TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-23-2009, 07:54 AM   #1111
ACraigL

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
I think it was mentioned before that network drives may not be visible in windows service mode which may explain why that could happen in Auto Transfers mode.
Could a future version support UNC pathing? This is how other servicess access network drives.
  • Linksys WRT600N Router
  • Harmony H550
ACraigL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 09:24 AM   #1112
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACraigL View Post
Could a future version support UNC pathing? This is how other servicess access network drives.
I'll have to look into it. I don't have network shares generally on my home network but I suppose I could set up a share to another PC on my home network for testing. I'm on vacation for next couple of weeks however so will be a while before I can look into it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 10:06 AM   #1113
AudioNutz

Is that different from Drive mapping? I've used drive mappings and shared volumes since day one with kmttg.
Old 07-23-2009, 10:16 AM   #1114
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudioNutz View Post
Is that different from Drive mapping? I've used drive mappings and shared volumes since day one with kmttg.
It's a Windows thing - i.e. \\host\share type syntax for network shares. Unix & Mac are trivial since they support NFS, automounts, symbolic links, etc. with normal directory paths.

Old 07-23-2009, 10:29 AM   #1115
ACraigL

Quote:
I'll have to look into it. I don't have network shares generally on my home network but I suppose I could set up a share to another PC on my home network for testing. I'm on vacation for next couple of weeks however so will be a while before I can look into it.
Thanks. In the meantime, I wrote a (very) simple batch script to copy the converted file from the default drive to the network share. Is there a way to have kmttg kick it off after the conversion and meta tasks are completed?

The 'custom' checkbox is grayed out for me, at least while using my current custom encoding profile.
  • Linksys WRT600N Router
  • Harmony H550
Old 07-23-2009, 10:38 AM   #1116
AudioNutz

Quote:
...The 'custom' checkbox is grayed out for me, at least while using my current custom encoding profile.
It will be grayed out, unless you place some text (path to your script) in the custom command field in the configuration.
Old 07-23-2009, 01:01 PM   #1117
ACraigL

Quote:
It will be grayed out, unless you place some text (path to your script) in the custom command field in the configuration.
Great... Thanks for that. I missed the obvious on that one. I've entered in the path to my .bat file, so hopefully this will do what I need.
Thanks!
  • Linksys WRT600N Router
  • Harmony H550
Old 07-23-2009, 03:20 PM   #1118
ACraigL

Quote:
Great... Thanks for that. I missed the obvious on that one. I've entered in the path to my .bat file, so hopefully this will do what I need.
Thanks!
That was the trick. Works great.
If anyone needs the same, I have a .bat file with the following:

Code:
del D:\Downloads\TiVo\kmttg\*.txt
move D:\Downloads\TiVo\kmttg\*.mp4 \\HTPC-FR\iPodVideo\
This obviously does 2 things: removes the .txt files that get created, and copies the exported .mp4 file to my network share, using the UNC path. This works when the drive letter mapping does not.

Perfect system now. I have another process that adds all new files to iTunes so with all this automation, I'll always have a fresh selection of shows automatically on my iPod. Love it.
  • Linksys WRT600N Router
  • Harmony H550
Old 07-24-2009, 07:30 AM   #1119
brianlay

Having trouble with tivodecode apparently truncating files. While transferring 1 hour HD files the .tivo file is successfully transferred, but the resulting .mpg is only about 52 minutes.

This could be a mistake on my part, since I'm a newbie. I can provide more details if needed.

Thanks
brianlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 07:36 AM   #1120
stujac

Do you have it set for comm skip? An hour program would come in somewhere between 40-50 minutes if the program is set to discover and edit out commercials.
Old 07-24-2009, 08:07 AM   #1121
brianlay

no comskip, just a complete transfer. also, a half hour program worked fine
Old 07-24-2009, 08:11 AM   #1122
ACraigL

Are you certain a full hour recorded?
  • Linksys WRT600N Router
  • Harmony H550
Old 07-24-2009, 08:16 AM   #1123
brianlay

when i view the transferred .tivo file (using VideoRedo) it is complete. corresponding .mpg file is short and size is considerably smaller.
Old 07-24-2009, 08:54 AM   #1124
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianlay View Post
when i view the transferred .tivo file (using VideoRedo) it is complete. corresponding .mpg file is short and size is considerably smaller.
First report I've seen of tivodecode not completing. Is the exit status normal from kmttg - i.e. no errors reported? If it is not completing I would expect an abnormal exit status of some sort. Also try playback with VideoLAN VLC to eliminate possibility of faulty mpeg2 codecs (though if you say the file length of mpeg is significantly smaller that TiVo then that doesn't seem to be the case).

Old 07-24-2009, 09:07 AM   #1125
brianlay

no errors reported.
can't insert log since it looks like links, not allowed by forum
Old 07-24-2009, 10:40 AM   #1126
AudioNutz

Maybe you should open an issue on the Google code site?
Old 07-24-2009, 12:19 PM   #1127
brianlay

I've found the problem. I was using a FAT32 drive as the destination for the .mpg files.
4GB file size limit caused them to truncate.
Unfortunately there is no indication in the error log.
Old 07-25-2009, 06:27 AM   #1128
diceman719

Is there a way to have auto transfers only d/load from a particular Tivo?
I record some shows on both a S2DT and a TivoHD, and would prefer to just grab the shows from the HD for processing...

Thanks!
diceman719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 08:05 AM   #1129
AudioNutz

Quote:
Originally Posted by diceman719 View Post
Is there a way to have auto transfers only d/load from a particular Tivo?
I record some shows on both a S2DT and a TivoHD, and would prefer to just grab the shows from the HD for processing...

Thanks!
Maybe someone else will have a better suggestion, but it seems like a very simple solution to me. Just configure kmttg to see one of the TiVos, and turn "Look for Tivos on network" off.
Old 07-25-2009, 08:21 AM   #1130
diceman719

Quote:
Maybe someone else will have a better suggestion, but it seems like a very simple solution to me. Just configure kmttg to see one of the TiVos, and turn "Look for Tivos on network" off.
Well, the only problem, is that there are other shows I need to get from the S2s (ones with the no-copy flag set in HD)...
I just thought it would be nice to be able to auto transfer a certain show only from a certain Tivo...
(Shrug)

Oh well, I guess I'll need to work on my season passes/auto transfers instead...

Thanks,
diceman719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 09:08 AM   #1131
AudioNutz

Quote:
Originally Posted by diceman719 View Post
Well, the only problem, is that there are other shows I need to get from the S2s (ones with the no-copy flag set in HD)...
I just thought it would be nice to be able to auto transfer a certain show only from a certain Tivo...
(Shrug)
I didn't get that from your first question. I once needed to do this too. (I've had the feature request in to Kevin for a while, to be able to direct a season pass auto transfer to a particular TiVo, but I don't need this anymore)

What I did to solve this particular problem (at the time) is simply install two instances of kmttg, each of them configured to see a single TiVo.
Old 07-26-2009, 12:32 AM   #1132
camnito

Temp MP4 files hanging around after encoding step

Hi,

Does anyone else have temp MP4 files hanging around (not being deleted) after the encoding step?

I use Ffmpeg for converting the MPG shows to MP4 and then pushing them back to the TiVo HD with pyTivo, and I've started to notice that a lot of the shows (not 100% but about 80 or 90%) have an additional MP4 file with the same name but with an extra "temp" and a random number in the name.

It's not a big deal to go through and delete them, but I never used to get them before and I'm wondering how this started.

Thanks,

Cam
camnito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 10:46 AM   #1133
windracer
joined the 10k club

Finally got around to giving kmttg a try ... very nice. I was going to run it on Linux where I run pyTivo, streambaby, etc. but don't want to have to install wine just to get comskip functionality. Plus, I own VideoRedo so I installed it on my Win7 PC to try out the end-to-end features.

It seems to work great, except that my resulting MP4 files (both times I've tested) have no audio. The .TiVo, .MPG, and cut.MPG all play fine with audio, just the MP4 is missing it. I've tried the h264_high and tivo_hd profiles using the ffmpeg that kmttg downloaded.

Also, the with the first file I tested with, the MP4 file ended up being double the size of the original MPEG-2!

|
windracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 10:48 AM   #1134
Yoav

Quote:
Originally Posted by windracer View Post
Finally got around to giving kmttg a try ... very nice. I was going to run it on Linux where I run pyTivo, streambaby, etc. but don't want to have to install wine just to get comskip functionality. Plus, I own VideoRedo so I installed it on my Win7 PC to try out the end-to-end features.

It seems to work great, except that my resulting MP4 files (both times I've tested) have no audio. The .TiVo, .MPG, and cut.MPG all play fine with audio, just the MP4 is missing it. I've tried the h264_high and tivo_hd profiles using the ffmpeg that kmttg downloaded.

Also, the with the first file I tested with, the MP4 file ended up being double the size of the original MPEG-2!
IS the audio in your mp4 file supposed to be AC-3? AAC? Is your ffmpeg compiled with support for that?

As for the resulting file size, that's entirely up to the bitrate you choose. mp4 is not supposed to be 'smaller' than mpeg-2. It's just a different encoder. If you select a higher bitrate, then you will end up with a bigger file.

Yoav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 10:55 AM   #1135
windracer
joined the 10k club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoav View Post
IS the audio in your mp4 file supposed to be AC-3? AAC? Is your ffmpeg compiled with support for that?
I'm using the ffmpeg that kmttg downloaded for me, which looks like it has the AAC decoder disabled:

Code:
FFmpeg version 0.5, Copyright (c) 2000-2009 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
  configuration: --enable-memalign-hack --enable-postproc --enable-swscale --enable-gpl --enable-libfaac --enable-libfaad --enable-libgsm --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libvorbis --enable-libtheora --enable-libxvid --enable-libx264 --disable-ffserver --disable-ffplay --enable-avisynth --enable-libdirac --enable-libschroedinger --enable-avfilter --enable-avfilter-lavf --enable-pthreads --enable-libspeex --enable-libopenjpeg --enable-small --disable-decoder=aac --extra-cflags=-mtune=generic -fno-common -I/usr/local/include --extra-ldflags=-L/usr/local/lib
  libavutil     49.15. 0 / 49.15. 0
  libavcodec    52.20. 0 / 52.20. 0
  libavformat   52.31. 0 / 52.31. 0
  libavdevice   52. 1. 0 / 52. 1. 0
  libavfilter    0. 4. 0 /  0. 4. 0
  libswscale     0. 7. 1 /  0. 7. 1
  libpostproc   51. 2. 0 / 51. 2. 0
  built on Mar 13 2009 23:50:16, gcc: 4.3.3
Maybe I'll try using the ffmpeg that comes with WinFF instead (or I'll just try it on Linux again using my custom-build ffmpeg and just skip the commercial skip part for testing purposes).

|
windracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 09:10 AM   #1136
bkdtv

Is there a reason you still need the "Create sub-folder for each download" option? That option can be quite confusing for those who want a separate folder for each series.

If users want to create a sub-folder for each download, they can just as easily do that using a [\] in the file naming scheme.
bkdtv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 09:26 AM   #1137
bkdtv

Is there supposed to be directory cleanup? If you (a) set each series set to save in its own subfolder folder, (b) enabled the option to remove .TiVo after file decrypt, and (c) set different drives/folders for the .Tivo output and .Mpg output, then TiVo output series subfolders not deleted along with the file. You're left with empty series folders.

On a related topic, here a way to have all file processing done an internal drive with final output stored on an external drive? I don't see any obvious way to do this.

Decryption, VideoRedo Quickstream Fix, and comskip / adcut are all disk intensive. Those are operations you'd want done on your internal hard drive, rather than an external drive. But when you choose a MPG output folder, that applies to both the decrypted MPG and the saved output from VideoRedo. I don't see any obvious way to setup VideoRedo so Quickstream Fix is always performed on the internal drive and the final MPGs are saved to an external drive.

Last edited by bkdtv : 07-27-2009 at 09:50 AM.
bkdtv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 10:22 AM   #1138
AudioNutz

Custom command.
Old 07-27-2009, 04:21 PM   #1139
zabolots

Quote:
For HD editing I use Womble for editing.

I have an old Womble MPEG-VCR (v3.14). Is this the same you have or different?

I'm thinking there might be some file size limitation for this app as it crashes when I try to open a decrypted HD TiVo recording (4.81GB).
zabolots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 06:04 PM   #1140
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by windracer View Post
Many players can't handle AC3 audio in mpeg4 container. If you use VideoLAN VLC it does support that.

Quote:
Those high rate encodings are overkill if you are looking for space savings. Try ff_ps3 profile instead for good quality lower size recording.
NOTE: The ffmpeg installed as part of kmttg DOES support AAC audio, and the ff_ps3 profile uses it as do some other profiles.