TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Forum Extras > TiVo Search Feedback - Beta Release (Archive)
TiVo Community

Forum Jump

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 06-09-2009, 05:11 PM   #1
aindik

Show All HD Movies

"Old" TiVo "Search by Title" lets me pick HD, Movies, No Subcategory, type "0" with the remote on the Ouija board, and then page through a list of all the movies in the guide data that are in HD, from movies that start with 0 (which comes before A in the alphabetical sort) to movies that start with Z.

I can't seem to replicate this with TiVo Search. First, it looks like I need to go back and retype each letter instead of the list transitioning from A to B to C. And, second, I'm pretty sure that it's not showing me anything close to all the movies that show up in the results from the old search interface.
Old 06-10-2009, 09:48 AM   #2
aindik

I'll amend slightly. I think the search might actually be finding the movies it's supposed to find. But not transitioning directly from the A list to the B list is still annoying.
Old 07-22-2009, 06:12 PM   #3
Johncv

Quote:
Originally Posted by aindik View Post
"Old" TiVo "Search by Title" lets me pick HD, Movies, No Subcategory, type "0" with the remote on the Ouija board, and then page through a list of all the movies in the guide data that are in HD, from movies that start with 0 (which comes before A in the alphabetical sort) to movies that start with Z.

I can't seem to replicate this with TiVo Search. First, it looks like I need to go back and retype each letter instead of the list transitioning from A to B to C. And, second, I'm pretty sure that it's not showing me anything close to all the movies that show up in the results from the old search interface.
TiVo Search searcher by “character” only. Let say your looking for a movie, your not sure of the title but you know it has the word “red” in it. Type in red and TiVo Search will bring up everything with “red” in it, including an actors name. Type in a number, say “29“, it will find everything with the number 29 in it. TiVo Search at this time does not use categories, so yes your right, you can not replicate what was done in the “old search interface”. A category search probably should be added.

HDTiVo
27-inch iMac with i7 quad core processor
Old 07-23-2009, 08:17 AM   #4
terryrules

Yes, the search filter can sometimes yield a different result. It should accurately show what is searched for.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 07-29-2009, 10:00 AM   #5
MichaelK

I think the ability to get all HD movies as an example is a great idea. I much prefer the new search (with it's extra info, links, and "eye candy") to the old methods so any ability to avoid the old system to get everything on the new would be welcome by me.
Old 07-29-2009, 10:11 AM   #6
aindik

You can attempt it with the new search. You can choose categories at the top of the screen, first HD then Movies, and you can limit it to TV only (IOW, exclude Amazon downloads). The problems I was having were a) I don't think it was giving me every single result, and b) it gives me the results in 36 lists (one for each letter and one for each digit) instead of one list.
Old 07-29-2009, 03:26 PM   #7
MichaelK

Yep
But-

Quote:
... The problems I was having were ....b) it gives me the results in 36 lists (one for each letter and one for each digit) instead of one list.
is a deal killer for me.

maybe they could just use a "tag" for movies. then we could pick HD and search "movie" and it would find everything with that tag?

(I haven't played with the "tags" is that how they behave?)
Old 09-08-2010, 05:09 PM   #8
Johncv

This is where I miss the old Showcase where you could find everything on HBO or Showtime, or the Sundance channel. I wish TiVo would bring this back.

HDTiVo
27-inch iMac with i7 quad core processor
Old 09-10-2010, 12:25 PM   #9
whitepelican

I've been annoyed by this search behavior as well. What they need to do is simply add a wildcard character. You could then still choose the categories of HD and Movies and then hit a * or something that would bring up all entries that are within those categories.
Old 12-15-2010, 04:52 AM   #10
derin

better be much patient with our manner. there will be make it better
Old 12-16-2010, 07:04 PM   #11
MichaelK

Quote:
Originally Posted by derin View Post
better be much patient with our manner. there will be make it better
The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see the future is
Old 12-06-2011, 10:38 PM   #12
HaloBox

Quote:

I realize this thread is old, but I just started using the TiVo Elite and can't seem to do what is quoted above. Is it possible? I like seeing a list of all HD movies. How do I do that now?