TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-29-2009, 07:35 PM   #271
Yoav

Quote:
Originally Posted by windracer View Post
Do you get thumbnails when FF'ing? I just noticed I get a gray screen with just the timecode in it so I'm wondering if my instructions are still lacking.
should be able to get around that by setting

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib

(or wherever you have ffmpeg's libs) in the environment...

(I think if you set -Djava.lib when launching java it still wont work since there are interdependencies that the ld.so will not find).
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Yoav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 09:20 PM   #272
ajayabb

Quote:
Do you get thumbnails when FF'ing? I just noticed I get a gray screen with just the timecode in it so I'm wondering if my instructions are still lacking.
Nope No Thumbnails for me either

2 Roamio Plus Tivos
1 Tivo Mini
Running Pytivo and Streambaby
ajayabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 07:14 AM   #273
windracer
joined the 10k club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoav View Post

That didn't seem to work either. Not a big deal for me personally, but I should probably figure out why it's not working.

|
windracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 10:43 AM   #274
Yoav

Quote:
That didn't seem to work either. Not a big deal for me personally, but I should probably figure out why it's not working.
I'm curious. Do you have ffmpeg built statically or using shared libs? And if using shared libs where are they stored?
if my memory of linux is still working, I believe you can check that by typing
Code:
 ldd <path to ffmpeg>
Go into the streambaby directory, edit simplelog.properties, and replace the words 'Warn' with 'debug'. It should at least try and give you some more useful info...

(you need the shared libs to be loaded by streambaby for the preview icons to work immediately.. otherwise it will rely on ffmpeg to generate preview images, which can take a while -- and until that's done you will see the gray box with the clock).

Last edited by Yoav : 01-30-2009 at 01:01 PM.
Old 01-30-2009, 12:46 PM   #275
kearygriffin

Quote:

(or wherever you have ffmpeg's libs) in the environment...

(I think if you set -Djava.lib when launching java it still wont work since there are interdependencies that the ld.so will not find).
I did try to work-around the need for this, and I think at least in Linux the work around works(?). I load the ffmpeg libraries in the order libavutil, libavcodec, and then libavformat. By loading them in this order from specific locations, I think (hope?) that the correct versions will always get loaded. util has no dependencies, codec depends only on util, and format depends on util and codec. By manually loading in a specific order, by the time ld.so was looking for the inter-dependency, it would already have loaded the library it was looking for(?) from the correct location.

This seemed (at the time I was playing with it) to work for me.

But people who are having problems, please do try the LD_LIBRARY_PATH approach and see if it works.
kearygriffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 12:49 PM   #276
Sicklybutsexy

I have an mpeg that won't stream over unless ffmpeg is working (which means it is transcoding it when it shouldn't be). I confirmed this by deleting ffmpeg after noting that it was running while I was transferring. In pyTivo it does not transcode the file but "streams" it over. Any ideas:

Format : MPEG-PS
FileSize/String : 3.99 GiB
Duration/String : 1h 15mn
OverallBitRate/String : 7 585 Kbps

Video
ID/String : 224 (0xE0)
Format : MPEG Video
Format_Version : Version 2
Format_Profile : Main@High-1440
Format_Settings_Matrix/String : Default
BitRate_Mode/String : Variable
BitRate/String : 6 610 Kbps
BitRate_Nominal/String : 9 000 Kbps
Width/String : 1 280 pixels
Height/String : 688 pixels
DisplayAspectRatio/String : 16/9
FrameRate/String : 25.000 fps
Colorimetry : 4:2:0
ScanType/String : Progressive
Bits-(Pixel*Frame) : 0.300

Audio
ID/String : 128 (0x80)
Format : AC-3
Format/Info : Audio Coding 3
BitRate_Mode/String : Constant
BitRate/String : 448 Kbps
Channel(s)/String : 6 channels
ChannelPositions : Front: L C R, Surround: L R, LFE
SamplingRate/String : 48.0 KHz

Menu
Format : DVD-Video
Sicklybutsexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 12:57 PM   #277
kearygriffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicklybutsexy View Post
I have an mpeg that won't stream over unless ffmpeg is working (which means it is transcoding it when it shouldn't be). I confirmed this by deleting ffmpeg after noting that it was running while I was transferring. In pyTivo it does not transcode the file but "streams" it over. Any ideas:
Is it possible to post the output of:
ffmpeg -i myfile.mpg

For the problematic file. My guess is that for some reason I'm not parsing the output of ffmpeg correctly for this file

And just so I don't have to bother you again if this doesn't give enough information, if you edit simplelog.properties and change the first line to:
com.unwiredappeal=debug

And then rerun streambaby and try to play the problematic file. The open streambaby.log and look for the the following section:
FFmpegXXXXVideoModule: VideoInfo:
uri: file:/home/keary/videos/hb2.m4v, Container: mp4, Duration: 1641.606 seconds
Video: h264 640x480 29.97002997002997 fps
PixAspect: 1.0, Aspect: 1.3333334
Audio: ac3 48000HZ 2 channels

where uri is your file, and post that also. (XXXX might be Exe or Java depending on your setup)

Thanks
Old 01-30-2009, 01:01 PM   #278
kearygriffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by westside_guy View Post
Well, thing is - tivostream doesn't have this problem with the exact same files. So it's apparently due to something streambaby is doing differently than tivostream did.
I do think I made it better (nxt version) with the files you provided me (thanks). I made the mp4 code do less processing if the start position is 0. (and the problems seemed to all related seeking anywhere near the beginning of the file). I don't get the green/blocky-ness most of the time, but occasionally (1 in 5/10?) I still get it.
Old 01-30-2009, 01:04 PM   #279
Yoav

Quote:
Originally Posted by kearygriffin View Post
I do think I made it better (nxt version) with the files you provided me (thanks). I made the mp4 code do less processing if the start position is 0. (and the problems seemed to all related seeking anywhere near the beginning of the file). I don't get the green/blocky-ness most of the time, but occasionally (1 in 5/10?) I still get it.
Oh, since I'm not sure if you're keeping up with the pyTivoX threads, I'll mention it here. I was using the latest streambaby (via svn) and people were complaining that after 5 minutes their stream was dropped (always.. even live playing ones -- not just paused). I assume you're aware / working on a fix? Can you mention when you check in a fix?

Thanks!!

Old 01-30-2009, 01:10 PM   #280
Sicklybutsexy

here is what the log shows, thanks:

01/30/09 13:07:00 FFmpegExeVideoModule: FFmpegCmd: C:\Users\jay\Downloads\streambaby-0.19a\streambaby-0.19a\native\ffmpeg.exe -i C:\Users\jay\Videos\HD Movies\itsanmp4.mpg
01/30/09 13:07:01 FFmpegExeVideoModule: VideoInfo:
uri: file:/C:/Users/jay/Videos/HD%20Movies/itsanmp4.mpg, Container: mpeg, Duration: 4513.82 seconds
Video: mp2v 1280x688 0.0 fps
PixAspect: 0.95555556, Aspect: 1.7777778
Audio: ac3 48000HZ 0 channels
01/30/09 13:07:01 HostContext: key=mpos:file:/C:/Users/jay/Videos/HD%20Movies/itsanmp4.mpg applicationId=com.unwiredappeal.tivo.streambaby.StreamBabySt ream applicationGlobal=false
Old 01-30-2009, 01:25 PM   #281
kearygriffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicklybutsexy View Post
here is what the log shows, thanks:

01/30/09 13:07:00 FFmpegExeVideoModule: FFmpegCmd: C:\Users\jay\Downloads\streambaby-0.19a\streambaby-0.19a\native\ffmpeg.exe -i C:\Users\jay\Videos\HD Movies\itsanmp4.mpg
01/30/09 13:07:01 FFmpegExeVideoModule: VideoInfo:
uri: file:/C:/Users/jay/Videos/HD%20Movies/itsanmp4.mpg, Container: mpeg, Duration: 4513.82 seconds
Video: mp2v 1280x688 0.0 fps
PixAspect: 0.95555556, Aspect: 1.7777778
Audio: ac3 48000HZ 0 channels
01/30/09 13:07:01 HostContext: key=mpos:file:/C:/Users/jay/Videos/HD%20Movies/itsanmp4.mpg applicationId=com.unwiredappeal.tivo.streambaby.StreamBabySt ream applicationGlobal=false
That all looks fine (well, the fps and channels are wrong, but that should be fixed in the next version and doesn't get used in the current version).

So my current guess is this:
1) You can't delete FFmpeg. If you delete ffmpeg then streambaby won't be able to use it to get the length, type, etc of the videos, so this is why the video won't play at all when you delete it.
2) The reason ffmpeg was running in the background when you tried to play the video, was not because it was transcoding it, but because it was generating the thumbnails for preview mode. You can disable the autogeneration of thumbnails by setting in streambaby.ini:
preview.autogenerate=false
Old 01-30-2009, 01:28 PM   #282
Sicklybutsexy

Quote:
That all looks fine (well, the fps and channels are wrong, but that should be fixed in the next version and doesn't get used in the current version).

So my current guess is this:
1) You can't delete FFmpeg. If you delete ffmpeg then streambaby won't be able to use it to get the length, type, etc of the videos, so this is why the video won't play at all when you delete it.
2) The reason ffmpeg was running in the background when you tried to play the video, was not because it was transcoding it, but because it was generating the thumbnails for preview mode. You can disable the autogeneration of thumbnails by setting in streambaby.ini:
preview.autogenerate=false

Ah. That would explain the fact that ffmpeg wasn't working very hard. thanks again.
Old 01-30-2009, 02:35 PM   #283
windracer
joined the 10k club

Quote:
I'm curious. Do you have ffmpeg built statically or using shared libs? And if using shared libs where are they stored?
Here's what ldd gives me:
Code:
windracer@zhaan:~$ ldd /usr/bin/ffmpeg
        linux-gate.so.1 =>  (0xb7f08000)
        libz.so.1 => /usr/lib/libz.so.1 (0xb7ecc000)
        libm.so.6 => /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libm.so.6 (0xb7ea6000)
        libfaac.so.0 => /usr/lib/libfaac.so.0 (0xb7e93000)
        libfaad.so.0 => /usr/lib/libfaad.so.0 (0xb7e53000)
        libmp3lame.so.0 => /usr/lib/libmp3lame.so.0 (0xb7dbe000)
        libtheora.so.0 => /usr/lib/libtheora.so.0 (0xb7d73000)
        libvorbisenc.so.2 => /usr/lib/libvorbisenc.so.2 (0xb7c79000)
        libvorbis.so.0 => /usr/lib/libvorbis.so.0 (0xb7c4f000)
        libxvidcore.so.4 => /usr/lib/libxvidcore.so.4 (0xb7b36000)
        libdl.so.2 => /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libdl.so.2 (0xb7b32000)
        libpthread.so.0 => /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libpthread.so.0 (0xb7b19000)
        libc.so.6 => /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libc.so.6 (0xb79bb000)
        /lib/ld-linux.so.2 (0xb7eee000)
        libogg.so.0 => /usr/lib/libogg.so.0 (0xb79b5000)
I'll try the LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib again tonight along with the debug logging.

|
Old 01-30-2009, 04:34 PM   #284
kearygriffin

Streambaby V0.20beta

Streambaby V0.20beta
has been released. I'm calling it beta, as there are some core changes and I consider it more of a beta than usual.

You can check out the complete change list here:
ChangeLog

As I alluded to in an earlier message, the icon's have changed by default, as I was nervous about a couple of licensing issues. (The icons license gives permission to use in open source, but I am unsure of compatibility with GPL/google code/etc)
The icons are stored now in the assets directory of streambaby, and can be changed using the following ini settings:
icon.icon=, icon.folder=, and icon.movie=. FIlenames are relative to the assets dir

The main feautre that has been added is actually disabled by default (I may enable it in the next/future version, but I wanted to get reaction first).
This feature is the ability to select a quality from the "play" screen. When enabled, it allows you to select a quality/bitrate to stream at. Only bitrates that are less than the bitrate of the movie are shown.
Same=Stream at same quality as original (i.e. stream straight to tivo or use -sameq)
(Note: There are settings in the INI to enable Auto quality, but it is non-functional yet. Auto=determine bandwidth automatically)

Note: People who have changed their default ffmpegexe.transcode line should remove any reference to bitrate/quality (i.e. -bitrate or -sameq) from the line, even if they do not enable the new quality features.
The quality is now set by changing ffmpegexe.transcode.sameqargs= and ffmpegexe.transcode.qualityargs. sameqargs is used for "same" quality (default), quality is used for diffrent bitrates.

See a more complete description here:
QualitySettings

Other features that people asked for in no particular order (and not complete) that are in this version:
INI settings for: not caching password, not ignoring files beginning with a dot, jumping straight to the first folder (dir.1) if it is the only one.
minimal .tivo file support (although I don't think it will be useful)
alpha cutlist support (EDL files)-- Let me know how it goes, if it doesn't work well I may have to remove it. Accuracy may be off by too much to be useful.

Make sure to check out the new INI settings for some of the new features:
New for 0.020

Still to do, in no particular order (and no guarantees that I dont go in a completely different direction...)
1. metadata support/better "info"
2. auto-quality support
3. easier/better galleon integration? Probably won't do complete config at this point.
Note: I'm a little worried I made galleon support worse in this version, if so, sorry.

Also note, I've stopped uploading the -src distribution, as the latest source should always be available in SVN.
Old 01-30-2009, 04:36 PM   #285
Yoav

Quote:
Here's what ldd gives me:
Ok nothing will help there
your ffmpeg is linked statically to the ffmpeg libraries ( libavutil, libavcodec, etc are not listed as
shared libraries to find -- ergo they are statically linked into the ffmpeg binary)

you will need to get those shared libs from somewhere to make it work.
Did you get ffmpeg from a package? did you build it?

Last edited by Yoav : 01-30-2009 at 06:29 PM.
Old 01-30-2009, 06:58 PM   #286
Emillion

Exclamation Error in 0.20

# An unexpected error has been detected by Java Runtime Environment:
#
# EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x78010aa8, pid=1100, tid=2784
#
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (10.0-b23 mixed mode, sharing windows-x86)
# Problematic frame:
# C [msvcrt.dll+0x10aa8]
VM Arguments:
jvm_args: -Xmx256m
java_command: C:\Program Files\StreamBaby\/jbin/streambaby.jar
Launcher Type: SUN_STANDARD
--------------- S Y S T E M ---------------

0.18 did not have this error, any ideas? Firewall, JRE?

Great app - loved tivostream, love this,
Thank you
Emillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 07:18 PM   #287
kearygriffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emillion View Post
# An unexpected error has been detected by Java Runtime Environment:
At what point did you receive this error? As soon as streambaby was started, or at some point later on (like when attempting to play a particular video, etc..)

Thanks
Old 01-30-2009, 07:34 PM   #288
Yoav

(bug report removed)
edit Ok it looks more complicated than my post.
It seems some inputs can be resampled 5.1 -> 2, others can't.. let me see if I can figure out what's going on.

Ok:
5.1 AAC -> 2 AC3 is not doable
5.1 AC3 -> 2 AC3 works

So, <grumble> it *shouldn't* matter, but I guess input encoding does. I guess 'screw it' for now. Easier to keep things as h.264/ac3 than worry about this crap.. . I'm going to set my 2channel default to 0 to avoid worrying about this.

Last edited by Yoav : 01-30-2009 at 07:40 PM.
Old 01-30-2009, 07:56 PM   #289
kearygriffin

Quote:
(bug report removed)
edit Ok it looks more complicated than my post.
It seems some inputs can be resampled 5.1 -> 2, others can't.. let me see if I can figure out what's going on.

Ok:
5.1 AAC -> 2 AC3 is not doable
5.1 AC3 -> 2 AC3 works

So, <grumble> it *shouldn't* matter, but I guess input encoding does. I guess 'screw it' for now. Easier to keep things as h.264/ac3 than worry about this crap.. . I'm going to set my 2channel default to 0 to avoid worrying about this.
<grumble> is right. I just tested with my newer version of ffmpeg (SVN from mid-december) and have the same issue with resampling. The older ffmpeg that ships with my Ubuntu 8.10 happily resamples 5.1 aac -> 2 ac3.

I'll either drop the 2-channel option completely, or more than likely just make the default 0 like you in the next rev, just in case this gets changed/fixed in ffmpeg at some point.
Old 01-30-2009, 09:12 PM   #290
windracer
joined the 10k club

Quote:
Did you get ffmpeg from a package? did you build it?
Built it myself, yah.

I'm going to try the new version, see what happens.

|
Old 01-30-2009, 09:28 PM   #291
Yoav

Quote:
Built it myself, yah.

I'm going to try the new version, see what happens.
Just make sure to use the --enable-shared flag when you run configure.
That will build the binary using shared libs.. then run 'make install' to put the shared libs into /usr/local/lib and the app into /usr/local/bin

(or whatever.. just if you use --prefix, make sure wherever you put it is a location ld.so knows to look for libs in)

Old 01-30-2009, 09:41 PM   #292
windracer
joined the 10k club

I meant I was going to try the new version of streambaby, not ffmpeg.

I might try recompiling ffmpeg at some point, but right now I've got it just the way I like it. I can live without thumbnails while FF'ing.

|
Old 01-30-2009, 09:57 PM   #293
jasa

I just tested new version and it looks that it is more developed than older version version and overall tivo recognition is better plus time out has been fixed, all of this are good, but flv video sound sucks((( I just hear some funny voices probably a audio codec issue.

I think only problem as of now is support for file types, and since this is based on ffmpeg you should not have much trouble adding full list of file types such as 3gp and so on )))

In general I just wanted to say that program rocks and thanks again

I do not get why people want to integrate this with galleon??? whats the big deal???

I think it works better on its own, or at least from my experience galleon and streambaby do not run as smoothly together.
jasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 10:04 PM   #294
windracer
joined the 10k club

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasa View Post
I do not get why people want to integrate this with galleon??? whats the big deal???
a) because we can
b) because I don't need multiple java services running on my server listening on multiple ports requiring multiple startup scripts when I can do it all in one "container"

|
Old 01-30-2009, 10:05 PM   #295
Yoav

Aspect issue

Ok Keary. commentary?:

Toying around with some videos, I've noticed that if I supply -s 1920x1080, videos are always 'fitted to the screen correctly'. 1.85 movies have bars above/below. 1.33 movies have bars to left/right. 1.66 fit just right.

If I let streambaby select the resolution, 'stretching' occurs. And it's 'weird'. some 1.33 films are stretched to fit. Some 1.66 films are letterboxed. etc..

So, I thought maybe supplying an -aspect flag would help.. While it helps some (16:9 films, when I use -aspect 1, work) it's not a fixer. I was thinking that maybe for particular resolutions, tivo just does its own thing with aspect ratios and ignores the PAR/DAR values? I figure someone must have come across this issue with pyTivo?

Anyways, here's an example 4:3 encode:
Code:
Input #0, matroska, from '/Volumes/External Disk/movies/Cartoons/Shrek_2.mkv':
  Duration: 01:32:24.68, start: 0.000000, bitrate: N/A
    Stream #0.0(eng): Video: h264, yuv420p, 720x478, PAR 8:9 DAR 320:239, 23.98 tb(r)
    Stream #0.1(eng): Audio: ac3, 48000 Hz, 5.1, s16
and from the log:
Code:
uri: file:/Volumes/External%20Disk/movies/Cartoons/Shrek_2.mkv, Container: mkv, Duration: 5544.689 seconds
Video: h264 720x478 23.976023976023978 fps
  PixAspect: 1.0, Aspect: 1.5062761
(note that the the computed PixAspect and Aspect values are wrong).

Ideas?

Old 01-30-2009, 10:06 PM   #296
windracer
joined the 10k club

Quote:
Note: I'm a little worried I made galleon support worse in this version, if so, sorry.
Actually, I think you made it better/easier! I've updated my post with the steps in it.

Somehow, I'm getting thumbnails when FF'ing now as well! Maybe due to the improved/streamlined setup (thanks to the streambaby.dir setting).

I can also confirm that ignore.dotfiles and toplevel.skip work beautifully. Thanks!

|

Last edited by windracer : 01-30-2009 at 10:22 PM.
Old 01-30-2009, 10:10 PM   #297
Yoav

Quote:
Actually, I think you made it better/easier! I'm going to update my post with the steps in it.

Somehow, I'm getting thumbnails when FF'ing now as well! Maybe due to the improved/streamlined setup (thanks to the streambaby.dir setting).

I can also confirm that ignore.dotfiles and toplevel.skip work beautifully. Thanks!
re:thumbnails:
If you have the shared libs, they are always 'working'. If you don't, then it will generate (quietly, in the background) thumbnail icons. If you wait long enough before fast forwarding, it will have them all ready and you won't know a thing has changed. However, if you try early enough -- before the relevant ones have been generated, you will get a gray thumbnail.

Old 01-30-2009, 10:23 PM   #298
windracer
joined the 10k club

Ok, that explains what I'm seeing then.

I found this in my logs, so it would seem you're right (not that I doubted you ):

Code:
INFO   | jvm 1    | 2009/01/30 23:11:16 | 01/31/09 04:11:16 FFmpegJavaVideoModule: Unable to load FFmpeg native libraries
I guess a rebuild of ffmpeg is next on my to do list ... maybe this weekend.

|
Old 01-30-2009, 10:41 PM   #299
westside_guy
Annoyingly ephemeral

Hmm, streaming w/ 0.20beta on my Mac (using Java 1.6), video in the one animated show I watched would start and stop - animation wasn't smooth, in other words, like it was dropping a a bunch of frames every so often. Audio seemed fine (smooth). I then tried watching the same show with 0.19a and didn't see any problems with audio or video.
westside_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 10:48 PM   #300
bluehz

Upgraded to 0.20 on Ubuntu 8.10 server running through galleon and no go. As soon as I hit the StreamBaby, Stream menu item I get this in the logs:

23:46:08,674 INFO [Acceptor] AppHost - Current resolution is: com.tivo.hme.sdk.Resolution[640x480-PAR=1/1]
23:46:08,687 INFO [Acceptor] AppHost - HME receiver disconnected
23:46:08,705 INFO [Acceptor] AppHost - connection to receiver closed
23:46:08,706 INFO [Acceptor] AppHost - Unexpected error: java.lang.NullPointerException

FWIW - streambaby standalone 0.20 runs just fine. Any suggestions windracer?

Last edited by bluehz : 01-30-2009 at 10:56 PM. Reason: Addendum
bluehz is offline   Reply With Quote