TC CLUB MEMBER
lol
Turtleboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 08:20 PM   #122
steve614
what ru lookin at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nataylor View Post
Don't forget the episode (I don't remember where it was), where the cop chased a stolen car off-road. The cop got stuck and the bad guy got away. Then the cop's car caught on fire and was a total loss.
Just so happens this was on the repeat episode tonight.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 11:00 PM   #123
Neenahboy
Grad stud(ent)

Tonight's was great.

"Take me to jail, please."
"Okay, you're under arrest for possession of marijuana."
"Oh no, can I change my mind?"

Old 11-09-2008, 11:23 AM   #124
nataylor
Curiously Strong

TC CLUB MEMBER
That guy was a TOTAL idiot. The cop was going to let him go, despite the fact he had pot and a pipe and despite the fact he was driving his truck and admitted he was totally drunk.
Old 11-09-2008, 01:09 PM   #125
janry

Can I change my mind. LOL
janry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 01:53 PM   #126
EvilMidniteBombr
what bomz at midnite

I still enjoy watching COPS on occasion. I have a season pass but it one of those that I watch whenever I get around to it.

My favorite tazer moment came when the bad guy was resisting and absolutely would not stop resisting. So, they turned the dog loose on him AND tazered him while the dog was gnawing on dude's leg.

One of my favorite drug arrests was when some guy had been pulled over at a traffic stop. After the officer had asked him to get out of the car, the guy was clearly drunk/high. The officer asked him over and over and over if there were any drugs in the truck or if he had any on him. The driver kept denying any drugs in his possession. While the camera clearly showed a doobie tucked behind the guys ear.

9/11/01... Never Forget.
EvilMidniteBombr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 02:03 PM   #127
EvilMidniteBombr
what bomz at midnite

Quote:
Originally Posted by janry View Post
Don't get me wrong, I find this a highly entertaining TV show , but it is about as staged as a "reality" show can be.
You must have been watching one of the Camden County episodes. For some reason those just seemed too outlandish to be real.

9/11/01... Never Forget.
EvilMidniteBombr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 07:46 AM   #128
rolybert
Here comes Santa

My favorite segments are the car stop ones. Its like a box of chocolates(you never know what you will get)
Personally I don't like the car and foot chases because they take to long. They should speed them up and play the Benny Hill chase music
rolybert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 07:56 AM   #129
Fish Man
Phish Food

I love it when they pound their head or their face against something to simulate having been beaten by the police apparently forgetting that they're on video!!

That trick may work in general, but it's not going to work this time, moron, YOU'RE ON VIDEO!!!

Note that the same guy with the "Take me to jail now, please." tried this "simulated police brutality" nonsense.

LOL!

Fish Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 08:14 AM   #130
janry

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolybert View Post
My favorite segments are the car stop ones. Its like a box of chocolates(you never know what you will get)
Personally I don't like the car and foot chases because they take to long. They should speed them up and play the Benny Hill chase music
I hate the domestic dispute segments. Many times I just speed through them. However, the one whre the couple was having a food fight was a classic.
Old 11-10-2008, 09:13 AM   #131
rolybert
Here comes Santa

Quote:
I hate the domestic dispute segments. Many times I just speed through them. However, the one whre the couple was having a food fight was a classic.
I remember that one.
Wasn't that the one with the guy who's face was covered in flour?

Someday I hope they come out with the 600 hour dvd and I can purchase the whole series on one disk and veg out for a month on Cops Just hook me up to an I.V. and turn on the disk
Old 11-10-2008, 09:18 AM   #132
rolybert
Here comes Santa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Man View Post
I love it when they pound their head or their face against something to simulate having been beaten by the police apparently forgetting that they're on video!!

That trick may work in general, but it's not going to work this time, moron, YOU'RE ON VIDEO!!!

Note that the same guy with the "Take me to jail now, please." tried this "simulated police brutality" nonsense.

LOL!
The one where the guy had the joint on his ear and they kept it from us seeing it till the last minute was great. Hollywood cant come up with funnier stuff.
Old 11-16-2008, 02:24 AM   #133
Neenahboy
Grad stud(ent)

"It's probably not a good idea to be living with your current girlfriend, your current girlfriend's ex-boyfriend, and then the kids - he's calling himself the step-daddy, you feel like you're the step-daddy 'cause you're the new daddy. It gets confusing."

Classic.

And let's not forget the old standby: "I just bought these pants!"

Last edited by Neenahboy : 11-16-2008 at 02:30 AM.
Neenahboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 07:16 AM   #134
Kamakzie
Are you serious bro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neenahboy View Post
"It's probably not a good idea to be living with your current girlfriend, your current girlfriend's ex-boyfriend, and then the kids - he's calling himself the step-daddy, you feel like you're the step-daddy 'cause you're the new daddy. It gets confusing."

Classic.

And let's not forget the old standby: "I just bought these pants!"
When you....... you might be a redneck..
Old 11-16-2008, 05:34 PM   #135
newsposter
Poster of News

that cop at the booze store was just way to rough on those 2 guys at first. just for not listening they take him down? that seemed insane!

but i guess we didnt see him toss the drugs at first

!

monsterjoe - You aren't wrong; spartanstew- I agree with newsposter
newsposter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 09:31 AM   #136
Fish Man
Phish Food

Quote:
Originally Posted by newsposter View Post
that cop at the booze store was just way to rough on those 2 guys at first. just for not listening they take him down? that seemed insane!

but i guess we didnt see him toss the drugs at first
The cop did say that he took him down the way he did because he saw him toss the drugs.

At the time he tossed them, the truck was blocking the camera's point of view. The cop's credibility is bolstered, however, by the fact that a bag of weed was found right next to the door of the booze store, the cop did have a perspective to see him toss it there at that time, and the guy eventually admitted it was his.

The powder cocaine was found near where the driver was running, so it was probably the driver's (who's the one who got charged with it).

And to change the subject to another segment of the show:

As someone already mentioned, you never get tired of the classic, "I just bought these pants."

Old 12-14-2008, 01:17 AM   #137
Neenahboy
Grad stud(ent)

"I may be a ho, but I'm not a crack ho."

Old 12-14-2008, 09:36 AM   #138
Fish Man
Phish Food

Quote:
"I may be a ho, but I'm not a crack ho."

Indeed.

Every year I look forward to the annual "Ho! Ho! Ho!" episode!

Old 12-14-2008, 04:39 PM   #139
newsposter
Poster of News

that one was decent looking compared to most hos out there. Love when they said what is your name so they could try to 'tell the cops' they knew each other.

!

Old 02-01-2009, 01:01 PM   #140
Neenahboy
Grad stud(ent)

The identity theft guy last night was hilarious.
Old 02-01-2009, 02:56 PM   #141
verdugan

Quote:
The identity theft guy last night was hilarious.
Ahh, some of them might not know me. They are leads!

haha, he guy was funny. He should've gone to a Starbucks and he wouldn't have been caught.
verdugan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 07:22 AM   #142
janry

I thought that was rather scary. I'm glad they got the guy but you have wonder how many people do that. I hope they can make the charges stick and lock this guy away for awhile.
Old 02-02-2009, 07:24 AM   #143
hefe
Rebus Philbin

Quote:
COPS: Does TV get any better than this?
Most of the time.

Hefe's a cruel man, but fair.~edhara
That hefe, he's really smart!~Fish Man
hefe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 08:40 AM   #144
Bob Coxner

Quote:
Originally Posted by verdugan View Post
Ahh, some of them might not know me. They are leads!

haha, he guy was funny. He should've gone to a Starbucks and he wouldn't have been caught.
If you go to a Starbucks you don't have access to all those open home networks. That's where he was getting the data.

Out of curiousity, I recently went for a walk around my neighborhood with my laptop. I'm in a rural area with houses on two-acre lots. Despite that I was able to pick up 6 networks other than my own. Of the 6, mine was the ONLY one using encryption. All of the others were wide open, and some had file sharing turned on. I'm tempted to tell my neighbors but since they don't know enough to secure their networks they would probably freak and think I had been hacking them. Lucky for them, I have no desire to mess around with their networks.
DirecTV since 1999
Bob Coxner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 10:51 AM   #145
Fish Man
Phish Food

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Coxner View Post
If you go to a Starbucks you don't have access to all those open home networks. That's where he was getting the data.

Out of curiousity, I recently went for a walk around my neighborhood with my laptop. I'm in a rural area with houses on two-acre lots. Despite that I was able to pick up 6 networks other than my own. Of the 6, mine was the ONLY one using encryption. All of the others were wide open, and some had file sharing turned on. I'm tempted to tell my neighbors but since they don't know enough to secure their networks they would probably freak and think I had been hacking them. Lucky for them, I have no desire to mess around with their networks.
I guess my neighbors are fairly savvy.

I can pick up about 5 networks (4 besides my own) inside my house and ALL of them are using WPA (the better of the two encryptions, WEP can be broken in seconds with the proper software). If you go outside on the patio, there's a weak one that's barely detectable, that's wide open. So, one clueless neighbor out of 5. Not bad!

As to the original thread topic:

Yep, that was one of the better segments on COPS!

Old 02-02-2009, 11:01 AM   #146
Neenahboy
Grad stud(ent)

Quote:
Just ran the same test myself. Able to see 15 networks not counting my own (which is WPA2). 13 of them have WPA2, 2 of them have WEP. Not bad!
Old 02-02-2009, 11:59 AM   #147
DAccardi
Tivo Special Member

I actually saw an episode where the thief got away. They were chasing a stolen car and the car led them on a dead end road, they both hopped out ran, hopped a few fences. gone. Only episode that really stuck because every other one i saw the criminal got caught. Great show.
DAccardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 12:51 PM   #148
LoadStar
LOAD"*",8,1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAccardi View Post
I actually saw an episode where the thief got away. They were chasing a stolen car and the car led them on a dead end road, they both hopped out ran, hopped a few fences. gone. Only episode that really stuck because every other one i saw the criminal got caught. Great show.
An episode that ran relatively recently resulted in the guy getting away as well... they were chasing a guy driving a pickup truck... the chase ended up going offroad. The patrol car got stuck then actually caught on fire... before you know it, the entire patrol car was incinerated.
LoadStar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 12:59 PM   #149
janry

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoadStar View Post
An episode that ran relatively recently resulted in the guy getting away as well... they were chasing a guy driving a pickup truck... the chase ended up going offroad. The patrol car got stuck then actually caught on fire... before you know it, the entire patrol car was incinerated.

If I recall correctly, and it was mentioned earlier in this thread, the guy they were chasing got caught moments later by another cop.

There was an episode where a cop was chasing an off-road motorcyclist and tried to follow him down some railroad tracks. the cop's car got jammed up in the tracks. They had to radio the railroad to stop trains and then they had to use a wrecker to snatch cop's car off the tracks. The motorcyclist got away.
Old 02-03-2009, 08:09 AM   #150
newsposter
Poster of News

Quote:

Out of curiousity, I recently went for a walk around my neighborhood with my laptop. .
that must have looked funny

!