TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs
TiVo Community
Reply
Forum Jump
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2009, 03:41 PM   #301
s2krazy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by s1_junkie View Post
Grrr.

Perhaps you could point out to the State Regulator that OTW, for the same service charges different prices according to the model of TiVo their customer has. Significantly more money for users of an older TiVo. For the same service that can't be right.

Strangely the message OTW is sending is 'get a newer TiVo'! Perhaps OTW has a new attitude
It would really suck if they decided that we can't treat multistream differently and RAISE M-Cards!
__________________
Aloha,
Colin
s2krazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 09:30 PM   #302
Goldwing2001
Goldwing2001
 
Goldwing2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii
Posts: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by rover1 View Post
Hi Tony.....here's hoping that all goes well with your install....I think that if you're sure that your cable card is authorized for everything you're supposed to be getting (mine actually wasn't and I didn't know it right away) then the physical install is really nothing......just hook up some wires. Do you already have the CC installed? My installer just called to see if the stuttering audio on 1561 was fixed--it isn't, but playing with pause/play one or more times will clear it up at least until I change channels...and also to see if I get Cinemax HD yet--and I don't. I asked if maybe they could authorize for either Starz or TMC (which I don't subscribe to) for a half hour or so to see if the HD channel for it will authorize--if it does then it would seem there is something wrong with the Cinemax HD channel reception on the TIVO. I understand that the TA may not be able to receive -every- TWC SDV channel and it might be that Cinemax HD/Starz HD/TMC HD just won't work no matter what. If that's the case I always have the normal Cinemax anyway and I could live with that--but if it's supposed to work and doesn't, then it would be worth following up on. He did suggest that maybe it is the CC itself (who knows?) so they are bringing a new card tomorrow at 1300 to try out---I just told him to be sure that it is a Multistream card and not 2 Singlestream ones.

So I wish you good luck and an easy install......I must say that the tech guys in the field have been more than helpful with their followup work. I have no complaints in that department. They really are going the extra mile for me.

Bill

Hey Bill - Oceanic installed my tuning adapter today. The Oceanic installer was here for about an hour. A lot of that time I had him wait until I checked every SDV channel on both my cablecards.

I must say, everything went well. The only mistake that was made was when the installer called the office to startup the "HD Entertainment Pakage" the office only started it on one cablecard, but he just called them back and the issue was resolved.

I checked channel 1561 (MGM HD) and I too have audio drops. The installer told me that it probably has nothing to do with the tuning adapter, but a video-to-audio signal ratio problem, he would file a trouble ticket to the head office to make the necessary adjustments to this channel. He said it may that a few days.

Receiving all those additional HD channels is wonderful.

Thanks Again,
Tony
Goldwing2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 03:31 AM   #303
rover1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Honolulu, HI, USA
Posts: 16
1561 and Starz HD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldwing2001 View Post

I checked channel 1561 (MGM HD) and I too have audio drops. The installer told me that it probably has nothing to do with the tuning adapter, but a video-to-audio signal ratio problem, he would file a trouble ticket to the head office to make the necessary adjustments to this channel. He said it may that a few days.

Receiving all those additional HD channels is wonderful.

Thanks Again,
Tony
The installer guys came again today and replaced the CC--just in case. Still had the stutter on 1561 (MGM HD) which I am able to correct by the pause/play route--sometimes have to hit it several times--and it works until I change the channel. Cinemax HD still does not work.....we had them add Starz group as a test to see what would happen there.....the regular Starz work fine....the Starz HD does not. Does your Starz HD work ok?

The guys were very apologetic....they are filing reports on my 3 things. He said there would be more installs next week so if there is something on their end that is the problem then it should start to show up soon on other machines. He said they would fix the problem sooner or later--I can live with that for now.

Glad to hear yours went well.
rover1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 06:10 PM   #304
Goldwing2001
Goldwing2001
 
Goldwing2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii
Posts: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by rover1 View Post
The installer guys came again today and replaced the CC--just in case. Still had the stutter on 1561 (MGM HD) which I am able to correct by the pause/play route--sometimes have to hit it several times--and it works until I change the channel. Cinemax HD still does not work.....we had them add Starz group as a test to see what would happen there.....the regular Starz work fine....the Starz HD does not. Does your Starz HD work ok?

The guys were very apologetic....they are filing reports on my 3 things. He said there would be more installs next week so if there is something on their end that is the problem then it should start to show up soon on other machines. He said they would fix the problem sooner or later--I can live with that for now.

Glad to hear yours went well.
Bill - My installer told me STARZ HD (1655) is not available yet. I called Oceanic customer service (643-2100) and she verified that that channel is not yet available, but will be sometime in the near future (a month or two). I'm wonder if Cinemax HD is another channel that shows up on the available channels listing, but is not yet available?

Tony
Goldwing2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 09:01 PM   #305
rover1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Honolulu, HI, USA
Posts: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldwing2001 View Post
Bill - My installer told me STARZ HD (1655) is not available yet. I called Oceanic customer service (643-2100) and she verified that that channel is not yet available, but will be sometime in the near future (a month or two). I'm wonder if Cinemax HD is another channel that shows up on the available channels listing, but is not yet available?

Tony
Hmmmmmm......my Cinemax HD and Starz HD play just fine on the Oceanic DVR and also on the SA3250HD box that's attached to Beyond TV on my PC.....seems kinda strange that they would be "available" on those 2 and not on the cable card. Good thing I'm not the Oceanic tech person.....everybody would be having problems. I guess I will just wait until it works....when it does, it does.

Have fun with all your "new" channels.

Bill
rover1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 01:05 PM   #306
Goldwing2001
Goldwing2001
 
Goldwing2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii
Posts: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by rover1 View Post
Hmmmmmm......my Cinemax HD and Starz HD play just fine on the Oceanic DVR and also on the SA3250HD box that's attached to Beyond TV on my PC.....seems kinda strange that they would be "available" on those 2 and not on the cable card. Good thing I'm not the Oceanic tech person.....everybody would be having problems. I guess I will just wait until it works....when it does, it does.

Have fun with all your "new" channels.

Bill
Bill - That is very strange that you get STARZ HD on the cable box and Oceanic tells me It's not avavilable yet. There was no discussion of cablecards when called to inquire. You are on Oahu like me right? I'm in Ewa Beach.

Keep me posted when you do get STARZ HD and Cinemax HD working on the TiVo.

Thanks Again,
Tony
Goldwing2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 03:10 PM   #307
rover1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Honolulu, HI, USA
Posts: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldwing2001 View Post
Bill - That is very strange that you get STARZ HD on the cable box and Oceanic tells me It's not avavilable yet. There was no discussion of cablecards when called to inquire. You are on Oahu like me right? I'm in Ewa Beach.

Keep me posted when you do get STARZ HD and Cinemax HD working on the TiVo.

Thanks Again,
Tony
Tony---I am in Waikiki (so I would think our Oceanic feeds are the same). Who knows what's really going on--I have a hunch (and I may not be on the right track at all)that someone just didn't program the premium package HD feed to work with the cable cards...I mentioned it to my installer and I think he is going to have someone check it out tomorrow--what the outcome is will be anyone's guess at this time. When I try to access either Starz HD or Cinemax HD all I get is the grey screen.....nothing to appear that it's even looking for the channel.....not that screen that says temporarily unavailable nor the screen that says this channel may need a cable card to receive it.....just the blank grey screen.....and I have left it on the channel for several minutes and don't get any kind of timeout either.....just the blank screen. I think that as they roll out more installs this week that any other problems that might affect us all will surface.
Bill

Both HBO and SHO HD work perfectly....but they were never designated as SDV channels. The basic channels for Cinemax/Movie Channel/Starz were not designated as SDV channels but all 3 HD channels ARE. I'm using the channel lineups from Oceanic's site....with all the little colored boxes showing which channels are in which packages......

Last edited by rover1 : 02-01-2009 at 03:15 PM.
rover1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 02:19 PM   #308
HawaiiTivoLover
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 44
So far my TA experience is no good. installers were here 3 1/2 hours til everything worked. But after i restarted the TA later (why is there an on/off switch?) All my sdv channels are grey again. tried restarting both Tivo and TA but no luck. Guess I gotta call Oceanic.
HawaiiTivoLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 02:52 PM   #309
Icarus
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Upcountry Maui, Hawaii
Posts: 339
my TA install went ok. After the install, I'm getting all the missing non-sdv channels also, like 85, 1005, etc.

The only thing I'm not getting, that I should be is MaxHD. I guess I have to call for that one.

oh, there's about 30 tivo + cc customers on Maui.

-David
Icarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 07:08 PM   #310
rover1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Honolulu, HI, USA
Posts: 16
Some progress on my install. The stuttering audio on MGM--1561 is all fixed up. Now the only things missing are Starz HD (which they added just to test) and Cinemax HD (which I am supposed to get--but don't). It's almost as though they don't exist on the CC.....I only get the grey screen---never any hint that either the channel requires a CC or that it is temporarily not available. It's like it doesn't even try?? Have not gotten any feedback from the installers last week--I thought they might call with a progress report but not yet.
Bill--
rover1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 07:11 PM   #311
Icarus
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Upcountry Maui, Hawaii
Posts: 339
oh, I'm not the only not getting maxhd? Anybody getting it?

-David
Icarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 07:58 PM   #312
Goldwing2001
Goldwing2001
 
Goldwing2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii
Posts: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawaiiTivoLover View Post
So far my TA experience is no good. installers were here 3 1/2 hours til everything worked. But after i restarted the TA later (why is there an on/off switch?) All my sdv channels are grey again. tried restarting both Tivo and TA but no luck. Guess I gotta call Oceanic.
Try unpluging the usb cable from TiVo and re-plug only when the TA has a steady green light (not blinking).

Tony
Goldwing2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 08:43 PM   #313
Goldwing2001
Goldwing2001
 
Goldwing2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii
Posts: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by rover1 View Post
Some progress on my install. The stuttering audio on MGM--1561 is all fixed up. Now the only things missing are Starz HD (which they added just to test) and Cinemax HD (which I am supposed to get--but don't). It's almost as though they don't exist on the CC.....I only get the grey screen---never any hint that either the channel requires a CC or that it is temporarily not available. It's like it doesn't even try?? Have not gotten any feedback from the installers last week--I thought they might call with a progress report but not yet.
Bill--

Hi Bill - My MGM HD is now working fine also. STARZ HD and Cinemax HD is a mystery. As I mentioned, when I called Oceanic Customer service, she told me STARZ HD is not an active channel yet. I wonder what she sees on her computer screen that the install guys don't see or know about?

Tony
Goldwing2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 12:39 AM   #314
Todd B.
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Honolulu, HI
Posts: 46
My install was on Wednesday. It went pretty smoothly. I was able to tune some SDV channels immediately after the TA synced up, but some of them did not come in until I rebooted the TiVo. After the TiVo reboot, everything seems to be working all right for the most part.

I didn't notice any stuttering on 1561 MGM HD, but that may be after they fixed, from what you guys say.

I went through and tested every single channel in my Lineups. You can get your Lineup here:

http://www.timewarnercable.com/Custo...e/Clu/Clu.ashx

I selected my packages (Standard Service, Variety Pak, and HD Entertainment Pak), and then went through every channel marked with maroon ("Not available on CableCARDs"). Unfortunately, for "not available on CC", they don't make a distinction between SDV, on-demand, and interactive channels.

I came up with the following channels not available:

159 America's Auction Network
326 Oiwi
777 Las Vegas Channel
1999 Channel One

Anyone else have problems with those, or know if they are on-demand or interactive?

I have seen the "Temporarily Unavailable" message a couple times. It seems to me that it happens when there is a sync issue with the headend regarding initiating an SDV stream for that channel, and so it either doesn't happen, or the TA doesn't get the frequency information or something like that.

All in all, everything went really well, and is working really well, and I am happier with Oceanic than I have been in a very long time.

Edit: BTW, Starz HD is listed on that channel lineup page.

Last edited by Todd B. : 02-06-2009 at 12:47 AM.
Todd B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 01:19 AM   #315
HawaiiTivoLover
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldwing2001 View Post
Try unpluging the usb cable from TiVo and re-plug only when the TA has a steady green light (not blinking).

Tony
Thanks Goldwing, that solved my problem.
Now I'm worried about what happens after a power outage or if my Tivo decides to freeze up as it does once in a while...will I have to go through this blinking/USB procedure after every incident? I got a few trips coming up and would hate to worry about my Tivo not being able to record sdv channels
HawaiiTivoLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 12:42 AM   #316
spleen93
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 7
My TA install went well - after 1 hour of waiting for the CCs to get hit again by main office, the HD pack finally started coming through. Love watching all the HD channels I've been deprived of until now. Haven't noticed any issues with MGM HD to date but then again, haven't spent much time then.
spleen93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 05:34 PM   #317
Todd B.
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Honolulu, HI
Posts: 46
Be sure you check your Cable bill carefully. This month, besides adding on the HD Entertainment Pak, they inexplicably are now charging me for an "Addressable Box". I will be calling them.

Also, this good news/bad news on the bill. Effective April 1, 2009, Cable Card monthly rate $2.54 (down from $3.10). Bad news: Digital Variety Pak increase by $1.00.

Edit: So, you're probably all going to have to call, because apparently someone in Billing thinks that a Tuning Adapter is an Addressable Box. Someone in Sales was able to clear it up, and she said, yes, it's supposed to be free for a year, and then they haven't decided yet if they'll charge for it after that year.

Last edited by Todd B. : 02-12-2009 at 06:13 PM.
Todd B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 03:21 AM   #318
rover1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Honolulu, HI, USA
Posts: 16
Current situation

Well the 2 missing HD channels....1622 Cinemax HD and 1655 Starz HD are now working.....but.....now all the analog channels have reverted back to horrible reception. 86/87/88/90 are all pixelated and audio is messed up.....the lower channels 2-10 are almost unwatchable.....119 which is really just 19 remapped (per the installer) is a little better but not the almost perfect like it was last week. All those lower channels are perfectly clear on both the Oceanic DVR and the cable direct into TV and also the old Series 2 Tivo so it must have something to do with the new HD Tivo setup.....it's almost like someone in Mililani turned on 1622 and 1655 and turned off the basic channel stuff. My installer called to check on Tuesday and I mentioned the lower channels.....he said he would check some more and get back to me later in the week....hope it is Friday so we can get it set before the weekend. I'm convinced it's something that is (or isn't) being sent from the head end. Couple of steps forward--and a step backward.....but we're getting there.

Bill
rover1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 12:53 PM   #319
bueller555
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd B. View Post
Bad news: Digital Variety Pak increase by $1.00.
I have the Surfpak discount, so my bill isn't detailed, but you have a separate charge for the Digital Variety Pak? Looking at the DVP channels, if they take away my Surfpak discount, I'd probably ask to discontinue my DVP.
bueller555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 01:01 PM   #320
bueller555
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 37
FINALLY got my cablecard and tuning adapter installed. The guys were very cool and got it up and running fairly quickly even though they had very little experience in installing either cablecards or tuning adapters. After inserting the m-card on my Tivo HD, they took some notes from the Tivo setup screen and called it in. The update to the tuning adapter was quick and after the Tivo ran its setup thing, the m-card was working fine, but not the TA. All we did was power off the TA then on again and once the LED was solid green again, the SDV channels started coming through. I haven't checked to see if any channels were missing, but I was just thrilled to have Tivo again. I only noticed that Animal Planet HD was stuttering quite a bit.

The installers also checked my signal strength throughout the house and replaced the exterior cables and splitters to improve the signal. I was very pleased with their service.
bueller555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 03:14 PM   #321
s2krazy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 84
... waiting for them to call me to tell me I'm up soon.....
__________________
Aloha,
Colin
s2krazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 10:39 PM   #322
Todd B.
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Honolulu, HI
Posts: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by bueller555 View Post
I have the Surfpak discount, so my bill isn't detailed, but you have a separate charge for the Digital Variety Pak? Looking at the DVP channels, if they take away my Surfpak discount, I'd probably ask to discontinue my DVP.
Oh. Standard Cable is included with my building, so I only have to pay for extras on top of that. I pay $11 for the Digital Variety Pak (formerly called Digital Cable Service) and $6.95 for HD Ent Pak, and then the Cable Card. I get Internet for free through work.
Todd B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 07:55 PM   #323
Goldwing2001
Goldwing2001
 
Goldwing2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii
Posts: 85
The Saga Continues

Quote:
Originally Posted by rover1 View Post
Well the 2 missing HD channels....1622 Cinemax HD and 1655 Starz HD are now working.....but.....now all the analog channels have reverted back to horrible reception. 86/87/88/90 are all pixelated and audio is messed up.....the lower channels 2-10 are almost unwatchable.....119 which is really just 19 remapped (per the installer) is a little better but not the almost perfect like it was last week. All those lower channels are perfectly clear on both the Oceanic DVR and the cable direct into TV and also the old Series 2 Tivo so it must have something to do with the new HD Tivo setup.....it's almost like someone in Mililani turned on 1622 and 1655 and turned off the basic channel stuff. My installer called to check on Tuesday and I mentioned the lower channels.....he said he would check some more and get back to me later in the week....hope it is Friday so we can get it set before the weekend. I'm convinced it's something that is (or isn't) being sent from the head end. Couple of steps forward--and a step backward.....but we're getting there.

Bill
Hey Bill,
After reading your post, I checked those analog channels you mentioned and the audio/video seem to be fine on my end of the island (Ewa Beach). I also called Oceanic and asked about receiving the Starz HD channel, they told me it's now available. I probably have you to thank you for that..
Hope they get your analog channels working properly soon. Keep me posted.

Thanks Again,
Tony
Goldwing2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 04:18 PM   #324
kbaybob
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 7
Oceanic charges with TiVo instead of their DVR

I received this from Oceanic Time Warner on 11/13/2008. The people you talk to on the phone rarely get the pricing system correct in my experience, so I rely on email correspondence. this reflects about $10 reduction in cost for returning my Oceanic DVR and using a TiVo HD with multistream cable card and tuning adapter (which is free). I still await the tuning adapter which they thought would be delivered to me in January...

Aloha!

The Digital Cable Pak is a package that includes the Standard Cable Service, Digital Cable Service, and equipment rental for one TV. That package would already cover the CableCard rental fee, so there would not be a separate charge for the CableCard with that package. So with that package the charges would be as follows:

> Digital Cable Pak: $52.95 -- 1st TV with CableCard, Tuning Adapter & Digital Cable HBO & Showtime? See highlighted items below
>
> Duplicate Services: $8.00 -- 2nd TV with Digital cable box, Digital Cable, HBO & Showtime
>
> HD Entertainment Pak (2 TVs): $10.45
>
> HBO: $14.95
>
> Showtime: $7.00
>
> Earthlink High Speed: $41.95
>
> FCC User Fee: $0.06
>
> Cable Franchise Fee: $4.11
>
> General Excise Tax: $6.57
>
> -----------------------------------
>
> Total: $146.04
kbaybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 04:22 PM   #325
kbaybob
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 7
Oceanic and QAM

I sent the following to cabletv@dcca.hawaii.gov today, copying my state senator and representative and the governor:

Dear DCCA,

I'm sure by now you have received many complaints and comments about Oceanic Time Warner's service, and that you are aware that the FCC has fined them and their parent company Time Warner for prematurely implementing SDV without proper notice or adjustment. This comment is perhaps somewhat different. Many, if not most of Oceanic's non premium HD and SD channels are available on QAM frequencies, which newer TVs and DVRs can tune to. The problem with Oceanic is that these frequencies (or channel assignments, if you will) change frequently. While the cable companies insist that the reason for this is that they need the flexibility to move things around, I suspect that the real reason is that they want to make it as difficult as possible for consumers to receive the channels without subscribing to the cableco's extra cost services. Oceanic Time Warner has told me on several occasions that their interpretation of the Must Carry rule is that they carry ONE instance of a local broadcaster; not ALL of its transmissions; thus they carry the SD signal in the clear, but make it as inconvenient as possible to receive the HD signal.

I believe your agency should require the franchise holders to provide ALL the signals of local broadcasters on published and stable QAM channels that remain the same so that program guides and customers can always find them. KGMB has been relatively stable at 113.1 for several months, and KITV has been pretty stable at 114.2, but KHNL seems to move back and forth between 83.1 and 83.3, while KHON also moves around between 85.7 and 85.3. The other channels move even more often. Apparently it is also possible for the cablecos to remap the channels to be the same as the OTA channels the broadcasters use without interference, but I don't have a lot of data on that. In any event, it is time for our government to require the cable companies to provide ALL the broadcasts from ALL the local stations and all of their non premium cable broadcasts on published QAM channels that remain the same over time.

Oceanic even refuses to divulge the current QAM frequencies when asked by phone or email. The excuse is because they are constantly changing. They should NOT be constantly changing. They suggest using the channel search function of our TVs or DVRs to find the channels, but that is a multiple hour process that requires first using that function to find the QAM channels, then manually tuning through (currently) over 300 channels that show up on such a search, waiting at least 10 seconds on each one to see if there really is a signal, then trying to determine which station one is watching.
kbaybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 01:02 AM   #326
Todd B.
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Honolulu, HI
Posts: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbaybob View Post
> Earthlink High Speed: $41.95
Ouch. You should call Oceanic and request an ISP change to RoadRunner. With your digital cable package, you should qualify for the $29.10 rate for RoadRunner service.
Todd B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 02:26 AM   #327
HawaiiTivoLover
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd B. View Post
Ouch. You should call Oceanic and request an ISP change to RoadRunner. With your digital cable package, you should qualify for the $29.10 rate for RoadRunner service.
how long is that promotional rate good for?
HawaiiTivoLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 03:14 AM   #328
Todd B.
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Honolulu, HI
Posts: 46
Indefinitely, from what I understand, so long as you have Standard Cable Service. It's to help them price compete with HawaiianTel DSL.

Alternatively, if you have light Internet needs (web browsing and e-mail), you can get the "Road Runner 1.5" service for $24.95 per month. That's 1.5 Mbps down and 384 Kbps up. They don't advertise that service anywhere, but just call and ask for "Road Runner 1.5". It's non-promotional and anyone can get it at any time by asking for it.
Todd B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 06:45 PM   #329
Todd B.
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Honolulu, HI
Posts: 46
I am unable to tune the following channels today. Anyone else having the same problems? I'm in Nuuanu. It ultimately gives up with the error on the screen "This channel is temporarily unavailable. Press SELECT to try tuning to this channel again. Contact your cable provider for more information." I've rebooted both my Tivo HD and TA.

1000 OCSCEN
1337 SCIHD
1453 HMHD
1561 MGMHD
Todd B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 09:12 PM   #330
HawaiiTivoLover
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd B. View Post
I am unable to tune the following channels today. Anyone else having the same problems? I'm in Nuuanu. It ultimately gives up with the error on the screen "This channel is temporarily unavailable. Press SELECT to try tuning to this channel again. Contact your cable provider for more information." I've rebooted both my Tivo HD and TA.

1000 OCSCEN
1337 SCIHD
1453 HMHD
1561 MGMHD
Originally Posted by Goldwing2001
Try unpluging the usb cable from TiVo and re-plug only when the TA has a steady green light (not blinking).
HawaiiTivoLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Forum Jump




Thread Tools


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Advertisements

TiVo Community
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media

(C) 2013 Magenium Solutions - All Rights Reserved. No information may be posted elsewhere without written permission.
TiVoŽ is a registered trademark of TiVo Inc. This site is not owned or operated by TiVo Inc.
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:02 PM.
OUR NETWORK: MyOpenRouter | TechLore | SansaCommunity | RoboCommunity | MediaSmart Home | Explore3DTV | Dijit Community | DVR Playground |