TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-10-2008, 11:19 PM   #31
Rdian06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoav View Post
Compiled it myself (so if it's missing something, or is totally borked.. tell me .
Interesting. I'd read about some patches to allow ffmpeg to compile as a Universal Binary, but hadn't attempted it myself. Mainly because I was trying to build a statically linked ffmpeg. I'm more of a old school Linux type so I haven't quite wrapped my head around the Mac framework stuff yet.

Do you have a pointer to the instructions you used to build the Universal Binary?

Works on Windows, Mac and Linux.
Rdian06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 03:37 AM   #32
Yoav

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdian06 View Post
Interesting. I'd read about some patches to allow ffmpeg to compile as a Universal Binary, but hadn't attempted it myself. Mainly because I was trying to build a statically linked ffmpeg. I'm more of a old school Linux type so I haven't quite wrapped my head around the Mac framework stuff yet.

Do you have a pointer to the instructions you used to build the Universal Binary?
patches? It didn't take any patches.. the code compiled fine as is. Was just a big pain in the ass to build everything for both processors..
Yoav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 03:38 AM   #33
Yoav

Quote:
Originally Posted by westside_guy View Post
0.4 fixed the m4v problem I reported earlier - thanks!

I did find another issue though. In cases where a Mac has VMware or Parallels installed, pyTivo in general doesn't correctly guess the right network interface to use much of the time. Other pyTivo implementations work around this by allowing the user to manually identify the correct subnet to use via a "beacon" directive in pyTivo.conf - but pyTivoX does not currently incorporate this feature. So to get pyTivo to use the correct subnet on my computer, I had to manually shut down VMware Fusion's background processes like this:

Code:
sudo /Library/Application\ Support/VMware\ Fusion/boot.sh --stop
Otherwise, my Tivo HD would not see the pyTivoX shares.

This does work, but it's not an optimal solution.
Damn
Ok so the question is: Is it possible to put 'something' in the UI that isn't incredibly scary for the average user, but that allows a workaround for the parallels/vmware scenario? (Oddly I use parallels and didn't hit this problem.. although it may not have been running at the time).
Old 12-11-2008, 03:40 AM   #34
Yoav

Ok, just uploaded 0.5
Main changes:
Code now runs as a 'daemon' (user launched agent).
Can be configured to run at startup.
Now has a menulet for controlling it.

--> it is 10.5 *ONLY*.
(python on 10.4 is too old, and also pytivoX now relies on some 10.5 api calls).

Update and test away... Thanks!!
Old 12-11-2008, 08:39 AM   #35
pkscout

There's something odd going on with the beacon I think. I seem to have to click the restart button three or four times on pyTiVoX before my Series 3 will see the shares the first time I start it up. After that it's fine.
pkscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 12:48 PM   #36
Yoav

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkscout View Post
There's something odd going on with the beacon I think. I seem to have to click the restart button three or four times on pyTiVoX before my Series 3 will see the shares the first time I start it up. After that it's fine.
Hmm.. see anything interesting in the system logs? (I'm going to add a new window to see the output of pytivo directly, but in the meanwhile its output is just being sent to the console log).

(I know nothing of pytivo.. I just run it blindly). Could it be that you just need to wait a while on the first invocation of pytivo for it to run through your movies before it appears on a tivo?
Old 12-11-2008, 12:49 PM   #37
Yoav

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdian06 View Post

This is the icky shell script I use to build my mencode and my ffmpeg.. pull out whatever you need to build your ffmpeg universal:

Code:
SRCDIR=/Users/yoav/src
LAME=lame-398-2
HANDBRAKE=HandBrake-0.9.3

cd $SRCDIR
  mkdir binaries

export CFLAGS="-isysroot /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk -arch i386 -arch ppc7400"
  export CPPFLAGS=""
  export LDFLAGS="-arch i386 -arch ppc7400 -Wl,-syslibroot,/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk"
  cd $SRCDIR/tivodecode-0.2pre4
  make distclean
  ./configure --disable-dependency-tracking
  make
  cp tivodecode ../binaries/tivodecode

cd $SRCDIR/etv-comskip/src/comskip
  make clean; rm -f ../../comskip
  make ../../comskip CFLAGS="$CFLAGS -O2 -fasm-blocks -Wno-unused  -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -force_cpusubtype_ALL -I. -Ilibmpeg2 -IAC3Dec -Iargtable2-7/src" LFLAGS="$LDFLAGS -headerpad_max_install_names -prebind -force_cpusubtype_ALL"
  cp ../../comskip ../../../binaries/comskip

export CFLAGS='-isysroot /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk -arch i386'
   export CPPFLAGS='-arch i386'
   export LDFLAGS='-arch i386 -Wl,-syslibroot,/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk'
  cd $SRCDIR/x264
  ./configure
  make clean
  make

cd $SRCDIR/faac
  ./configure --without-mp4v2 --enable-shared=no --enable-static=yes
  make clean
  make

cd $SRCDIR/faad2
  ./configure --enable-shared=no --enable-static=yes
  make clean
  make

cd $SRCDIR/$LAME
  ./configure  --disable-shared --disable-frontend
  make clean
  make

export CFLAGS='-isysroot /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk -arch i386 -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer'
  cd $SRCDIR/mplayer
  make distclean
  rm ./uname
  ./configure --disable-png --enable-mp3lame --enable-x264 --disable-mplayer --enable-faac --enable-faad-internal --disable-freetype --with-extraincdir=$SRCDIR/faac/include/:$SRCDIR/x264:$SRCDIR/$LAME/include --with-extralibdir=$SRCDIR/faac/libfaac/.libs/:$SRCDIR/x264:$SRCDIR/$LAME/libmp3lame/.libs --extra-libs-mencoder="-lx264 $SRCDIR/faac/libfaac/.libs/libfaac.a"
  make
  cp ./mencoder ../binaries/mencoder-i386

export CFLAGS='-isysroot /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk -arch i386'
   cd $SRCDIR/ffmpeg
  make distclean
  ./configure --arch=i386 --disable-vhook --disable-shared --enable-static --enable-pthreads --disable-mmx --enable-gpl --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libfaac --enable-libfaad --enable-libx264 --enable-swscale --extra-cflags="-I$SRCDIR/$LAME/include -I$SRCDIR/faad2/include -I$SRCDIR/faac/include -I$SRCDIR/x264" --extra-ldflags="-L$SRCDIR/$LAME/libmp3lame/.libs -L$SRCDIR/faad2/libfaad/.libs -L$SRCDIR/faac/libfaac/.libs -L$SRCDIR/x264/"
  make
  cp ./ffmpeg ../binaries/ffmpeg-i386

export CFLAGS='-arch ppc7400 -isysroot /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk'
   export CPPFLAGS='-arch ppc7400 -isysroot /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk'
   export LDFLAGS='-arch ppc7400 -Wl,-syslibroot,/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk'

cd $SRCDIR/x264
   make distclean
   ./configure --host=ppc-apple-darwin
   make

cd $SRCDIR/faac
  make distclean
   ./configure --host=ppc-apple-darwin --without-mp4v2 --enable-shared=no --enable-static=yes
  make

cd $SRCDIR/faad2
  ./configure --host=ppc-apple-darwin --enable-shared=no --enable-static=yes
  make clean
  make

cd $SRCDIR/$LAME
  make distclean
  ./configure --host=ppc-apple-darwin --disable-shared --disable-frontend
  make

cd $SRCDIR/mplayer
  make distclean
  export OPATH=$PATH
  export PATH=.:$PATH
  echo '#!/bin/sh
echo powerpc
' > uname
  chmod a+rx uname
  ./configure --disable-png --enable-mp3lame --enable-x264 --disable-mplayer --enable-faac --enable-faad-internal --disable-freetype --with-extraincdir=$SRCDIR/faac/include/:$SRCDIR/x264:$SRCDIR/$LAME/include --with-extralibdir=$SRCDIR/faac/libfaac/.libs/:$SRCDIR/x264:$SRCDIR/$LAME/libmp3lame/.libs --extra-libs-mencoder="-lx264 $SRCDIR/faac/libfaac/.libs/libfaac.a"
  export PATH=$OPATH
  rm uname
  make
  cp ./mencoder ../binaries/mencoder-ppc

cd $SRCDIR/ffmpeg
  make distclean
  ./configure --arch=ppc64 --cpu=G5 --disable-vhook --disable-shared --enable-static --enable-pthreads --disable-mmx --enable-gpl --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libfaac --enable-libfaad --enable-libx264 --enable-swscale --extra-cflags="-DHAVE_LLRINT -I$SRCDIR/$LAME/include -I$SRCDIR/faad2/include -I$SRCDIR/faac/include -I$SRCDIR/x264" --extra-ldflags="-L$SRCDIR/$LAME/libmp3lame/.libs -L$SRCDIR/faad2/libfaad/.libs -L$SRCDIR/faac/libfaac/.libs -L$SRCDIR/x264/"
  make
  cp ./ffmpeg ../binaries/ffmpeg-ppc

cd $SRCDIR/binaries
  lipo -create mencoder-i386 mencoder-ppc -output mencoder
  rm -f mencoder-*
  lipo -create ffmpeg-i386 ffmpeg-ppc -output ffmpeg
  rm -f ffmpeg-*
  strip *
  cp comskip mencoder tivodecode "../itivo/External Software/"
  cp ffmpeg "../pytivox/External Software/"

Old 12-11-2008, 01:04 PM   #38
westside_guy
Annoyingly ephemeral

Quote:
Could it be that you just need to wait a while on the first invocation of pytivo for it to run through your movies before it appears on a tivo?
I believe he's seeing the same thing I'm seeing - waiting does not "fix" it. pyTivo appears to just look for all available network interfaces that have IP addresses (this includes, as I mentioned, VMware virtual network interfaces), and assumes the first IP returned is on the subnet pyTivo should be on. Sometimes that works, and sometimes not - basically it's a crapshoot, which is why some implementations have that "beacon" function to allow us to manually specify the subnet to be used.

As far as (per a question from one of your earlier posts) making these sorts of options available yet not scary - would it be possible to have a "advanced preferences" window that maybe has the proviso "avoid changing these values unless you know what you're doing"? That could incorporate the beacon, and perhaps other pyTivo options like aspect ratio etc.
westside_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 01:11 PM   #39
Yoav

Quote:
I believe he's seeing the same thing I'm seeing - waiting does not "fix" it. pyTivo appears to just look for all available network interfaces that have IP addresses (this includes, as I mentioned, VMware virtual network interfaces), and assumes the first IP returned is on the subnet pyTivo should be on. Sometimes that works, and sometimes not - basically it's a crapshoot, which is why some implementations have that "beacon" function to allow us to manually specify the subnet to be used.

As far as (per a question from one of your earlier posts) making these sorts of options available yet not scary - would it be possible to have a "advanced preferences" window that maybe has the proviso "avoid changing these values unless you know what you're doing"? That could incorporate the beacon, and perhaps other pyTivo options like aspect ratio etc.
Sure I'll get to doing that..
Is it just a different broadcast address that needs to be used?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-11-2008, 02:12 PM   #40
darksurtur

Quote:
Ok, just uploaded 0.5
Main changes:
Code now runs as a 'daemon' (user launched agent).
Can be configured to run at startup.
Now has a menulet for controlling it.

--> it is 10.5 *ONLY*.
(python on 10.4 is too old, and also pytivoX now relies on some 10.5 api calls).

Update and test away... Thanks!!
So there's no chance of a version of this that would work on 10.4 if we updated python on our own? That is still a simple task compared to the headache of compiling, setting up the config file, etc. and something I can send to a couple of friends interested in the program still using 10.4. If not, no big deal; I appreciate the effort and time you've put into this.
darksurtur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 02:21 PM   #41
Yoav

Quote:
Originally Posted by darksurtur View Post
So there's no chance of a version of this that would work on 10.4 if we updated python on our own? That is still a simple task compared to the headache of compiling, setting up the config file, etc. and something I can send to a couple of friends interested in the program still using 10.4. If not, no big deal; I appreciate the effort and time you've put into this.
The problem is that it's not just python that doesn't work on 10.4
The auto-launch is a 10.5 thing too.
I don't want to be in the unenviable situation of maintaining two builds, especially when the instructions for one of the builds is "well this one doesn't work right, you need to go off and download and build python 2.5 or better".

If you're willing to make a page describing everything else that needs to be done and how to do it, I can build you a half-working thing (the auto-launch button won't do the right thing, and python will need to be installed manually). All 10.4-related issues will become your problem though ...

Old 12-11-2008, 02:41 PM   #42
darksurtur

Quote:
The problem is that it's not just python that doesn't work on 10.4
The auto-launch is a 10.5 thing too.
I don't want to be in the unenviable situation of maintaining two builds, especially when the instructions for one of the builds is "well this one doesn't work right, you need to go off and download and build python 2.5 or better".

If you're willing to make a page describing everything else that needs to be done and how to do it, I can build you a half-working thing (the auto-launch button won't do the right thing, and python will need to be installed manually). All 10.4-related issues will become your problem though ...
I appreciate the offer, but you've done more than enough. I do actually have a working pyTivo setup on my 10.4 Powerbook G4; I was asking mostly for friends who are not nearly as computer savvy and would have an even harder time figuring it out (it took me a while, even following the OSX install instructions). If they really want it, they can upgrade ...
darksurtur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 04:20 PM   #43
westside_guy
Annoyingly ephemeral

Quote:
Sure I'll get to doing that..
Is it just a different broadcast address that needs to be used?
Yes, and if it could make a good cup of coffee that'd be great. Seriously, this is a cool project you're putting together and I appreciate it.

Here's what I think happened, just based on previous experience with other pyTivo implementations. My home network uses a particular subnet, let's say 192.168.43.x. When VMware sets up its virtual network devices for NATing the virtual machine, it automatically chooses an unused private subnet - for example, 192.168.197.x. Left to its own devices, pyTivo seems pick up 192.168.197.x rather than 192.168.43.x; I'm guessing it's the first one that comes up when pyTivo checks for existing networks.

So in my pyTivo.conf file (using the krkeegan build), I've now got a line something like "beacon 192.168.43.255 listen" that tells pyTivo which is the correct subnet.
Old 12-11-2008, 08:59 PM   #44
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
So in my pyTivo.conf file (using the krkeegan build), I've now got a line something like "beacon 192.168.43.255 listen" that tells pyTivo which is the correct subnet.
BTW, the "listen" keyword is only needed for use with the TiVo's "Manually add a server..." function. If you're not using that, you're making pyTivo grab port 2190 for no reason.

wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 10:43 PM   #45
Yoav

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcbrine View Post
BTW, the "listen" keyword is only needed for use with the TiVo's "Manually add a server..." function. If you're not using that, you're making pyTivo grab port 2190 for no reason.
So, weird question, but can you tell me if this invocation correctly reports the right 'beacon' address?: (just cut and past it into a Terminal.app... it's very icky).

Code:
ifconfig `route get default | sed -n -e 's/.*interface: \(.*\)/\1/p'` | sed -n -e 's/.*broadcast \(.*\)/\1/p'
If it does I'd rather automatically discover the right value and hide it from the user...

Old 12-11-2008, 10:44 PM   #46
raianoat
TiVoBlog.com

I can't seem to get a video to transcode using pyTiVoX (.5). Here's a copy of my log:

12/11/08 10:38:01 PM [0x0-0x287287].com.yoav.pyTivoX[326] 192.168.1.102 - - [11/Dec/2008 22:38:01] "GET /pyTiVoX%20Videos/2008/02%20Alex%20%26%20Nicholas/P2030034.MOV HTTP/1.1" 200 -
12/11/08 10:38:01 PM [0x0-0x287287].com.yoav.pyTivoX[326] FFmpeg version SVN-r16042, Copyright (c) 2000-2008 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
12/11/08 10:38:01 PM [0x0-0x287287].com.yoav.pyTivoX[326] configuration: --arch=i386 --disable-vhook --disable-shared --enable-static --enable-pthreads --disable-mmx --enable-gpl --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libfaac --enable-libfaad --enable-libx264 --enable-swscale --extra-cflags=-I/Users/yoav/src/lame-398-2/include -I/Users/yoav/src/faad2/include -I/Users/yoav/src/faac/include -I/Users/yoav/src/x264 --extra-ldflags=-L/Users/yoav/src/lame-398-2/libmp3lame/.libs -L/Users/yoav/src/faad2/libfaad/.libs -L/Users/yoav/src/faac/libfaac/.libs -L/Users/yoav/src/x264/
12/11/08 10:38:01 PM [0x0-0x287287].com.yoav.pyTivoX[326] libavutil 49.12. 0 / 49.12. 0
12/11/08 10:38:01 PM [0x0-0x287287].com.yoav.pyTivoX[326] libavcodec 52. 6. 1 / 52. 6. 1
12/11/08 10:38:01 PM [0x0-0x287287].com.yoav.pyTivoX[326] libavformat 52.23. 1 / 52.23. 1
12/11/08 10:38:01 PM [0x0-0x287287].com.yoav.pyTivoX[326] libavdevice 52. 1. 0 / 52. 1. 0
12/11/08 10:38:01 PM [0x0-0x287287].com.yoav.pyTivoX[326] libswscale 0. 6. 1 / 0. 6. 1
12/11/08 10:38:01 PM [0x0-0x287287].com.yoav.pyTivoX[326] built on Dec 10 2008 10:52:10, gcc: 4.0.1 (Apple Inc. build 5484)
12/11/08 10:38:01 PM [0x0-0x287287].com.yoav.pyTivoX[326] Input #0, mov,mp4,m4a,3gp,3g2,mj2, from '/Volumes/NAS/iPhoto Library/Originals/2008/02 Alex & Nicholas/P2030034.MOV':
12/11/08 10:38:01 PM [0x0-0x287287].com.yoav.pyTivoX[326] Duration: 00:00:20.00, start: 0.000000, bitrate: 14217 kb/s
12/11/08 10:38:01 PM [0x0-0x287287].com.yoav.pyTivoX[326] Stream #0.0(eng): Video: mjpeg, yuvj422p, 640x480, 30.00 tb(r)
12/11/08 10:38:01 PM [0x0-0x287287].com.yoav.pyTivoX[326] Stream #0.1(eng): Audio: pcm_u8, 7875 Hz, mono, s16, 63 kb/s
12/11/08 10:38:01 PM [0x0-0x287287].com.yoav.pyTivoX[326] Output #0, vob, to 'pipe:':
12/11/08 10:38:01 PM [0x0-0x287287].com.yoav.pyTivoX[326] Stream #0.0(eng): Video: mpeg2video, yuv420p, 640x480, q=2-31, 9951 kb/s, 30.00 tb(c)
12/11/08 10:38:01 PM [0x0-0x287287].com.yoav.pyTivoX[326] Stream #0.1(eng): Audio: ac3, 48000 Hz, mono, s16, 384 kb/s
12/11/08 10:38:01 PM [0x0-0x287287].com.yoav.pyTivoX[326] Stream mapping:
12/11/08 10:38:01 PM [0x0-0x287287].com.yoav.pyTivoX[326] Stream #0.0 -> #0.0
12/11/08 10:38:01 PM [0x0-0x287287].com.yoav.pyTivoX[326] Stream #0.1 -> #0.1
12/11/08 10:38:01 PM [0x0-0x287287].com.yoav.pyTivoX[326] Press [q] to stop encoding
12/11/08 10:38:02 PM [0x0-0x287287].com.yoav.pyTivoX[326] frame= 16 fps= 0 q=2.9 size= 0kB time=0.50 bitrate= 0.0kbits/s
12/11/08 10:38:02 PM [0x0-0x287287].com.yoav.pyTivoX[326] Audio resampler only works with 16 bits per sample, patch welcome.
12/11/08 10:38:03 PM [0x0-0x287287].com.yoav.pyTivoX[326] 192.168.1.102 - - [11/Dec/2008 22:38:03] "GET /TiVoConnect?Command=QueryContainer&Container=%2F HTTP/1.0" 200 -
12/11/08 10:38:07 PM [0x0-0x287287].com.yoav.pyTivoX[326] 192.168.1.102 - - [11/Dec/2008 22:38:07] "GET /TiVoConnect?Command=QueryContainer&Container=%2F HTTP/1.0" 200 -
raianoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 10:51 PM   #47
westside_guy
Annoyingly ephemeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcbrine View Post
Oh ok - thanks!

Quote:
So, weird question, but can you tell me if this invocation correctly reports the right 'beacon' address?: (just cut and past it into a Terminal.app... it's very icky).

Code:
ifconfig `route get default | sed -n -e 's/.*interface: \(.*\)/\1/p'` | sed -n -e 's/.*broadcast \(.*\)/\1/p'
Ew, sed... but yes, it does appear to work. Thanks!

BTW you should work "awk" into that line just on general principles.
Old 12-11-2008, 10:57 PM   #48
Yoav

Quote:
Originally Posted by raianoat View Post
I can't seem to get a video to transcode using pyTiVoX (.5). Here's a copy of my log:

12/11/08 10:38:02 PM [0x0-0x287287].com.yoav.pyTivoX[326] frame= 16 fps= 0 q=2.9 size= 0kB time=0.50 bitrate= 0.0kbits/s
12/11/08 10:38:02 PM [0x0-0x287287].com.yoav.pyTivoX[326] Audio resampler only works with 16 bits per sample, patch welcome.
12/11/08 10:38:03 PM [0x0-0x287287].com.yoav.pyTivoX[326] 192.168.1.102 - - [11/Dec/2008 22:38:03] "GET /TiVoConnect?Command=QueryContainer&Container=%2F HTTP/1.0" 200 -
12/11/08 10:38:07 PM [0x0-0x287287].com.yoav.pyTivoX[326] 192.168.1.102 - - [11/Dec/2008 22:38:07] "GET /TiVoConnect?Command=QueryContainer&Container=%2F HTTP/1.0" 200 -
(cut it to keep the reply short).

I can't make much from the logs, but my guess is either ffmpeg is unable to correctly read the media file, or else pyTivo isn't happy with something about it (there's a warning about Audio resampler only works with 16 bits per sample, patch welcome. )...

Hoping someone can chime in. If it's something I can fix I'd be happy to, but don't know why it's breaking...

Old 12-11-2008, 11:04 PM   #49
mohanman

Dude.. this is one of the best programs I have had in a long time! Thanks to the developer! I started watching divx movies on my tivo, and the quality is fantastic!

My question is, can someone tell me what video formats it supports. I'll look again at the main website, but was curious if people have a lot of luck with mkv and ac3 files? anyone know bitrate (MBPS?). Screw getting blueray player.. this is the best!

Thanks
Mo
mohanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 11:10 PM   #50
mohanman

Well I think I answered my own questions. I'm able to transfer 5mbps h264 files with ac3 so far. I hope one day there will be streaming so that you don't need to transfer the videos. But I think since I can do this now, gotta get a 500gb TIVO external drive! Coverart would be nice too.
mohanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 01:23 AM   #51
Yoav

Ok, 0.6 is up.
The main change was the addition of the beacon line (computed based on the default route's interface -> broadcast).

I'm hoping it makes it work for those using vmware, and doesn't break for anyone else <crossing fingers>

Old 12-12-2008, 01:26 AM   #52
Yoav

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohanman View Post
Well I think I answered my own questions. I'm able to transfer 5mbps h264 files with ac3 so far. I hope one day there will be streaming so that you don't need to transfer the videos. But I think since I can do this now, gotta get a 500gb TIVO external drive! Coverart would be nice too.
There is a streamer written by moyekj.. it's just not wrapped up as an app, so you'll have to do some legwork. Look at http://tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/sho...d.php?t=403066 but keep in mind that when you stream then stuff like skipping around in the movie becomes messier.

Old 12-12-2008, 01:54 AM   #53
westside_guy
Annoyingly ephemeral

Quote:
Ok, 0.6 is up.
The main change was the addition of the beacon line (computed based on the default route's interface -> broadcast).

I'm hoping it makes it work for those using vmware, and doesn't break for anyone else <crossing fingers>
It seems to be working for this VMware user... :-D

Thanks for all the work you've put into this.
Old 12-12-2008, 03:44 AM   #54
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
There is a streamer written by moyekj..
And one written by me.

wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 11:14 PM   #55
Yoav

Quote:
Originally Posted by raianoat View Post

12/11/08 10:38:01 PM [0x0-0x287287].com.yoav.pyTivoX[326] 192.168.1.102 - - [11/Dec/2008 22:38:01] "GET /pyTiVoX%20Videos/2008/02%20Alex%20%26%20Nicholas/P2030034.MOV HTTP/1.1" 200 -
Can you put up one of your failed movies somewhere so I can try it?
Also, what version of Mac OS and what processor are you using?

Old 12-13-2008, 12:06 AM   #56
raianoat
TiVoBlog.com

Quote:
I'm using a Macbook Pro (Intel) Running Leopard 10.5.5

Here's a url for a video that doesn't seem to transcode for me (32 MB)....

http://www.tivoblog.com/pytivox/PA170012.MOV

Thanks!
raianoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 01:44 AM   #57
tim_ver

Ok, I am new to this so please do not laugh.

If I understnad this you download the pyTivo program from here:
http://www.python.org/download/releases/3.0/

Install it on your PC, for me the Windows AMD64 MSI Installer (I have Vista 64). Then I can see the share folder it creates on my PC on my Tivo.

And select the files I want say Family_trop_2008.avi and watch it on my TV through Tivo?

Is this correct or did I miss something?

Also does it leave the files on the PC just view them trough the Tivo/TV or does it physical move them over to the Tivo and store them there to watch/delete?

Thanks much
tim_ver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 01:59 AM   #58
Yoav

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim_ver View Post
Ok, I am new to this so please do not laugh.

If I understnad this you download the pyTivo program from here:
http://www.python.org/download/releases/3.0/

Install it on your PC, for me the Windows AMD64 MSI Installer (I have Vista 64). Then I can see the share folder it creates on my PC on my Tivo.

And select the files I want say Family_trop_2008.avi and watch it on my TV through Tivo?

Is this correct or did I miss something?

Also does it leave the files on the PC just view them trough the Tivo/TV or does it physical move them over to the Tivo and store them there to watch/delete?

Thanks much
Well, I won't laugh, but I'll point out you're posting in a thread about a mac port of the program.

I can tell you for sure that you don't want to install python 3.0 (you want 2.5 or 2.6). Other than that, I'm not much help to you, but there's a whole install document at http://pytivo.armooo.net/wiki/WindowsInstall. Try posting the same question in the main pytivo thread.

Old 12-13-2008, 02:02 AM   #59
Yoav

Quote:
Ok, so I messed with your file, and yes there's an issue. Turns out the newest source code of ffmpeg spews errors with your source movie (it tries to encode mp2 at 16-bit and spews) -- which is why I wasn't seeing it here.

Anyways, I found a patch someone submitted TODAY (yeah it's a new bug). I'm going to integrate it into a new build and see if it fixes it. Assuming all your files share the same problem, then we're good. Otherwise, if other files fail, I'll need you to get more of them to me.

Update: Yes the patch fixes that bug. Working on a new build for tonight...

Last edited by Yoav : 12-13-2008 at 03:47 AM.
Old 12-13-2008, 04:08 AM   #60
Yoav

Ok, version 0.7 is up. It should fix the bug raianoat reported.

Additionally, it now enables the local web configuration (http://localhost:9032). Keep in mind that if you make changes via the web interface, you should NOT click 'Restart' which will overwrite those changes. (Quitting and re-running the pyTivoX is ok though). Don't think most users will need the web interface.. but was asked for it so enabled it.