TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-23-2009, 02:28 PM   #991
jwatkins80504

Experience in Reno

I thought I would share my recent experience with a TivoHD install on Charter cable in Reno, NV. I installed a TivoHD XL purchased from the Tivo web site. Here are some things I learned:

1) I got Tivo working, but it took two installer visits and one tech visit.
2) Cable cards are flakey. Have your installer bring lots of cards. I recommend that you write down the Unit Address of the cards you try (and that fail) so you can check them when an installer brings new cards. I used a digital camera to capture information on all the cards I tried.
3) TivoHD is sensitive to flakey cable cards. Cards that are “bad” can make Tivo reboot or hang.
4) The installers and technicians don’t know anything about cable cards. Read the very helpful Tivo support article: “Troubleshooting CableCARD activation and channel issues”. You will need to help your installer or the install isn’t going to get done right.

I got Tivo#1 on 2/2/09. I forced several connections to the Tivo service to get the latest 11.0 firmware update and Tivo ran fine for two days without cablecards installed.

Installer#1 came on 2/4/09. He brought two Motorola M-Cards. He was patient but didn’t know anything about cable cards. Both of these cards caused the Tivo to reboot when attempting to access cable channels. Several of the reboots were accompanied by a solid green screen (possibly the Green Screen of Death?). I worked with Tivo support and they recommended swapping out the Tivo for a new one. In retrospect I don’t think there was anything wrong with Tivo#1. I believe “bad” cablecards were the issue.

I got Tivo#2 on 2/11/09. Again I forced connections to update to the latest firmware and Tivo ran fine for two days with no cablecards installed.

Installer#2 came on 2/13/09. He brought four Motorola M-Cards and two S-Cards. He was not a patient person and wanted to rush the process along. He didn’t know anything about cablecards. The first M-Card we tried worked and I had all my channels: basic (with HD-locals) and expanded basic. I let the installer go. I re-ran guided setup and Tivo freaked out trying to access a cable channel during setup. The Tivo hung with a black screen and put out a loud noise in the speakers. I called Tivo support and they recommended a cablecard swap. I thought that I would try to fix it myself, so I rebooted Tivo without the cablecard and re-ran guided setup. Then I re-installed the cablecard and was able to get the basic channel lineup (but not the expanded basic lineup). I was happy to get my HD-locals so I left the cablecard installed. I called the Charter 888 service number and they “hit the card” on 2/13, 2/14 and 2/15. None of these hits fixed the channel lineup problem so they scheduled a tech visit for 2/16.

The charter tech came on 2/16/09. He brought four Motorola M-Cards. He was patient but didn’t know anything about cablecards. He swapped out the cablecard for a new one. This cablecard worked and Tivo seems to be happy with it. As I post this on 2/23/09 the Tivo continues to be happy and is recording as expected.
jwatkins80504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 12:42 AM   #992
TracySMiller

Hey, guys. I have a question. I have read a lot of this thread (certainly not all), and I have run across a few posts that mention you can get local HD channels by ordering only "Basic Cable" (not the "Expanded Basic"), as long as you have the two cable cards. Is this right?

Currently we have the "Digital Home" tier, which includes channels 2-99, plus a few others, plus all the non-premium HD stuff, like TNTHD, TBSHD, A&EHD, and of course, ABC, NBC, CBS, & FOX in HD. For this we pay the $59.99/month, plus the $5.00 "HD Equipment Upgrade", plus the $2.00 for each CableCard. After taking a close look at our viewing habits, we find that 80% of what we watch is on ABC, NBC, CBS, and FOX. We have Netflix for movies, and the other assorted shows (mainly on FX, Sci-Fi, or HBO), we can download or rent the DVD's.

Can we get just the "Basic Cable" for around $20, keep the Cable Cards ($4.00 total), and get ABC, NBC, CBS, and FOX in HD?
TracySMiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 06:26 AM   #993
fire100

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracySMiller View Post
Can we get just the "Basic Cable" for around $20, keep the Cable Cards ($4.00 total), and get ABC, NBC, CBS, and FOX in HD?
That is what I do, I get ABC HD, CBS HD, NBC HD, FOX HD, PBS HD, and TBS HD with cable cards, via just the Basic Cable package. I am actually on their $9.99 a month promotion right now, and pay an additional $2 for each multi-stream card (2 Tivo HD's).
fire100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 09:49 AM   #994
mp11

So far so good...

Well after reading all the posts about Charter and Tivo installes, I was a bit nervous about my encounter setting up my TivoHD. I went by the local Charter office(Eunice,La), and explained to the lady what I needed done. I asked if they had much experience with Tivo and cablecards. To my relief she said confidently, "Yes". She said they have no DVRs available, so I figured any DVRs would have to be Tivos...thus there is the experience. She even went as far as saying the tech will probably bring out several cablecards when he comes out. (again the sound of experience). BTW these are M cards. The tech came out 2-3 days later(a contractor), he looked all of about 19 years old, but he knew what he was doing. A little. After he got off the phone he said everything is ready. So I started checking my channels and all that was there was my OTA locals. After making another call everything was coming in perfectly. Although its only been about 2 weeks now, I'm very happy with how things went, and still going. Picture quality has really surprised me. In my opinion every bit as good as Directv was. If there is a difference, I dont see it.
Old 04-27-2009, 10:09 AM   #995
trausch

Everything was fine

Charter in Farmington, MN did a great job. In and out in a few minutes. Installed three M cards, one in each of my Tivo HDs.

The only real problem was with the Tivos themselves. I bought 3 refurbs and two of the three did not work right out of the box. I had to pay for a second truck role to get the cards.
Old 04-27-2009, 11:30 AM   #996
mp11

Quote:
Originally Posted by trausch View Post
Charter in Farmington, MN did a great job. In and out in a few minutes. Installed three M cards, one in each of my Tivo HDs.

The only real problem was with the Tivos themselves. I bought 3 refurbs and two of the three did not work right out of the box. I had to pay for a second truck role to get the cards.
I also had a problem with the first one I purchased from Sears during its 7 day trial period. But I returned it and this one is great.
Old 06-16-2009, 02:46 PM   #997
Andrea4

I've had my Tivo set up for about a month and a half. But I just now called Charter to get a cable card. The guy on the phone didn't seem to know much about them. But I tried to tell him that I wanted an M-Card not 2 S-Cards. He just said that they only have one kind of card so I'm not really sure what he meant. The tech is coming on Thursday so we'll see how this goes. Does anyone know if Charter has M-Cards in the Madison, Wisconsin area? Also, isn't there something that I should print out for the tech?
Andrea4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 04:57 PM   #998
xjonx

I no longer have Charter (moved to Comcast in ATL), but they most likely only have Mcards. I have 2 S3's and had a real hard time getting the old version. I waited two weeks to get just 3 of the 4 I requested. I gave up on getting a fourth.

There is nothing to print out but some tips are just get one card going at a time and be sure that the "tech" copies the id numbers down correctly.

Pioneer Elite 7.1 Channel Receiver VSX-72TXV
Pioneer Elite Plasma Display PRO-1130HD
2- TiVo S3 HD DVR
Playstaion3, H2-A1 HD-DVD
Definitive Technology ProCinema 100 7.1 Surround
xjonx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 04:58 PM   #999
shrike4242

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrea4 View Post
I've had my Tivo set up for about a month and a half. But I just now called Charter to get a cable card. The guy on the phone didn't seem to know much about them. But I tried to tell him that I wanted an M-Card not 2 S-Cards. He just said that they only have one kind of card so I'm not really sure what he meant. The tech is coming on Thursday so we'll see how this goes. Does anyone know if Charter has M-Cards in the Madison, Wisconsin area? Also, isn't there something that I should print out for the tech?
Every card I've received from them has been a M-card, not an S-card. I'd expect them to be the same company-wide, and you should end up with an M-card. The tech should have more than one card on-hand, in case they have an out-of-box failure and need to swap it out.

I'm in St. Louis, MO, and from what I've seen, Charter has only had M-cards company-wide. I can't say for certain, though you'll know quickly when the tech shows up on-site.

Also, some suggestions about things to do about your install from some of my past experiences:
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...46#post7333646
shrike4242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 05:04 PM   #1000
xjonx

PS The "tech" that said I should upgrade my equipment to use the Mcards and kiss my A$$! But them for me and I would be happy to change it out.

Pioneer Elite 7.1 Channel Receiver VSX-72TXV
Pioneer Elite Plasma Display PRO-1130HD
2- TiVo S3 HD DVR
Playstaion3, H2-A1 HD-DVD
Definitive Technology ProCinema 100 7.1 Surround
xjonx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 06:27 AM   #1001
hank12345

Ugh.

Charter in my area has switched to SDV... after almost two years of a flawless TiVo, it is now a total disaster.

I have two S-Cards that worked without issue, until the tuning adapter was hooked up... Now the card in slot one looses all digital channels about every 6 to 12 hours. (gives me just a gray screen) The card in slot 2 seems to always work for some reason.

The only fix for this problem seems to be a re-boot.

Starting last night, The TiVo won't show ANYTHING but a black screen.. has to unplug it-- it is back to "normal" now...

I have also noticed an increase in macro-blocking since the switch to SDV.

I have a tech scheduled to swap out the tuning adapter and S-Cards for an M-Card on Friday, but I don't have a lot of faith at this point.

I don't know how widespread Charter's SDV is at this point, but if it is coming to your area, be ready for some fun new issues.
hank12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 11:59 AM   #1002
rainwater

Quote:
Originally Posted by hank12345 View Post

I don't know how widespread Charter's SDV is at this point, but if it is coming to your area, be ready for some fun new issues.
I am getting it near the end of the year. I appreciate your area working out the issues before it comes here. I'm just glad we weren't chosen first. I have little faith in Charter making it a smooth transition for any TiVo users.
rainwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 03:12 PM   #1003
shrike4242

Quote:
Originally Posted by hank12345 View Post
No sign of it here in St. Louis, though I'd imagine we'd go sometime later this year. I'd call the help desk and ask them about it, though I'm lucky to get a clueful person on the phone when I call.
Old 06-26-2009, 07:42 AM   #1004
hank12345

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainwater View Post
I am getting it near the end of the year. I appreciate your area working out the issues before it comes here. I'm just glad we weren't chosen first. I have little faith in Charter making it a smooth transition for any TiVo users.
Hi Rainwater-

Nice to see you are still on the board-- I remember you from the "Great Pixelation Debate" of a couple of years ago!

Anyway, I think I have a solution to the problem... It seems that if you tune to a SDV channel, and get a gray screen, changing the channel manually up or down two channels (not using the TiVo guide) then tuning back to the channel you want seems to get things working again...

This seems weird and wrong to me, but it is the troubleshooting method to use on the TiVo website...

http://support.tivo.com/app/answers/...05/r_id/100041

I have yet to get a gray screen while recording, but if that starts happening, the TiVo will be pretty useless for me... It's a shame that there is no better solution than the tuning adapter....

anyway, I hope this helps if anyone has a similar issue...

EDIT

I should note that I did have Charter swap the S-cards for an M-Card, and have yet to get a gray screen since te swap...

H

Last edited by hank12345 : 06-27-2009 at 09:47 AM. Reason: update
hank12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 01:31 PM   #1005
walueg

After having a bad experience with Charter in Fort Worth last year where after multiple visits, I was not able to get a successful install, I tried again last week. The guy came out, never having done one of these before, was prepared with four cards. The first card worked flawlessly after a firmware upgrade.
walueg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 02:47 PM   #1006
GlenH100

This a billing, rather than technical issue, but longtime readers may recall my post last year where I mentioned that Charter was charging me $5/month for "HD Equipment Upgrade" and calls to Customer Service yielded amorphous responses that this was "to get the HD signal to your home", and was a required charge, even though it doesn't appear on the price list.

Fast forward a year, and the price list was included in this month's bill. The fee still isn't in the price list, but I finally got someone at Charter to own up to the fact that this is the charge applied to Digital Home customers when they upgrade to an HD cable box. (It's the difference in the rental cost between a SD box and an HD box.)

Since I am not renting a box; only a CableCARD, the fee shouldn't apply, but they previously said that HD provisioning was tied to the fee. This time, the agent assured me that the charge was an error, and that I would still receive my HD channels, including the HD Ultra tier to which I subscribe. She could only give me a six month credit; to get the $55.66 for the first eleven months of my subscription, I'll have to go to the local office.

--Glen
GlenH100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 07:37 AM   #1007
gilg2009

Ok, I skimmed a lot of the messages here, and while I am glad I am not the only one having issues, I am concerned that there are so many other people having the same problem.

Yesterday I had a cable card installed in my TiVO HD. As my TiVo can support it, I had a M card installed, so I wouldn't need two S cards.

When the technician showed up, I handed him the sheet that TiVo gives you, but he didn't seem interested in it. He just put the card in and said for me to go to the screen that shows "the cable card stuff." So I did, following the instructions on the sheet I tried to give to him. He called in and had the card activated. I then tried to "Test Channels". I could get all the channels that are considered "basic cable" and the HD versions of those channels (which Charter gives us for free). Any channel that I actually pay extra money for (a tier channel), however was just a black screen.

At this point the tech started to pack up, I asked about the black screen and I was told that it takes from 45 minutes to an hour for the cable card to download the information it needs to be able to view those channels. I tried to get him to stay, but he wasn't going to do so.

I tried to call Charter some 3 hours later, letting them know I was experiencing a problem, but the lady on the phone told me that the area I was in was experiencing an "outage" and she could not schedule a technician because of it. I told her I had another cable box and TV in the house that wasn't having any issues, and I wasn't experiencing an outage, and she said all she could do was send me a signal, which would take 10 to 15 minutes to get to me, and she couldn't stay on the phone during that time. That didn't work either.

My wife found this forum last night and I tried a lot of the suggestions I read, like re-doing the Getting Started wizard while pulling out and reinserting the cable card, I've tried rebooting the TiVo several times, which hasn't fixed it.

Can anyone point me in the right direction here?
gilg2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 09:27 AM   #1008
rainwater

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilg2009 View Post
Ok, I skimmed a lot of the messages here, and while I am glad I am not the only one having issues, I am concerned that there are so many other people having the same problem.

Yesterday I had a cable card installed in my TiVO HD. As my TiVo can support it, I had a M card installed, so I wouldn't need two S cards.

When the technician showed up, I handed him the sheet that TiVo gives you, but he didn't seem interested in it. He just put the card in and said for me to go to the screen that shows "the cable card stuff." So I did, following the instructions on the sheet I tried to give to him. He called in and had the card activated. I then tried to "Test Channels". I could get all the channels that are considered "basic cable" and the HD versions of those channels (which Charter gives us for free). Any channel that I actually pay extra money for (a tier channel), however was just a black screen.

At this point the tech started to pack up, I asked about the black screen and I was told that it takes from 45 minutes to an hour for the cable card to download the information it needs to be able to view those channels. I tried to get him to stay, but he wasn't going to do so.

I tried to call Charter some 3 hours later, letting them know I was experiencing a problem, but the lady on the phone told me that the area I was in was experiencing an "outage" and she could not schedule a technician because of it. I told her I had another cable box and TV in the house that wasn't having any issues, and I wasn't experiencing an outage, and she said all she could do was send me a signal, which would take 10 to 15 minutes to get to me, and she couldn't stay on the phone during that time. That didn't work either.

My wife found this forum last night and I tried a lot of the suggestions I read, like re-doing the Getting Started wizard while pulling out and reinserting the cable card, I've tried rebooting the TiVo several times, which hasn't fixed it.

Can anyone point me in the right direction here?
Your card was not paired correctly. This is why you do not receive any premium channels. Don't believe the BS about having to wait 45 minutes for the channels to appear. If they don't appear a minute after he calls in the pairing info, then it will not work. Also, sending a signal to the cablecard is instant. A few times I had issues and went through the automated system to send a hit to the card and it happened withing a few seconds.

I have had a card re-paired over the phone one time but other times was not successful in getting anyone to try it. I would call and request a senior tech/cablecard expert come out and try to fix the issue. Tell them if a regular tech comes you will not let them in your house because it will be a waste of time. If you get someone who knows what they are doing, they will fix this problem in less than 5 minutes. Technically you can do it over the phone but it is hard to get a hold of someone that knows how to do it.
Old 07-24-2009, 09:51 AM   #1009
gilg2009

Quote:
Your card was not paired correctly. This is why you do not receive any premium channels. Don't believe the BS about having to wait 45 minutes for the channels to appear. If they don't appear a minute after he calls in the pairing info, then it will not work. Also, sending a signal to the cablecard is instant. A few times I had issues and went through the automated system to send a hit to the card and it happened withing a few seconds.

I have had a card re-paired over the phone one time but other times was not successful in getting anyone to try it. I would call and request a senior tech/cablecard expert come out and try to fix the issue. Tell them if a regular tech comes you will not let them in your house because it will be a waste of time. If you get someone who knows what they are doing, they will fix this problem in less than 5 minutes. Technically you can do it over the phone but it is hard to get a hold of someone that knows how to do it.
Is the pairing process the same thing as them sending a "cold initialization" signal?
Old 07-24-2009, 11:13 AM   #1010
rainwater

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilg2009 View Post
Is the pairing process the same thing as them sending a "cold initialization" signal?
That would be part of the process. However, if they do not have the correct serial number, then the whole init process will not accomplish anything. AFAIK, Charter doesn't use anything but the serial numbers to initialize a cablecard. So make sure they have this number entered correctly on your account. If the card is setup right, any tiers you have or you add later on are automatically updated on the card. So it is rarely an issue with your account setup regarding what you are subscribed to, but just an issue with initializing the card.
Old 07-24-2009, 01:52 PM   #1011
shrike4242

Quote:
That would be part of the process. However, if they do not have the correct serial number, then the whole init process will not accomplish anything. AFAIK, Charter doesn't use anything but the serial numbers to initialize a cablecard. So make sure they have this number entered correctly on your account. If the card is setup right, any tiers you have or you add later on are automatically updated on the card. So it is rarely an issue with your account setup regarding what you are subscribed to, but just an issue with initializing the card.
That's mostly correct, assuming of course they do the right back-end programming to enable the tiers on the cable card that was added.

I've run into issues with three out of five CableCard installs, and it's all been back-end programming issues that was the cause of the problem. The last time I ran into an issue, they did the standard "wait an hour and the channels will all shows up", which I did give them, though I had some channels for one tier not work. They set up a truck roll to send out a tech with a new card and he figured out the issue was due to the card not having the HD Ultra Tier enabled for that card. The back-end programming they're supposed to do after the CableCard is paired correctly is to enable all of your tiers for that device, so that you can get all of the channels on it. They do this so if you had kids with a TV in their room and you didn't want the movie channels usable on that cable box, they won't be able to see them if the channels aren't enabled on that box.

gilig2009, I'd have Charter re-pair the card again, and have them make sure that all of the tiers you're supposed to get are on the card. Check all of the channels from 100 up to the last digital channel you're supposed to get and if you don't have them all, call Charter back to fix it. Since the CableCard didn't work correctly after the tech went on-site, call Charter and ask them to credit back the $29.99 install charge because it wasn't done correctly for the install. Make sure you tell the rep that you had no issue with the CableCard install by the tech, which is sounds like you didn't, but the back-end programming was all screwed up, so you didn't have working service when the tech was done with his work. They may complain about not giving you the credit, though if it's not working after the tech leaves, you shouldn't have to pay for the install.
Old 07-24-2009, 06:10 PM   #1012
gilg2009

It works!

Apparently, all I needed to do was have them send the "cold initialization" signal. Now its working great! They did have to taylor the signal so that it was configured for the channels I receive, but those two words was all the CSR needed to hear.
Old 08-29-2009, 03:18 PM   #1013
ethicalpaul

Check out this crazy info: I heard today from my charter tier 2 tech support lady that Charter is doing away with cablecards in order to move to some new system where they only send the channel(s) you are currently watching (in order to save bandwidth).

She explained that with the cablecards they have to send all the channels down the wire to be available for the cards/tivo to receive and that's just "too much bandwidth". The new system would be something like ondemand, but they only send downstream the program that your box says you are currently watching.

So she claimed they were getting rid of the card system and that I should receive a letter informing me of this.

I told her the FCC would be interested to hear about this plan.

Has anyone heard this line yet?
ethicalpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 09:22 AM   #1014
pops_porter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethicalpaul View Post
Check out this crazy info: I heard today from my charter tier 2 tech support lady that Charter is doing away with cablecards in order to move to some new system where they only send the channel(s) you are currently watching (in order to save bandwidth).

She explained that with the cablecards they have to send all the channels down the wire to be available for the cards/tivo to receive and that's just "too much bandwidth". The new system would be something like ondemand, but they only send downstream the program that your box says you are currently watching.

So she claimed they were getting rid of the card system and that I should receive a letter informing me of this.

I told her the FCC would be interested to hear about this plan.

Has anyone heard this line yet?
Yes, paul. There are some threads about it, but it's called SDV and some companies have left their Tivo users out to dry without the ability for the Tivo to change the channel, but it sounds like Charter is doing a decent job in the places they've started using SDV. They've sent letters and supplied the device to go on the back of the Tivo to allow the Tivo to change channels with the new SDV format.
pops_porter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 01:13 PM   #1015
shrike4242

Link to the Charter / SDV thread:

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=415745
Old 08-31-2009, 02:17 PM   #1016
rainwater

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethicalpaul View Post
Tech support at Charter has no clue so don't listen to anything they say. SDV is being implemented by Charter. However, tuning adapters are being made available for free to any TiVo Series3 users so that it works in conjunctions with their cablecards in their TiVos. In no way is Charter dropping support for Cablecards as they are required for the tuning adapters.
Old 09-03-2009, 05:04 PM   #1017
ethicalpaul

Thanks gang, sorry I missed the existing thread about it.
ethicalpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 12:03 PM   #1018
Rickvz
TiVoholic

Here in Greenville, SC Charter added some new channels last month and rearranged all of the channels. I have a TivoHD with an M card (Motorola) and the guide data updated with the new channels but I am not receiving any new channels and the old channels are still coming in on the old channel number on the extended channels. Basic channels below 100 are working fine. For example, 773 is supposed to be AETV-HD but I am picking up ESPN-HD.

I called and they tried hitting the cable card but that didn't work. I've rerun the Guided Setup several times and there is no change. A tech visit was cancelled once and rescheduled for last Saturday. The tech came out and tried repairing the card. He did talk to "Miss Margaret" (who was the backend person able to get the card working when I bought the unit over a year ago.) Still no change. He said that there was a tech who knew how to fix it but he was off that day so he would email him and get him to come out the next day. Didn't happen. I called on Monday and set up another appointment for today with a supervisor tech requested. I called last night to confirm the appointment (since Charter had not called me) and found out it was cancelled. The original tech called me and came out this morning and tried refreshing the Guide Data (which I have done several times) and it doesn't work. He's coming back this afternoon (at least he said he would) and will bring extra cards to try.

Just wondered if anyone had any ideas? If I didn't prefer TiVo over other DVRs I would have already cancelled Charter and switched to Dish or DirecTV.
Rickvz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 06:39 PM   #1019
rsincavage

Charter in G'ville

Hi Rickvz..

I am also in Greenville SC and I too stick with Charter just because I'm addicted to TiVo...

Anyway, sorry to hear about your problems, I have all of the new channels and they are all coming in correctly. I have three separate cables cards... Two in the TiVo and a third one that is plugged directly into a Mitsubishi Television.. All channels are correct on all cards..

Regards,
Rob
rsincavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 09:38 PM   #1020
Rickvz
TiVoholic

I am glad to hear that someone here in SC has a working system. The tech came by my house a couple of times this afternoon and is determined to help figure it out. He brought out a Moxi box when he came the last time so that I can at least view programs. When we tried running Guided Setup after installing a new cablecard the TiVo didn't seem to make any progress. It remained on the Preparing stage for 30 or more minutes. He installed the Moxi and will plan to call and set up a time to return Tuesday. If I don't have to speak with Charter phone "support" I will be happy to work through it over several days.

I unplugged the TiVo and will try rerunning Guided setup and see what happens. Since he's tried three cards now and it is doing the same thing I wonder if there could be something in the TiVo itself causing the issue.
Rickvz is online now   Reply With Quote