Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-03-2009, 08:19 AM   #151
LoadStar
LOAD"*",8,1

Quote:
Originally Posted by janry View Post
If I recall correctly, and it was mentioned earlier in this thread, the guy they were chasing got caught moments later by another cop.
Right... they never showed it, but they mentioned it as they cut to the COPS logo before the C-break.
LoadStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 08:19 AM   #152
Bob Coxner

Some people wardrive. I was warwalking. :-)
Bob Coxner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 09:13 AM   #153
EvilMidniteBombr
what bomz at midnite

Quote:
If I recall correctly, and it was mentioned earlier in this thread, the guy they were chasing got caught moments later by another cop.
I think they said that he ditched the truck and tried to swim across a river or culvert fully clothed. They nabbed him on the other side with the keys to the truck in his pocket.

Quote:
There was an episode where a cop was chasing an off-road motorcyclist and tried to follow him down some railroad tracks. the cop's car got jammed up in the tracks. They had to radio the railroad to stop trains and then they had to use a wrecker to snatch cop's car off the tracks. The motorcyclist got away.
I saw that one too. I was LMAO while they showed that train slowly coming down the track. Heading right for his car, but switched tracks before it got close. Even better was the comments from the other cops while they were trying to free the car.

9/11/01... Never Forget.
EvilMidniteBombr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 07:45 PM   #154
steve614
what ru lookin at?

WTF!? You can get arrested for biking while intoxicated.

Who Knew?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 07:51 PM   #155
Kamakzie
Are you serious bro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve614 View Post
WTF!? You can get arrested for biking while intoxicated.

Who Knew?
Must be California. You know they love going green.
Old 02-22-2009, 02:24 AM   #156
Neenahboy
Grad stud(ent)

Yikes, that half-naked HOA guy with the farmer's tan? Yeah, didn't need to see that. :/
Old 03-01-2009, 09:08 AM   #157
newsposter
Poster of News

does anyone here watch Speeders? I'm amazed by the difference. on cops if they reach for the glovebox or their wallets they are practically shot dead..but on speeders the cops just stand there as drivers go lunging all over the place in search of their documents

!

monsterjoe - You aren't wrong; spartanstew- I agree with newsposter
newsposter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 09:20 AM   #158
LoadStar
LOAD"*",8,1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neenahboy View Post
Yikes, that half-naked HOA guy with the farmer's tan? Yeah, didn't need to see that. :/
Speaking of didn't need to see... how about the guy that looked like Santa wearing a miniskirt, tube top, and sweater last night? *shudder*
Old 03-01-2009, 10:17 AM   #159
Fish Man
Phish Food

Quote:
Originally Posted by newsposter View Post
does anyone here watch Speeders? I'm amazed by the difference. on cops if they reach for the glovebox or their wallets they are practically shot dead..but on speeders the cops just stand there as drivers go lunging all over the place in search of their documents
I think the difference is that most of the pullovers that they show on Cops involve persons suspected of criminal activity other than simple traffic violations. In such a situation, the cop is concerned that the person may be trying to destroy drug evidence, or worse, pull out a gun.

If the only thing a person is suspected of is speeding, the cop is considerably less worried that he's going to come up with a gun when he goes into the glovebox for his registration. (But, for his own safety, should probably still watch vigilantly as the driver does so!)

Fish Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 10:19 AM   #160
Fish Man
Phish Food

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoadStar View Post
Speaking of didn't need to see... how about the guy that looked like Santa wearing a miniskirt, tube top, and sweater last night? *shudder*
"You have my word that we'll let you change your clothes before taking you to jail."

They didn't show it, but I do hope that the cop kept his word to the guy.

Old 03-01-2009, 10:22 AM   #161
nataylor
Curiously Strong

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Man View Post
I think the difference is that most of the pullovers that they show on Cops involve persons suspected of criminal activity other than simple traffic violations. In such a situation, the cop is concerned that the person may be trying to destroy drug evidence, or worse, pull out a gun.
Bingo. Totally different mindset, I bet. The police on Speeders are out doing traffic enforcement as their primary activity. The police on Cops are "on patrol."
Old 03-01-2009, 02:45 PM   #162
EvilMidniteBombr
what bomz at midnite

Quote:
I watched it once and only because a totally unrelated ARWL caught a keyword in the description. The whole show looked too set up and scripted. But most just dumb. They even had the passengers out on the side of the road playing around. The only redeeming thing about the show is that they talk to the drivers. Cops won't do that (not that I blame them).

9/11/01... Never Forget.
Old 03-01-2009, 02:51 PM   #163
EvilMidniteBombr
what bomz at midnite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Man View Post

If the only thing a person is suspected of is speeding, the cop is considerably less worried that he's going to come up with a gun when he goes into the glovebox for his registration. (But, for his own safety, should probably still watch vigilantly as the driver does so!)
From what I've gathered by talking with police is that a normal traffic stop is one of the most dangerous things they can do. Especially at night. They never know what the driver will do. They might be walking right into a hail of gunfire. You might notice some of them touching the trunk of the car before they approach the driver. This is so that their fingerprints are on the car and can place that car at the scene if the officer is killed or injured. Some departments have made it standard procedure.

9/11/01... Never Forget.
Old 03-01-2009, 08:19 PM   #164
newsposter
Poster of News

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilMidniteBombr View Post
From what I've gathered by talking with police is that a normal traffic stop is one of the most dangerous things they can do. Especially at night. They never know what the driver will do..
Well i didnt want to seem that paranoid but that thought was on my mind. I'd imagine a 'known' enemy (ie just robbed someone) would produce a certain level of readiness vs 'regular' traffic stop.

on cops they do continually say domestics are the worst.

regarding the Speeders dancing on the side of the road, it IS funny sometimes. I love one ep the cop say 2x stay in the car but then the producer must have said come out and show me your picnic basket or whatever.

!

Old 03-02-2009, 06:54 AM   #165
ewolfr

In "Speeders" related news:

http://www.nypost.com/seven/02272009...ket_157167.htm

Quote:
JODIE Foster has given us many amazing performances over the years - but one you won't be seeing is her emotionally charged confrontation with officers from the Beverly Hills Police Department after they nailed her for speeding.

A crew from truTV's reality show "Speeders" - which rides with highway patrols to film motorists getting caught speeding and then trying to talk their way out of a ticket - was with the Beverly Hills cops last weekend when they clocked a Prius allegedly going 54 mph in a 35 mph zone.

ewolfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 07:22 AM   #166
janry

What was the deal with blurring the print on the guy's t-shirt (the guy riding the bike)? Might have been a company's name or an organization they don't want to give a bad name to but I sure hope that hasn't become SOP for COPS.

Those two guys hiding in the brush after bailing for the car were well hidden, it seemed. I thought they were going to have to bring out the dogs to find the last guy.

Last edited by janry : 03-09-2009 at 07:33 AM.
janry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 08:53 AM   #167
newsposter
Poster of News

Quote:
What was the deal with blurring the print on the guy's t-shirt (the guy riding the bike)? Might have been a company's name or an organization they don't want to give a bad name to but I sure hope that hasn't become SOP for COPS..
i guess superbowl XXXVII isnt copyrighted though..saw that one!

!

Old 03-09-2009, 09:21 AM   #168
Fish Man
Phish Food

Quote:
What was the deal with blurring the print on the guy's t-shirt (the guy riding the bike)? Might have been a company's name or an organization they don't want to give a bad name to but I sure hope that hasn't become SOP for COPS.
From what I've seen, blurring out trademarked or copyrighted stuff on T-Shirts is SOP on COPS.

Occasionally, you see an exception, but I assume the exceptions are companies that they have some standard boilerplate agreement with ahead of time. (For example, they may have a standard agreement in place for clothing brands, Nike, Adidas, Under Armour, FUBU, etc.)

Old 03-09-2009, 07:58 PM   #169
newsposter
Poster of News

so what changed over the years that all of a sudden then even have to blur out names on popular buildings etc on most shows? The funniest one i see is the Capitol records building. Anyone who watches a lot of tv knows that building.

!

Old 03-15-2009, 10:06 AM   #170
newsposter
Poster of News

wow the first guy last night...was he on something? smashing out of the car and then THRU the fence..nuts

!

Old 03-15-2009, 10:48 AM   #171
LoadStar
LOAD"*",8,1

Quote:
wow the first guy last night...was he on something? smashing out of the car and then THRU the fence..nuts
I was amused how quickly that chase was done. How far did it go, one block?
Old 03-15-2009, 10:53 AM   #172
Langree
The Gimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoadStar View Post
I was amused how quickly that chase was done. How far did it go, one block?
It was fun for me because first part was in Sac and last was in Houston.

When he said where they were in sac I knew exactly where they were.
Old 03-15-2009, 01:17 PM   #173
nataylor
Curiously Strong

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
I had to replay that a few times. The guy just scampered through the window head first. That was crazy. It was like there was nothing there.
Old 03-15-2009, 05:27 PM   #174
newsposter
Poster of News

Quote:
Originally Posted by nataylor View Post
I had to replay that a few times. The guy just scampered through the window head first. That was crazy. It was like there was nothing there.
bayer called, they want him in a headache commercial

!

Old 03-15-2009, 07:03 PM   #175
steve614
what ru lookin at?

I had to replay the crash a couple of times to see how he flipped.
I didn't think a curb alone would do that.
Turned out the cause was he ran up the guy wire on the telephone pole.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 10:00 PM   #176
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianebrat View Post
My favorite of the guilty pleasures!

No matter how down you can get, just sit and watch an episode of COPS and you realize how decent your life is.
I feel teh same way when hearing people's financial troubles on Dave Ramsey.

The problem is once in a while he gets a caller like the one that makes $400K a year and has $200K in their checking account but it STILL PAYING A CAR LOAN, and asks if they should be making extra mortgage payments
Mac Mini NAS with 9 7 x 2TB drives.
UVerse and OTA

MikeAndrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 08:34 PM   #177
Kamakzie
Are you serious bro?

LOL http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/2255/tased.gif
Old 03-28-2009, 10:15 PM   #178
dianebrat
Uncontrolled Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamakzie View Post
agreed, i busted out when I saw that this evening, and then backed up and watched it again, it's great!
Old 03-28-2009, 11:05 PM   #179
Neenahboy
Grad stud(ent)

The drunk guy at the restaurant didn't even get tased. What was it doing in a tasing special ep?
Old 03-29-2009, 08:09 AM   #180
RonDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neenahboy View Post
The drunk guy at the restaurant didn't even get tased. What was it doing in a tasing special ep?
Probably because the officer threatened to taze him if he didn't stop resisting.

Loved the Minneapolis one later in that same episode. That guy fell over like a freshly sawn tree.

The second episode was a repeat that I never saw before. That Minneapolis pursuit was amazing with that Explorer flipping over multiple times after being PIT'ed by the State Trooper. I'm surprised the officers decided to flip the truck back over and pull the guy out even though he was unconscious and badly hurt, rather than wait for the fire department.. Not that I feel sorry for the suspect, but if pulling him out improperly like they did resulted in permanent injuries such as paralysis, he'll now be a rich man

And did anybody notice his truck had a FOR SALE sign in the window? "For sale, 1994 Ford Explorer, all available options, no rust, low miles. Slight body damage due to being featured on internationally-famous TV show."
RonDawg is offline   Reply With Quote