TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-01-2008, 11:40 AM   #31
lukepurdy

CableCard Saga in Pineville, LA

My HDTivo arrived yesterday so I called Suddenlink to order the CableCards. The person at the callcenter told me that they had them in my local office and that I could schedule a service call or pick them up myself. I foolishly thought, "Wow, that was easy" and told him I'd pick them up at the local office.

When I arrived the woman behind the counter informed me that the callcenter guy was incorrect and that I would have to schedule a service call. This was Wednesday and the soonest they could schedule someone is Monday afternoon. Stay tuned...

Update for Monday
I'm sure few of you will be surprised to learn that nobody showed up on Monday. When I called Suddenlink assured me that they were very sorry but that my appointment was now scheduled for all day Thursday. They weren't sure why the meeting was rescheduled without me being notified. I was able to get them to narrow the time down to a two hour window. Long story short....it will take Suddenlink over a week to even show up to install the cablecards.

Last edited by lukepurdy : 05-05-2008 at 03:54 PM.
lukepurdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 05:38 PM   #32
joeball

Smile at least..........some good news

Got my new Panasonic HD TV, Tivo HD and got Suddenlinkto come out and install the cable card or cablecard(s). The bad news is that the guy had no idea about cable cards, how they work, how to install them or anything else. Good news is that the one (1) cablecard he brought just happened to be an M card. He slipped it in, and I and Tivo did the rest through guided set-up. He did make the call to activate, but I did the rest. Everything is working beautifully and HD is incredible. Bottom line is that Suddenlink has access to M (multi-stream cards) and my experience is that if you have the choice, INSIST on the 1 multi-stream card rather than the two (2) S cards. You then avoid all of that "pairing" business. I truly believe that is where many of the problems happen.........simply because they don't yet know what they're doing. Hope this helps someone or many someones...................JB
joeball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 06:20 PM   #33
keiffer6

I thought I would update my story....

After getting the Series 3 TiVo working with SuddenLink cablecards, I fell in love with the cablecards. I went out and bought a TiVoHD for the living room. I had Suddenlink back out to install the single M-Card in the new tivo. After 5 different techs and 7 different service calls, my TiVo still did not work. Finally I decided to take matters into my own hands. I searched the web for answers. I was only able to get my basic channels on the new TiVo. Every time I went to a channel above 100, the screen would flash to the Pairing screen. Research led me to call Suddenlink and ask them to read off my host ID and Data ID numbers. Turns out that they had the numbers totally wrong. Once they changed the numbers I was in business and had all my channels.

I just thought someone else might benefit from my experience. Hopefully I can save someone else the headache of 7 service calls from techs that have no clue how to do their job.
keiffer6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 07:07 AM   #34
rangermonk

Does anyone know if Suddenlink is going to update their channel lineup anytime soon? I'm moving into an area where they are the cable provider, and their HD lineup isn't that great from what I see. They have even less HD channels than Comcast, which I currently have now. Thought about switching Directv, but I don't want to lose that Tivo goodness.
rangermonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 07:41 AM   #35
MFDDriver

Well here is my SL story. I called and place order with CS rep and they set and appointment up for two days later within a 2 hour window, which didnt seem too bad. Well when the tech showed up he didnt seem to opptomistic, but he forged ahead anyway. After trying to get the 1st card to work for about and hour with no luck he went ahead and tried the s 2nd card, BINGO, worked almost instantly. He said the first slot must be bad because the second worked so fast, said that was all he could do and it was on TIVO.
I called CS back and let them no how uninterested the guy was and they said they would send someone else out and they would put a note on it not to send the same guy. Well when the second tech showed up he had one card with him swapped it out with no luck. He had a much better attitude but still no luck with card.
I called CS back and got a real helpful woman who kept me on the phone for over an hour with no luck. I told her about my conversation with TIVO rep and that she had told me it may take a few cards before we find one that works. She found that strange, she said all cards are the same. She said she would dispatch a third tech instructions to bring multiple cards.
Well when the third tech showed he had two cards, the first one immediately showed an error when he inserted it. He inserted the second card and it would not show pairing info. he said it had to be TIVO because there is no way 4 cards could be bad. He had no more finished his sentence when he looked at card #3 and said well this card is crushed, sure enough it looked like it had been stepped on. He got frustrated and called his boss and ask if four new unused cards could be rushed over to my house, boss said sure and brought them himself. I thought that was very customer friendly.
Well when boss arrived and dropped off new cards the tech, who by the way was one of the friendlist guys you would ever want to meet, inserted the first new card and bingo after just a brief wait for pairing info the card worked like a charm.
Moral of the Story-Not all cards are the same! relate my story to CS and request new unused cards.
MFDDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 06:29 AM   #36
alto

These problems with SL:

First tech (who came in the morning) suggested using one multistream card vs 2 single. The tech said he could not get one because the warehouse could not be accessed. I found out later that it could have been. Then the tech informed us that he was mistaken and that they didn't have MS cards and told my wife he was on the way to put in two singles. He never arrived even though I waited for a couple of hours while my wife and her family from out of town went to eat.

Of course I called and complained but CS would not get someone out in the evening but promised a call from the Tech's sup on the following Monday. No call came. Called CS and was told that they would get someone out at 2-4 window but would not agree to have someone meet me at 6 so I could avoid leaving work. I asked for the general manager and was transferred to another person who represented herself as the general manager (actually I learned later that she was a mid-level sup in the call center) She also "confirmed" that they didn't have MS cards.

Guess what, tech finally shows up at 6pm. He had been given a MS card (which supposedly they didn't have). He had some problems and was told MS cards don't work on SL. He kept at it and the MS card worked fine ultimately.

I have dealt with about 6-7 folks so far. Usual attitude, at least at the supervisory level was implicitly "we are sorry for your inconvenience due to our errors, but don't expect us to do anything that is inconvenient for us to solve your problem or lessen your inconvience" In contrast, the CS reps who took my calls initially tried to be helpful within their authority. The techs, except the one who said he was on the way and didn't show, were fine also.

Obviously they have some organizational confusion about what cards they have and what work. It could be they would rather charge for two single cards vs one MS, but I am not sure that is the case.

[Aside - I have generally been very please with the CS assistance I have received on the internet side. This is my first bad experience with SL overall.]

The concept of withholding necessary equipment or parts from the techs who discover a need for it during the day is beyond me but is apparently an organizational practice. As a policy, SL seems to be much more concerned about their convenience than that of their customers.

Misrepresenting a representative's position within the company, i.e., "I'm the general manager" is plainly deceptive and inexcusable.

I am continuing the complaint process about the service received.
alto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 11:12 PM   #37
jaredog

I had a Suddenlink CableCARD install today and apparently I took part in a rare event...everything went great.

I called last week to set up my install. It went fine. They didn't even ask what they were for.

Installer showed up today with several different cards and we ultimately installed a multi-stream card. The installer was very nice and even brought his own Tivo installation intructions!

I even mentioned how I had read horror stories online about trying to get a cablecard installed by Suddenlink and he laughed and said they only install one or two cablecards every six months.

I have to say I was extemely pleased and surprised with Suddenlink's service.
jaredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 12:28 AM   #38
JettM

I have a TIVO HD and Suddenlink service. I scheduled SL to do an install and, while they said they hadn't done a TIVO install and were not sure it would work, they would give it a try. They installed a single M-Card. Everything seems to work fine with the exeption of HD channels. I simply get a blank screen. SL is looking into it but have many sources providing conflicting information. One conclusion is that the cableCard won't support HD which I don't think is the case.

Has anyone seen this before or have any suggestions I might pass on to SL Abilene?

The whole point of this upgrade for me was to get HD channels. Thanks in advance...
JettM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 01:06 PM   #39
Pete Abel

Quote:
Originally Posted by JettM View Post
I have a TIVO HD and Suddenlink service. I scheduled SL to do an install and, while they said they hadn't done a TIVO install and were not sure it would work, they would give it a try. They installed a single M-Card. Everything seems to work fine with the exeption of HD channels. I simply get a blank screen. SL is looking into it but have many sources providing conflicting information. One conclusion is that the cableCard won't support HD which I don't think is the case.

Has anyone seen this before or have any suggestions I might pass on to SL Abilene?

The whole point of this upgrade for me was to get HD channels. Thanks in advance...
I'm with Suddenlink Corp. HQ. If you're willing to email me -- pete.abel@suddenlink.com -- and let me know name and address on your account, plus who you've been dealing with locally -- I can make sure senior managers in your area are aware and involved.

More on who I am here.
Pete Abel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 01:24 PM   #40
cableguy763

You sir, are brave. I commend you for your customer service.
cableguy763 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 10:17 PM   #41
JettM

Quote:

It looks like the values for validation on my Tivo Conditional Access page are incorrect. No "V" in the Val?: and MP instead of "S" in the Auth: field. SL tried to re-validate the card today...no luck.
Old 12-03-2008, 10:00 AM   #42
JettM

Quote:
It looks like the values for validation on my Tivo Conditional Access page are incorrect. No "V" in the Val?: and MP instead of "S" in the Auth: field. SL tried to re-validate the card today...no luck.
Problem fixed. The solution was having SL remove the M-Card from the account completely and then add it back in and configure it.

I got a lot of direct personal attention on this from SL Abilene. SL corporate also got involved. The local manager actually came out to the house even after it was working just to verify everything was correct.
Old 02-11-2009, 06:17 PM   #43
popyee

Suddenlink installed my M cable card today with no problems. I thank Pete Abel for making this painless.
popyee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 10:57 AM   #44
Yosemitebob
TWC DVR SUCKS

Not so sudden link

I'm moving from Time Warner country to out in the country. Actually Spring Hill Kansas is not that small of a town and it's only about 15-30 min from KC and it's suburbs. But according Chad with Suddenlink customer service who said that I live in too small of a town so they don't have to give me a cable card. I explained that it was a FCC requirement in all 50 states and that got me nowhere. He said that Suddenlink was not aware of this regulation. I even said that I was going to file a complaint with the FCC (which I did immediately). He still said that they wouldn't give me one. I am not yet a Suddenlink customer but would like to be one. So we will see. Has anyone else gotten the you live in the sticks response?
Yosemitebob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 12:34 PM   #45
Pete Abel

With Suddenlink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosemitebob View Post
I'm moving from Time Warner country to out in the country. Actually Spring Hill Kansas is not that small of a town and it's only about 15-30 min from KC and it's suburbs. But according Chad with Suddenlink customer service who said that I live in too small of a town so they don't have to give me a cable card. I explained that it was a FCC requirement in all 50 states and that got me nowhere. He said that Suddenlink was not aware of this regulation. I even said that I was going to file a complaint with the FCC (which I did immediately). He still said that they wouldn't give me one. I am not yet a Suddenlink customer but would like to be one. So we will see. Has anyone else gotten the you live in the sticks response?
I'm with Suddenlink @ Corp. HQ. If you'll contact me by email (pete.abel@suddenlink.com) with details on how to contact you outside this forum, I'll follow up accordingly. Thanks.
Old 03-16-2009, 05:22 PM   #46
Pete Abel

Suddenlink Update

Yosemite Bob -- I did some additional checking and have been told that we (Suddenlink) can in fact provide you with a Cable Card, as you suspected. I'm sorry you were not given the correct information before. Please email me (pete.abel@suddenlink.com) and I'll have the senior manager for that area make sure that you're taken care of.
Old 04-23-2009, 09:29 AM   #47
SugarBowl

does suddenlink use SDV in west virginia?
SugarBowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 10:06 AM   #48
JF0rd

I am in Ruston, LA and had a reasonably good experience with my CableCard request from SuddenLink.

First I called customer support and spoke with a lady who was adamant that SuddenLink did not do CableCards. She got tech support on the line and they verified what I told her. Once she realized I was right, she hung up (I didn't get her name unfortunately). I called back and spoke with another person who didn't know anything about them and spoke to Tech Support again and the Tech Support guy called Ruston, LA a major market, and I laughed. He said we only have CableCards in major markets. Then I said I would go to the local office to handle everything.

I went yesterday to the office, convinced them to let me install the cards myself. They removed the block on the cable that afternoon from the previous tenant of the apartment and I was good to go.
JF0rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 04:46 PM   #49
Carlton

TivoHD Cablecard

I had read this forum so I was prepared for the suddenlink cablecard run-around, and I got it. The customer service rep had never heard of a cablecard, so he asked tech support and they said it wouldn't work in a Tivo, even though their website says it will. Then the installer showed up without the card and had to go to the office to get one. He said he had never installed one before, so I gave him the Tivo instructions. He had it up and running in 5 minutes. He said it was the easiest install he had done. It works perfectly.

I hope this is helpful.
Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 06:04 PM   #50
Bassplayer

Yeah - MCard installed right now, and I get some HD, but not all. Very frustrating.
Bassplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 11:18 PM   #51
khickson

Suddenlink, Lubbock & TiVo HD

Here I go on my cablecard trip.

First things first.
suddenlink/support/cable-support/cable-card-faqs/

1. Are there any alternatives to leasing a Suddenlink Digital set-top box in order to receive digital channels, including Digital Premium and HD channels?

Yes. You can lease a CableCARD for use in either of the following:

•"Digital-Cable-Ready" TV set (has a CableCARD slot and built-in Digital QAM tuner)
•"Digital-Cable-Ready" device (such as a TiVo box or Microsoft Digital Cable Tuner).

5. Why does Suddenlink offer CableCARDs?

We and other cable operators are required to offer CableCARDs by the Federal
Communications Commission (FCC). Suddenlink is also committed to supporting Digital-
Cable-Ready TV sets and other Digital-Cable-Ready devices that consumer electronics
manufacturers are developing.

My story so far, October 1st

Chat History
aaron has entered the session.
Kurt Hickson: I called in earlier today and spoke with a CSR in Lubbock concerning CableCARD's. He explained is wasn't an option but the FCC requires it. Who do I call to get CableCARD's?
aaron: hello Kurt.
aaron: Welcome to Suddenlink Online Support. My name is Aaron and it is my pleasure to assist you today.
Kurt Hickson: great
Kurt Hickson: hello Aaron.
aaron: I am sorry but the information that you entered at the beginning did not come through correctly. How can i help you today?
Kurt Hickson: i need 2 cablecards
Kurt Hickson: when I called my local support they tell me it's not an option but the FCC say's differently
aaron: Ok i will help you today.
aaron: In order to assist you today, I will need some additional information. May I please have the city and state your services are in; the physical address, and the name on the account?
Kurt Hickson: shouldn't that pull up considering I had to enter my account number to get here? The name is obvious.
Kurt Hickson: Lubbock, TX, #### - ###
aaron: Thank you! One moment please while I pull up your account.
aaron: To confirm the account can i get the last four digits of your social.
Kurt Hickson: ####
aaron: Thank you Kurt.
aaron: One moment please.
Kurt Hickson: k
aaron: I am setting up your order now. Thank you for your patience.
Kurt Hickson: Thank you
aaron: And you want the 2 cable cards added with the digital box order?
Kurt Hickson: I haven't bought the Tivo HD yet, I guess all I need now is a digital box
Kurt Hickson: The cablecards won't be till late October
Kurt Hickson: cablecards can't be activated without the host device
aaron: ok so you would only like to order for the one cable box now?
Kurt Hickson: that'll be fine
Kurt Hickson: the reason for contacting you is that I was told it wasn't an option
aaron: I see the option in our system. I am sorry if you were told it was not.
aaron: Unless they know of something that i do not know.
aaron: But is shows the option to add a cable card to your account.
Kurt Hickson: it's ok, just need to make sure b4 I order a tivo hd
aaron: Let me double check the notes.
aaron: One moment please.
aaron: I am checking in your area to see if you can add the cable card to a TiVo box. One more moment please.
aaron: I am sorry for the wait.
Kurt Hickson: thanks for your help
aaron: Ok i did confirm that we do offer cable cards in your area. Unfortunately we do not program it with your TiVo box.
Kurt Hickson: really?
aaron: If you are wanting to record HD programming we do offer the Suddenlink HD DVR.
Kurt Hickson: So I can get a cablecard but Sudenlink will not program it to a Tivo.
aaron: That is correct.

Kurt Hickson: Is that just my area?
aaron: In some markets where we do not offer the HD DVR we will program a cable card to the TiVo.
Kurt Hickson: gotcha, time to call the fcc

khickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 09:26 PM   #52
khickson

Suddenlink, Lubbock & TiVo HD update

Suddenlink Sam called today (on a Sunday), said he was reading thru the chat logs and that Aaron gave me the wrong information too. Sam did say that a technician visit was required but that they would waive the fee because of the hassle thus far. Looks like I can order my HD box now.
khickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 10:52 PM   #53
trav1856

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Abel View Post
I'm with Suddenlink Corp. HQ. If you're willing to email me -- -- and let me know name and address on your account, plus who you've been dealing with locally -- I can make sure senior managers in your area are aware and involved.

Pete,

No offense bud, but you're about as useful as a fart in a spacesuit.

You people are in direct violation of the Telecommunications Acts of 1992 and 1996, and with presented with that information, you and your little buddy Michael McKeen have refused to correct the problem.

The provisions in the Telecommunications Act provide for the activation of CONSUMER OWNED EQUIPMENT, and I quote: "No cable operator may prevent the activation of customer owned equipment provided that the equipment is technically compatible with the cable operator's plant"....seeing as how my equipment is the EXACT equipment that you people use, and you still refuse to activate it, tell me, just how are you legal?

The FCC has been contacted, and there will be an investigation into this matter. What strikes me as odd, it would've taken just a few man-hours to resolve this situation to everyone's liking, but instead, now you're going to have to spend untold amounts in legal fees and travel expenses to deal with this situation, when all it would've taken is a little effort on your part to make the consumer happy. Good job, buddy. I'm sure the shareholders will be impressed at the annual meeting.
trav1856 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 01:55 PM   #54
shaown

Suddenlink install in Stillwater, OK

So, my parents have had a S2 Tivo for quite a while, and I've put off their upgrade to HD for 2 years or so, waiting for Tivo prices to drop, installs to get easier, and more HD Channels to become available.

Finally, I figured this was time to pull the trigger, I passed them down my Tivo HD (LT), picked up a new premiere for them (LT), and put in a order for 2 Cablecards with Suddenlink for install Thanksgiving week while I was home on vacation. (gives me XMAS to solve any isses).
I hoped it would go smooth, cause 1) I have friends with CC installed in Tivos in Stillwater already 2) I've done about 10+ installs for myself and friends over the years with Cablevsion, RCN, and TimeWarner.

I setup both boxes, most recent SW, etc etc. Installer came out first thing Monday, had two very new Motorola cards. He was a contractor from Loiusiana who had been brought out to help deal with the digital migration, and was training a new guy. They tested the lines, replaced the ends, etc. Cards were installed, Broadcast Basics were enabled but no joy on the digital channels.
I had him double check the hostid/data/etc #s, and he said it would probably take a little bit and he woud be back. I could tell the cards were not activated - but accepted his approach. He called me back, and told me there were rehitting the cards, etc - no joy.
They returned at end of day, tried running a brand new line (didn't mater - which I could have told him, since it was clearly an activation issue).

This is when it turned bad - he called up a senior tech. The senior tech said - oh these Tivos require the new tuning adaptors, and we don't have them yet. Of course I knew the base digital tier (CNN HD, MSNBC HD, etc, etc) were not on SDV, and Tuning Adaptors would not prevent CC activation. I tried to convince them, and failed. They said they would reach out to their contacts and call me the next day.
I took the initiative that night to call the Tyler Texas call center, where they confirmed we had the right Host Ids, etc, and but the cards were not active. They said they were able to hit the cards, but were not getting response. (I was suprised by this, since I though 2 way comms were not enabled, but --- maybe it was a Suddenlink thing)

I sent a note off to Pete Abel asking for help (The TA thing had me freaked out) and he responded within minutes offering to to contact local mgmt ( GREAT!)

The next day I got a call, they had setup the cards wrong in their system (as 2 way devices they said?), and they resetup them up, repaired them from scratch, and boom everything worked without a third visit.

So all resolved succesfully within 28 hours or so.

The biggest surprise, was how nice, friendly and supportive Suddenlink was. They bent over backwards to make things work. The biggest dissapointment was despite clearly have done Tivos and CCs in Stillwater in the past, they were still unclear on the process, and despite a lot of prompting from me, could not get it right the first day.

-Shaown
3 S2DT, 1 Phillips S1, 1 HR10-250 HDTivo, 1 S1 DTivo, 3 S2 DTivos, 1 THD 1Tb

Last edited by shaown : 12-01-2010 at 02:51 AM.
shaown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 05:06 PM   #55
Tolstoy88155

Premiere, CableCard, and SuddenLink in Stillwater, OK

I just got a new Premiere for Christmas. This is the first experience with CableCards and so far it has been problematic. I went down to the SuddenLink office in Stillwater, OK and picked up the CC and installed it in the Premiere.

I then called up SL to activate the card. The tech said he was not familiar with the process, but looked it up and got the information he needed. Most of the channels showed up without a problem, but not the Showtime digital package. Showtime works fine on the other Pace cable boxes in the house but not on the TiVo. Six total calls, replaced CC, and a truck roll and the problem still is not solved.

The last tech I talked to seemed to think it was a problem on the cable head end. The CC does not seem to be initializing correctly. He emailed the local supervisor, the cable head tech, and the dispatcher. We're going to try it again tomorrow.

I was hoping that since SuddenLink is a TiVo partner that they would be more familiar by now with the TiVo in general, but that does not seem to be the case.

I do want to emphasize that despite being frustrated, it is in no way due to any rudeness from the SuddenLink employees. They have all been very friendly.
Tolstoy88155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 10:44 AM   #56
Tolstoy88155

The second tech showed up this morning and checked the signal strength and determined that there was nothing wrong on our end. He called and had them "hit" it in a different way. All channels are now working correctly on the Premiere.

It all seems to be a numbers game. You keep calling until you get someone who knows the one last thing to try to get it to work.
Tolstoy88155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 12:23 PM   #57
lillevig
Hot in West Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolstoy88155 View Post
The second tech showed up this morning and checked the signal strength and determined that there was nothing wrong on our end. He called and had them "hit" it in a different way. All channels are now working correctly on the Premiere.

It all seems to be a numbers game. You keep calling until you get someone who knows the one last thing to try to get it to work.
I hope you didn't have to pay for what should have been an unnecessary truck roll. I talked to at least 12 phone techs and most kept saying I needed a truck roll. As an FYI, before the self-install mandate, it took them two separate truck rolls and lots of phone calls to get the card working in my S3HD. I e-mailed a detailed account of my travails to the Suddenlink Regional VP. You might consider doing the same so that they know how poor the training and communications are on this topic. I found his actual e-mail address on the Suddenlink website.
Old 01-03-2012, 01:13 PM   #58
shaown

its seems like by default they want to hit them with a standard activation process that requires 2way - so they need to use an alternative?? hitting/activation process.
-Shaown
3 S2DT, 1 Phillips S1, 1 HR10-250 HDTivo, 1 S1 DTivo, 3 S2 DTivos, 1 THD 1Tb
shaown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 11:15 AM   #59
sa_smcvic

Suddenlink install in KY/WV market

Frustration is starting to set in on my Suddenlink install in the KY/WV market. I placed an order with sales and told him I owned my own Tivo. A week later an installer shows up with a HD Box and knew nothing about my Tivo. 2nd appointment was of no use as a second installer was going to setup a HD Box, ignoring what was already reported. My third visit was over the phone and the original installer reported that he needed to order a cable card.

Almost going into my 3rd week of install, and hope (but doubt) I will get a successful installation. Customer service in the KY/WV market are not aware of customer owned TIVO's working with suddenlink service.

If after 4 talks to an installer does not produce results, I'll let suddenlink of the hook and go to with satellite which ends my great relationship with my TIVO premiere.
sa_smcvic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 02:14 PM   #60
SDLshannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa_smcvic View Post
Frustration is starting to set in on my Suddenlink install in the KY/WV market. I placed an order with sales and told him I owned my own Tivo. A week later an installer shows up with a HD Box and knew nothing about my Tivo. 2nd appointment was of no use as a second installer was going to setup a HD Box, ignoring what was already reported. My third visit was over the phone and the original installer reported that he needed to order a cable card.

Almost going into my 3rd week of install, and hope (but doubt) I will get a successful installation. Customer service in the KY/WV market are not aware of customer owned TIVO's working with suddenlink service.

If after 4 talks to an installer does not produce results, I'll let suddenlink of the hook and go to with satellite which ends my great relationship with my TIVO premiere.

Hi sa_smcvic- Shannon with Suddenlink here. My apologies for any frustrations caused, and I would be happy to work with Management in KY/WV to ensure we get your installation done correctly. Please feel free to email me at shannon-AT-suddenlink-DOT-com. Thank you!
SDLshannon is offline   Reply With Quote