TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Forum Extras > TiVo Search Feedback - Beta Release (Archive)
TiVo Community

Forum Jump

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 42 votes, 3.26 average.
Old 01-08-2009, 02:07 PM   #1
WeBoat

No New Search

Not sure why, I've got a TivoHD hooked up to HD plasma. I've done two forced calls over the last two days and still no new search.

Is it being rolled out in stages? Lifetime on the TivoHD.

Any ideas?
Old 01-08-2009, 02:27 PM   #2
MickeS

It's under "Music, Photos and More" (or however the wording is). It's not under "Find Programs", I guess since it's a beta.
Old 01-09-2009, 09:35 AM   #3
WeBoat

Yep. That's where it was!

Thanks
Old 01-13-2009, 10:34 PM   #4
kevo777
My TiVo Gets Me

I've done three forced Tivo Service connections. Looked under "Music, Photos, Showcases" three times. Not only do I not have the new beta search option, the usual list of stuff under Music, Photos, and Showcases is gone. None of the games that are usually listed there are ever populated now. Been like this for the past couple of weeks.

Any ideas? I'd really like to see the new beta search.

Oh...and something else that has 'broken'.....pytivo is alive and kicking - double and triple checked - but my TivoHD stopped seeing it as well.

Tivo service connections happen automatically as usualy according to Last Attempt field under Network settings....manual connection attempts are always successful also.
Old 05-11-2009, 11:32 PM   #5
bkdtv

Is your TiVo connected via broadband (ethernet or wireless)? You won't get it with a phone connection.

On a broadband connected TiVo, you should see "TiVo Search" under TiVo menu -> Find Programs.

If you just got your TiVo, it can take several days for network functionality to be available.
Old 07-30-2009, 02:36 AM   #6
deandashl

It's not "Beta Search" anymore, it's "TiVo Search" -- no longer beta.

Under the "Find Programs" menu.

You need a "series 3" TiVo AND an internet connection.

I think "TiVo Search" is pretty great -- with LOTS more potential in the future.

I recommend using the TiVo website to learn more. They have great videos. Lots of the basic TiVo questions can be answered there for new people.
Old 08-07-2009, 03:45 AM   #7
E94Allen

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandashl View Post
It's not "Beta Search" anymore, it's "TiVo Search" -- no longer beta.

Under the "Find Programs" menu.

You need a "series 3" TiVo AND an internet connection.

I think "TiVo Search" is pretty great -- with LOTS more potential in the future.

I recommend using the TiVo website to learn more. They have great videos. Lots of the basic TiVo questions can be answered there for new people.
Mine still has Beta tag on it.

Edit:I meant to say Beta Version tag within TiVo Search.

Last edited by E94Allen : 08-17-2009 at 06:12 AM.
Old 08-12-2009, 11:35 PM   #8
innocentfreak

Mine seems to not be able to make up its mind. Sometimes it shows beta and other times it doesn't. Sometimes it visibly switches as soon as I go to the screen.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-01-2010, 11:34 PM   #9
EskanderaStil

No New Search

New Tabs added Youll find a new gallery tab at the top of the page under the site header.It will link to all albums and galleries on the site.
There will also be some other tabs eg.external links placed there shortly just sorting out some script.
Old 11-09-2010, 07:06 AM   #10
elane65

Thanks for the post @MickeS, I've been looking for this.. my friend recommend this site, for TiVo community..

Old 11-10-2010, 09:03 PM   #11
cfeied

I get a loooooong pause when selecting it -- and by the time I get results (even on broadband) I've forgotten what I was looking for
Old 09-17-2012, 03:05 PM   #12
TravisBob

No New S

Could we know 1 day in advance when and what time the new patch will be released in GMT Time so that people do not get annoyed when they go to play the game, only confronted with a 200mb patch/server downtime.
Old 12-17-2012, 12:54 AM   #13
Foma8812

on what game console to stay

welcome Most recently hit on the idea purchase a game console because the computer got it, and remember , so to speak , childhood is very desirable
in the old days did not understand the point of purchase boxes, but now I understand ))
Interesting sports simulators - fifa, nhl also Mortal Kombatsertorrent ru/] Shooting only on PC
What to take ? or still lying around someone interesting information about the PS4 and XBOX 720