TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-09-2009, 10:19 PM   #1081
manse

So I started fresh, downloaded a new .tivo, decrypted, did the QS Fix, popped the file into Premier Elements... and still had the audio sync problem. I then opened the file in Video Redo Suite... no problems at all. I watched the mpeg in Windows Media Player... no sync problems at all. Loaded the file up in Premier Elements... audio sync problems. (This is premier elements 3 by the way...)

At any rate, I am cutting a DVD from Video Redo now. The previews show no sync issues. Will test the DVD, but I'm pretty sure it will be fine and my problems are with Premier Elements. I wasn't doing anything fancy with Elements to be honest. Video Redo seems a lot easier anyway so I will probably buy it and use it instead.

One note... I didn't sign up for a trial key for Video Redo at first. So when I tried to do the QS fix in kmttg it just got to the fix part and said "queued". For like 10 minutes. Then I figured I should start Video Redo. Then it dawned on me to sign up for the key, because the popup might be screwing something up. I did that, and restarted Video Redo. Tried to run the fix again from kmttg (3 or 4 times) and it just hung every time in "queued" mode. After clicking around a lot I decided to reboot just to be safe. It turns out under a stack of windows was about 5 of those Video Redo popups... well they were popping under everything every time kmttg made the call to Video Redo for the QS fix.

Moral of the story is to register for a trial key of video redo and install it before trying to run QS Fix from kmttg.
manse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 11:16 AM   #1082
manse

Just an update, the DVD's came out perfect when burning with Video Redo. Something is definitely up with Premier Elements 3 and audio syncing.
manse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 11:34 PM   #1083
AudioNutz

For those looking to use the "custom" command on a Mac to extend the functionality of kmttg, I thought I might share a bit of information. It's really easy to get the custom command to launch an application or script, but how do you tell it what to do?

For those familiar with UNIX or DOS commands, it's probably a no-brainer. Not so much with most Mac users.

With the osascript command line, you can pass any of the "Available file args" [tivofile] [mpegfile] [metaFile] [mpegFile_cut] [srtFile] [encodeFile] to ANY scripting language on the Mac. This was designed for use with AppleScript, but will work with any Open Scripting Architecture (OSA) language. (I'm guessing perl, python, Automator actions, AppleScript, JavaScript, VBScript, etc)

In the custom command, use:
/usr/bin/osascript YourScriptHere [encodeFile] or one of the other keywords

Then just write your script to do whatever you want it to do with one (or more) of the files that kmttg created for you.
Old 07-11-2009, 02:50 PM   #1084
moyekj

v0p6j released

v0p6j (07/11/2009)
==================

release notes

ENHANCEMENTS
* Auto Transfers algorithm re-done to better optimize throughput when multiple Tivos exist on the network. No longer waits for all jobs on all Tivos to complete before launching new ones. The user specified "Check Tivos Interval" now applies independently to each Tivo.

* Added encoding profile name to OUTPUT field in job monitor table for "encode" jobs so that you can see what encoding profile was selected for that run.

* Added "File->Reset TiVo web server" menu item. This uses http://<ip>/TiVoConnect?Command=ResetServer which may help clear out conditions where TiVo is reporting "Server Busy" when attempting to download shows which seems to be fairly common for Series 2 Tivos.

* Added user provided "me_zen" encoding profile which is profile for Creative Zen using mencoder.

* Added "File->Clear all messages" menu item to clear the text message area.

* Added SRTFILE keyword support to encoding profiles which represents full path closed captioned srt file.

* Added new "Program Options" tab. Moved a couple of program related options under that tab and added a new "t2extract extra arguments" field where advanced users can enter optional arguments to add to t2extract program call for generating closed captions.

* Moved "Overwite existing files" option from "General" tab to "File Settings" tab.

* Cosmetic: Made CANCEL button background and error highlight background color a much lighter red to make it easier to read.

FIXES
* Prevent launch of "custom" job multiple times in Auto Transfers mode when same show is on more than 1 Tivo.

* Make sure "atomic" job is scheduled before "custom" job.

* Do not allow multiple encode jobs of different kinds of same source file to run at same time.

* Prevent Configuration dialog from being resized so as to avoid layout distortion.
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 08:53 AM   #1085
ACraigL

Is replacing the jar file still the "correct" upgrade method? No changes to the services or anything else to worrry about? (this is my first upgrade since finding this gem)
  • Linksys WRT600N Router
  • Harmony H550
ACraigL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 11:38 AM   #1086
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACraigL View Post
Is replacing the jar file still the "correct" upgrade method? No changes to the services or anything else to worrry about? (this is my first upgrade since finding this gem)
Usually it is just the kmttg.jar file that is updated. In this case there were updates to "encode" folder as well. So to be sure to always get all files upgraded unzipping over your existing installation (and allowing file overwrites) will always work.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 07-12-2009, 11:59 AM   #1087
ACraigL

Thanks -- assuming doing so will not overwrite any custom conversion profiles or other settings?
  • Linksys WRT600N Router
  • Harmony H550
Old 07-12-2009, 12:09 PM   #1088
moyekj

Settings files (specifically auto.ini & config.ini) are not part of distribution so no worries there. For encoding profiles as long as any changes/additions you make have your own encoding file names, they will be preserved as well.

Old 07-12-2009, 03:47 PM   #1089
ACraigL

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
Settings files (specifically auto.ini & config.ini) are not part of distribution so no worries there. For encoding profiles as long as any changes/additions you make have your own encoding file names, they will be preserved as well.
Thanks. Makes sense. One last thing with updates.... I know my original install downloaded the companion programs (decode, handbrake, etc). Is it up to me (us) to keep these updates as well or will the jar check to see if those are the latest revs as well?
  • Linksys WRT600N Router
  • Harmony H550
Old 07-12-2009, 05:26 PM   #1090
moyekj

Currently it's a very simple check for auxiliary programs - if tivodecode not found in tivodecode folder then assume tools are not installed and prompt to download. There is no checking for later versions. Note that I don't update the tools very often anyway, but if an update is needed then I do update the tool zip file accordingly. So yes, it's really up to you if you want to keep up with latest versions of tools such as ffmpeg or comskip and of course you can always update kmttg config to point to wherever you install them, but it's really not necessary.

Old 07-13-2009, 01:58 AM   #1091
bwall23

Transfers failing now

I was able to get one transfer queued and done, but after that it wouldn't transfer, giving the following error; (note, not enough posts to post url's, so I added the underscores here [--url h_t_t_p_:_/_/_])
Code:
>> DOWNLOADING T:\FromTiVo\The Alaska Experiment #001 - Into the Wilds (Thu Jul 09, 2009 2300 DSCHD).TiVo ...
"C:\Program Files\kmttg\curl\curl.exe" --retry 3 --anyauth --user tivo:MAK --insecure --cookie-jar C:\DOCUME~1\ItSmEmA\LOCALS~1\Temp\cookie4321646184115546707.tmp --url h_t_t_p_:_/_/_192.168.1.104:80/download/The%20Alaska%20Experiment.TiVo?Container=%2FNowPlaying&id=346549 --output "T:\FromTiVo\The Alaska Experiment #001 - Into the Wilds (Thu Jul 09, 2009 2300 DSCHD).TiVo"
Download failed to file: T:\FromTiVo\The Alaska Experiment #001 - Into the Wilds (Thu Jul 09, 2009 2300 DSCHD).TiVo
Exit code: 2
Warning: bad output glob!
I reset the TiVo (the old-fashioned way, from the remote) and tried again with kmttg/curl, but got the same error. I then attempted to transfer using IE and it worked.

I caught up on the posts since my last visit (Whew!) and think the new version has a fix for my problem by resetting the internal TiVo server. I'm trying that now...

I installed the latest kmttg v0p6j, started it, sent the reset TiVo command, waited... (might want to put some kind of feedback on that as to whether it was succesful) about a minute, refreshed the TiVo and selected 3 programs to download.

So far, so good. It just started download job 2 of 3, where before it would fail starting download job 2.

UPDATE: All three jobs finished - TiVo internal server reset obviously fixed it. Will post back if further problems. Now, If only we could figure out how to transfer the tts (TiVo Transport Stream) files at light speed ;-)

Last edited by bwall23 : 07-13-2009 at 06:40 AM. Reason: Updated-seems to be fixed
bwall23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 10:08 AM   #1092
moyekj

Interesting, so I think it's pretty clear now that the reset server command does actually do something useful (seems to have fixed issues for more than 1 person now) . I assume you have a series 2 Tivo right? Note that there is no feedback given by Tivo for that reset command so I cannot give any feedback on it.

Old 07-14-2009, 12:57 AM   #1093
bwall23

Quote:
Interesting, so I think it's pretty clear now that the reset server command does actually do something useful (seems to have fixed issues for more than 1 person now) . I assume you have a series 2 Tivo right? Note that there is no feedback given by Tivo for that reset command so I cannot give any feedback on it.
TiVo HD (11.0c) and it's still working, 3 more succesful transfers tonight.
bwall23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 10:48 AM   #1094
camnito

Audio Sync Issues with MP4 encoding

Hi,

Recently, I've noticed that some of the shows that I download and re-encode as MP4's end up with the audio (AC3) out of sync (by about 0.5s or more) on the TiVo HD.

I use VideoRedo for the QS fix and the adcut, and have tried encoding the same video with Handbrake and FFmpeg with the same results. I even tried running QS fix before and after the adcut and it didn't make a difference, as there are no audio sync issues when viewing the MPG video in VRD.

Could this be related to pyTivo's ffmpeg? I sort of doubt it because I push the MP4's to the TiVo HD, so I don't think that pyTivo's ffmpeg does anything.

Any insights would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Cam
camnito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 11:05 AM   #1095
fyodor

Hi

I was wondering if anybody else has been able to get the Streambaby-compatible files to play in Windows 7 MC. I've created some recordings using the Handbrake HD Streamable profile that work OK from the Tivo but will not play back in MC.

I understand that there are other profiles (e.g. Xbox) that are more likely to be compliant, but I'd prefer something that could do both (the downstairs windows computer gives me better playback quality, but I also like being able to watch from the second Tivo in the bedroom).

I'm trying to get a sense of this is a problem particular to me.

Thanks
F
fyodor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 02:45 PM   #1096
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyodor View Post
Hi

I was wondering if anybody else has been able to get the Streambaby-compatible files to play in Windows 7 MC. I've created some recordings using the Handbrake HD Streamable profile that work OK from the Tivo but will not play back in MC.

I understand that there are other profiles (e.g. Xbox) that are more likely to be compliant, but I'd prefer something that could do both (the downstairs windows computer gives me better playback quality, but I also like being able to watch from the second Tivo in the bedroom).

I'm trying to get a sense of this is a problem particular to me.

Thanks
F
H.264 + AC3 audio in MP4 container currently is not a combination many players can handle. If you use VideoLAN VLC on your PC it is able to play back that combination without any trouble. Otherwise if you really must use Windows MC you probably need to use AAC audio instead of AC3, so for example the ff_ps3 profile will likely work (and that is still natively playable by streambaby or pyTivo push).

Last edited by moyekj : 07-16-2009 at 02:53 PM.
Old 07-16-2009, 02:52 PM   #1097
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by camnito View Post
Hi,

Recently, I've noticed that some of the shows that I download and re-encode as MP4's end up with the audio (AC3) out of sync (by about 0.5s or more) on the TiVo HD.

I use VideoRedo for the QS fix and the adcut, and have tried encoding the same video with Handbrake and FFmpeg with the same results. I even tried running QS fix before and after the adcut and it didn't make a difference, as there are no audio sync issues when viewing the MPG video in VRD.

Could this be related to pyTivo's ffmpeg? I sort of doubt it because I push the MP4's to the TiVo HD, so I don't think that pyTivo's ffmpeg does anything.

Any insights would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Cam
Which profiles did you try? Are there any profiles that do work for either HB or ffmpeg? I can't say I've ran into that when first fixing up the video with VRD QS Fix. Also, did you check the video after the adcut process to see if that is still in sync before encoding? In latest release there is 1 mencoder profile called me_zen. Would be interesting to see if that one also results in A/V sync issues.
1 final cluse is while the encoding is happening double-click in job monitor to bring up stdout/stderr window and see if there are any messages about timeline problems being spit out by ffmpeg.

Old 07-17-2009, 02:38 PM   #1098
zabolots

Quote:
I can't say I've ran into that when first fixing up the video with VRD QS Fix.
Is there a Linux equivalent of the VideoReDo QS fix?
zabolots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 09:20 AM   #1099
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by zabolots View Post
Not that I'm aware of. Back in this thread a little while a few of us searched for public domain tools to fix up issues with some recordings pulled from Tivos and none of us were able to find anything that worked well like VideoRedo. I spent a good 2 weeks searching around and trying a whole bunch of things but nothing could fix problems the way VideoRedo can. I think there is a Mac version of VideoRedo on the radar, but I doubt they will ever be a Linux version.

Old 07-18-2009, 11:50 AM   #1100
stujac

moykj;

Sorry to throw this off topic a bit but I got a new Ipod Touch the other day. I've purchased some material (music videos and an episode of "Weeds") and they look fantastic on the Touch (8gb, 2nd gen, 3.0 software). I am now transferring the Letterman show with Paul McCartney (recorded in hi-def) through the kmttg program using the ipod conversion in the drop down menu. Assuming that goes well, what's next? What does the "handbrake" do?

In my Itunes library, do I just do a File-Add Folder (or File)? Do I need to create a new playlist called video or something? My current Itunes library has no transferred shows now. How does this usually go and come out?

Thanks much in advance,

Stu
Old 07-19-2009, 12:51 PM   #1101
camnito

Quote:
Which profiles did you try? Are there any profiles that do work for either HB or ffmpeg? I can't say I've ran into that when first fixing up the video with VRD QS Fix. Also, did you check the video after the adcut process to see if that is still in sync before encoding? In latest release there is 1 mencoder profile called me_zen. Would be interesting to see if that one also results in A/V sync issues.
1 final cluse is while the encoding is happening double-click in job monitor to bring up stdout/stderr window and see if there are any messages about timeline problems being spit out by ffmpeg.
Hi,

I use the Handbrake and Ffmpeg "TiVo HD" profiles. Although, I did modify them to use 4,000 bps so that the MP4 files are smaller. I definitely checked the MPG after the adcut, and it was in sync. In one instance, I even ran QSF after the adcut too, and that didn't help either. This is weird.

Cam
Old 07-20-2009, 08:13 AM   #1102
zabolots

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by zabolots
Not that I'm aware of. Back in this thread a little while a few of us searched for public domain tools to fix up issues with some recordings pulled from Tivos and none of us were able to find anything that worked well like VideoRedo. I spent a good 2 weeks searching around and trying a whole bunch of things but nothing could fix problems the way VideoRedo can. I think there is a Mac version of VideoRedo on the radar, but I doubt they will ever be a Linux version.
Is the VideoReDo QS fix similar to the Womble's old MPG-VCR's MPEG GOP Fixer or is it something different?
zabolots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 10:51 AM   #1103
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by zabolots View Post
Is the VideoReDo QS fix similar to the Womble's old MPG-VCR's MPEG GOP Fixer or is it something different?
I have Womble Mpeg Video Wizard. It's similar to the GOP fixer but VRD seems to work better for me plus I don't believe there is any command line/batch mode possible for Womble like is the case for VRD. There have been cases when GOP fixer did not fix a glitch that VRD has been able to. Womble still is much faster for editing out commercials of HD content for me since it has a much faster video slider where VRD has a little lag when dragging the slider through an HD video (even with thumbnails turned off). I used VRD QS Fix before any editing. For SD video I'll use VRD for editing since it's quick enough. For HD editing I use Womble for editing.

Old 07-20-2009, 04:26 PM   #1104
camnito

Quote:
I have Womble Mpeg Video Wizard. It's similar to the GOP fixer but VRD seems to work better for me plus I don't believe there is any command line/batch mode possible for Womble like is the case for VRD. There have been cases when GOP fixer did not fix a glitch that VRD has been able to. Womble still is much faster for editing out commercials of HD content for me since it has a much faster video slider where VRD has a little lag when dragging the slider through an HD video (even with thumbnails turned off). I used VRD QS Fix before any editing. For SD video I'll use VRD for editing since it's quick enough. For HD editing I use Womble for editing.
Moyekj,

Do you have, or are you planning on offering Womble integration through KMTTG, similar to what you do for VRD?

Thanks,

Cam
Old 07-20-2009, 04:59 PM   #1105
AudioNutz

Quote:
Moyekj,

Do you have, or are you planning on offering Womble integration through KMTTG, similar to what you do for VRD?

Thanks,

Cam
Does womble have a Command Line Interface? If so, What about the "Custom" feature in kmttg?
Old 07-20-2009, 05:20 PM   #1106
moyekj

Quote:
Moyekj,

Thanks,

Cam
There's no batch/command line capability with Womble as far as I know. If there is please steer me in the right direction as I do have Womble to test it out.

Old 07-20-2009, 07:26 PM   #1107
camnito

Quote:
There's no batch/command line capability with Womble as far as I know. If there is please steer me in the right direction as I do have Womble to test it out.
Sorry, I didn't mean to give the impression that I knew it had command line capabilities. I noticed that the product had many of the VRD and even MP4 conversion capabilities, so I thought that perhaps you were working on it.

Cam
Old 07-21-2009, 06:34 AM   #1108
ACraigL

I've configured kmttg's Encode output directory as 'I:', which is a network share. The version prior to 0p6j seemed to copy it out to this location without issue but since moving to this version, it has yet to make it there, and it stays in the current directory. The job does complete however as a complete mp4 is produced.

I see errors in the log, but since I got an encoded file, I'm not sure why.

EDIT: The GUI showed errors, but the logfile does not. Hmmm. Regardless, I have the output dir set as 'I:', but it clearly used the default directory as shown below. Any thoughts as to why?

Code:
2009_07_21_00:40:21 >> DOWNLOADING D:\Downloads\TiVo\kmttg\Blindness.TiVo ...
2009_07_21_00:40:21 D:\Downloads\TiVo\kmttg\curl\curl.exe --retry 3 --anyauth --user tivo:MAK --insecure --cookie-jar D:\Downloads\TiVo\kmttg\cookie7110368333485063866.tmp --url http://192.168.1.120:80/download/Blindness.TiVo?Container=%2FNowPlaying&id=4385088 --output D:\Downloads\TiVo\kmttg\Blindness.TiVo 
2009_07_21_01:39:43 NOTE: D:\Downloads\TiVo\kmttg\Blindness.TiVosize=2749.45 MB elapsed=00:59:22 (6.48 Mbps)
2009_07_21_01:39:43 ---DONE---
2009_07_21_01:39:45 NOTE: OVERWRITING EXISTING FILE: D:\Downloads\TiVo\kmttg\Blindness.mpg
2009_07_21_01:39:45 >> DECRYPTING D:\Downloads\TiVo\kmttg\Blindness.TiVo ...
2009_07_21_01:39:45 D:\Downloads\TiVo\kmttg\tivodecode\tivodecode.exe --mak MAK --out D:\Downloads\TiVo\kmttg\Blindness.mpg D:\Downloads\TiVo\kmttg\Blindness.TiVo 
2009_07_21_01:41:29 NOTE: tivodecode job completed: 00:01:44
2009_07_21_01:41:29 ---DONE---
2009_07_21_01:41:29 (Deleted file: D:\Downloads\TiVo\kmttg\Blindness.TiVo)
2009_07_21_01:41:31 >> ENCODING WITH PROFILE 'hb_iphone_mp4' TO FILE D:\Downloads\TiVo\kmttg\Blindness.mp4 ...
2009_07_21_01:41:31 D:\Downloads\TiVo\kmttg\handbrake\HandBrakeCLI.exe -i D:\Downloads\TiVo\kmttg\Blindness.mpg --cpu 2 -t 1 -c 1 -f mp4 -X 480 -e x264 -q 0.59 -a 1 -E faac -B 128 -R 48 -6 dpl2 -D 2 -x level=30:cabac=0:ref=2:mixed-refs=1:analyse=all:me=umh:no-fast-pskip=1 -v -o D:\Downloads\TiVo\kmttg\Blindness.mp4 
2009_07_21_02:56:25 NOTE: encoding job completed: 01:14:53
2009_07_21_02:56:25 ---DONE---
2009_07_21_02:56:25 (Deleted file: D:\Downloads\TiVo\kmttg\Blindness.mpg)
2009_07_21_02:56:27 >> Running AtomicParsley on D:\Downloads\TiVo\kmttg\Blindness.mp4 ...
2009_07_21_02:56:27 D:\Downloads\TiVo\kmttg\AtomicParsley\AtomicParsley.exe D:\Downloads\TiVo\kmttg\Blindness.mp4 --overWrite -S Movie --title Blindness --grouping Drama --description "A doctor's wife is one of the only individuals immune to a strange epidemic that causes people to lose their eyesight. Based on a book by José Saramago. " -H Blindness --TVNetwork STARZ 
2009_07_21_02:57:49 NOTE: AtomicParsley job completed: 00:01:22
2009_07_21_02:57:49 ---DONE---

• Linksys WRT600N Router
  • Harmony H550

Last edited by ACraigL : 07-21-2009 at 07:40 AM.
Old 07-22-2009, 09:18 AM   #1109
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACraigL View Post
I've configured kmttg's Encode output directory as 'I:', which is a network share. The version prior to 0p6j seemed to copy it out to this location without issue but since moving to this version, it has yet to make it there, and it stays in the current directory. The job does complete however as a complete mp4 is produced.

I see errors in the log, but since I got an encoded file, I'm not sure why.

EDIT: The GUI showed errors, but the logfile does not. Hmmm. Regardless, I have the output dir set as 'I:', but it clearly used the default directory as shown below. Any thoughts as to why?
0p6j had no changes related to output dirs compared to 0p6i so I don't think it's version related. There is some code that checks if the encode output dir exists and if it does not then defaults to the kmttg installation dir which sounds like what is happening. Is this in Auto Transfers mode or GUI mode? I think it was mentioned before that network drives may not be visible in windows service mode which may explain why that could happen in Auto Transfers mode. If it's wrong in the GUI as well then check the config to see that the setting is still correct and OK the config window to see if any errors show up.

Old 07-23-2009, 06:18 AM   #1110
ACraigL

Thanks for the reply.
This is in auto mode. I did not realize there was a difference in how the service recognizes network drives. It sounds like that's the case. Is there any way around that? A symlink or permission change that could correct the behavior?
  • Linksys WRT600N Router
  • Harmony H550