TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-24-2009, 12:37 PM   #1
dolfer
Myles Standish Proud

Time Warner Cable Massive Lineup Changes August 25th!

Not sure if it's nationwide, but Time Warner Cincinnati is doing a massive channel re-org tomorrow and I am concerned that it will cause some problems. Especially since we have an extra layer of complexity with the TA's.

Please post any problems/resolutions here.

Hopefully this thread will be empty!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sony SXRD 60A2020 | Onkyo TX-SR705 | Tivo HD | LG BD570 | Toshiba HD-A3 | Wii | Xbox 360
dolfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 04:01 PM   #2
JeffRapp

Care to share any details regarding this lineup change? I know we've been receiving about 10 new HD channels since early last week that aren't on the official TWC.com channel list for our area.
JeffRapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 05:57 PM   #3
dlfl
Cranky old novice

I'm only aware of this happening in southwest Ohio. Here is the link they provided to get more information:

http://www.twcinfo.com/

I've received two mailings and one automated phone call on the shuffle. One mailing included a glossy brochure of the new line up, but this is customized to each sub-region within southwest Ohio.

One thing I noticed is that some channels now have two different channel numbers. (I confirmed this by calling them.) I assume this is possible with SDV but I wonder if it has actually been done anywhere before now?

"It must be swell to be so perfect and odor-free" -- Del Griffith

VideoReDo users: Try

pyTivo users: Try
and
dlfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 07:11 PM   #4
kika2000

This occurred in the NYC area on the 19th.

http://www.timewarnercable.com/nynj/...19changes.html

I had no issues with the channels which moved, but even though I see them in the guide, I am not receiving any of the new HD channels yet.
It's very frustrating to see guide info for TCMHD and BBCAHD, but get no picture.
I'm hoping transmission kicks in soon.
kika2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 07:39 PM   #5
ikey78

Quote:
Originally Posted by kika2000 View Post

I had no issues with the channels which moved, but even though I see them in the guide, I am not receiving any of the new HD channels yet.
It's very frustrating to see guide info for TCMHD and BBCAHD, but get no picture.
Thanks for the update re the changes in New York.

How soon after the switch was it reflected in the channel guide?

Did you have to change the channels you receive to make the new ones show up in the guide?

Did you have to redo your season passes?

I am out of town right now but when I look at the listings on Tivo.com I see no indication of a change in lineup for Southern Ohio after the 25th when the change is supposed to occur.
ikey78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 07:49 PM   #6
dolfer
Myles Standish Proud

Quote:

did you have to reboot your TA or your Tivo or both???

Sony SXRD 60A2020 | Onkyo TX-SR705 | Tivo HD | LG BD570 | Toshiba HD-A3 | Wii | Xbox 360
Old 08-24-2009, 08:02 PM   #7
dlfl
Cranky old novice

Quote:

Any idea how long it took them to change everything? A CSR here told me it would be done between 2am and 6am, but she wasn't very sure about the accuracy of that info.

At least TCMHD is in your lineup. We're stuck with the SD version.

and
Old 08-25-2009, 06:03 AM   #8
dolfer
Myles Standish Proud

its 7am on tuesday...

the channels have changed but Tivo hasn't picked up any of the changes.

The guide data is the same ole channels...i was hoping for a tivo detected a lineup change this morning!!!!!!!!!!

uggh...

Old 08-25-2009, 06:55 AM   #9
socrplyr

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolfer View Post
its 7am on tuesday...

The guide data is the same ole channels...i was hoping for a tivo detected a lineup change this morning!!!!!!!!!!

uggh...
Tivo doesn't detect line up changes. Your cable provider submits them to Tribune Media Services and Tribune updates the line up, which Tivo uses. Tivo can only deal with the information given. I don't know how this one will go for you but also be prepared to possibly rerun the guided setup. If you want to see if TW has updated the info with Tribune, go to zap2it.com and check out the lineup there. After that it will take a little time for it to filter down to Tivo and then when your machine next updates after that you will get the info.

For future posting etiquette, place the location in the title. TW is NOT doing a lineup change. TW Cinci is.
socrplyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 06:55 AM   #10
kika2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikey78 View Post

How soon after the switch was it reflected in the channel guide?

Did you have to change the channels you receive to make the new ones show up in the guide?

Did you have to redo your season passes?
The moved channels migrated within 24 hours. I didn't have to change any of the channels manually or redo my season passes, but I have some other issues with service here that force me to reboot my Tivo pretty often so I'm not sure what effect that had on the process.

I'm STILL not getting the new HD channels though - almost a whole week later.
kika2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 08:55 AM   #11
Effinay

Quote:
its 7am on tuesday...

uggh...
Same thing here. I went through the channel list walkthrough again on the tivo and forced it to find the new lineup. It then connected and downloaded the new lineup and is currently loading the new info and organizing the new guide.

Timewarner South Dayton
Effinay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 08:57 AM   #12
dolfer
Myles Standish Proud

great... Zap2it still has the old lineup... as of 10:00am. ;(

Old 08-25-2009, 09:21 AM   #13
dlfl
Cranky old novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by socrplyr View Post
........For future posting etiquette, place the location in the title. TW is NOT doing a lineup change. TW Cinci is.
Correction: TW SouthWest Ohio is doing the change, which includes Dayton and many other locations.

and
Old 08-25-2009, 09:24 AM   #14
dolfer
Myles Standish Proud

Why doesn't Tivo have email/web-based customer support by now?!?!?! I don't want to call them!! I hate it when *technology* companies don't use technology!

Old 08-25-2009, 09:30 AM   #15
dlfl
Cranky old novice

Weird behavior

Yeah, I seem to be getting all the shuffled channels on the numbers specified in the lineup they mailed me, after rebooting my TA.

I forced a TiVo connect at 8:45am but guide data is not correct.

The weird behavior is that I can check a channel as one I receive then later when I channel-up or channel-down it will skip over that channel and if I go back to channels, TiVo has unchecked that channel! Example: CNNHD, Channel 1350. I wonder if that's just a side effect of not having valid guide data?

Will redoing guided setup make any difference?

We should submit Guide Data problem reports to TiVo, just to ensure they get the message.

and
Old 08-25-2009, 09:34 AM   #16
bobrt6676

Quote:
its 7am on tuesday...

uggh...
Same here in North Dayton.

At least I can manually tune all stations. No SDV issues.
I suppose after todays update the Guide will be correct after the 2 AM software update.
Is there anyway to force the 2AM install? I could just wait until tomorrow. But if there's a way.
bobrt6676 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 09:36 AM   #17
bobrt6676

Quote:
great... Zap2it still has the old lineup... as of 10:00am. ;(
They had the correct line-up when I changed location and selected TW Dayton-North (rebuild)
Maybe the Cincy line-up has the same option.
Old 08-25-2009, 09:40 AM   #18
dlfl
Cranky old novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobrt6676 View Post
Same here in North Dayton.

At least I can manually tune all stations. No SDV issues.
I suppose after todays update the Guide will be correct after the 2 AM software update.
Is there anyway to force the 2AM install? I could just wait until tomorrow. But if there's a way.
You can force a connection as I did at 8:45am this am, but it didn't get the corrected guide data (see my post #15 above).

I'm hoping Effinay will post whether he/she got corrected guide data after redoing guided setup (at least I think that's what he/she did).

and
Old 08-25-2009, 09:41 AM   #19
dolfer
Myles Standish Proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobrt6676 View Post
They had the correct line-up when I changed location and selected TW Dayton-North (rebuild)
Maybe the Cincy line-up has the same option.
I have "Time Warner Cable ICRC Mason - Digital" and it is still incorrect as of 10:41am. Just checked it.

Old 08-25-2009, 09:42 AM   #20
bkdtv

Today, your TiVo should receive whatever is on zap2it.com as of 1pm.

If zap2it.com doesn't have your updated lineup by 1pm, then I believe you'll have to wait another day to see any change on your TiVo.
bkdtv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 09:43 AM   #21
dolfer
Myles Standish Proud

Ha! Found it... http://www.tivo.com/setupandsupport/...neup_tool.html

Old 08-25-2009, 09:46 AM   #22
bkdtv

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmorton0573 View Post
Wow Billy your better off than me, I would love to have SyFy HD what part of NC are you in?
Be sure to include your cable company's local number with any lineup change report.

Giving the national number for TWC doesn't really help TiVo/Tribune.
bkdtv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 09:56 AM   #23
dolfer
Myles Standish Proud

Not sure if this helps... But I sent an email to TWC also.

https://www.timewarnercable.com/Cinc...contactus.ashx

Old 08-25-2009, 09:57 AM   #24
dolfer
Myles Standish Proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkdtv View Post
Today, your TiVo should receive whatever is on zap2it.com as of 1pm.

If zap2it.com doesn't have your updated lineup by 1pm, then I believe you'll have to wait another day to see any change on your TiVo.
Awesome! Thanks for the specific info. I appreciate it... --Dolf

Old 08-25-2009, 10:01 AM   #25
bobrt6676

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlfl View Post
You can force a connection as I did at 8:45am this am, but it didn't get the corrected guide data (see my post #15 above).

I'm hoping Effinay will post whether he/she got corrected guide data after redoing guided setup (at least I think that's what he/she did).
I did the same. But updated software won't install until approx 2AM. This is the part I want to know if we can force to install.
Old 08-25-2009, 10:09 AM   #26
ikey78

Just checked Zap2it.com and it has the new lineup. See below.
I chose the South Dayton Digital rebuild and it has all the moved channels as listed on the guide I received in the mail.
Presumably the Tivo box will pick this up later today but not clear if you need to repeat basic setup.

Choose Your Provider
Cable
AT&T U-verse TV - Fiber Optic TV - Digital (Dayton)
Time Warner Cable - Cable (Bellbrook)
Time Warner Cable - Rebuild (Bellbrook)
Time Warner Cable - Digital Rebuild (Bellbrook)
Time Warner Cable - Digital (Bellbrook)
Time Warner Cable Dayton City - Cable (Dayton)
Time Warner Cable Dayton City - Rebuild (Dayton)
Time Warner Cable Dayton City - Digital Rebuild (Dayton)
Time Warner Cable Dayton City - Digital (Dayton)
Time Warner Cable South Dayton - Cable (Kettering)
Time Warner Cable South Dayton - Rebuild (Kettering)
Time Warner Cable South Dayton - Digital Rebuild (Kettering)
Time Warner Cable South Dayton - Digital (Kettering)
ikey78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 12:07 PM   #27
dlfl
Cranky old novice

zap2it has my stuff too, Time Warner North Dayton Digital Rebuld.

Threw me off at first because the site came right up with my old lineup, which it also still has. It displayed my zip code and North Dayton, so I thought: well that's right so they don't have the new data yet. You have to click "Change my location" then select the digital rebuild version.

So we absolutely have to wait until 2 am tomorrow morning for this, is that correct?

and
Old 08-25-2009, 12:14 PM   #28
rainwater

Quote:
I chose the South Dayton Digital rebuild and it has all the moved channels as listed on the guide I received in the mail.
Presumably the Tivo box will pick this up later today but not clear if you need to repeat basic setup.
Most of the time that rebuild lineup is temporary and will be merged into the actual lineup. I would avoid running guided setup and using that lineup as it will probably be deleted once they merge the lineups.
rainwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 12:25 PM   #29
bobrt6676

[quote]
Quote:

I doubt latter today. From past experience with line-up changes, it usually takes 24 to 48 hours for the guide to reflect channel changes. I'm hoping for tomorrow AM all will be good. No need to repeat basic setup.
Old 08-25-2009, 12:27 PM   #30
dlfl
Cranky old novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainwater View Post
Most of the time that rebuild lineup is temporary and will be merged into the actual lineup. I would avoid running guided setup and using that lineup as it will probably be deleted once they merge the lineups.
Does guided setup do anything that a connect plus manual channel selection combined don't do?

and