TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-25-2009, 06:58 AM   #1
Billy56

Charter in NC - Entire Lineup Changed Last Night! :(

Last night the entire lineup changed (every single channel except 9 locals) and Tivo still has not received any new info - after its own phone home and I have forced it to phone home 3 times already and nothing... I cant stand this as I am going to be missing alot of shows because they can no longer record.

Has anyone experienced this and know when I may be able to see the Tivo start to receive the new data.

I feel naked without my Tivo right now

Thanks!
Billy56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 08:01 AM   #2
socrplyr

Your cable provider submits them to Tribune Media Services and Tribune updates the line up, which Tivo uses. Tivo can only deal with the information given. I don't know how this one will go for you but also be prepared to possibly rerun the guided setup. If you want to see if Charter has updated the info with Tribune, go to zap2it.com and check out the lineup there. After that it will take a little time for it to filter down to Tivo and then when your machine next updates after that you will get the info.
socrplyr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 08:56 AM   #3
rmorton0573
Barney Fife, my Hero

As soon as I noticed the change I "phoned home" and it picked up the changes right away. several channels moved around, and only one HD channel added (USA HD), but apprantly they are moving them around to put them in better catagorys and add more HD.
rmorton0573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 09:31 AM   #4
Billy56

Thanks guys,

Just phoned home for the 5th or so time and I got all the info...

I got 11 new channels and like 6 new HD channels... thank gosh we finally got SyFy HD!
Billy56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 09:36 AM   #5
rmorton0573
Barney Fife, my Hero

Wow Billy your better off than me, I would love to have SyFy HD what part of NC are you in?
Old 08-25-2009, 10:51 AM   #6
rainwater

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmorton0573 View Post
Wow Billy your better off than me, I would love to have SyFy HD what part of NC are you in?
Western NC and Upstate SC got a big change today. Tribune picked up most of the channel changes. There were over 200 channel moves and some new HD channels added (Speed, Vs, USA, Syfi, Fox News). In my area there are still quite a few channels missing/incorrect but thankfully none that I get/watch.
rainwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 10:52 AM   #7
rainwater

Quote:
Originally Posted by socrplyr View Post
Your cable provider submits them to Tribune Media Services and Tribune updates the line up, which Tivo uses. Tivo can only deal with the information given. I don't know how this one will go for you but also be prepared to possibly rerun the guided setup.
You do not need to rerun guided setup. A new lineup is not being created.
Old 08-25-2009, 11:15 AM   #8
rmorton0573
Barney Fife, my Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainwater View Post
Western NC and Upstate SC got a big change today. Tribune picked up most of the channel changes. There were over 200 channel moves and some new HD channels added (Speed, Vs, USA, Syfi, Fox News). In my area there are still quite a few channels missing/incorrect but thankfully none that I get/watch.
I'm excited about getting USA HD would like SyFy HD the other new HD channel we got was QVC Wow QVC who actually picks these lineups for charter
Old 08-25-2009, 11:36 AM   #9
rainwater

Quote:
I'm excited about getting USA HD would like SyFy HD the other new HD channel we got was QVC Wow QVC who actually picks these lineups for charter
We also got QVC but it was not the HD version only a digital version. So we have a analog QVC and digital QVC. I guess eventually we will get QVC HD. I guess it is some contractual thing but they put the digital non HD QVC right next to all the HD locals.
Old 08-25-2009, 04:13 PM   #10
mearlus

Quote:
Hrm, I wonder if Charter will be adding SyFy HD to other areas... In particular WI where I am
mearlus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 04:24 PM   #11
rainwater

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainwater View Post
There were over 200 channel moves and some new HD channels added (Speed, Vs, USA, Syfi, Fox News).
I forgot to mention Bravo HD, Smithsonian HD, Science HD and TMC HD were added as well.