TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Forum Extras > TiVo Search Feedback - Beta Release (Archive)
TiVo Community

Forum Jump

Old 01-17-2009, 07:51 PM   #1
jimerb

Can I see Only New Recordings?

When using the Beta search is it possible to only see new recordings?

I only want to see things airing for the first time tonight. I've dreamed about that forever. Tivo knows that info, but it's never exposed it.

I'd test it myself but it takes 10-15 minutes to load over my 30mbps connection (5mbps up)

thx.
Old 01-17-2009, 08:40 PM   #2
bkdtv

Each program has an "Upcoming" menu. On that menu, new episodes are identified with a NEW icon.

I do agree it might be nice if there was a way to display / filter only the new episodes. It can take a lot of scrolling to find new episodes of syndicated shows like House. In a period of 14 days, there are 30-40 showings of some programs on my DVR.
Old 01-17-2009, 11:08 PM   #3
jimerb

All i want to be able to do is say show me what's new (first run) on my favorite channels tonight.
Old 01-17-2009, 11:19 PM   #4
bkdtv

Search does not provide any means to display channels or what is upcoming on channels. It is simply a better version of the [title] search functionality that takes advantage of 16:9 displays.

The two screenshots below show what you get with TiVo Search:

The "Upcoming" menu marks episodes with NEW and HD logos. It also indicates whether an upcoming showing will record.
Old 01-18-2009, 01:16 AM   #5
jimerb

I finally got to use it tonight. There must have been network issues before because it wasn't working.

This is nice. I wish the search by time and search by channel were integrated.

To me, finding out what's going on with TV is more important that the Youtube, Amazon and Netflix stuff.

I would think that my desire to find out what's new on my favorite channels would be a popular desire.
Old 01-18-2009, 12:31 PM   #6
nrc
Cracker Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimerb View Post
To me, finding out what's going on with TV is more important that the Youtube, Amazon and Netflix stuff.

I would think that my desire to find out what's new on my favorite channels would be a popular desire.
It's definitely something that TiVo has overlooked. In their pursuit to become the perfect time-shifting content aggregator "What's on now?" has always taken a back seat.

See my suggestion on the topic in this thread.

Not entirely square