TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Forum Extras > TiVo Search Feedback - Beta Release (Archive)
TiVo Community

Forum Jump

Old 01-30-2009, 09:39 PM   #1
matt@thehickmans
Hemo_jr

Key Word Search

I like to use "pilot" as a key word search. It gets me to a lot of new shows and favorite old series where I may have missed the pilot episode. However, I am not seeing the kind of results I have come to expect from this keyword in the beta search.

Am I doing it wrong? Or is the beta just not searching the description data?
Old 01-31-2009, 02:49 AM   #2
bkdtv

You aren't doing anything wrong. TiVo does not index episode titles or descriptions. They only index show titles.

Several people have requested that TiVo index episode titles and show them in search results, in the format <episode title> (<show name>) or <show name> (<episode title>). We may or may not see that in the future. We can hope.
Old 02-11-2009, 09:53 AM   #3
matt@thehickmans
Hemo_jr

The lack of indexing on episode titles and descriptions makes the beta search less useful than the current search/wishlist. I would not like to loose this usefulness just to gain a pretty interface.
Old 02-11-2009, 09:43 PM   #4
nrc
Cracker Soul

I suspect that this is targeted at replacing Swivel Search. Wish List will definitely stay as I image will title search.

Not entirely square