TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Forum Extras > TiVo Search Feedback - Beta Release (Archive)
TiVo Community

Forum Jump

Old 01-08-2009, 02:44 AM   #1
honus

Search Beta Issues - 1) Prefer HD? 2) Same bad keyboard 3) Is it recording?

1) I do a search for Doctor Who. I'm offered the show on SciFi but not SciFi HD. Even if I select to see upcoming episodes I'm not offered the showings on SciFi HD. I thought the new search was supposed to be good at finding HD stuff.

2) And it uses that same, horrible keyboard. Though it is a bit quicker to respond than before, I hate the fact that hitting left when you are in the left column takes you out of the search, possibly throwing away a lot of hard work done typing. Make me hit exit or make me move up or down to a special spot but please don't throw away my work because I accidentally hit left-arrow one to many times because I was faster than the TiVO.

3) I did a search, selected Doctor Who. I go to Details and selected "record new episode - options" I thought I cancelled out without recording but it shows "Next episode will be recorded." So I picked "Record next episode - cancel this recording" which appears to have actually canceled the recording, but it still says "Next episode will be recorded."
Old 01-08-2009, 03:16 AM   #2
E94Allen

Quote:
Originally Posted by honus View Post
1) I do a search for Doctor Who. I'm offered the show on SciFi but not SciFi HD. Even if I select to see upcoming episodes I'm not offered the showings on SciFi HD. I thought the new search was supposed to be good at finding HD stuff.

2) And it uses that same, horrible keyboard. Though it is a bit quicker to respond than before, I hate the fact that hitting left when you are in the left column takes you out of the search, possibly throwing away a lot of hard work done typing. Make me hit exit or make me move up or down to a special spot but please don't throw away my work because I accidentally hit left-arrow one to many times because I was faster than the TiVO.

3) I did a search, selected Doctor Who. I go to Details and selected "record new episode - options" I thought I cancelled out without recording but it shows "Next episode will be recorded." So I picked "Record next episode - cancel this recording" which appears to have actually canceled the recording, but it still says "Next episode will be recorded."
I wondered about myself but I am thinking about "Next episode will be recorded" espically wording that says Next episode what that really means?
Old 01-08-2009, 03:44 AM   #3
bkdtv

Quote:
Originally Posted by honus View Post
Congrats, you've discovered a bug.

The page doesn't refresh. If you create a season pass for a program, you'll see "Next episode will be recorded" (assuming the next episode will be recorded). However, you'll still see that text if you cancel the season pass, unless you move back to search results and reselect the program.

Basically, it is a refresh issue. The center frame updates when you cancel the season pass, but the right one doesn't.
Old 01-16-2009, 02:30 PM   #4
hearncl

For me, the letter grid (keyboard) is a little too quick. I use a universal remote rather than the TiVo remote. When I enter a letter, it is doubled. That is, if I click on "A" in the letter grid, "AA" is typed.

This doesn't happen if I use the TiVo remote. However, my universal remote works fine in all other respects. Thus, if I use the letter grid in Find Programs -> Search by Title, letter entries are not doubled.
Old 01-16-2009, 03:05 PM   #5
bkdtv

Quote:
Originally Posted by hearncl View Post
For me, the letter grid (keyboard) is a little too quick. I use a universal remote rather than the TiVo remote. When I enter a letter, it is doubled. That is, if I click on "A" in the letter grid, "AA" is typed.

This doesn't happen if I use the TiVo remote. However, my universal remote works fine in all other respects. Thus, if I use the letter grid in Find Programs -> Search by Title, letter entries are not doubled.
If you use a Harmony remote, there is a cure for that. Send me a pm if that's what you use.