a current stream off the Internet?
Can't do it with streambaby, but HME/VLC supports internet streaming of certain URLs.

moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 04:33 PM   #1510
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronio View Post
Streambaby only does local files. If you want to stream Internet video, have a look at HME/VLC.

wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 12:55 AM   #1511
Frankoz2

Hi,

I wrote about a week ago with this problem, but have had no response.

Unfortunately, the issue persists; I experience spasmodic dropouts from Streambaby. See sample log below.

The program being watched just dropsout back to live TV. Streambaby remains connected, but it is necessary to go back via the folders to the movie and resume.

Any help in understanding the problem would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
FrankOz

Initializing StreamBaby svn-r239...
08/29/09 13:37:30 Listener: added factory
08/29/09 13:37:30 Main: streambaby ready & listening.
08/29/09 13:37:34 Listener: 192.168.1.8 icon.png HTTP GET - to factory /streamba
by/
08/29/09 13:37:42 Listener: 192.168.1.8 icon.png HTTP GET - to factory /streamba
by/
log after close : initContext version=47
08/29/09 13:37:52 Factory: HME receiver connected
08/29/09 13:38:38 Listener: 192.168.1.8 a7e1e2a7-33eb-4ae7-98fb-67cd8277c6e0.str
eam HTTP GET - to factory /streambaby/
08/29/09 13:53:56 Listener: connection to receiver closed
08/29/09 13:53:56 Factory: HME receiver disconnected
08/29/09 13:53:58 Listener: 192.168.1.8 I/O Exception handling HTTP GET a7e1e2a
7-33eb-4ae7-98fb-67cd8277c6e0.stream: Connection reset by peer: socket write err
or
08/29/09 13:54:17 Listener: 192.168.1.8 icon.png HTTP GET - to factory /streamba
by/
08/29/09 13:54:21 Factory: HME receiver connected
08/29/09 13:54:47 Listener: 192.168.1.8 6cb75681-fbc2-4118-a53c-52618638f02b.str
08/29/09 14:10:02 Listener: connection to receiver closed
08/29/09 14:10:02 Factory: HME receiver disconnected
08/29/09 14:10:04 Listener: 192.168.1.8 I/O Exception handling HTTP GET 6cb7568
1-fbc2-4118-a53c-52618638f02b.stream: Connection reset by peer: socket write err
or
08/29/09 14:10:17 Listener: 192.168.1.8 icon.png HTTP GET - to factory /streamba
by/
08/29/09 14:10:21 Factory: HME receiver connected
08/29/09 14:10:44 Listener: 192.168.1.8 34778c0a-1be1-4f05-afe0-deb04d2d1b43.str
Frankoz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 03:12 PM   #1512
kearygriffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankoz2 View Post
...The program being watched just dropsout back to live TV. Streambaby remains connected, but it is necessary to go back via the folders to the movie and resume....
If I had to guess I would say it has something to do with the TiVo timing out because of inactivity-- Streambaby has code to handle this (so it doesn't time out), but for whatever reason it doesn't seem to be doing the trick for you.

I don't want to jump to conclusions, but because I haven't heard of this issue before, it's conceivable it's some kind of issue specific to Australian TiVo's.

You can try a couple of things:
1) Try pressing "play" (or info, or anything else) every 5 minutes or so and see if that keeps the TiVo from timing out.
2) Try turning on extra debug information in Streambaby and see if there are any clues just before the TiVo "drops".
http://code.google.com/p/streambaby/...gging_problems

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Old 08-31-2009, 08:29 PM   #1513
skydive05

Stream not showing on TIVO

I am trying to get Streambaby working with VUZE converted files on a WinXP PC, but the streambaby will not show up in either TIVOs.

They are both TIVO HDs. Then I stumbled onto this POST and thought I would try getting Streambaby working. Which I did after playing around with PATH statements until I got it to use Java 1.6 instead of 1.5 as it was erroring out.

So now Streambaby is running, but was not sure if I needed anything else with that running, or if the IP to configure was the IP of my PC?

Anyways Streambaby is not showing up in the TIVO either. I would love to be able to stream through the TIVO just like my XBOX or atleast download through VUZE. I tried restarting the TIVOs to see if they needed a reboot, but NO GO.

Does Streambaby or VUZE need Tivotogo installed on the same PC or any other requirement in order to show up on the TIVO?
skydive05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 08:35 PM   #1514
Kershek

skydive05, I'm using Streambaby without TiVo desktop installed.
Kershek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 08:55 PM   #1515
windracer
joined the 10k club

Quote:
Originally Posted by skydive05 View Post
Anyways Streambaby is not showing up in the TIVO either.
Just to be sure, are you looking in the right place?

Streambaby shows up under "Music, Photos, & Showcases" not at the bottom of your Now Playing List.

|
windracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 12:43 AM   #1516
westside_guy
Annoyingly ephemeral

Hey, this is going off on a tangent but - With OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 Apple has finally moved to Java 1.6.

(At least a little relevant to streambaby...)
westside_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 04:05 PM   #1517
Kershek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershek View Post
I just installed Streambaby .25 on my Windows XP box. It runs from the command line with no errors, but I cannot see it at all from my TiVo in the Music, Photos, and Showcases menu. These are the only two lines in my ini file:

dir.1=d:\Movies
dir.1.name=Movies

I also have TiVo Desktop running, but no ports are overlapping. I tried turning off TiVo Desktopand restarting streambaby, but that didn't help. I can browse to my tivo's IP and I see the Congratulations! message. I can see TiVo Desktop just fine from my TiVo, so I know that PC-to-TiVo communication is OK. I do a netstat -a -n and I see port 7290 listening.

Any ideas?
I know this is an old post, but for those who were trying to help me, I resolved my issue. I replaced my new TrendNET TEW-852BRP wireless router with a Linksys wireless router I found at a thrift store and Streambaby came right up. That TrendNET router was a POS and I highly recommend staying well away from it. DD-WRT doesn't support it, either. However, DD-WRT runs nicely on the Linksys.
Old 09-01-2009, 04:15 PM   #1518
Kershek

What's the best way to ensure that Streambaby doesn't vertically stretch fill movies that have a wider aspect ratio than the TV's 16:10?

Also, do people have issues streaming via wireless G higher than the medium high 3,400mbps setting? It seems my TiVo can't keep up with anything higher than that.
Old 09-04-2009, 12:20 PM   #1519
jannlinder

Streambaby and Snow Leopard

'lo all!

Of course with the Snow Leopard update comes a 64-bit JVM. Is streambaby optimized to use this?

I boot my mac into 64-bit mode and would love it if streambaby were to perform better with the 64-bit optimizations.

I know it loads ffmpeg.bin so i don't know if that is optimized for 64-bit or not.. I have compiled ffmpeg and all its required libraries as 64-bit and it seems to give a large performance gain when transcoding (7-9 fps in 32-bit vs 21+ in 64-bit with the exact same settings). Most of this coming, (I have seen) from the correct compilation of libx264 for 64-bit. This enables the following on the processor (on the MBP unibody)

Code:
using cpu capabilities: MMX2 SSE2Fast SSSE3 FastShuffle SSE4.1 Cache64
which does not appear (not all anyway) when compiled for 32-bit.

Anyway, just wondering if some tweaking could help the performance -- especially on lower-end 64-bit (Core2Duo) macs such as the Mini...
jannlinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 01:21 PM   #1520
moyekj

From my experience with engineering software in general 64 bit binaries run slower or same speed as their 32 bit counterparts, so unless we need access to >4GB RAM we try and use the 32 bit versions as much as possible. Of course a lot of it depends on the software itself and what libraries it uses etc.

Old 09-04-2009, 01:29 PM   #1521
kearygriffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jannlinder View Post
Of course with the Snow Leopard update comes a 64-bit JVM. Is streambaby optimized to use this?
As far as streambaby is concerned as long as the ffmpeg libraries (not the standalone executable) match the JVM version (so 32-bit ffmpeg libraries for 32-bit java and 64-bit libraries for 64-bit java) everything should work fine.

The ffmpeg executable should work as 32-bit or 64-bit since it is run as an external process anyway, so it shouldn't matter what JVM streambaby is running on.

(The above is an assumption based on my experience with Windows and Linux 64-bit. I assume it holds for the Mac also)

Keary

Old 09-04-2009, 01:56 PM   #1522
jannlinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
From my experience with engineering software in general 64 bit binaries run slower or same speed as their 32 bit counterparts,
This is so natural to think -- but this is not true with Mac OS X 64-bit. Per the *fantastic* Ars Technica review at: http://arstechnica.com/apple/reviews...s-x-10-6.ars/5

Quote:
The x86 instruction set architecture has had a bit of a tortured history. When designing the x86-64 64-bit extension of the x86 architecture, AMD took the opportunity to leave behind some of the ugliness of the past and include more modern features: more registers, new addressing modes, non-stack-based floating point capabilities, etc. K64 reaps these benefits. Apple makes the following claims about its performance:

250% faster system call entry point
70% faster user/kernel memory copy
Also, when compiling the 64-bit apps on OS X, Apple's GCC 4.2 uses LLVM (and Clang where possible) which is far more optimized than normal GCC optimization methods. In addition, this posting: http://lists.apple.com/archives/java.../msg00174.html seems to indicate massive speed improvements using Apple's 64-bit JVM:

Quote:
I ran default brass setting on a 115 MB AIFF with Java 1.4.2_21
on my backup System on my Mac Pro.
I did the same with the Java 1.6 configured app you sent
booted on my main System. (about shows 1.6.0_13)
The 32 bit version took 49 seconds (stop watch).
The 64 bit took 19 seconds.

My applications are computationally intensive, everything internal is in double precision. They run at least 2x faster using 64 bit JVM. And for at least a small test sample, they seem to launch properly in either mode.
Also, when you test, ensure you boot into 64-bit mode of Snow Leopard...then test. Otherwise, if you boot into 32-bit mode and run any 64-bit Java program, it has the overhead of loading the dylibs for 64-bit Cocoa, 64-bit Posix, and 64-bit every other dylib the JVM links to. If you are already in 64-bit mode, you do not have to swap out the 32-bit version for the 64-bit version. This is a big hit on initial startup, but remember, Streambaby runs once and stays in memory. Programs like this (and others that run in true-64-bit mode) will see a greater speedup over time...meaning it only loads the libraries once and runs several days -- therefore that load of the libraries is only seen once *when it has to happen*...and only if the the dylibs, etc have not been called already since restart (or swapout).

Back to Apple's implementation of 64-bit. The article at Ars (above) also goes in depth about Apple embracing LLVM and Clang. This is much improved over other 64-bit compilers...notably GCC. So, the same 64-bit program compiled for OS X x64 on GCC is much slower than that same program compiled for OS X x64 using LLVM (Clang) -- or even GCC-4.2 with LLVM (see: http://arstechnica.com/apple/reviews...s-x-10-6.ars/9 ).

So, look at the new Apple offerings before continuing with assumptions learned (and sometimes true) in the past. G5 64-bit *was* slower than 32-bit .. but Core2Duo running with the Apple optimizations is not.
Old 09-04-2009, 02:28 PM   #1523
moyekj

All valid points, however remember a lot of these 3rd party apps (like ffmpeg) are compiled using GCC libraries which do not necessarily have the high levels of optimization cited. My main point is just because it's 64 bit does not necessarily mean it will run faster as many people assume.

Old 09-04-2009, 02:46 PM   #1524
jannlinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
All valid points, however remember a lot of these 3rd party apps (like ffmpeg) are compiled using GCC libraries which do not necessarily have the high levels of optimization cited. My main point is just because it's 64 bit does not necessarily mean it will run faster as many people assume.
I understand, however, I was assuming that the libraries streambaby would use would have 64-bit compiled versions.

If not, I would happily compile them optimized for Core2Duo 64-bit Macs and Snow Leopard -- and release them. We are allowed to do that with FFMPEG, libx264, faac, lame & OpenJPEG ... (not so sure about faad, etc) right?

You are right, 64-bit does not make immediate improvements in and of itself all the time, but compiled for OS X, any program compiled using Apple's compiler optimizations and extensions (such as C blocks - which are released to hopefully become part of the GCC standard compiler) *will* beat the same program compiled for 32-bit *just because* of Apple's 64-bit optimizations -- and other optimizations such as Grand Central Dispatch -- which obviates the need to use heavyweight threads all the time. Not all the time by a great percentage, but when running in 64-bit mode on OS X it *will* beat it.

Again, I concede that 64-bit does not make better -- alone, however it is extremely easy to add GCD, for instance, to programs in order to speed execution on OS X. This would, it would seem, immediately benefit any program that uses threads, such as libx264 and ffmpeg. I already said the speed improvements in fps (3x's) that I got from a simple recompile with no code changes -- using the standard Apple GCC (4.2) on 64-bit. Imagine adding just a few changes to enable things like GCD (Grand Central Dispatch) and later OpenCL (which QuicktimeX now uses btw).
Old 09-04-2009, 05:52 PM   #1525
westside_guy
Annoyingly ephemeral

If you normally use fink to get ffmpeg and its ilk, under Snow Leopard there is a 64-bit option that can be set. You have to remove your existing fink and reinstall it for 64-bit. Note that, at the moment, many packages haven't (yet) been ported to compile and function - but, as they say on the site, it is the direction they're heading as we go along.

My pyTivo/streambaby machine hasn't been upgraded to Snow Leopard yet, so I don't know if all the necessary streambaby packages are part of 64-bit fink. Running "fink list ffmpeg" shows that ffmpeg is available, though. I guess it depends on whether everything is in the stable tree or not - supposedly almost all of those will compile under 64-bit fink (I usually run unstable, though).
westside_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 04:44 AM   #1526
valley_nomad

Tivo can not see streambaby

My PC runs Windows 2000. Does Streambaby work with W2k? streambaby.bat runs without any error. But my Tivo HD just can not see it under "music, photos and showcase". I would appreciate it if some one could look at the following log file and give me some idea on what is wrong:

09/07/09 24:29:05 StreamBabyConfig: WorkingDir: "C:\Documents and Settings\valley\My Documents\tivo\streambaby-svn-r239"
09/07/09 24:29:05 StreamBabyConfig: StreamBabyDir: C:\Documents and Settings\valley\My Documents\tivo\streambaby-svn-r239
09/07/09 24:29:05 StreamBabyConfig: CurDir: C:\Documents and Settings\valley\My Documents\tivo\streambaby-svn-r239\native
09/07/09 24:29:05 FFmpegJavaConfig$1: Loading avutil, default: avutil-49
09/07/09 24:29:05 FFmpegJavaConfig$1: Loaded: C:\Documents and Settings\valley\My Documents\tivo\streambaby-svn-r239\native\avutil-49.dll
09/07/09 24:29:05 FFmpegJavaConfig$1: Loading avcodec, default: avcodec-52
09/07/09 24:29:05 FFmpegJavaConfig$1: Loaded: C:\Documents and Settings\valley\My Documents\tivo\streambaby-svn-r239\native\avcodec-52.dll
09/07/09 24:29:05 FFmpegJavaConfig$1: Loaded avCodec version: 52 (3409408)
09/07/09 24:29:05 FFmpegJavaConfig$1: Loading avformat, default: avformat-52
09/07/09 24:29:05 FFmpegJavaConfig$1: Loaded: C:\Documents and Settings\valley\My Documents\tivo\streambaby-svn-r239\native\avformat-52.dll
09/07/09 24:29:05 FFmpegJavaConfig$1: Loaded avFormat version: 52 (3413761)
09/07/09 24:29:05 FFmpegJavaConfig$1: Loading swscale, default: swscale-0
09/07/09 24:29:05 FFmpegJavaConfig$1: Loaded: C:\Documents and Settings\valley\My Documents\tivo\streambaby-svn-r239\native\swscale-0.dll
09/07/09 24:29:05 FFmpegJavaConfig$1: Marking libswscale as available.
09/07/09 24:29:06 FFmpegJavaVideoModule: FFmpeg-java Module: loaded
09/07/09 24:29:06 FFmpegExeVideoModule: FFmpegPath: C:\Documents and Settings\valley\My Documents\tivo\streambaby-svn-r239\native\ffmpeg.exe
09/07/09 24:29:06 FFmpegExeVideoModule: FFmpegExeModule: Loaded
09/07/09 24:29:06 StreamBabyMain: STARTING StreamBaby svn-r239...
09/07/09 24:29:06 Main: args= start=true
09/07/09 24:29:06 Main: args= loader=sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader@19821f
09/07/09 24:29:06 Listener: config=com.tivo.hme.host.util.Config@540408 logger=com.unwiredappeal.tivo.utils.Log$ILoggerImpl@1d4c61c
09/07/09 24:29:06 Listener: factoryList=[StreamBabyStreamFactory[/streambaby/,Stream, Baby, Stream]]
09/07/09 24:29:06 Listener: factory=StreamBabyStreamFactory[/streambaby/,Stream, Baby, Stream]
09/07/09 24:29:06 Listener: name=/streambaby/
09/07/09 24:29:06 Listener:
09/07/09 24:29:06 Listener: added factory
09/07/09 24:29:06 Main: factory=StreamBabyStreamFactory[/streambaby/,Stream, Baby, Stream]
09/07/09 24:29:06 Main: MDNS: http://192.168.0.35:7290/streambaby/
09/07/09 24:29:06 Main: streambaby ready & listening.
09/07/09 24:29:06 Main: mdns_type=_tivo-hme._tcp.local. factory=StreamBabyStreamFactory[/streambaby/,Stream, Baby, Stream] port=7290
09/07/09 24:59:06 InfoCache$PruneTask: Pruning cache...
09/07/09 24:59:06 InfoCache$PruneTask: Pruning complete.
valley_nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 07:23 PM   #1527
Judremy

Is there ever a need to update the ffmpeg-dist.tar.bz2 file? Mine is from 2/11/2009. Thanks!
Judremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 08:00 PM   #1528
kearygriffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judremy View Post
Is there ever a need to update the ffmpeg-dist.tar.bz2 file? Mine is from 2/11/2009. Thanks!
I haven't changed the version of ffmpeg that streambaby downloads for windows since the original release-- I know that it pretty much works and people have been having success with it, so until there is a compelling reason to change, I probably won't.

Anyone can always change the version of ffmpeg to use by unzipping the newer ffmpeg into the native directory.

Old 09-09-2009, 04:22 AM   #1529
valley_nomad

Using streambaby without mDNS?

Is possible to use streambaby without mDNS? I use three Zyxel NBG-318S with HomePlug for my home network so that I can have a reliable bandwidth at about 100 mbs between multiple rooms. But unfortunately it seems that those boxes can not really handle mDNS. My Tivo HD just can not see streambaby. I tried to manually add the IP of PC to the HME app list. But Tivo still can not see the server. Is there a way to manually add streambaby service to Tivo, just like what we can do with those HME apps on the Internet?

Last edited by valley_nomad : 09-09-2009 at 06:29 AM.
valley_nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 09:38 AM   #1530
kearygriffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by valley_nomad View Post
Is there a way to manually add streambaby service to Tivo, just like what we can do with those HME apps on the Internet?
If you are trying to make "Manually add a server..." work you will need to setup a web server running on port 80 on one of the computers on your network and add a file called "TiVoConnect" to the root of the web server.
Code:
<TiVoContainer>
<Details>
	<ContentType>x-container/tivo-server</ContentType>
	<SourceFormat>x-container/folder</SourceFormat>
	<TotalItems>1</TotalItems>
	<Title>Kearys TiVo Server</Title>
</Details>
<ItemStart>0</ItemStart>

<ItemCount>1</ItemCount>
<Item>
	<Details>
		<ContentType>application/x-hme</ContentType>
		<SourceFormat>x-container/folder</SourceFormat>
		<Title>StreamBaby</Title>
	</Details>
	<Links>
		<Content>
			<Url>http://192.168.1.37:7290/streambaby/</Url>
		</Content>
	</Links>
</Item>
</TiVoContainer>
Change the <Url></Url> line to point to the IP/port of the PC running streambaby. (Could be the same PC or a different PC).

Then when you "Manually add a server" add the server running the web server.

The other way to get streambaby working when you are having difficulties with mDNS is use avahi (or something equivalent) on a PC where mDNS can reach the TiVo to advertise streambaby. I was running this way for a while when my wireless network was setup in such a way that mDNS messages from my dev machine weren't able to reach the TiVo. I had the avahi server running on one of the OpenWRT routers:

streambaby.service file from /etc/avahi/services:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" standalone='no'?><!--*-nxml-*-->
<!DOCTYPE service-group SYSTEM "avahi-service.dtd">
<!-- See avahi.service(5) for more information about this configuration file -->
 <service-group>
  <name>Streambaby</name>
  <service>
    <type>_tivo-hme._tcp</type>
    <port>7290</port>
    <host-name>ubuntu-laptop.local</host-name>
    <txt-record>protocol=http</txt-record>
    <txt-record>path=/streambaby/</txt-record>
  </service>
</service-group>
and in the /etc/avahi/hosts file add the line:
Code:
192.168.1.37	ubuntu-laptop.local
(Where 192.168.1.37 is the PC streambaby is running on)

Good luck.