TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-18-2008, 10:37 PM   #961
dolphin

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainwater View Post
So who is going to train the techs to work with each cable company? Either way you will end up with a cable tech that knows nothing about cablecards or a cablecard tech that knows nothing about the cable company.
Who trains the subcontractors now? It would be the same people. In this scenario, Geek Squad (or similar) would get trained in TiVo-ness by TiVo, and in cable by the same subcontractor trainers. The difference here is that you'd have someone who is on your side when something doesn't work, rather than throwing up their hands and blaming the hardware. Plus, hopefully, the person would have more of a "TiVo culture".
dolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 07:54 PM   #962
mgchan

Just picked up a TiVo HD, and called Charter for a Cable Card appointment. The woman sounded decently knowledgeable about the cards, though she did assume it was for a TV, and I didn't bother getting into it with her about it being a TiVo. I'm crossing my fingers that the tech will install it - I've printed out the TiVo instructions and will have my computer open to this site as well as the TiVo site when he arrives.
mgchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 01:55 PM   #963
mgchan

Well, no luck. Guy came and tried 2 M cards that he couldn't get paired, and 2 S cards one of which said it had to update the firmware. Of course he didn't want to wait up to an hour for it to update. Ended up re-scheduling for Saturday, we'll see if it makes any difference. Wish he could leave a card and let me try to pair it but of course he wouldn't do that.

Wouldn't be such a big deal if I could figure out a way to access even the unencrypted HD channels. I can watch them on my TV without the cable box.
Old 12-24-2008, 10:44 PM   #964
pops_porter

Sounds like you are par for the course when it comes to how many visits it takes Charter to get it right. I took two appointments and they got it to work. In my area it sounds like there is 1 guy that knows how to do cablecard pairings. When he came on the second visit, he used the cablescards I had from the first Charter visit and had them working in 10 minuts. Good luck!
pops_porter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 10:56 PM   #965
mgchan

Yeah, I wasn't expecting much. The guy tried to call someone else to come help but I guess they were off today. He did get a hold of someone else who said they were having a lot of broken Cable Cards. I think either a) they are just consistently not doing it right, or b) they have cards that have old firmware and just keep trying to use the same broken ones.

If the next guy can't do it, I'll try to talk him into leaving the card with me (they would leave it here if it worked, wouldn't they?). I feel like he just put the cards in, called for the signal, and when it didn't work he just gave up. I'm pretty sure I saw some errors on the main cable card info screen, which he just ignored.

I did upgrade the hard drive - this shouldn't affect the Cable Card pairing, right?
Old 12-28-2008, 10:56 AM   #966
kjmcdonald

DOes Charter have working Multi Stream cards yet?

Hi all,

I have 2 series 3's, with 4 single stream cards total (2 in each). Charter bills me $8/month for all 4.

I thought I'd check in here to see what others have found before I braved the ignorance and runaround that Charter Customer service will give me.

If Multistream cards are available then I can hopefully get that 8$ cut down to 4$

Anyone have any luck using both tuners with only one CalbeCARD?

-Kyle
kjmcdonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 11:40 AM   #967
TromboneKenny
Focused, yet blurry

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjmcdonald View Post
I have 2 series 3's, with 4 single stream cards total (2 in each). Charter bills me $8/month for all 4.

Anyone have any luck using both tuners with only one CalbeCARD?
One of the differences between the S3 and the HD is M-Card support. The S3s don't have it (or at least they don't support the multi-stream functionality). Even if Charter in your area has M-Cards, you'll need two to get dual tuner functionality in the S3.
TiVo branded 20G iPod from referrals -- hard drive died
TromboneKenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 03:43 PM   #968
kjmcdonald

Quote:
Originally Posted by TromboneKenny View Post
One of the differences between the S3 and the HD is M-Card support. The S3s don't have it (or at least they don't support the multi-stream functionality). Even if Charter in your area has M-Cards, you'll need two to get dual tuner functionality in the S3.
Really? I've been away from TCF for a while, so I hadn't heard that before.
Is there more info or discussion about that here somewhere?

I ask because I remember that Mcard support was one of the things Tivo promised about the S3 right from the beginning. I'll be pretty disappointed if that runs out to be vaporware.

-Kyle
Old 01-06-2009, 01:30 PM   #969
kjmcdonald

Got a letter from Charter...

Saying they'll be converting to SDV in Febuary, and I should call to get my Tuning adapter.

The tuning adapter is a free monthly lease - at least for the first one, we'll have to see what happenns when I tell them I have 2 Tivo's.

Interestingly enough, they say if I don't get the tuning adapter, they'll stop changing me for the CableCARDs I have, since they realize they'll be useless.

Over all I was pleasantly surprised at their pro-activeness, and how they passed on the chance to bilk me for yet more money.

-Kyle
Old 01-06-2009, 05:24 PM   #970
shrike4242

Quote:
Saying they'll be converting to SDV in Febuary, and I should call to get my Tuning adapter.

The tuning adapter is a free monthly lease - at least for the first one, we'll have to see what happenns when I tell them I have 2 Tivo's.

Interestingly enough, they say if I don't get the tuning adapter, they'll stop changing me for the CableCARDs I have, since they realize they'll be useless.

Over all I was pleasantly surprised at their pro-activeness, and how they passed on the chance to bilk me for yet more money.

-Kyle
Thanks for the info about them going to SDV. I'm calling them now and see if that's in my area as well. If so, I'm curious to hear what they have to say for the five tuning adapters I'll need for the current two HD Tivo's I have, and the three others I'm going to get over the course of the next month.

Just got off the phone with Charter, and they say it's a pilot program in MA and CT to start with in February. Though, through the course of 2009, they're going to be rolling it out to the rest of the country.

Like you said above, when this happens, they'll be mailing customers with CableCards a notice 30 days in advance letting them know of the change, and that they'll need to pick up their tuning adapters for each Tivo they have. There wasn't any pricing listed for the tuning adapters, though they're guessing that it should be priced like CableCards, not like cable boxes.

Last edited by shrike4242 : 01-06-2009 at 05:38 PM.
shrike4242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 07:16 PM   #971
kjmcdonald

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrike4242 View Post
Thanks for the info about them going to SDV. I'm calling them now and see if that's in my area as well. If so, I'm curious to hear what they have to say for the five tuning adapters I'll need for the current two HD Tivo's I have, and the three others I'm going to get over the course of the next month.

Just got off the phone with Charter, and they say it's a pilot program in MA and CT to start with in February. Though, through the course of 2009, they're going to be rolling it out to the rest of the country.

Like you said above, when this happens, they'll be mailing customers with CableCards a notice 30 days in advance letting them know of the change, and that they'll need to pick up their tuning adapters for each Tivo they have. There wasn't any pricing listed for the tuning adapters, though they're guessing that it should be priced like CableCards, not like cable boxes.
Yeah. I was going to ask where you were, before you edited the post.
I probably should have mentioned that they siad "in your area" (I'm in MA) in the letter. - Sorry - Didn't mean to get anyone's hopes up.

-Kyle
Old 01-07-2009, 11:18 AM   #972
shrike4242

Quote:
Yeah. I was going to ask where you were, before you edited the post.
I probably should have mentioned that they siad "in your area" (I'm in MA) in the letter. - Sorry - Didn't mean to get anyone's hopes up.

-Kyle
Sorry, forgot to put my location in my profile. Fixed that now. I'm in the Saint Louis, MO area, home of Charter.

I'm surprised they're not rolling it out here in their backyard first, and then to other parts of the country.

I wasn't getting my hopes up with the SDV news, though I'd rather make the jump to SDV with tuning adapters and not have to deal with CableCards and the $30 required truck roll for the install on them for a short period of time.
Old 01-07-2009, 01:00 PM   #973
hank12345

Quote:
Sorry, forgot to put my location in my profile. Fixed that now. I'm in the Saint Louis, MO area, home of Charter.

I'm surprised they're not rolling it out here in their backyard first, and then to other parts of the country.

I wasn't getting my hopes up with the SDV news, though I'd rather make the jump to SDV with tuning adapters and not have to deal with CableCards and the $30 required truck roll for the install on them for a short period of time.
According to the letter I received, both the tuning adapter and truck roll is free... I am scheduled for the tuning adapter install this Saturday.... We will see what happens...
hank12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 02:07 PM   #974
shrike4242

Quote:
Originally Posted by hank12345 View Post
According to the letter I received, both the tuning adapter and truck roll is free... I am scheduled for the tuning adapter install this Saturday.... We will see what happens...
Good luck with that. I hope it'll be painless.

From the rep I spoke with, she indicated that the tuning adapter shouldn't need a truck roll, and that it would be a cable-box like setup, where they have to hit the tuning adapter from their side to enable/activate it, or put in the SN from the tuning adapter to make it live.
Old 01-08-2009, 08:41 PM   #975
wgary

Quote:
Good luck with that. I hope it'll be painless.
Ummm, just a reality check here. We are talking about CHARTER COMMUNICATIONS, right? But one can always hope.
wgary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 09:03 AM   #976
hank12345

Quote:
Originally Posted by wgary View Post
Ummm, just a reality check here. We are talking about CHARTER COMMUNICATIONS, right? But one can always hope.
Heh... I know.. but for some reason they seem to be on top of this one.... They have "Partnered" with Tivo to identify folks with both Charter and Tivo, fee install and tuning adapter...

I'm willing to bet it will all go south tomorrow, when/if the installer shows up, but we will see...

Charter's prices are killing me right now-- the only thing keeping me is my love for Tivo... If this SDV switchover is as big of a disaster as I fear it will be, I'll start looking at Direct TV and Dish Network.... I'll keep basic service and internet, and keep the Tivo running i guess....
Old 01-10-2009, 02:26 PM   #977
hank12345

OK-- so not so bad... the guy came, said I was his fourth today, 1 worked 2 did not... He asked if I wanted to reschedule, as the tuning Adapter "is a disaster"

I asked him to give it a try, he agreed, and after about an hour it was up and running.

First we attached the cable to the adapter, then from adapter to the Tivo, then the usb cable. plugged it the power, and the thing starts a green light blinking 8 times, pauses then 8 times again.

the guy claims this is good-- any other color or combo means it would not work...

He calls it into Charter, reads the numbers off the back of the box, and they "Hit" it.

I navigated to the "tuning adapter" page under settings on the Tivo, to see if anything would happen...

He hangs up and we wait.... after a couple of min. the thing shuts itself off... He turned it back on, and we had a solid green light... and a crapload of info pops up on the "tuning adapter" page on the screen...

As far as I can tell everything is working as expected-- We'll see what happens when they actually switch to SDV...

The guy told me that the first he even head about the tuning adapter was Wednesday, and that they received NO training on how to install them.

He said a bunch of guys were installing the adapters, and then taking the cable cards with them--- thinking it was a cable card replacement!
Old 01-17-2009, 12:16 PM   #978
Jove

Charter came out and installed the M series Cable Card, which was a success, but my HD Fox Chanel is coming in on the HB PBS channel and was told that the channel map on the card is outdated and it may take several months before the company Charter goes through updates the list.
Jove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 12:34 PM   #979
rainwater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jove View Post
Charter came out and installed the M series Cable Card, which was a success, but my HD Fox Chanel is coming in on the HB PBS channel and was told that the channel map on the card is outdated and it may take several months before the company Charter goes through updates the list.
They are giving you the wrong information. Channel map updates should happen at the same time they are updated on their own converter boxes.
rainwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 08:57 PM   #980
Luckyp79

Well I would like to share my experience so far dealing with Charter.
  1. Thursday
    I call Charter in advance to see what I need to do. I am told to go to the local office and pick up my cable cards and come home and give them a call to activate the card.
  2. Friday
    I take the day off to get this stuff done.
    I buy my Tivo HD. I go to the local office to pick up my cable card. Sorry that is not our policy at Charter they tell me. Sorry that is what I was told on the phone I want my card I tell them. I schedule an appointment for Tuesday. On my way home I call Charter again. I ask about the cards and I am told the same thing. Go to the office pick them up and give the techs a call to activate my card. I ask are you 100% sure I can do this. I am told that I can not. Yes 100% sure you can do this.
    I go and demand that I get my card because I have now been told by two Charter techs that I can pick them up. After a 15 min wait at the office for the lady to come back with the card she attempts to increase my cable bill I bet about 5 times. She told me what she was trying to do but the computer would not let her.

Activate my Tivo install the card call Charter to activate. I am not receiving my digital channels and most of my HD programing. I call Tivo for assistance thinking that maybe my account is not activated yet. It is and they double check my settings and figure out that the card is not paired. Call Charter to have the card paired. They say they do it even though the settings on the Tivo still tel me to call the cable company.
  3. Saturday
    I call Charter again to have the card paired. At this point the lady tells me that I am not supposed to have the cards and that I need to have a tech come out and install the cards along with a tuning adapter. She schedules the appointment and I get disconnected from the line.
  4. Sunday
    I call Charter to find out what time the appointment is. Monday between 10-noon. Ok
  5. Monday
    My wife takes the day off for this to get done.
    The tech rolls up walks in the house. 15 mins later he leaves doing nothing telling my wife that he has no idea what to do. It looks right to him.

I call Charter to tell them my frustration that they send me a tech and he wastes our time by doing nothing and not calling someone on the staff that might know what to do. I am told to walk into my local office and pick up a tuning adapter. I tell the guy that its not their policy to hand that stuff over the counter but if he can call my local office (we are not aloud to do that here) and tell hat that it is ok for me to pick it up I will. He says they only have fax lines at my local office. So I ask if he could fax something saying that its ok for me to pick this up. He puts me on hold as he gets a supervisor. She tells me that I do not need the tuning adapter in Minnesota. Ok no big deal. So I ask her that can we do about getting my cable to work. I tell her that all I need is to get my card paired or bound to my slot on my Tivo. She asked me if I had access to some number ( I forgot what she said) I said no I am at work but would be glad to call when I get home at 5. She credits me $20 (or so she says) for all of the miss communication and says that when I call in later to ask for a supervisor to do this for me. She also told me that she would make a note on the account to transfer me to a supervisor right away.

I am thinking all is going to be fixed when I get home.

I call in I hit 1 for English (should be default in the USA) I enter my phone number I hit 3 for tech support then I press 2 for cable tv support. I get someone and ask for a supervisor. I start getting a run around of oh maybe I can help you. I say no I was told today to talk to a supervisor and that it would be noted on my account to be transferred to one right away.
    I was calm at this point still thinking that I am going to finally get my cable that I am paying for back.
    She tells me that she is as close to a supervisor that I am going to get and that she is a member of the escalation department.

That statement is the one that set me off. All I have been doing this weekend is what I have been told to do by charter employees. I tell her this along with some other choice words and go on how incompetent and misleading their employees have been through this process and I just want my cable back. I tell her that the tech that came today did nothing but look at my box and walk out the door. Never tried to resolve the issue and that I want someone to come back tonight because I have now missed two days of work for their mistakes not mine and bla bla bla. She never did do a good job at settling me down either. so their escalation department sucks as well.

She said that the earliest they could be out here was Tuesday 10-noon. I tell her no one will be home after 11. She said then she had a Wednesday at a later time. I told her no one will be home. She then wanted to send someone out on Saturday. I said no you had a guy out here today and he did not try to fix my problem I want my cable now. I told her Tuesday between 10-11 she said that will not work. I said make it happen. You guys are supposed to be so convenient then you can work around my schedule if I have to work around yours.

So anyway if the guy is not here by 1030 then I am leaving work and coming home so my wife can go to work.

So that is my story so far. maybe I will update tomorrow.
Luckyp79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 11:52 PM   #981
pops_porter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyp79 View Post
Well I would like to share my experience so far dealing with Charter.
I am told to walk into my local office and pick up a tuning adapter. I tell the guy that its not their policy to hand that stuff over the counter but if he can call my local office (we are not aloud to do that here) and tell hat that it is ok for me to pick it up I will. He says they only have fax lines at my local office.
Sorry to hear about your frustrations, a couple comments I have are: The whole not calling your local office thing is annoying. There's been a couple times where if I could talk to someone locally it would really help resolve the problem, but no. I did end up driving to the office and talk to them and the problem was resolved, just frustrating we can't call.

On the install, it took me two visit by charter, I'm in MN. The first was one of their contractors that had no clue and those were some of the first words out of his mouth and the second was a Charter guy, supposedly the one guy in my area that knows about cable cards and he had it working in minutes. I couldn't really get the problem out of him, but he basically said they had it all set up wrong at dispatch.

Regarding your appointment reschedule, after the first guy couldn't get it to work, he was talking to dispatch and trying to set up another appointment for me. He was nice and requested the cable card guy in my area to do the appointment, he offered up some weekday times and I nicely said that those day times don't work for me, you should've gotten this done toady, Saturday, when I was home from work. Let's do the 5-7PM window on Tuesday, at first he said that's only for new installs, but then said okay, and I was scheduled for the evening. So ask for that if they aren't able to get you up and running this next time.

Regarding your picking up of the cable cards, I wish we could do that. Charter tried to charge me $30 I think for each home visit. I was only able to get one removed and the other down to $15 even though I said I would've picked up the cards and installed them myself if I was given the option.

Good luck!
pops_porter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 06:48 PM   #982
Luckyp79

Just to keep my documentation going.

The charter tech shows 30 mins early at 9:30. He does whatever he does. Signal strength and all. Then at 10:00 a second tech shows up. Everything checks. They install another cable card. So now I have a multi stream and a single stream card in my TiVo. They send the signal and activate the cards. So now I have my digital and HD programing. No freezing on these. But my lower expanded basic cable package is still freezing.

I check my pairing screen. Call your provider message shows. I told my wife to not let them leave if this screen says this. But she never checked it. So any way I call TiVo and ask about the two cards. Its ok but he said that the cards are not paired yet. I knew that but it was nice to hear it from him. I casually said that if I knew how I would do a three way call with charter and TiVo that I would. He said that he would be happy to do that for me.

All it did for me was get one more appointment tomorrow morning. Charter is saying that the cards are bad. I am saying I am going to be contacting the FCC, BBB, local Chamber of Commerce tomorrow evening if this is not working for me. The Tivo guy was going to mention that to me but I beat him to it.
Old 01-20-2009, 09:09 PM   #983
mgchan

Just an update on my situation -

Called Charter to install CableCards - appointment line took the appointment, didn't pass along request for M-card, but guy shows up with 2 S-cards and 2 M-cards. Tries his best, can't get anything working (not pairing). Sorry, can't help, will reschedule.

A week later, second guy comes to install. Alas, he brings only 2 S cards, and has no extras - he only got 2 cards for 2 jobs. And, neither works - one is in factory mode or something, other one just doesn't pair. Sorry, out of luck again - but then he calls some other tech and picks up another M-card. Plugs it in, calls in the number, and voila the card works! I only have a few HD channels, no premium channels, but it does work. He didn't do anything new in terms of pairing.

I really believe it is just Charter having old/broken cards, cards with old firmware, stuck in wrong mode, etc. They give it to the techs who really can't do anything about it. Maybe they could try to troubleshoot, upgrade firmware etc but I really do blame the main Charter office. I wouldn't be surprised if they just always blame the customer's devices and keep sending out these defective/damaged cards without doing anything to fix them.

I would say, just do your best to get the techs to bring multiple cards. Tell them you want to install on your TV and your TiVo, say you want M cards or 2 S cards if they can't bring the M card, sound like you have been through this before and they just had to try many cards to get it to work.
Old 01-21-2009, 06:35 PM   #984
Luckyp79

this my update. We had a appointment today between 9-11 with a note of being the first. The guy shows up at 1015. My wife tells the guy she has to go to work at 1100. They leave with no solution. I call charter and drop the fcc, bbb and I have given you guys more then enough strikes and now your out. Its time to come on my time not yours. I gave in on this one but I put up a fight. Told the tech on the phone that if I take the 1-3 time slot that the guy needs to bring like 20 cards with him. If he dose not get it to work then I am filing a formal complaint. I leave work early for this guy. He shows up around 200. He tries to activate. It fails. He checks the signal and changes a splitter. Not the issue. He calls everyone he knows. I keep insisting that he needs to call TiVo and talk to them. He eventually does. Does he do what they say? NO. He was told to use multiple cards and one would eventually work. (I am the cable company I know what I am doing attitude award goes to this guy) He was told to have the signal to activate the card and then the signal to pair the card sent separately. Nope can" ask to have that done either. Finally at 415 he starts using more cards. Then at 430 he finally starts to ask for anyone that knows anything about TiVo. 435 the self proclaimed TiVo expert calls him.

SOLUTION-------------------------------------------
This card was already activated so the tech on the phone had the host and card ID already.

They unplug the TiVo.
Take out the card
Read the mac ID
looked for the serial number
(somewhere here the tech on the phone "cold hits" the card)
Put the card in
Plugged it back in
It boots up

everything is working and the settings are correct.

I am fixed

Last edited by Luckyp79 : 01-21-2009 at 06:43 PM.
Old 01-23-2009, 12:38 PM   #985
firemedic17

SA cable card losing channels

I have a Tivo Series 3 live in Ma have Charter cable and lose my preminium channels every 3 months. Most of the time its only one cable card that loses it. Charter has no idea and tivo says that I need a Scientific Atlanta Card with a build date of 4/25/08. I asked Charter and the said that they are not buying cards anymore and that I was out of luck. What can I do, what is the fix?
firemedic17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 05:54 PM   #986
TBarclay3

DirecTV! That's what I'm doing as soon as I get my condo board's approval. I am tired of dealing with Charter and their incompetent techs.
TBarclay3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 07:35 AM   #987
Dig-Doug
Charter subjectee

Athens, AL -> Decatur, AL office

Install for two Tivo-HD Units

First appointment cancelled, since the office did not have any cards.

Second appointment:
Contractor for Charter showed up with 5 m-stream cards, 1 was not staged, so we needed 3 of those 5 cards to get two working ones. Contractor called, got the EMMs sent down, all channels came up.

Thanks to everyone posting tech info here (on how to confirm everything was working), I (knock on wood for continued operation) had a smooth install from a rural Charter office.

So maybe this will be a ray of hope for some of you out there...
Dig-Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 06:20 PM   #988
velum

Just to let all of the Charter users here know that they are implementing internet download caps. If you have a 10 to 15mb connection your cap is 100gb if you have a 16 to 20mb connection your cap is 250gb. If your lucky enough to have their 60mb service in your area no caps. No info yet on on the price per gig for going over.
velum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 09:40 AM   #989
jrm01

Hey Charter customers. All your problems are about to be solved. They will be filing for bankruptcy next month:

http://www.informationweek.com/news/...leID=214000016
jrm01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 02:32 AM   #990
GadgetVirtuoso

Quote:
Originally Posted by velum View Post
Just to let all of the Charter users here know that they are implementing internet download caps. If you have a 10 to 15mb connection your cap is 100gb if you have a 16 to 20mb connection your cap is 250gb. If your lucky enough to have their 60mb service in your area no caps. No info yet on on the price per gig for going over.
Looks like they haven't quite set a price. I'd say the abuse would have to be quite severe to see additional charges.

Quote:
13. NO EXCESSIVE USE OF BANDWIDTH

Excessive bandwidth is usage beyond a reasonable level for the service subscribed to. Residential service usage will not exceed 100GB of bandwidth per month for Customers subscribing to Services of 15 Mbps or less per month and 250GB of bandwidth per month for Customers subscribing to Service over 15 Mbps and up to 25 Mbps. Charter reserves the right to revise usage limits or to implement additional usage limits. In the event residential usage exceeds the above-described limits Customer will be notified and required to either limit Customerís bandwidth consumption to permitted levels/limits or subscribe to a Service with a higher monthly bandwidth limit if a higher limit subscription is available. In the event Customer does not limit bandwidth consumption to permitted levels/limits after notice of the same, Charter may determine, in Charterís sole discretion, that Customer is using an excessive amount of bandwidth over the Charter network infrastructure for Internet access or other functions using public network resources, during any period of time, Charter may thereafter: (a) adjust, suspend or terminate Customerís account or Service at any time and without notice; or (b) require Customer to upgrade Customerís service level and pay additional fees in accordance with Charterís then-current, applicable rates for such Service; (c) cap Customerís usage or limit aggregate bandwidth available to Customer; (d) implement prioritization of traffic; (e) implement protocol filtering; or (f) use any technology to be chosen by Charter at its sole discretion including, but not limited to, packet-reset and/or other packet management technology, to slow Service to Customer for purposes of conserving bandwidth. Charter may also notify Customer of excessive use and request Customer to employ corrective or self-limiting actions to comply with this provision.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Premier 4XL TiVo, TiVo Mini Apple TV, Roku in a Mac OS X Mountain Lion household.
GadgetVirtuoso is offline   Reply With Quote