TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-21-2009, 11:18 AM   #331
kearygriffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcbrine View Post
...And yes, you probably want to force the sample rate, since AFAICT, 44100 and 48000 are the only ones the TiVo can handle. (Well, I can't say that for sure, but I haven't found another good one.)
Thanks, I didn't realize this-- I'll have to make changes to streambaby transcode non-compliant videos, and add the parameter to ffmpeg to force 48Khz.
kearygriffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 07:22 PM   #332
Sevenfeet
Gentle Giant

Quote:
At the risk of repeating myself, a quote from the pyTivo forum:

3-5-6 errors in the music plugin are the same as 5-6 errors in photos. If you weren't seeing them before, it was sheer luck. But it's an intermittent problem, so there's no predicting when it will show up.

Again, it's not that the system is too slow per se (although that may be the issue with the skips), but that, on slower systems, there's some strange timing problem in the networking that's obscured by a faster system. Since Python's networking seems to work fine with everything else, I tend to blame the TiVo end. But I don't know exactly what's going on there.

Just to illustrate the strangeness of the problem: Even though error 5-6 only appeared on my slowest system, it actually went away when I made pyTivo respond even more slowly, by adding some debug output. (Oh, it's fun trying to deal with a problem that goes away when you debug it!)

Since that system died, I no longer have any machines slow enough to evoke error 5-6.
Well, what am I supposed to do with a 9-year old unsupported hardware Leopard Server anyway? You guys should be doing better to support clowns like me!
Old 02-22-2009, 01:30 AM   #333
gosox13

Can't see my photos

I just downloaded pyTivox and added some photos from my pictures on my iMac running Leopard. The data (name, date, etc) with respect to the photos transferred fine to my TiVo, but I can't see any of the photos.When I choose a photo and select "View photo" it shows an icon of a photo negative with a crack running down the center. I then experimented with a music file from iTunes and it worked fine. Any help? Thanks.
gosox13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 01:46 AM   #334
Yoav

Quote:
Originally Posted by gosox13 View Post
I just downloaded pyTivox and added some photos from my pictures on my iMac running Leopard. The data (name, date, etc) with respect to the photos transferred fine to my TiVo, but I can't see any of the photos.When I choose a photo and select "View photo" it shows an icon of a photo negative with a crack running down the center. I then experimented with a music file from iTunes and it worked fine. Any help? Thanks.
Yes, this is a known bug that is fixed in the beta release. Either download that from the 'downloads' section, or wait, (I suspect the beta will become the main release in the near future)...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Yoav : 02-22-2009 at 01:53 AM.
Yoav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 06:26 AM   #335
seattlewendell

I'm using the Beta now. It is unreal how well this works. Thanks Yoav!
seattlewendell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 03:32 PM   #336
gosox13

Yes, the Beta worked--thanks!
One more question. When I went to add photos from iPhoto, I could get to Users/MyName/Pictures, but then the iPhoto library was grayed out and nonselectable, so I had to select the entire Pictures folder, which included iPhoto as well as other folders and files. Does this mean I can only select whole folders, not individual photos, etc? I am a recent convert to Mac from Windows, so please excuse if I am not using correct terminology for the Mac operating system.
Old 02-22-2009, 03:49 PM   #337
Yoav

Quote:
Originally Posted by gosox13 View Post
Yes, the Beta worked--thanks!
One more question. When I went to add photos from iPhoto, I could get to Users/MyName/Pictures, but then the iPhoto library was grayed out and nonselectable, so I had to select the entire Pictures folder, which included iPhoto as well as other folders and files. Does this mean I can only select whole folders, not individual photos, etc? I am a recent convert to Mac from Windows, so please excuse if I am not using correct terminology for the Mac operating system.
You can't share only a single photo or file from the gui. It needs to be a folder with pictures. even if you could share a photo, an iPhoto library file is not a photo, it's just a description of other pictures, which pyTivo doesn't know what to do with (for the same reason, you can't share your iTunes library, but you can share the folder that contains your music).

Old 02-22-2009, 04:19 PM   #338
gosox13

That's what I guessed. Thanks again for confirming.
Old 02-25-2009, 09:33 PM   #339
Clusty

Yoav, how about adding the native-mp4 streaming that people are talking about here to pyTiVoX? Or is that only possible on Windows?
Clusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 10:06 PM   #340
Yoav

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clusty View Post
Yoav, how about adding the native-mp4 streaming that people are talking about here to pyTiVoX? Or is that only possible on Windows?
It's 'push', not 'pull', so it won't work the way you expect it to... I'm hoping that 'pull' mp4 support can be figured out and then things will 'just work', but for now, no support. (Remember that pyTivoX is intended to be a nice simple clean front-end that 'just works' -- It doesn't offer MANY of the advanced options of pyTivo without hacking the config files by hand).

Advanced: The code *IS* in the latest beta. So if you download and install it, you can certainly edit ~/Library/Application Support/pyTivoX/pyTivo.conf and insert all the necessary values required for push support, and it will gladly push mp4s... OR access the web interface (after starting pyTivoX, connect to http://localhost:9032/), and do the same thing. But I don't promise it works, I don't promise to prioritize fixing bugs, and I may not even be helpful in figuring out how to fix things.

Keep in mind that changes to the config files will get overwritten if you hit the 'Apply' button.

On the other hand, wmcbrine (the guy who wrote the pyTivo you're using) generally checks this thread, and may be helpful. Not gonna promise anything...

Last edited by Yoav : 02-26-2009 at 01:17 AM.
Old 02-26-2009, 02:35 AM   #341
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoav View Post
On the other hand, wmcbrine (the guy who wrote the pyTivo you're using)
Well, I did write the MP4 push (based on work by Keary Griffin and Kevin Moye), but don't give me that much credit. See the README for authors.

wmcbrine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 05:29 PM   #342
pmd

Audio frequency fix from streambaby 0.25

Yoav,

I think you need to add -ar ${asamplerate} to the ffmpegexe.transcode.sameqargs line that pyTivoX writes in the default streambaby.ini. Without that, users won't get streambaby 0.25's fix that makes sure audio is always 44100 or 48000 (the problem I had earlier in the thread with an episode of The Wire).

Thanks!
pmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 05:39 PM   #343
Yoav

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmd View Post
Yoav,

I think you need to add -ar ${asamplerate} to the ffmpegexe.transcode.sameqargs line that pyTivoX writes in the default streambaby.ini. Without that, users won't get streambaby 0.25's fix that makes sure audio is always 44100 or 48000 (the problem I had earlier in the thread with an episode of The Wire).

Thanks!
Woops Thanks!

nice catch. Fixing in next release.

Old 02-27-2009, 10:51 PM   #344
Sevenfeet
Gentle Giant

BTW, is there any way for us to know what version of Streambaby that pytivoX is synced with?
Old 02-28-2009, 01:22 AM   #345
Yoav

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevenfeet View Post
BTW, is there any way for us to know what version of Streambaby that pytivoX is synced with?
ermm yes but it's not very pretty.
Open up Terminal.app, and type
Code:
  cat /Applications/pyTivoX.app/Contents/Resources/streambaby/VERSION.txt
(that's the svn release number used in the build). The path above might need to be fixed if you installed pytivox in a non-standard location.)

Old 02-28-2009, 07:48 PM   #346
jimbocil

Low Audio

Has anyone been experiencing low audio?
jimbocil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 09:37 PM   #347
Yoav

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbocil View Post
Has anyone been experiencing low audio?
I personally haven't, but the latest beta did change some audio processing options that force sample rates to certain values, and that might be causing what you are seeing. Is this a new bug for you in the latest beta?

If it's always been that way, It might just be an issue with ffmpeg and how it's handling your audio. I know some people have complained that when you convert AC-3 audio to aac, sometimes there's a large volume drop (aac and ac-3 normalize to different values). ffmpeg is supposed to have workarounds built-in to handle this, but it's not clear how good those are.

It would help if we knew if it was for ALL types of audio, or just things encoded 5.1, or ac-3 audio, or whatnot. What is the source of your program, and are you using streambaby or pyTivo mode?

Old 02-28-2009, 10:44 PM   #348
jimbocil

This is the first version I have tried, but it looks like this may have been a one time occurrence. I tried some other videos encoded in the same manner and they seem fine. Also, once the video was fully downloaded to the TiVo the audio got louder, so it may have just been due to the fact that I was watching while downloading. I will post again if it happens with another video. Thanks for the quick response and a very helpful piece of software!
jimbocil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 11:10 AM   #349
kas25

I really love this app. Looks great now and streaming works really well. I can't stream any movies purchased on itunes. Any workaround to this? Thanks.
kas25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 12:26 PM   #350
Yoav

Quote:
Originally Posted by kas25 View Post
I really love this app. Looks great now and streaming works really well. I can't stream any movies purchased on itunes. Any workaround to this? Thanks.
Movies purchased on itunes are protected with DRM. You are not legally allowed to do anything with them that isn't through itunes (so you can put it on your iphone, or watch it on appleTV or iTunes, but that's it).

Recently apple decided to allow for DRM-free music purchases. Hopefully in the future, they may do the same with their movies. Until then, you may try some 'illegal' options to strip the DRM, but until that happens, pyTivo and streambaby are unable to read your movie files from itunes.

Old 03-04-2009, 06:04 PM   #351
SuperSpiker

Question

Things were working great but now on my S2 Tivo but now I'm getting the following error in my log:

Code:
Seems stream 1 codec frame rate differs from container frame rate: 47.95 (48000/1001) -> 23.98 (24000/1001)
Input #0, matroska, from '/Volumes/JoeDrive/Video/TV/24/24.S07E02.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION.mkv':
  Duration: 00:40:53.21, start: 0.000000, bitrate: N/A
    Stream #0.0: Audio: ac3, 48000 Hz, 5.1, s16
    Stream #0.1(eng): Video: h264, yuv420p, 1280x720, PAR 1:1 DAR 16:9, 23.98 tbr, 1k tbn, 47.95 tbc
Output #0, vob, to 'pipe:':
    Stream #0.0(eng): Video: mpeg2video, yuv420p, 1280x720 [PAR 1:1 DAR 16:9], q=2-31, 1000 kb/s, 90k tbn, 29.97 tbc
    Stream #0.1: Audio: ac3, 48000 Hz, 5.1, s16
Stream mapping:
  Stream #0.1 -> #0.0
  Stream #0.0 -> #0.1
Press [q] to stop encoding
frame=   32 fps=  0 q=2.0 Lsize=     134kB time=1.02 bitrate=1072.0kbits/s
Please advise.

Thanks!
SuperSpiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 06:50 PM   #352
Yoav

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSpiker View Post
Things were working great but now on my S2 Tivo but now I'm getting the following error in my log:
I see a 'warning' at the top, and no errors:
Code:
 Seems stream 1 codec frame rate differs from container frame rate: 47.95 (48000/1001) -> 23.98 (24000/1001)
Everything else indicates normal operation. Looks like you downloaded a *cough cough* less-than-legal copy of 24 and whomever made the copy created a slightly 'incorrect' file. But I believe that file should play anyways. You may want to bring this up in the pyTivo thread and see if anyone has any ideas...
If the log is stopping there, then it's possible ffmpeg is crashing on your file (ffmpeg is the thing that converts your file to something that the tivo can use).

I'm assuming it's not playing right on the tivo?

Old 03-04-2009, 08:26 PM   #353
SuperSpiker

Question

It's not just that file. No file will play... I am able to browse to a file and click on it, then I am able to click to start transferring the file to the Tivo, then I'm able to click to start playing the file while it's transferring BUT the problem is the transfer never starts. The Tivo screen claims that the transfer is happening but it never starts to transfer. I get the same result no matter what file I attempt to transfer/play. It's strange that it just doesn't transfer anything.

I've tried many different video files encoded in different formats and I get the same problem. Strange cause it used to work just fine

Here is the whole log file:

Code:
INFO:pyTivo:pyTivo is ready.
192.168.1.15 - - [04/Mar/2009 18:22:27] "GET /TiVoConnect?Command=QueryContainer&Container=%2F HTTP/1.0" 200 -
192.168.1.2 - - [04/Mar/2009 18:22:27] "GET /TiVoConnect?Command=QueryContainer&Container=%2F HTTP/1.0" 200 -
192.168.1.15 - - [04/Mar/2009 18:22:30] "GET /TiVoConnect?Command=QueryContainer&Container=%2F HTTP/1.0" 200 -
192.168.1.15 - - [04/Mar/2009 18:22:30] "GET /TiVoConnect?Command=QueryContainer&Container=%2F HTTP/1.0" 200 -
192.168.1.15 - - [04/Mar/2009 18:22:40] "GET /TiVoConnect?Command=QueryFormats&SourceFormat=video%2Fx-tivo-mpeg HTTP/1.1" 200 -
192.168.1.15 - - [04/Mar/2009 18:22:40] "GET /TiVoConnect?Command=QueryContainer&Container=TV%20(on%20JoeDrive)&SortOrder=!CaptureDate&ItemCount=8&Filter=x-tivo-container%2Ftivo-videos,x-tivo-container%2Ffolder,video%2Fx-tivo-mpeg,video%2F* HTTP/1.1" 200 -
192.168.1.15 - - [04/Mar/2009 18:22:41] "GET /TiVoConnect?Command=QueryFormats&SourceFormat=video%2Fx-tivo-mpeg HTTP/1.1" 200 -
192.168.1.15 - - [04/Mar/2009 18:22:42] "GET /TiVoConnect?Command=QueryContainer&Container=TV%20(on%20JoeDrive)%2F24&SortOrder=!CaptureDate&ItemCount=8&Filter=x-tivo-container%2Ftivo-videos,x-tivo-container%2Ffolder,video%2Fx-tivo-mpeg,video%2F* HTTP/1.1" 200 -
192.168.1.15 - - [04/Mar/2009 18:22:45] "GET /TiVoConnect?Command=QueryFormats&SourceFormat=video%2Fx-tivo-mpeg HTTP/1.1" 200 -
192.168.1.15 - - [04/Mar/2009 18:22:45] "GET /TiVoConnect?Command=QueryContainer&Container=TV%20(on%20JoeDrive)%2F24&SortOrder=!CaptureDate&ItemCount=1&AnchorItem=%2FTV%2520%2528on%2520JoeDrive%2529%2F24%2F24.S07E02.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION.mkv&AnchorOffset=-1&Filter=x-tivo-container%2Ftivo-videos,x-tivo-container%2Ffolder,video%2Fx-tivo-mpeg,video%2F* HTTP/1.1" 200 -
192.168.1.15 - - [04/Mar/2009 18:22:46] "GET /TiVoConnect?Command=TVBusQuery&Container=TV%20(on%20JoeDrive)&File=%2F24%2F24.S07E02.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION.mkv HTTP/1.1" 200 -
192.168.1.15 - - [04/Mar/2009 18:22:50] "GET /TV%20(on%20JoeDrive)/24/24.S07E02.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION.mkv HTTP/1.1" 200 -
FFmpeg version SVN-r17702, Copyright (c) 2000-2009 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
  configuration: --arch=i386 --cpu=i686 --disable-vhook --disable-static --enable-shared --enable-pthreads --enable-gpl --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libfaac --enable-libfaad --enable-libx264 --enable-swscale --extra-cflags=-I/Users/yoav/src/lame/include -I/Users/yoav/src/faad2-2.7/include -I/Users/yoav/src/faac-1.28/include -I/Users/yoav/src/x264 --extra-ldflags=-L/Users/yoav/src/lame/libmp3lame/.libs -L/Users/yoav/src/faad2-2.7/libfaad/.libs -L/Users/yoav/src/faac-1.28/libfaac/.libs -L/Users/yoav/src/x264/
  libavutil     49.15. 0 / 49.15. 0
  libavcodec    52.20. 0 / 52.20. 0
  libavformat   52.31. 0 / 52.31. 0
  libavdevice   52. 1. 0 / 52. 1. 0
  libswscale     0. 7. 1 /  0. 7. 1
  built on Mar  1 2009 18:20:16, gcc: 4.0.1 (Apple Inc. build 5484)

Input #0, matroska, from '/Volumes/JoeDrive/Video/TV/24/24.S07E02.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION.mkv':
    Stream #0.1(eng): Video: h264, yuv420p, 1280x720, PAR 1:1 DAR 16:9, 23.98 tbr, 1k tbn, 47.95 tbc
    Stream #0.0(eng): Video: mpeg2video, yuv420p, 1280x720 [PAR 1:1 DAR 16:9], q=2-31, 1000 kb/s, 90k tbn, 29.97 tbc
Stream mapping:
  Stream #0.1 -> #0.0
  Stream #0.0 -> #0.1

video:72kB audio:58kB global headers:0kB muxing overhead 3.472563%
  configuration: --arch=i386 --cpu=i686 --disable-vhook --disable-static --enable-shared --enable-pthreads --enable-gpl --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libfaac --enable-libfaad --enable-libx264 --enable-swscale --extra-cflags=-I/Users/yoav/src/lame/include -I/Users/yoav/src/faad2-2.7/include -I/Users/yoav/src/faac-1.28/include -I/Users/yoav/src/x264 --extra-ldflags=-L/Users/yoav/src/lame/libmp3lame/.libs -L/Users/yoav/src/faad2-2.7/libfaad/.libs -L/Users/yoav/src/faac-1.28/libfaac/.libs -L/Users/yoav/src/x264/

/Applications/pyTivoX.app/Contents/Resources/ffmpeg.bin: unrecognized option '-comment'
192.168.1.15 - - [04/Mar/2009 18:23:21] "GET /TV%20(on%20JoeDrive)/24/24.S07E02.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION.mkv HTTP/1.1" 200 -

Stream mapping:
  Stream #0.1 -> #0.0
  Stream #0.0 -> #0.1
frame=   30 fps=  0 q=2.0 size=      78kB time=0.97 bitrate= 660.3kbits/s    

video:72kB audio:58kB global headers:0kB muxing overhead 3.472563%

/Applications/pyTivoX.app/Contents/Resources/ffmpeg.bin: unrecognized option '-comment'
Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.
Old 03-04-2009, 09:01 PM   #354
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
Your problem. This is an option that was apparently dropped in recent versions of ffmpeg, in favor of a new syntax. We just got a bug report about that on the pyTivo forum, and I just updated my fork to get rid of it.

BTW, your first post did not show this error, nor any other ("... differs from container frame rate" is just a warning).

wmcbrine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 10:27 PM   #355
Yoav

Quote:
Your problem. This is an option that was apparently dropped in recent versions of ffmpeg, in favor of a new syntax. We just got a bug report about that on the pyTivo forum, and I just updated my fork to get rid of it.

BTW, your first post did not show this error, nor any other ("... differs from container frame rate" is just a warning).
I will update the beta tonight to use the fixes in wmcbrine's pyTivo. So if you update the beta tonight (or tomorrow) things should hopefully work again..

Old 03-05-2009, 12:00 AM   #356
SuperSpiker

Looking forward to the new beta.

Thanks guys, I'll let you know how it goes.
Old 03-05-2009, 03:08 AM   #357
SuperSpiker

Big Grin

I just installed beta 31 and everything is working great!

Thanks again... how can I donate?
Old 03-05-2009, 11:16 AM   #358
Yoav

Quote:
I just installed beta 31 and everything is working great!

Thanks again... how can I donate?
pyTivoX is entirely free ( no donations ).
If you enjoy the pyTivo side, donate to wmcbrine.
If you enjoy the streambaby side, donate to kearygriffin

Last edited by Yoav : 03-05-2009 at 11:46 AM.
Old 03-05-2009, 12:19 PM   #359
Yoav

Ok I pushed out 1.1 with all the new stuff.

Old 03-06-2009, 09:06 AM   #360
dig_duggler
losing enthusiasm

Just wanted to say thanks. pyTivoX is really really awesome, and the streambaby support makes it even more awesome. Great job!
dig_duggler is offline   Reply With Quote