I am having a very strange issue and have done extensive troubleshooting myself but cannot find a solution. I have two Tivo HD units both upgraded with 500GB drives and using cable cards on Comcast.
When I click "Video On Demand" on the Tivo Central screen I get the following message instantly (almost no delay and no network activity) "There was a problem accessing the video on demand screen. To resolve this issue, please try the following" It then lists step one, make a tivo service connection and step two to go to the support site.
I have tried the following to troubleshoot this issue:
1. Tivo service conenction and reboot on both units (same issue on both DRV's)
2. Verify opt and video download status on Tivo.com (yes I have tried disabling, conencting and then re-enabling)
3. Tivo network diagnostics under messages and settings (indicates nopproblems with open ports or DHCP)
4. Connecting Tivo directly to my cable modem, assigning public IP address via DHCP, doing tivo service conenction and then reboot
5. Bringing one of the DVR's to a friends house where they have a workign Tivo with video on demand functional
6. Pause 52 software reload
7. Repeat guided setup - I did not yet try clear and delete everything
Here are some other facts about this issue:
1. I can access you tube just fine under Music, Photos and Showcases
2. I still recieve pushes for video on demand content I subscribe to
3. I can get to netflix and it works but only if I click the advertisement for it under messages and settings on tivo central
4. Clicking the ad for order dominos pizza from tivo central brings me to a screen with an option to "get broadband" and doesnt let me order
5. Swivel search gives a network unavailable message, however Tivo search beta under showcases works fine
I AM AT MY WITS END. Anyone have any ideas? I was thinking as a next step, clear and delete everythign but I want that only as a last resort.