TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 03-24-2009, 02:33 PM   #361
fatespawn

The beta version seemed to fix the issue. Downloaded 11.9G without a hiccup. You're right about the progress bar. I happened to be sitting in front of it as it finished, and it was saying like 9min to completion for a few minutes, and then just finished - good news was it TRULY was finished.
fatespawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 06:06 PM   #362
philby85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoav View Post
Due to the fact that the tivo doesn't make a distinction between an error in the download or just an incomplete file on the tivo, I retry up to 4 times. It is possible to change that, but really this only happens for 'partial' files on your tivo. (And if I change it to allow those, then errors in the downloads that cause a partial transfer of a full show will also be accepted instead of retried).

Is this happening for ALL your files? Or just this particular one? There is a way to speed it up a bit if it's just for one or two files:

Start a download that you know will fail a few times, and run the following command:
Code:
 /Applications/iTiVo.app/Contents/Resources/killProcesses.pl
This will make the download fail (you will see itivo realize this, and retry). Repeat the command another two times (wait for itivo to retry each time). Then let the fourth attempt finish on its own.

Also, if you do decide to go back to itivo instead of dashboard widget, make sure to FULLY remove it (it has been known to open up connections to the tivo, causing programs like iTiVo to lose their connection on downloads -- took quite a while to track that issue down). Otherwise, the widget is actually really cool for what it does, and if that's all you need, stick to it
Hi Yoav,

Looks like I am back with the itivo family! The widget worked well then just stopped working. I have uninstalled it as you said.

I downloaded a HD recording today I used the ps3 preset and it came out in 4:3 aspect ratio. If I do mpeg 2 HD its 16:9 not sure on that one.

I have been using the command you gave me earlier to get around the 4 tries issue. Works well. Is there any possibility to put a switch in the prefs to toggle it on and off?

cheers

Philby

Last edited by philby85 : 03-24-2009 at 06:17 PM.
philby85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 06:17 PM   #363
moyekj

Quote:
The beta works around the issue. It doesn't time out as quickly once it gets to 9.5G. However, curl still reports progress in Gigs at that point, so the progress bar updates more jerkily at that point. Tell me if it's still failing for you.
FYI, another way to calculate progress without having to rely on curl output is just to poll the current output file size (that's what I do in kmttg).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 08:24 PM   #364
Yoav

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
FYI, another way to calculate progress without having to rely on curl output is just to poll the current output file size (that's what I do in kmttg).
(itivo is a munged up piece of applescript inherited from tivodecodemanager. Features were added on top, but the core is the old code. As written, it can't look at the output file size because in the original scenario, the output is fed via a named pipe to tivodecode which feeds to mencoder... so the final output is an unrelated size, and you can't look at the temporary values ---

clearly the *right* fix would be a re-write, and that would allow for parallel downloads from multiple tivos etc.... but with the code as is, the file size is not available.. All that's available is what curl reports)

Yoav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 08:41 PM   #365
Yoav

Quote:
Originally Posted by philby85 View Post
I have been using the command you gave me earlier to get around the 4 tries issue. Works well. Is there any possibility to put a switch in the prefs to toggle it on and off?
Check out the latest beta. Under the advanced prefs there is a new value for 'number of retries'. If you set that to zero it will just accept whatever it gets with one download attempt (what you asked for).

However, if you set it to 0 and discover that downloads are teminating early for other reasons, you will probably want to raise it back.

Last edited by Yoav : 03-25-2009 at 01:46 AM.
Old 03-24-2009, 08:46 PM   #366
fatespawn

Yoav,

I don't know if it's been mentioned, but I think I found a bug in the 1.7.6b3 beta. 1st of all, I tried setting iTivo as one of my Login items. It works, but each time it comes up with the message "Warning, use at your own risk etc. etc..." It's like the pref's are wiped out. In addition, my subscriptions get erased each time I log in like that. I've repeated that 3 times now. Logging out and logging back in recreate the snafu.

-fate
Old 03-25-2009, 01:17 AM   #367
Yoav

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatespawn View Post
Yoav,

I don't know if it's been mentioned, but I think I found a bug in the 1.7.6b3 beta. 1st of all, I tried setting iTivo as one of my Login items. It works, but each time it comes up with the message "Warning, use at your own risk etc. etc..." It's like the pref's are wiped out. In addition, my subscriptions get erased each time I log in like that. I've repeated that 3 times now. Logging out and logging back in recreate the snafu.

-fate
both the prefs AND the subscriptions are written out to <user>/Library/... Is it possible that iTiVo is having problems writing out to that location (which would explain why it resets each time)? I didnt make any code changes that should have impacted the preferences, so I'm surprised it's only happening with 1.7.6b3...

Is it only having problems when run as a Login item? (There may be some issue with write permissions for login items?).

Last edited by Yoav : 03-25-2009 at 01:48 AM.
Old 03-25-2009, 08:27 AM   #368
fatespawn

Yes, only as a login item. To be a little more clear - it's not the actual preferences within iTivo that are being overwritten... Those stay the same - download location, iphone preset... etc. It's just that when the program launches it always prompts me "This program is under active development.." Like it's the first time I opened it. And, yes, all the subscriptions are wiped out. Strange.

-fate

Oh, and as for writing to the user/library folder, I haven't moved it to another drive or anything... it's on the boot drive right in the OS X default location.
Old 03-25-2009, 01:30 PM   #369
Yoav

Quote:
Yes, only as a login item. To be a little more clear - it's not the actual preferences within iTivo that are being overwritten... Those stay the same - download location, iphone preset... etc. It's just that when the program launches it always prompts me "This program is under active development.." Like it's the first time I opened it. And, yes, all the subscriptions are wiped out. Strange.

-fate

Oh, and as for writing to the user/library folder, I haven't moved it to another drive or anything... it's on the boot drive right in the OS X default location.
Ahh, there was a piece of code changed to automatically 'accept' that popup after 20 seconds of inactivity.. maybe that behaves 'oddly' when auto-launched? I'll look into it.

Old 03-25-2009, 03:11 PM   #370
Yoav

Ok I think I see the problem with the popup. Basically, it doesn't record that you've seen the popup unless you do a clean exit from iTiVo at the end of your session, or you change some preferences setting. Since it sounds like you're running it in the background all the time, you probably only 'exit' it by rebooting and such.

If you go into
Code:
<user>/Library/Preferences/com.iTivo.iTiVo.plist
just find the Launchcount value, and change it to 1 or somesuch, and that should make the popup go away. (Or launch iTiVo by hand, set up your prefs as you like it, and do a clean exit).

Old 03-25-2009, 06:30 PM   #371
philby85

Quote:
Check out the latest beta. Under the advanced prefs there is a new value for 'number of retries'. If you set that to zero it will just accept whatever it gets with one download attempt (what you asked for).

However, if you set it to 0 and discover that downloads are teminating early for other reasons, you will probably want to raise it back.
Hi Yoav,

Thank you so much for this I really appreciate it!

The files that I have the problem with are 10 min kids shows. I pad at the front by 1 min and at the end by 2 minutes. So I am not sure on why it thinks they are partial recordings. Could be the way that channel sets things up. It is the government run station here in Australia.

Is there any possibility in the future of separating the show lists into groups?

In regard to the ps3 setting that we chatted about. If i just decode the show using decrypt it's 16:9 If I use the Ps3 preset they are squished up.

With the show that I have just used the decode setting I can convert it to mp4 with streamclip and it stays 16:9.

Thanks again so much. i wish I could paypal you a donation?

regards

Phil
philby85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 06:55 PM   #372
Yoav

Quote:
Originally Posted by philby85 View Post
Hi Yoav,
The files that I have the problem with are 10 min kids shows. I pad at the front by 1 min and at the end by 2 minutes. So I am not sure on why it thinks they are partial recordings. Could be the way that channel sets things up. It is the government run station here in Australia.
I don't know why it thinks that they are incomplete, but the tivo is definitely reporting the file sizes as some value, but then only provides part of that size. Anyways, setting retries to 0 will avoid you problem.

All I can say about the PS3 setting is that when I tried it with an HD feed it was widescreen on my quicktime player and my VLC player. I'm really at a loss as to why it's not on yours.

There is always a 'possibility' of seperating the shows into groups, but it's a fairly large code change, and the applescript code there really isn't very pretty, so I'm more inclined to do a full re-write than making the code change, and neither of those are high on my priority list. However, you can at least get partway to what you want by clicking the word 'Show' above the names. That will sort all the programs by show-name instead of the tivo default sorting (you can click on any of the column names to pick those as the sort order).

Old 03-26-2009, 10:16 AM   #373
fatespawn

Quote:
just find the Launchcount value, and change it to 1 or somesuch, and that should make the popup go away. (Or launch iTiVo by hand, set up your prefs as you like it, and do a clean exit).
Thanks for the insight. I'm traveling right now and will try it when I get a chance. Do you think the "subscription issue" is related to this as well? I'll report back.
Old 03-27-2009, 12:24 AM   #374
fatespawn

Well, I haven't got too far. found the com.itivo.itivo.plist file. I tried to edit it in textedit and it was gibberish. So I trashed the preference. But here's the kicker. now it's gone. And it doesn't come back when I open iTivo. But my "settings" are still in iTivo (download location, format etc.)

Even after exiting iTivo "cleanly" I couldn't get it to work as a startup item. Each time the computer logs in, it prompts me with the popup, and the subscriptions get erased. If I enter a new subscription, and exit iTivo normally, restarting iTivo normally keeps the subscription. But, quitting, logging off, and logging back in with iTivo set as a startup item kills reprompts me and kills the subscriptions.

Have you been able to duplicate this?
Old 03-27-2009, 01:15 AM   #375
Yoav

Quote:
Well, I haven't got too far. found the com.itivo.itivo.plist file. I tried to edit it in textedit and it was gibberish. So I trashed the preference. But here's the kicker. now it's gone. And it doesn't come back when I open iTivo. But my "settings" are still in iTivo (download location, format etc.)

Even after exiting iTivo "cleanly" I couldn't get it to work as a startup item. Each time the computer logs in, it prompts me with the popup, and the subscriptions get erased. If I enter a new subscription, and exit iTivo normally, restarting iTivo normally keeps the subscription. But, quitting, logging off, and logging back in with iTivo set as a startup item kills reprompts me and kills the subscriptions.

Have you been able to duplicate this?
Let me see if I understood correctly: When you load up iTiVo, set up your preferences, and exit, there is NO com.itivo.itivo.plist file? If so, something is definitely 'odd' with your setup, and something is preventing itivo from writing things to <user>/Library/Preferences, and that would explain all the issues you're having. I'm not sure WHY this is happening though... Did you change permissions on the directories in there?

Old 03-27-2009, 02:24 AM   #376
fatespawn

No, I've changed nothing. Actually, this mac is BRAND new. Just got it last week. To update, the plist file finally DID show up. I had to change a preference to make it appear. I though simply opening and closing would create a new preference. I guess only if you change something? In any case. It's back...

So, to test, I created a new administrator user. Logged in under that name and installed 1.7.5. I was able to create a com.itivo.itivo.plist file. So far so good. I added a subscription. I set itivo as a login item. exited normally. Logged out and back in. The prompt came up (interestingly, it didn't come up the first time I actually opened it under the new user name) and the subscription was erased.

To further troubleshoot, I tried the same process on my wife's iMac. Same result. pop up at each login and erased subscriptions. Have you tried this yourself?

Can I give you any more information?
Old 03-31-2009, 05:16 PM   #377
fatespawn

Yoav,

I've made one more discovery. iTivo only behaves this way (the startup issue) when the "hide" checkbox is checked in the login items. My goal is to run iTivo in the background automatically downloading subscriptions. If I add iTivo to the login items and leave the checkbox empty, the program starts up normally. Any reason, the "hide" feature would wreak havoc with iTivo?
Old 04-04-2009, 12:52 PM   #378
Yoav

Quote:
Yoav,

I've made one more discovery. iTivo only behaves this way (the startup issue) when the "hide" checkbox is checked in the login items. My goal is to run iTivo in the background automatically downloading subscriptions. If I add iTivo to the login items and leave the checkbox empty, the program starts up normally. Any reason, the "hide" feature would wreak havoc with iTivo?
I'm not entirely sure. iTiVo uses applescript calls to render things on the display. Although I *think* those still complete correctly when the display isn't there / is hidden, there might be a difference between 'hidden' after it launches and 'hidden' from the checkbox (it might completely skip rendering the visual in the first place, which may cause issues). I'm not finding anything useful in apple's documentation about the 'hide' checkbox..

Old 04-06-2009, 06:30 AM   #379
fatespawn

:sigh:

Well, I thought I made some great progress with my desire to find a preset to passthrough ac3 to a high quality archive using comskip. I used a test .mpg decrypt file in the Handbrake GUI using the Quicktime preset (with the bitrate MUCH higher and ac3 passthrough enabled). The encode went fine and the transfer back to the tivo went seamlessly via pytivox (though the audio was out of sync if STREAMED but that's another thread). Transcoding back to mpeg 2 was no problem.

So, I plugged my Handbrake CLI options into iTivo and I think iTivo crashed. Here's the resulting log of the event. Any ideas? I'll try mencoder options, but the info that I've found on audio options are more cryptic and just using -oac copy seems to crash as well.

2009-04-06 00:32:27 is download complete 1 / 3
sh: line 1: 11717 Terminated /Applications/iTiVo.app/Contents/Resources/HandBrakeCLI -e x264 -b7000 -f mp4 -4 -2 -T -a 1,1 -E ac3,faac -B auto,160 -R auto,48 -6 auto,dpl2 -x ref=4:mixed-refs=1:bframes=3:weightb=1:direct=auto:me=umh:subq=6:analyse =all:8x8dct=1:trellis=1:no-fast-pskip=1: psy-rd=1,1:b-pyramid=1 -o /Volumes/Video/Tivo\ Shows/1test/Planet\ Earth\ -\ Fresh\ Water.m4v -i /tmp/iTiVo-Tom/iTiVoDLPipe2.mpg > /tmp/iTiVo-Tom/iTiVoDL2 2>&1 < /dev/null
2009-04-06 00:32:30 killed : HandBrakeCLI:11717 ,
2009-04-06 00:32:30 is download complete 1 / 3
2009-04-06 00:32:30 is download complete 1 / 3
2009-04-06 00:32:30 Complete=true , 85% fullfilesize=4989.5 ; currentfilesize=5398
2009-04-06 00:32:30 perl /Applications/iTiVo.app/Contents/Resources/GetExtraInfo.pl 192.168.1.89
Old 04-06-2009, 08:50 AM   #380
fatespawn

Yoav,

I tried the standard Quicktime 10mbps preset (with comskip) and the encoding fails. The download completes, comskip completes, then about half way through the encoding, the download starts all over again. Here is a piece of the log file.

2009-04-06 07:36:51 mencoder timeout: 70 download:1 timeRemaining: 200 timeOn:0 currentPercent: 0
2009-04-06 07:36:52 mencoder timeout: 71 download:1 timeRemaining: 200 timeOn:0 currentPercent: 0
2009-04-06 07:36:52 Download completed
2009-04-06 07:36:52 is download complete 1 / 3
2009-04-06 07:36:56 killed :
2009-04-06 07:36:56 is download complete 1 / 3
2009-04-06 07:36:57 killed :
2009-04-06 07:36:57 rm -f /tmp/iTiVo-Tom/iTiVoDLPipe* /tmp/iTiVo-Tom/iTiVoTDC* /tmp/iTiVo-Tom/iTiVoDLMeta*
2009-04-06 07:36:57 mkfifo /tmp/iTiVo-Tom/iTiVoDLPipe ; touch /tmp/iTiVo-Tom/iTiVoDLPipe{2,3}.mpg
2009-04-06 07:36:57 perl /Applications/iTiVo.app/Contents/Resources/http-fetcher.pl 192.168.1.89 1619892 Planet%5C%20Earth xxxxxxxxxx /tmp/iTiVo-Tom/iTiVoDLPipe >> /tmp/iTiVo-Tom/iTiVo.log 2>&1 & echo $! ;exit 0
2009-04-06 07:36:57 perl /Applications/iTiVo.app/Contents/Resources/tivo-decoder.pl %2FApplications%2FiTiVo%2Eapp%2F xxxxxxxxxx >> /tmp/iTiVo-Tom/iTiVo.log 2>&1 & echo $! ;exit 0
curl 'http://192.168.1.89:80/download/Planet%5C%20Earth.TiVo?Container=%2FNowPlaying&id=1619892' -c /tmp/cookies.txt --retry 12 --retry-delay 10 --digest -u tivo:xxxxxxxxxx -o /tmp/iTiVo-Tom/iTiVoDLPipe --stderr /tmp/iTiVo-Tom/iTiVoDL
2009-04-06 07:36:57 Informing via Growl
2009-04-06 07:36:57 timeout: 0 currentFileSize: 0 fullFileSize:5870
/Applications/iTiVo.app/Contents/Resources/tivodecode -n -D -m xxxxxxxxxx -o /tmp/iTiVo-Tom/iTiVoDLPipe2.mpg /tmp/iTiVo-Tom/iTiVoDLPipe
2009-04-06 07:36:58 timeout: 0 currentFileSize: 5398 fullFileSize:5870
2009-04-06 07:36:58 timeout: 1 currentFileSize: 2.95639038085938e-05 fullFileSize:5870
2009-04-06 07:36:59 timeout: 2 currentFileSize: 2.95639038085938e-05 fullFileSize:5870
2009-04-06 07:36:59 timeout: 3 currentFileSize: 0 fullFileSize:5870
Encryption by QUALCOMM
Old 04-06-2009, 01:03 PM   #381
Yoav

Quote:

So, I plugged my Handbrake CLI options into iTivo and I think iTivo crashed. Here's the resulting log of the event. Any ideas? I'll try mencoder options, but the info that I've found on audio options are more cryptic and just using -oac copy seems to crash as well.
so when I said "you're on your own" I wasn't kidding. As it encodes it writes out information in /tmp/iTiVo-<username>/iTiVoDL2 . You *may* want to look at that as it's encoding to see if anything else is logged in there (that's the direct output of Handbrake). Looks to me like Handbrake decided to exit early on that file, but I don't know why. Is it possible that it's just a bad mpeg-2? I'm told that sometimes the tivo makes bad files that cause encoders to crash...

Old 04-06-2009, 01:05 PM   #382
Yoav

Quote:
Yoav,

I tried the standard Quicktime 10mbps preset (with comskip) and the encoding fails. The download completes, comskip completes, then about half way through the encoding, the download starts all over again. Here is a piece of the log file.
And this is on the same file that your handbrake encoding is failing on? Does it also fail when you use a very simple encoding like 'iphone'? If so, I'm leaning more strongly towards the 'bad mpeg-2 file theory' from my last post. (You may also want to disable comskip, since it might be generating a skip list that is wrong/confusing the encoder).

Btw there is a tool on windows that people use to 'fix' bad mpeg-2's which is part of the VideoReDo package. I do not believe anyone has written a similar tool for the mac though.

Old 04-08-2009, 12:57 PM   #383
yargok

I have a question about how people manage their itunes libraries when using iTiVo. I know you can set your iphone to only sync the most recent 5 episodes, but i'd like to do something similar with itunes to save space. Is there a way in iTiVo or some other script to make sure there are only 5 episodes of a given show in the TV show library and delete the oldest ones?
yargok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 01:29 PM   #384
Yoav

Quote:
Originally Posted by yargok View Post
I have a question about how people manage their itunes libraries when using iTiVo. I know you can set your iphone to only sync the most recent 5 episodes, but i'd like to do something similar with itunes to save space. Is there a way in iTiVo or some other script to make sure there are only 5 episodes of a given show in the TV show library and delete the oldest ones?
iTiVo will not delete shows from your iTunes library.

I looked around for itunes scripts that would do this for you, and so far have had no luck. Doug's applescripts page: http://dougscripts.com/itunes/usually has tons of useful stuff, but I guess there's sort of a 'worry' about deleting the wrong thing (also, i think itunes requires a popup to delete files no matter what).

If you have the script-know-how you can probably edit one of the deletion scripts he has to actually try and figure out how many episodes of a show are on disk, and see if you can sort those by time and expire the oldest...

OR a little manual work (this won't be automatic, but it's pretty easy and is what I do to delete old things): Click the "TV Shows" button. Make sure you're using the list view (the View with the horizontal lines). Now right-click or option-click the word 'Name' and choose 'Date Added'. Now you can see when each show as added. Left-click on the 'Date Added' name to sort everything by date added. Go to the bottom (oldest episodes), and click or shift-click to select all the episodes you want gone. Hit 'delete' and make sure to say "Move to trash".

So yeah, not automated.. sorry
Maybe someone will have a better solution in a bit...

Old 04-08-2009, 11:27 PM   #385
MacGuruTX

Download Freezes bug?

I've run into this on both release and beta versions.

1) Move a show from now playing to Download Queue
2) Select the Download Now
3) go back to my now playing and now add several more shows to the Download queue.
4) The download that was in progress now appears to be hung. as it never adds any more to the file.

5) Possibly related/unrelated. - Press the Cancel Download button. I expected it to clear out the file name and progress, but it doesn't do that?

downloading in "decrypt" mode
MacGuruTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 12:47 AM   #386
Yoav

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGuruTX View Post
I've run into this on both release and beta versions.

1) Move a show from now playing to Download Queue
2) Select the Download Now
3) go back to my now playing and now add several more shows to the Download queue.
4) The download that was in progress now appears to be hung. as it never adds any more to the file.

5) Possibly related/unrelated. - Press the Cancel Download button. I expected it to clear out the file name and progress, but it doesn't do that?

downloading in "decrypt" mode
Odd I just tried those exact steps and it's working fine (the download of the file continues, the new files are added to the queue)... And hitting cancel cancels that download and moves on down the list to the next show...

It sounds like somehow when you add a show to the queue you are throwing it out of the 'downloading loop'. The only guess I can have as to why that would happen is if there's some error adding the new show to the queue. Anything 'special' about the new show you're adding?

If you can get it to happen again (it sounds like you can), can I get you to do the whole thing as described, and then attach the logfile: /tmp/iTiVo-<username>/iTiVo.log ? Hoping there might be something useful there...

Old 04-12-2009, 01:37 PM   #387
danm628

Turbo 264 HD issue

Yoav,

I just got a Turbo 264 HD and have a minor problem with iTiVo. It does work for download and convert but it won't import to iTunes. When I look in the log I see:

osascript /Applications/iTiVo.app//Contents/Resources/Scripts/elgato.scpt /tmp/iTiVo-dlmoore/iTiVoDLPipe2.mpg /Volumes/Newertech\ miniStack\ V3/Movies/TiVo/Good\ Eats\ -\ Cuckoo\ for\ Coq\ au\ Vin.mp4 /tmp/iTiVo-dlmoore/iTiVoDL2 iPhone 2>&1

2009-04-12 09:12:07 mencoder timeout: 1 download:1 timeRemaining: 200 timeOn:0 currentPercent: 0
2009-04-12 09:12:08 mencoder timeout: 2 download:1 timeRemaining: 200 timeOn:0 currentPercent: 0
2009-04-12 09:12:08 mencoder timeout: 3 download:1 timeRemaining: 200 timeOn:0 currentPercent: 0
2009-04-12 09:12:09 mencoder timeout: 4 download:1 timeRemaining: 200 timeOn:0 currentPercent: 0
2009-04-12 09:12:09 mencoder timeout: 5 download:1 timeRemaining: 200 timeOn:0 currentPercent: 0
2009-04-12 09:12:10 mencoder timeout: 6 download:1 timeRemaining: 200 timeOn:0 currentPercent: 0
2009-04-12 09:12:10 mencoder timeout: 7 download:1 timeRemaining: 200 timeOn:0 currentPercent: 0
2009-04-12 09:12:11 mencoder timeout: 8 download:1 timeRemaining: 200 timeOn:0 currentPercent: 0
2009-04-12 09:12:11 mencoder timeout: 9 download:1 timeRemaining: 200 timeOn:0 currentPercent: 0
2009-04-12 09:12:12 mencoder timeout: 10 download:1 timeRemaining: 200 timeOn:0 currentPercent: 0
2009-04-12 09:12:13 mencoder timeout: 11 download:1 timeRemaining: 200 timeOn:0 currentPercent: 0
2009-04-12 09:12:13 mencoder timeout: 12 download:1 timeRemaining: 200 timeOn:0 currentPercent: 0
2009-04-12 09:12:14 mencoder timeout: 13 download:1 timeRemaining: 200 timeOn:0 currentPercent: 0
2009-04-12 09:12:14 mencoder timeout: 14 download:1 timeRemaining: 200 timeOn:0 currentPercent: 0
2009-04-12 09:12:15 mencoder timeout: 15 download:1 timeRemaining: 200 timeOn:0 currentPercent: 0
2009-04-12 09:12:15 mencoder timeout: 16 download:1 timeRemaining: 200 timeOn:0 currentPercent: 0
2009-04-12 09:12:16 mencoder timeout: 17 download:1 timeRemaining: 200 timeOn:0 currentPercent: 0
2009-04-12 09:12:16 mencoder timeout: 18 download:1 timeRemaining: 200 timeOn:0 currentPercent: 0
2009-04-12 09:12:17 mencoder timeout: 19 download:1 timeRemaining: 200 timeOn:0 currentPercent: 0
2009-04-12 09:12:17 mencoder timeout: 20 download:1 timeRemaining: 200 timeOn:0 currentPercent: 0
2009-04-12 09:12:18 mencoder timeout: 21 download:1 timeRemaining: 200 timeOn:0 currentPercent: 0
2009-04-12 09:12:18 mencoder timeout: 22 download:1 timeRemaining: 200 timeOn:0 currentPercent: 0
2009-04-12 09:12:19 mencoder timeout: 23 download:1 timeRemaining: 200 timeOn:0 currentPercent: 0
2009-04-12 09:12:20 mencoder timeout: 24 download:1 timeRemaining: 200 timeOn:0 currentPercent: 0
2009-04-12 09:12:20 mencoder timeout: 25 download:1 timeRemaining: 200 timeOn:0 currentPercent: 0
/Applications/iTiVo.app//Contents/Resources/Scripts/elgato.scpt: execution error: The variable date_diff is not defined. (-2753)
2009-04-12 09:12:21 mencoder timeout: 26 download:1 timeRemaining: 200 timeOn:0 currentPercent: 0
2009-04-12 09:12:21 Download completed
2009-04-12 09:12:23 killed :

It looks like the elgato applescript is using an undefined variable. I think this means the wait till idle applescript isn't running correctly. This may be an Elgato bug instead of iTiVo.

I do get an output mp4 file in the correct directory on my external drive. The import to iTunes does not happen when it finishes.

The Turbo 264 HD also supports some new output formats including "HD 720p" and "HD 1080p". I haven't tried either yet.

- Dan
danm628 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 02:14 PM   #388
Yoav

Actually, I'd suspect that this is a problem with how I process elgato things (an iTiVo bug). as I've mentioned before, I don't own one of the devices, so can't really test things out and rely on you guys to help me out ...

Anyways, what seems to be happening is that iTiVo correctly invokes the 'process movie with elgato', and it supposed to be getting 'fake' progress info from it but isn't, so iTiVo times out and moves on..
While it times out, it stops dealing with it. After a few minutes, elgato finishes processing the movie and informs iTiVo (which no longer listens) that it's done. Which is why you have a converted file, but it's not imported into iTunes (iTiVo normally does that part).

I'll see if I can figure out why it's not giving 'fake progress info' to iTiVo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danm628 View Post
Yoav,

I just got a Turbo 264 HD and have a minor problem with iTiVo. It does work for download and convert but it won't import to iTunes. When I look in the log I see:

osascript /Applications/iTiVo.app//Contents/Resources/Scripts/elgato.scpt /tmp/iTiVo-dlmoore/iTiVoDLPipe2.mpg /Volumes/Newertech\ miniStack\ V3/Movies/TiVo/Good\ Eats\ -\ Cuckoo\ for\ Coq\ au\ Vin.mp4 /tmp/iTiVo-dlmoore/iTiVoDL2 iPhone 2>&1

2009-04-12 09:12:07 mencoder timeout: 1 download:1 timeRemaining: 200 timeOn:0 currentPercent: 0
2009-04-12 09:12:08 mencoder timeout: 2 download:1 timeRemaining: 200 timeOn:0 currentPercent: 0
2009-04-12 09:12:08 mencoder timeout: 3 download:1 timeRemaining: 200 timeOn:0 currentPercent: 0
2009-04-12 09:12:09 mencoder timeout: 4 download:1 timeRemaining: 200 timeOn:0 currentPercent: 0
2009-04-12 09:12:09 mencoder timeout: 5 download:1 timeRemaining: 200 timeOn:0 currentPercent: 0
2009-04-12 09:12:10 mencoder timeout: 6 download:1 timeRemaining: 200 timeOn:0 currentPercent: 0
2009-04-12 09:12:10 mencoder timeout: 7 download:1 timeRemaining: 200 timeOn:0 currentPercent: 0
2009-04-12 09:12:11 mencoder timeout: 8 download:1 timeRemaining: 200 timeOn:0 currentPercent: 0
2009-04-12 09:12:11 mencoder timeout: 9 download:1 timeRemaining: 200 timeOn:0 currentPercent: 0
2009-04-12 09:12:12 mencoder timeout: 10 download:1 timeRemaining: 200 timeOn:0 currentPercent: 0
2009-04-12 09:12:13 mencoder timeout: 11 download:1 timeRemaining: 200 timeOn:0 currentPercent: 0
2009-04-12 09:12:13 mencoder timeout: 12 download:1 timeRemaining: 200 timeOn:0 currentPercent: 0
2009-04-12 09:12:14 mencoder timeout: 13 download:1 timeRemaining: 200 timeOn:0 currentPercent: 0
2009-04-12 09:12:14 mencoder timeout: 14 download:1 timeRemaining: 200 timeOn:0 currentPercent: 0
2009-04-12 09:12:15 mencoder timeout: 15 download:1 timeRemaining: 200 timeOn:0 currentPercent: 0
2009-04-12 09:12:15 mencoder timeout: 16 download:1 timeRemaining: 200 timeOn:0 currentPercent: 0
2009-04-12 09:12:16 mencoder timeout: 17 download:1 timeRemaining: 200 timeOn:0 currentPercent: 0
2009-04-12 09:12:16 mencoder timeout: 18 download:1 timeRemaining: 200 timeOn:0 currentPercent: 0
2009-04-12 09:12:17 mencoder timeout: 19 download:1 timeRemaining: 200 timeOn:0 currentPercent: 0
2009-04-12 09:12:17 mencoder timeout: 20 download:1 timeRemaining: 200 timeOn:0 currentPercent: 0
2009-04-12 09:12:18 mencoder timeout: 21 download:1 timeRemaining: 200 timeOn:0 currentPercent: 0
2009-04-12 09:12:18 mencoder timeout: 22 download:1 timeRemaining: 200 timeOn:0 currentPercent: 0
2009-04-12 09:12:19 mencoder timeout: 23 download:1 timeRemaining: 200 timeOn:0 currentPercent: 0
2009-04-12 09:12:20 mencoder timeout: 24 download:1 timeRemaining: 200 timeOn:0 currentPercent: 0
2009-04-12 09:12:20 mencoder timeout: 25 download:1 timeRemaining: 200 timeOn:0 currentPercent: 0
/Applications/iTiVo.app//Contents/Resources/Scripts/elgato.scpt: execution error: The variable date_diff is not defined. (-2753)
2009-04-12 09:12:21 mencoder timeout: 26 download:1 timeRemaining: 200 timeOn:0 currentPercent: 0
2009-04-12 09:12:21 Download completed
2009-04-12 09:12:23 killed :

It looks like the elgato applescript is using an undefined variable. I think this means the wait till idle applescript isn't running correctly. This may be an Elgato bug instead of iTiVo.

I do get an output mp4 file in the correct directory on my external drive. The import to iTunes does not happen when it finishes.

The Turbo 264 HD also supports some new output formats including "HD 720p" and "HD 1080p". I haven't tried either yet.

- Dan

Old 04-12-2009, 02:23 PM   #389
Yoav

Quote:
I'll see if I can figure out why it's not giving 'fake progress info' to iTiVo.
Ok, I see a situation where the date_diff variable can have no value set, which may have caused the problem you are seeing..

Building a new beta to fix it now. Can you install the beta (1.7.5b6) and tell me if it's working for you now?

Old 04-12-2009, 06:54 PM   #390
danm628

New behavior. iTiVo does wait for the conversion to complete but still doesn't report any status. When the conversion is complete it loops back and starts the download again.

I switched to a different recording (SD, so it's smaller) for testing. Log shows:

2009-04-12 15:34:36 timeout: 0 currentFileSize: 867 fullFileSize:966
2009-04-12 15:34:37 timeout: 0 currentFileSize: 868 fullFileSize:966
2009-04-12 15:34:38 timeout: 1 currentFileSize: 868 fullFileSize:966
End of File

2009-04-12 15:34:38 timeout: 0 currentFileSize: 869 fullFileSize:966
2009-04-12 15:34:39 Running : touch /tmp/iTiVo-dlmoore/iTiVoDLPipe3.mpg
2009-04-12 15:34:39 is download complete 2 / 3
2009-04-12 15:34:39 Running : touch /tmp/iTiVo-dlmoore/iTiVoDLPipe3.mpg
2009-04-12 15:34:39 perl /Applications/iTiVo.app/Contents/Resources/re-encoder.pl %2FApplications%2FiTiVo%2Eapp%2F %2FVolumes%2FNewertech%5C%20miniStack%5C%20V3%2FMovies%2FTiV o%2F Torchwood%5C%20%2D%5C%20Day%5C%20One.mp4 'turbo.264' 'iPhone' ' ' ' ' >> /tmp/iTiVo-dlmoore/iTiVo.log 2>&1 & echo $! ;exit 0

osascript /Applications/iTiVo.app//Contents/Resources/Scripts/elgato.scpt /tmp/iTiVo-dlmoore/iTiVoDLPipe2.mpg /Volumes/Newertech\ miniStack\ V3/Movies/TiVo/Torchwood\ -\ Day\ One.mp4 /tmp/iTiVo-dlmoore/iTiVoDL2 iPhone 2>&1

2009-04-12 15:34:39 mencoder timeout: 0 download:1 timeRemaining: 200 timeOn:0.0 currentPercent: 0
2009-04-12 15:34:39 mencoder timeout: 1 download:1 timeRemaining: 200 timeOn:0 currentPercent: 0
2009-04-12 15:34:40 mencoder timeout: 2 download:1 timeRemaining: 200 timeOn:0 currentPercent: 0
2009-04-12 15:34:41 mencoder timeout: 3 download:1 timeRemaining: 200 timeOn:0 currentPercent: 0
2009-04-12 15:34:41 mencoder timeout: 4 download:1 timeRemaining: 200 timeOn:0 currentPercent: 0
2009-04-12 15:34:42 mencoder timeout: 5 download:1 timeRemaining: 200 timeOn:0 currentPercent: 0
2009-04-12 15:34:42 mencoder timeout: 6 download:1 timeRemaining: 200 timeOn:0 currentPercent: 0
2009-04-12 15:34:43 mencoder timeout: 7 download:1 timeRemaining: 200 timeOn:0 currentPercent: 0
2009-04-12 15:34:43 mencoder timeout: 8 download:1 timeRemaining: 200 timeOn:0 currentPercent: 0
... Many skipped lines ...
2009-04-12 15:47:33 mencoder timeout: 972 download:1 timeRemaining: 200 timeOn:0 currentPercent: 0
2009-04-12 15:47:34 mencoder timeout: 973 download:1 timeRemaining: 200 timeOn:0 currentPercent: 0
2009-04-12 15:47:34 mencoder timeout: 974 download:1 timeRemaining: 200 timeOn:0 currentPercent: 0
2009-04-12 15:47:35 mencoder timeout: 975 download:1 timeRemaining: 200 timeOn:0 currentPercent: 0
2009-04-12 15:47:35 mencoder timeout: 976 download:1 timeRemaining: 200 timeOn:0 currentPercent: 0
2009-04-12 15:47:36 Download completed
2009-04-12 15:47:37 killed :
2009-04-12 15:47:37 is download complete 2 / 3
2009-04-12 15:47:39 killed :
2009-04-12 15:47:39 rm -f /tmp/iTiVo-dlmoore/iTiVoDLPipe* /tmp/iTiVo-dlmoore/iTiVoTDC* /tmp/iTiVo-dlmoore/iTiVoDLMeta*
2009-04-12 15:47:39 mkfifo /tmp/iTiVo-dlmoore/iTiVoDLPipe ; touch /tmp/iTiVo-dlmoore/iTiVoDLPipe{2,3}.mpg
2009-04-12 15:47:39 perl /Applications/iTiVo.app/Contents/Resources/http-fetcher.pl 192.168.0.4 1339715 Torchwood 8104017040 /tmp/iTiVo-dlmoore/iTiVoDLPipe >> /tmp/iTiVo-dlmoore/iTiVo.log 2>&1 & echo $! ;exit 0
curl 'http://192.168.0.4:80/download/Torchwood.TiVo?Container=%2FNowPlaying&id=1339715' -c /tmp/cookies.txt --retry 12 --retry-delay 10 --digest -u tivo:8104017040 -o /tmp/iTiVo-dlmoore/iTiVoDLPipe --stderr /tmp/iTiVo-dlmoore/iTiVoDL
2009-04-12 15:47:39 perl /Applications/iTiVo.app/Contents/Resources/tivo-decoder.pl %2FApplications%2FiTiVo%2Eapp%2F 8104017040 >> /tmp/iTiVo-dlmoore/iTiVo.log 2>&1 & echo $! ;exit 0
/Applications/iTiVo.app/Contents/Resources/tivodecode -n -D -m 8104017040 -o /tmp/iTiVo-dlmoore/iTiVoDLPipe2.mpg /tmp/iTiVo-dlmoore/iTiVoDLPipe
2009-04-12 15:47:39 timeout: 0 currentFileSize: 0 fullFileSize:966
2009-04-12 15:47:39 timeout: 1 currentFileSize: 0 fullFileSize:966
Encryption by QUALCOMM

2009-04-12 15:47:40 timeout: 0 currentFileSize: 2.95639038085938e-05 fullFileSize:966
2009-04-12 15:47:40 timeout: 1 currentFileSize: 0 fullFileSize:966
2009-04-12 15:47:41 timeout: 2 currentFileSize: 0 fullFileSize:966
2009-04-12 15:47:41 timeout: 0 currentFileSize: 0.7509765625 fullFileSize:966
2009-04-12 15:47:42 timeout: 1 currentFileSize: 0.7509765625 fullFileSize:966
2009-04-12 15:47:42 timeout: 0 currentFileSize: 1.8271484375 fullFileSize:966
2009-04-12 15:47:43 timeout: 0 currentFileSize: 2.927734375 fullFileSize:966
2009-04-12 15:47:44 timeout: 1 currentFileSize: 2.927734375 fullFileSize:966
2009-04-12 15:47:44 timeout: 0 currentFileSize: 4.0703125 fullFileSize:966

- Dan
danm628 is offline   Reply With Quote