Go Back   TiVo Community > Underground Playground > TiVo Underground
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-05-2008, 07:58 PM   #2761
rbautch
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bud123456 View Post
I am having the problem with the Linksys USB200M. No usb support after running tweak.sh

Thanks.
Is it a usb200m v.2? If so, did you install backported drivers when the script asked you?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

rbautch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 09:05 PM   #2762
spnewman

I just ran the enhancement script also, cannot telenet or ftp. Two lights are on the network adapter. It is a linksys usb 200m v2 also. I did say yes to the usb 2.0 drivers. It did work with an earlier version of tweak.
spnewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 08:53 AM   #2763
rmax

fresh zipper install - getting message

Good morning,
Over the past weekend I pulled my HR10-250 TiVo and reformated. It was rather painless as I have done it before. I loaded the image and chose 2 drive option..I then loaded the zipper separately. All was good. I put it back together and plugged it back up.
Everything is good except for one error. I get a message in the "inbox" everyday saying the S.M.A.R.T. dectected a possible hard drive error. Now I admit the last zipper I used was at rev 1.8 I think. The one over the weekend was 4.6. IS this something new that the zipper installs to check hard drive status?
Also, I meant to run crons and chose NO by mistake..Will this cause the gotomydvr client to not run?

Thanks,
RAndy
rmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 12:56 PM   #2764
bud123456

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbautch View Post
Is it a usb200m v.2? If so, did you install backported drivers when the script asked you?
It appears to be a v2 by the labelling of the status indicators. Yes, I installed the 2.0 drivers when asked. This machine/network adapter worked with tweak.sh when I ran it a few months ago. I had a hard drive failure, so I rebuilt it with instantcake and ptvnet 6.2, and it works fine until I run tweak.sh.
bud123456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 06:58 PM   #2765
rbautch
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmax View Post
Good morning,
Over the past weekend I pulled my HR10-250 TiVo and reformated. It was rather painless as I have done it before. I loaded the image and chose 2 drive option..I then loaded the zipper separately. All was good. I put it back together and plugged it back up.
Everything is good except for one error. I get a message in the "inbox" everyday saying the S.M.A.R.T. dectected a possible hard drive error. Now I admit the last zipper I used was at rev 1.8 I think. The one over the weekend was 4.6. IS this something new that the zipper installs to check hard drive status?
Also, I meant to run crons and chose NO by mistake..Will this cause the gotomydvr client to not run?

Thanks,
RAndy
I added a new script to the installation that checks to see if your hard drive shows signs of going bad. The script is called drivemonitor.sh and is discussed in detail in the "Files" section of DDB. It looks for bad sectors, high drive temp, etc. If you get a warning message, it doesn't mean your tivo will crap out tomorrow, but you should be aware and make backups as appropriate.

or

Old 08-07-2008, 07:15 PM   #2766
rbautch
User

Quote:
It appears to be a v2 by the labelling of the status indicators. Yes, I installed the 2.0 drivers when asked. This machine/network adapter worked with tweak.sh when I ran it a few months ago. I had a hard drive failure, so I rebuilt it with instantcake and ptvnet 6.2, and it works fine until I run tweak.sh.
Last month I added code that removed the PTVnet way of networking (ifconfig in the author file), and instead hard codes IP values in MFS. There's good reason for this, just in case you're wondering. I realize that some part of that code is disconnecting PTVnet users, and I've been unable to duplicate the problem with my tivos (which run 6.2a). If anyone wants to help me troubleshoot this issue, please check the following with a serial cable or by pulling the drive.

1. List your model number and software version.
2. Check your /etc/hotplug/usb.map file to see if your driver is listed.
3. Check your author file to see if it looks like the one attached (rather than the PTVnet author file).
4. List the modules in /lib/modules and /platform/lib/modules that have a file date different from most of the others.
5. Confirm that there is no /init folder or test.conf file in your root directory.
Attached Files
File Type: zip rc.sysinit.zip (406 Bytes, 33 views)

or

Old 08-09-2008, 11:05 AM   #2767
55tbird

Red face Enhancement script non-connectivity issue

Originally Posted by 55tbird
DTV RCA DVR40
InstantCake distribution version 6.2a-01-2-321
PTVnet
Linksys USB200M v 2.1

Installed "tweak.sh" today, including the updated USB drivers. Seemed to install OK, but lost USB network support after reboot.

I have successfully connected to my Tivo via serial cable and ran "tweak_uninstall.sh". Uninstall ran successfully. Didn't have telnet until I ran onscreen setup of phone, TCP/IP, then selected automatically select IP address, then chose no dhcp client. I immediately had MRV again.

Trouble is I installed enhancement script multiple times with same result, USB adaptor wouldn't work. Even tried install without installing Jamie's USB drivers, still not difference. I really like what's included in it, still want to get USB working.

Any thoughts?

What adapter are you using? I've been unable to duplicate the problem using my TrendNet and Netgear adapters. Thanks for your patience. I'll figure this out soon.

Perhaps I should have been clearer..

After installation of PTVupgrade w/Instantcake 6.2a I had telnet and TWP (via internet), the USB200M 2.1 adaptor was working (yes, both lights on). Tweak.sh was ran which did install, I then had access to TWP 2.1 w/Hackman was working fine, (obviously the USB adaptor still was working with lights on). All this and I hadn't restarted the Tivo using the onscreen "restart the recorder" option.
Once rebooted the USB200 adaptor did not have lights on, I had no telnet or TWP access.
I did the complete PTVupgrade w/Instantcake install from scratch 4 times in total thinking I had done something different than I had numerous times less than a year ago (5 DTivos all with MRV), I had selected twice each to install or not Jamies USB drivers (per the Y/N option) with no difference.

I really like all the additions to the tweak script but I would be willing to do this over and over again to figure this out. It appears that a few others had similar results based on comments since my earlier posting.

Should I be trying something else, maybe before I do the final "restart" while the USB adaptor is still working.
55tbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 12:36 PM   #2768
bud123456

Quote:
Last month I added code that removed the PTVnet way of networking (ifconfig in the author file), and instead hard codes IP values in MFS. There's good reason for this, just in case you're wondering. I realize that some part of that code is disconnecting PTVnet users, and I've been unable to duplicate the problem with my tivos (which run 6.2a). If anyone wants to help me troubleshoot this issue, please check the following with a serial cable or by pulling the drive.

1. List your model number and software version.
2. Check your /etc/hotplug/usb.map file to see if your driver is listed.
3. Check your author file to see if it looks like the one attached (rather than the PTVnet author file).
4. List the modules in /lib/modules and /platform/lib/modules that have a file date different from most of the others.
5. Confirm that there is no /init folder or test.conf file in your root directory.
Here is the info *BEFORE* running tweak.sh. I had rebuilt it (actually a few times, trying different networking options like backported vs not backported and dhcp vs static) before posting, so it currently does not have tweak.sh run against it and the adapter is functioning. I will try to run tweak.sh later this weekend and give you the results.

1. Software System: 6.2a-01-2-151
Model: Hughes HDVR2

2. yes:
product 077b 2226 Linksys USB200M
product 13b1 0018 Linksys USB200MV2

3. obviously no, since I haven't run tweak.sh yet.

4. ls -laFt /lib/modules | more
-rwxr--r-- 2 500 200 1500 Aug 5 02:28 ehci-dummy.o*
-rwxr-xr-x 2 500 200 23220 Aug 5 02:28 kaweth.o*
-rwxr-xr-x 2 500 200 29528 Aug 5 02:28 pegasus.o*
-rwxr--r-- 2 500 200 35684 Aug 5 02:28 usb-ohci.o*
-rwxr--r-- 2 500 200 163078 Aug 5 02:28 usbcore.o*
-rwxr--r-- 2 500 200 43736 Aug 5 02:28 usbnet.o*
drwx------ 3 root root 1024 Mar 7 2007 ../
bash-2.02# ls -laFt /platform/lib/modules | more
ls: /platform/lib/modules: No such file or directory

5. Both /init folder and test.conf file exist in my root directory.

Thanks.
bud123456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 09:29 AM   #2769
spnewman

I pulled the drive and ran the ptv net software, placed drive back, and network is back. It seems the tweak program is still there.
I did see that before I did this, when connected to a serial cable, when booting, usb device drivers were not reconized. If that helps any.
spnewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 01:14 PM   #2770
55tbird

Enhancement script non-connectivity issue

Quote:
Here is the info *BEFORE* running tweak.sh. I had rebuilt it (actually a few times, trying different networking options like backported vs not backported and dhcp vs static) before posting, so it currently does not have tweak.sh run against it and the adapter is functioning. I will try to run tweak.sh later this weekend and give you the results.

1. Software System: 6.2a-01-2-151
Model: Hughes HDVR2

2. yes:

3. obviously no, since I haven't run tweak.sh yet.

4. ls -laFt /lib/modules | more
-rwxr--r-- 2 500 200 1500 Aug 5 02:28 ehci-dummy.o*
-rwxr-xr-x 2 500 200 23220 Aug 5 02:28 kaweth.o*
-rwxr-xr-x 2 500 200 29528 Aug 5 02:28 pegasus.o*
-rwxr--r-- 2 500 200 35684 Aug 5 02:28 usb-ohci.o*
-rwxr--r-- 2 500 200 163078 Aug 5 02:28 usbcore.o*
-rwxr--r-- 2 500 200 43736 Aug 5 02:28 usbnet.o*
drwx------ 3 root root 1024 Mar 7 2007 ../
bash-2.02# ls -laFt /platform/lib/modules | more
ls: /platform/lib/modules: No such file or directory

5. Both /init folder and test.conf file exist in my root directory.

Thanks.

I've started completely over again, ran tweak.sh still have previous issue with no USB200 adaptor activity (no lights), no telnet, etc. Here is what I've found after tweak script ran.

1. Software System: 6.2a-01-2-301
Model DSR7000

2. device usbnet

3. I've attached a pasted Word doc of the author file after running tweak, it is different.

4. I've attached another Word doc of the lib/modules.

5. I have confirmed that there is NO init folder or test.conf file in the root directory.

I've also attached the tweak install session using hyperterminal for additional info.

Hope this helps.
Attached Files
File Type: doc Actual Author file after tweak.doc (22.0 KB, 10 views)
File Type: doc lib modules after tweak.doc (20.0 KB, 4 views)
File Type: doc Tweak install.doc (60.5 KB, 11 views)
Old 08-10-2008, 01:44 PM   #2771
Da Goon
Registered Abuser

Code:
export TIVO_ROOT=                          fakecall.tcl5.255.0hancements/varhack
export MFS_DEVICE=/dev/hda10
tnlited 23 /bin/bash -login &                          5.255.0hancements/varhack
I hope your author file doesn't really look like that. If so, then the telnet daemon isn't even being started up, and your environment is incomplete.

Also, a listing of what's in /lib/modules isn't particulary helpful. Try 'ls -l' instead to get more information of the drivers contained there.

If you want to provide invaluable information, then post a console capture, either by rebooting with a serial cable attached and capturing all the logged messages, or wipe your kernel log, then reboot and attach the whole (post-reboot) kernel log to a post. Also, if you have console access, post the output of 'ifconfig -a' , 'mfs_dumpobj -r /State/Network' , and 'lsmod'
Da Goon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 07:32 PM   #2772
elroy

Today on my Zippered DSR7000 I updated the Enhancement Script by simply doing a Telnet, cd /hacks; sh tweak.sh and let the scrip do all the work.

Now my TivoWebPlus does practically nothing, before the updated enhancements I had TivoWebPlus v2.0.something and I now have TivoWebPlus v2.1.b2.

How do I fix TWP?
elroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 07:48 PM   #2773
unclemoosh
I Wish I knew Then..

Quote:
Originally Posted by elroy View Post
Today on my Zippered DSR7000 I updated the Enhancement Script by simply doing a Telnet, cd /hacks; sh tweak.sh and let the scrip do all the work.

Now my TivoWebPlus does practically nothing, before the updated enhancements I had TivoWebPlus v2.0.something and I now have TivoWebPlus v2.1.b2.

How do I fix TWP?
Depending on what you upgraded from, you may have multiple versions of TWP installed and multiple versions started from rc.sysinit.author.

Look in your root to see if you have a TivoWebPlus directory. Also, look in /var/hack for one. Inspect your rc.sysinit.author to see if it is starting tivoweb from different locations.

It may be easiest if you delete all references to tivoweb in rc.sysinit.author and remove all directories containing TivoWebPlus. Then, uninstall and reinstall tweak.
TivoWebPlus, mfs_ftp, Galleon, Movieloader, JavaHMO, tivoserver, etc.
unclemoosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 08:43 PM   #2774
elroy

well shoot, looks like I screwed up my rc.sysinit.author by editing it on a Windows PC rather than doing it via telnet. In the back of my head I seem to remember doing it on a Windows PC is a bad idea.

Looks like I'll have to build a serial interface, once I do I think I can figure out how to delete the bad rc.sysinit.author and rename the backup but if you happen to know where this has already been discussed a link would be greatly appreciated.

Also, ftp doesn't seem to be able to delete directories and telnet doesn't seem to have rmdir. No, I was not in read only. Of course with a corrupt rc.sysinit.author I can't do either right now.
Old 08-12-2008, 08:47 PM   #2775
tivoupgrade
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by elroy View Post
well shoot, looks like I screwed up my rc.sysinit.author by editing it on a Windows PC rather than doing it via telnet. In the back of my head I seem to remember doing it on a Windows PC is a bad idea.

Looks like I'll have to build a serial interface, once I do I think I can figure out how to delete the bad rc.sysinit.author and rename the backup but if you happen to know where this has already been discussed a link would be greatly appreciated.

Also, ftp doesn't seem to be able to delete directories and telnet doesn't seem to have rmdir. No, I was not in read only. Of course with a corrupt rc.sysinit.author I can't do either right now.
The command for rename in linux os is "mv"

Try using ultraedit if you want to edit linux files on a PC; just make sure that you don't convert to DOS format (^M at the end of every line).

The linux command that will allow you to remove a directory is "rm" (it doesn't have anything to do with telnet; telnet just gives you terminal connectivity through the network connection).

"rm -rf" will force the removal of a directory (recursively) even if it is not empty.

Also you can use "vi" to edit your rc.sysinit.author file in place (use google for complete command list for vi...
tivoupgrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 03:33 AM   #2776
elroy

Ok, I give up! Is there a "how to" anywhere explaining how to bash over serial? I tried HyperTerminal and the connection seems fine because I get all the info as my TiVo boots but I don't get a bash prompt so I can't do anything.
Old 08-15-2008, 10:42 AM   #2777
unclemoosh
I Wish I knew Then..

I did a search for serial bash and got many results. Since I am not aware of your level of expertise, confuration, etc., you may want to do the same search to find an appropriate thread.

Or, you may want to start here http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...ht=serial+bash
TivoWebPlus, mfs_ftp, Galleon, Movieloader, JavaHMO, tivoserver, etc.
unclemoosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 06:36 PM   #2778
texster

elroy -

Check your settings: Baud/bps: 115200, Data: 8bit, parity: none, stop bits: 1, flow control: none
Try using Tera Term Pro instead of hyperterminal.
texster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 02:33 AM   #2779
55tbird

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Goon View Post
Code:
export TIVO_ROOT=                          fakecall.tcl5.255.0hancements/varhack
export MFS_DEVICE=/dev/hda10
tnlited 23 /bin/bash -login &                          5.255.0hancements/varhack
I hope your author file doesn't really look like that. If so, then the telnet daemon isn't even being started up, and your environment is incomplete.

Also, a listing of what's in /lib/modules isn't particulary helpful. Try 'ls -l' instead to get more information of the drivers contained there.

If you want to provide invaluable information, then post a console capture, either by rebooting with a serial cable attached and capturing all the logged messages, or wipe your kernel log, then reboot and attach the whole (post-reboot) kernel log to a post. Also, if you have console access, post the output of 'ifconfig -a' , 'mfs_dumpobj -r /State/Network' , and 'lsmod'

I need to clarify that the "actual author file" was pasted to the Word doc after Superpatch w/MRV was working and then the tweak.sh script had been ran while using telnet (I have done this complete install so many times from the ground up that the author file was pasted using Hyperterminal BEFORE I had rebooted, I didn't realize that it might look different). The current author file does NOT have the following lines as noted by Da Goon.

fakecall.tcl5.255.0hancements/varhack
5.255.0hancements/varhack

Due to limited 3 attachments I have not reattached the "author file" again as the only differences were the omission of the 2 above lines. I have attached the following items however;

ls -l /lib/modules
console capture of the reboot w/serial cable
ifconfig -a, mfs_dumpobj -r /State/Network, lsmod

I hope this additional info helps someone to determine the loss of USB connectivity after the reboot.

If I can provide anything else I will be happy to provide it.

55tbird
Attached Files
File Type: doc lib modules after tweak.doc (26.0 KB, 4 views)
File Type: doc reboot w serial cable after tweak.doc (26.0 KB, 11 views)
File Type: doc ifconfig mfs dumpobj lsmod.doc (21.0 KB, 6 views)
Old 08-16-2008, 03:07 AM   #2780
55tbird

Lost USB connectivity

Quote:
From serial bash, run this:
Code:
tivosh /enhancements/net-status.tcl
and post the results here. Then start up tivowebplus with
Code:
/TivoWebPlus/tivoweb console
and post any errors here.
I've attached the "net-status.tcl and tivoweb console" results from a serial bash session after running tweak.sh, note that MRV was working with multiple Tivos just prior to the tweak.sh install.

55tbird
Attached Files
File Type: doc Net-status and tivoweb console.doc (21.5 KB, 8 views)
Old 08-16-2008, 10:15 AM   #2781
rbautch
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55tbird View Post
I've attached the "net-status.tcl and tivoweb console" results from a serial bash session after running tweak.sh, note that MRV was working with multiple Tivos just prior to the tweak.sh install.

55tbird
Looks like no ip params are set. Try running net-launch.sh from serial bash, then reboot.

or

Old 08-16-2008, 10:24 AM   #2782
rbautch
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55tbird View Post

55tbird
After running tweak.sh after PTVnet, you should have seen the following: "No network parameters found in MFS." "You will be prompted to enter them now." For all PTVnet users, let me know if you saw this or not when running tweak.sh.

or

Old 08-16-2008, 08:33 PM   #2783
55tbird

No USB connectivity

Quote:
Looks like no ip params are set. Try running net-launch.sh from serial bash, then reboot.

I've ran "net-launch.sh" which I chose "d" for Dhcp, then reran "net-status.tcl" which looks like;

bash-2.02# tivosh net-status.tcl

The following IP parameters are now set in MFS:
IP address is currently set to:
Default gateway is currently set to: 0.0.0.0
Subnet Mask is currently set to: 255.255.255.0
DNS Server is currently set to: 4.2.2.2
DHCP is on
NO WIRELESS PARAMETERS ARE SET IN MFS

bash-2.02#

Then I rebooted, ran net-status again and it stays just as above. I then reconnected the Tivo to my entertainment system where it should be working, however still same result, no USB connectivity with no lights on the USB adaptor, I've verified that the adaptor is NOT the problem by swapping with other known working units, problem continues to be with this Tivo unit.

USB driver(s) still seem to be the issue after enhancement script was run.

55tbird
Old 08-16-2008, 08:42 PM   #2784
55tbird

Arrow Lost USB connectivity

Quote:
After running tweak.sh after PTVnet, you should have seen the following: "No network parameters found in MFS." "You will be prompted to enter them now." For all PTVnet users, let me know if you saw this or not when running tweak.sh.

I've ran tweak.sh after doing the PTVnet w/Instantcake 6.2a which was Superpatched with working MRV & HMO. I've attached the tweak install session and did not find any reference to "No network parameters found in MFS" anywhere in it.

55tbird
Attached Files
File Type: doc Tweak install.doc (60.5 KB, 11 views)
Old 08-17-2008, 06:47 PM   #2785
rbautch
User

I reverted back to the old way I handled PTVnet installations, so it should be working again.

or

Old 08-18-2008, 02:16 AM   #2786
55tbird

Smile No USB connectivity

Quote:
I reverted back to the old way I handled PTVnet installations, so it should be working again.
I've ran the enhancement script (tweak.sh) again and I still have USB network function with all the latest enhancements (after restarting Tivo). Thanks, I'm good to go from here.
Old 09-02-2008, 02:36 AM   #2787
tj21

How do I Execute the script tweak.sh ???
Newbie here... I've been reading for 3 hrs and came up with nothing.
I did hack the HR10-250 with zipper.
I get to "bash-2.02#", but then I'm stuck.
What do I do next???
tj21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 06:47 AM   #2788
ttodd1
Proud Computer Geek

Step 4 under the Zipper instructions.
Old 09-02-2008, 02:16 PM   #2789
tj21

Wow, you're a great help ttodd lol.

I think its my network adapter, cause its not on the list of good ones. I'll get a new one tonight and find out. I did get the script to work once this morning, but got the XP enhancement error. Every other time I try to run it, I get booted as soon as I type a letter or two after the bash.
Old 09-02-2008, 09:04 PM   #2790
tj21

Put on a FA120 and got the same results. Putty closes as soon as I start typing after bash, or soon thereafter. If anyone else has seen this before, I'd appreciate the help.