TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-07-2009, 08:38 PM   #1
mikesay98

Question Simple and Easy Converter?

So, I like to go the gym a lot and I've been thinking of putting all my shows onto my cell phone (Windows Mobile) to watch. However, I just want a simple converter to take my .tivo files and make them compatible for my cell phone. Commercial skipping would be a plus, but not necessary.

I can't seem to put them directly on the phone because not only are the files so large they sometimes don't transfer right, but also Windows Media Player shows the programs as like 20 minutes long even though I know it's an hour.

Years ago, I used to use Videora converter to put things on my iPod, but I guess I need something else now (and supporting 16:9 resolution would also be necessary as I have HD items as well). My main concern is simple and easy...I'm fine manually doing everything, including getting the files from my TiVo, etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much!
mikesay98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 07:40 AM   #2
ggieseke

Desktop Plus works fine for me but I don't have any HD recordings, so its default of 320x240 pixels is perfect on my WM6 phone.

For a free solution (and one that's more configurable) I would check out kmttg (http://code.google.com/p/kmttg/).
ggieseke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 03:50 PM   #3
mreaves53

TiVo to iPhone

First; use the TiVo dump program to strip the TiVo file format. Second use Format Factory to convert the file to whatever file type and resolution you want. I use this to convert TiVo files for my Blackberry and have good success.
WD Live TV Media Player
Phillips HDD DVD recorder
LG NAS
Slingbox Pro HD
Toshiba Thrive
mreaves53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 12:56 AM   #4
mikesay98

Thanks for the info...but I'm still having the problem with it thinking the file is like 20 minutes when in reality it's a full hour...any ideas why it's doing this and how to fix it?!
mikesay98 is offline   Reply With Quote